Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » August 9th, 2022, 1:07 pm

hover11 wrote:
greggle71 wrote:I think the government will do well if they could somehow light up the imagination of the population with some kinda visionary project or policy whatever it is. Even if it’s just to change the daily discussion.

The sky has not fallen in difficult macroeconomic times post pandemic but people become bored and frustrated living in a coping environment for this long. Yea the opening up of the entertainment sector has helped somewhat to let some of the inclined population to breathe a bit but it’s not enough

The general mood of the population is kinda sour, no other way to put it. We have always been cynical of governments current and past that is not a now phenomenon

I ain’t buying the crime situation as a major contributor, crime has been part of our social fabric for the last 30 years.

This government mantra is slow and steady but in a rapidly changing global environment it’s probably not enough as are all exposed to the rapid and revolutionary. However, as the trust and goodwill whittles away their saving grace is that the trust of the swing voter of the political opposition is even more fragile

Interesting times ahead
Interesting perspective however, this administration had more than enough time. Eight years and we are into their second term yet I cannot fathom or conceptualize one single achievement that they have done that will entice me or at least second guess to give them my vote. Absolutely nothing. The economy has been on autopilot since 2015 , little to no policies or government intervention. Then they come across as punishing the working class the unions not on their side, majority of workers are not enticed by their recent stance. Overall ppl have had it with the PNM they have produced nothing but excuses for their tenure, I believe the powers that be are aware of such , local government elections shall be a pre cursor of what is to come in 2025.

I think the government came in 2015 with a lot of goodwill just like the 2010 regime. It bought them a couple years to stabilize, then a pandemic came which at least in the earlies also gave them a pathway to a second term but you’re right it’s now 8 years and hence my take on a population becoming bored, tone deaf to the excuses and same old same old narrative.

A change in government doesn’t have to always mean a change in the ruling party, I strongly wonder if the current PM even wants another cycle of this, notwithstanding his age I just find like he is losing his energy for the battle, for the fight. Just the notion of intent to walk away is enough to generate excitement amongst the population, it might be the only trump card the PNM may have left. The faithful will be keen to participate and non faithful will keenly look on whether they want to admit it or not.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 9th, 2022, 3:22 pm

hover11 wrote:
mero wrote:
sMASH wrote:PNM is just F* sheit. and the knuckle draggers just keep voting them in...
Shitty opposition can't beat man getting rated 0/10. How shitty can this opposition really be?
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:In before red government ppl say them is UNC ppl :S

IIRC Shane Mohammed ran for positions in UNC internals
Lol
Study the opposition and don't study that people fed up of your leader. They are disenfranchised because big man thing he doing rel sheit. Keith just buying he time atm because trust and believe just as how they lost Tobago so too shall they lose Trinidad

Jason,

If i may interject, some people are fed up of Keith, not all.

A PNM victory in 2025 approaches us.

Nobody listening.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 3:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:
mero wrote:
sMASH wrote:PNM is just F* sheit. and the knuckle draggers just keep voting them in...
Shitty opposition can't beat man getting rated 0/10. How shitty can this opposition really be?
Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol
Study the opposition and don't study that people fed up of your leader. They are disenfranchised because big man thing he doing rel sheit. Keith just buying he time atm because trust and believe just as how they lost Tobago so too shall they lose Trinidad

Jason,

If i may interject, some people are fed up of Keith, not all.

A PNM victory in 2025 approaches us.

Nobody listening.
Max,

I would say a good sum of ppl , might even say the majority.

PNM dead. Max name 5 things in fact I will make it easier name three good things PNM has done for the 8 years in power. Sell PNM to me , make me want to vote for them.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 9th, 2022, 3:33 pm

mero wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol
Cant blame them for the voters Being idiots.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 9th, 2022, 3:34 pm

Not enough people fed up of pnm to boot them out.

And I still not voting unc. I voting independent.
UNC better, but not better enough

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby paid_influencer » August 9th, 2022, 5:49 pm

PNM keeping Penny Beckles like an ace in the hole.

UNC wasting time breaking down Keith when 2025 will be Kamla vs Penny.

and Kamla will lose

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 9th, 2022, 8:16 pm

paid_influencer wrote:PNM keeping Penny Beckles like an ace in the hole.

and Kamla will lose

And she doing grassroots social media activity.Good call

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 10th, 2022, 7:17 am

hover11 wrote:Max name 5 things in fact I will make it easier name three good things PNM has done for the 8 years in power. Sell PNM to me , make me want to vote for them.

Jason,

1. Under the UNC in this pandemic, you and many others could have died. Kamla wanted to “open up d place” before the major increases in deaths and cases….imagine what would have happened. You should thank the PNM for saving your life.

