Forums

Re: PNM in Gov't

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 7th, 2022, 2:11 pm

hover11 wrote:What is the purpose of the PNM Women’s League?In a country where there are so many women’s issues to be dealt with such as increased domestic violence ,the removal of financial and other support for children and mothers by their very own Government, many inappropriate remarks by their ownpolitical leader in various public forums, the PNM Women’s League is silent on those matters.However they some how find the time to be very vocal here , that's funny. Seems their priorities are skewed just like the administration they fall under.

Does the fact that they are a PNM women's league mean that they only stand up for the rights of women who are holders of party cards of the said denomination? Can't say they're not living up to their name lol

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby hover11 » August 7th, 2022, 2:21 pm

maj. tom wrote:You answered your own question. Propaganda self-service victims when politically convenient. You can never hear them when real women and other gender issues are splashed in blood and violence across the national papers.
So many women killed in cold blood they sleeping, so many mothers bawling during covid due to financial distress, they sleeping. So many young educated women asking for jobs and can't seem to secure one they sleeping. However, anil Roberts open his mouth the sleeping giant has awoken almost instantaneously. Gimme a fat chance.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 7th, 2022, 3:42 pm

The women's league was created to be a political buffer, control the grassroots in a matriarchal way, and to defend the PM at all costs. Back in the day no man dares to go against the fat ass brigade, so is either you comply or hush. You were dealing with a rabid group at the grassroots level who have no issues going down to the gutter.

Today they are a joke and nobody is afraid of them anymore.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2022, 6:53 pm

What's this talk about Sharon Rowley putting a horn on keethos?

You guys slow on the draw.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 7th, 2022, 7:03 pm

them special branch used to carry she and daughter to a gym in woorbrook, havent seen them there in a few years
like she exercising elsewhere

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 7th, 2022, 7:08 pm

nervewrecker wrote:What's this talk about Sharon Rowley putting a horn on keethos?

check higher up on this page ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 7th, 2022, 7:15 pm

ralphy lashing dem hard ...

https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... MH7HBHLux8

Seven wasted years

Ralph Maraj

This column has long identified what I considered to be the three main issues facing the nation and repeated them over the years as key to the future for Trinidad and Tobago. I called for: 1. economic modernisation to deal with a changing global economy; 2. arresting the spreading and deepening social decay producing disturbing phenomena unsettling national equilibrium; and 3. eliminating the institutional dysfunctionality that generates incompetence, inefficiency and insufficiency in the delivery of goods and services by the State to the people.

Seven years ago, almost immediately on the ascension to office of Dr Keith Rowley as prime minister and Colm Imbert as finance minister, my column highlighted these critical areas to these two most senior politicians in the Cabinet, each then with over 30 years in the Parliament, and suggested what needed to be done. I warned, “success in government is now more critical than at any other time in our history”, that the nation needs an administration with the political will that stems from “courage, conviction and commitment” to deal with these issues.

But disillusionment came early. One year later, I lamented, “this is promising to be one of the most incompetent administrations in the country’s history, totally inadequate to the challenges before us, wasting precious time and dwindling resources, dithering while the ship sinks”.

Who can say I’ve been wrong? Today, things are worse than ever. Folks, it has been seven wasted years! Pity the young, for heaven’s sake! The country is being ruined for them. Prof Selwyn Cudjoe, in a seminal three-part series on “Keith ­Rowley’s failed leadership”, quotes Mother Bernie of the Spiritual Baptists who says, “People of T&T, if we don’t say when something wrong and call a spade a spade, God is going to deal with us.”

Will we see the utter shame of an economy still undiversified and ele­mentary with absolutely no new foreign revenue streams, not even one gestating? And will we still applaud when Rowley and Imbert pontificate, naked in their emptiness? In his mid-year budget review, Imbert ridiculously boasted of a $654 million surplus. But he had nothing to do with it. It came from Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine that caused astronomical rises in the price of oil, gas and petrochemicals.

We now have a temporary reprieve for our economy which has been slipping into darkness under Imbert. He has led us into depression for the last six years. Unforgivable! We are today in the jaws of the debt-trap, earning less but borrowing “to maintain our lifestyle” and borrowing more to service accumulated debt. In September 2021, the net national debt stood at $126.6 billion, 85 per cent of GDP, way above the 70 per cent described as “acceptable”. Because of Putin’s high energy prices, Imbert was so very “happy to announce the Government had not borrowed any money for five months” and continued gleefully, “believe it or not, public debt is actually coming down”! Pathetic. But as I have said, even more pathetic when some say “hooray”.

And after seven wasted years, have State institutions moved one inch towards efficiency in serving the people? Why must citi­zens continue to protest and block roads to have them repaired? How many people can fall ill and go to a public health institution feeling assured of quick and effective attention? Can besieged citi­zens anywhere in Trinidad and Tobago contact the police in an emergency and feel certain help will come to provide relief they badly need? And note, these are examples of the mere basic requirements of any society aspiring to even a modicum of civilisation. What about the complex issues like the country’s improved competitiveness in the global market, the relevance of the education system to today’s national needs or the criminal justice system generally and the delivery of justice in particular, on all of which there has been more deterioration than improvement after seven years and seven budgets with hundreds of billions spent.

And today, when absolutely nothing has been done to address the rampant social decay, Rowley pronounces, as though making a