2. The PNM is the more stable party.

I can only give 2 at this time so thats not enough to sell the PNM to you nor was that ever/even my intention. Me, i am satisfied with how the PNM handled this pandemic and i can only speak for my area in Point which is seeing it’s best progress in history thanks to a great MP.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 7:21 am

PNM CELEBRATES 7 YEARS IN GOVERNMENT----- PRAISE FOR PENNY BUT CRIES OF NEGLECT FOR THE REST OF THE PNM.

As the People’s National Movement’s (PNM) seventh year in office comes to an end, citizens feel their lives have been regressing under the Government, with key issues not being addressed.

However, Arima MP Pennelope Beckles is among the favoured MPs in constituencies canvassed by Guardian Media.

Despite Arima having the highest murder and crime rates in the country and frequent water woes, its MP, Pennelope Beckles, came in for heavy praises from constituents, many of whom described her as a workhorse.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/as-pnms ... 2062840373

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 7:25 am

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:Max name 5 things in fact I will make it easier name three good things PNM has done for the 8 years in power. Sell PNM to me , make me want to vote for them.

Jason,

1. Under the UNC in this pandemic, you and many others could have died. Kamla wanted to “open up d place” before the major increases in deaths and cases….imagine what would have happened. You should thank the PNM for saving your life.

2. The PNM is the more stable party.

I can only give 2 at this time so thats not enough to sell the PNM to you nor was that ever/even my intention. Me, i am satisfied with how the PNM handled this pandemic and i can only speak for my area in Point which is seeing it’s best progress in history thanks to a great MP.
Max,

Take away the pandemic for a moment because the pandemic was the PNM's only saving grace for winning the 2015 election, had there been no pandemic the PNM would have lost due to the fact that people were already disenfranchised.....PNM better hope another pandemic occurs for 2024 because other than that they have to hit the road Jack.

Imagine even you a PNM stalwart cannot name three things that this administration has achieved with their tenure in power yet I can name Ten things the PP has done with their limited 5 years in office. Am I saying the UNC is perfect no they are not but neither is the PNM

Performance always beats Ole talk my good man and so far I am fed up of the PNM and their bag of excuses.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 10th, 2022, 7:48 am

Yeh J,

I will in no way challenge your views as you have all the right and reason to say as you state.

But the PNM showed strength in this pandemic and that was a big WIN for them.

PNM 2025 is near Jason. The dissatisfied population you speak of just isn’t enough.

The UNC has to bring something to the table for people as myself to change my vote.

Everyone is talking about Rowley this and that, and you know what…they are right to say what they say about him and his MPs….most of them that is.

But what is Kamla doing? Yuh cannot just sit on your old unstable out of timing rumcork ass and expect to win a election. I was a UNC and was convinced to vote PNM for the first time. The UNC ain’t convincing me jack sheit to change my vote. Why is that?

Jason, understand what is happening. People tolerating sheit and eating sheit and STILL voting an incompetent party is the culture in T&T. So those SAME people you say are “fed up” and have the worst to say about PNM are the SAME ones putting the X by u know where.
Last edited by MaxPower on August 10th, 2022, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 7:51 am

MaxPower wrote:Yeh J,

I will in no way challenge your views as you have all the right and reason to say as you state.

PNM 2025 is near Jason. The dissatisfied population you speak of just isn’t enough.

The UNC has to bring something to the table for people as myself to change my vote.

Everyone is talking about Rowley this and that, and you know what…they are right to say what they say about him and his MPs….most of them that is.

But what is Kamla doing? Yuh cannot just sit on your old unstable out of timing rumcork ass and expect to win a election.

Jason, understand what is happening. People tolerating sheit and eating sheit and STILL voting an incompetent party is the culture in T&T. So those SAME people you say are “fed up” and have the worst to say about PNM are the SAME ones putting the X by u know where.
X1000000000000000

Well said Max

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 10th, 2022, 10:48 am

Yuh know how long I saying this.

Everything Penny doing is geared to show her grassroots connection to be the political leader of the PNM.

Check her fb posts and see a carefully calculated strategy.

paid_influencer wrote:PNM keeping Penny Beckles like an ace in the hole.

and Kamla will lose

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 10th, 2022, 10:49 am

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Yeh J,

But what is Kamla doing? Yuh cannot just sit on your old unstable out of timing rumcork ass and expect to win a election.

X1000000000000000

Well said Max

Fully agree Max.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 10:54 am

... interesting , say it isnt so

:|

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=401 ... 0154598996

PNM Devotees.

How, just how could Sharon horn the Honorable Prime Minister with a greecy dhal Indian from the special branch.
You leave a intelligent hardworking black man for that Sharon?
You’re disgusting to cheat on the Honorable Prime Minister Girl go way yes, bess you join UNC one time. Big watery steups.
Last edited by Rovin on August 10th, 2022, 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 11:00 am

Time to show this oppressive government who put them there and who they working for. Enough is enough.
FB_IMG_1660143568094.jpg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 10th, 2022, 11:03 am

you going?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 11:09 am

dem unions & d ppl they rep only GAF because its THEIR salary being impacted , they eh care about any other issues d country has but only what affects dem personally in their pockets ...

*i edited to include d ppl d unions rep which waht i also meant but forgot to type it in
Last edited by Rovin on August 10th, 2022, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 11:11 am

maj. tom wrote:you going?
Ofc ...strength in numbers. This is what the government likes, an unstable industrial climate.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 11:17 am

Rovin wrote:dem unions only GAF because its THEIR salary being impacted , they eh care about any other issues d country has but only what affects dem personally in their pockets ...
Police are disgruntled, nurses and fire officers are all upset. The ppl who were declared "essential" for covid and were out slaving , the ones we clapped for they have not received pay increases for nearly a decade, someone has to seek their interests be it for whatever ulterior motive because clearly the government of the day does not. I am surprised teachers have not kicked up as yet but schools are opening next month so we shall see....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 10th, 2022, 11:43 am

Rovin wrote:dem unions & d ppl they rep only GAF because its THEIR salary being impacted , they eh care about any other issues d country has but only what affects dem personally in their pockets ...

*i edited to include d ppl d unions rep which waht i also meant but forgot to type it in
That is the duty of management, to ensure the job gets done.
If the problem is workers, then its their responsibility to retrain or change out workers.
If its tools or location, their job to attempt to get the relevant ammendments.

Workers will work on instruction and training, they are NOT supposed to be decision makers.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 10th, 2022, 11:51 am

buh u miss d whole point smash , protesting only because it affects their immediate pockets, why they dont protest for other issues affecting d country too ?

... at least throw in a few other issues while u out there protesting, at least mamaguy d public that unions\workers really care about their concerns too besides their own personal needs

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 10th, 2022, 12:04 pm

Rovin wrote:buh u miss d whole point smash , protesting only because it affects their immediate pockets, why they dont protest for other issues affecting d country too ?

... at least throw in a few other issues while u out there protesting, at least mamaguy d public that unions\workers really care about their concerns too besides their own personal needs
Rovin,

The unions are doing what they are being paid to do which is to seek after their members' interests. At the moment the memberships' biggest concern is that their disposal income has greatly deteriorated and purchasing power has been eroded due to inflation. If the general public is distraught and have concerns they can show their displeasure through means such as protests.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 10th, 2022, 12:59 pm

send back pics from the front.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 10th, 2022, 8:30 pm

That March not going to change jack sheit

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 10th, 2022, 8:58 pm

Rovin wrote:buh u miss d whole point smash , protesting only because it affects their immediate pockets, why they dont protest for other issues affecting d country too ?

a union is meant to fight on behalf of the workers, what ever issue they greive. if is money or safety, it matters not.

let management identify and fix other issues as THEY HAVE ALLLL POWER AND CONTROL TO DO SO, even if is firing workers. industrial court will determine if it was justified.

the driver steers the car, when the tire decide to steer, dat is problems...

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 10th, 2022, 9:17 pm

hover11 wrote:

Rovin,

The unions are doing what they are being paid to do which is to seek after their members' interests. At the moment the memberships' biggest concern is that their disposal income has greatly deteriorated and purchasing power has been eroded due to inflation. If the general public is distraught and have concerns they can show their displeasure through means such as protests.

maybe we need a citizen's union

one eye
3NE 2NR for life

Postby one eye » August 10th, 2022, 9:38 pm

Ey ey the long forgotten nobody prima-donna came out of his coconut shed to pollute the airwaves.

He won't tell you how much oral he give for lifesport contracts.

He won't tell you his nickname back in the 80s in Fatima was Buns.

Fagabat loves to talk people business and gossip like a little beyotch.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 11th, 2022, 2:49 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:That March not going to change jack sheit
Had the Government been doing their job in which they are being paid their hefty salaries to do in the first place which involve dealing with the bargaining periods on a timely basis, we would not be in this position. Let's see what happens when police, nurses , fire and prisons don't get their increase in wages.

Give to Ceasar, what is Ceasers'.We want our pound of flesh.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 11th, 2022, 5:39 am

hover11 wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:That March not going to change jack sheit
Had the Government been doing their job in which they are being paid their hefty salaries to do in the first place which involve dealing with the bargaining periods on a timely basis, we would not be in this position. Let's see what happens when police, nurses , fire and prisons don't get their increase in wages.

Give to Ceasar, what is Ceasers'.We want our pound of flesh.
"Time the government runs their businesses like a real business and not a parlor."

Stop throwing money at unproductive entities. Weed out the slackers and compensate based on performance. Most if not all the high performing businesses are not unionised and are in the private sector. We must treat the public sector as a business in order to get value for money as well as enable the public servant to earn as they perform.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”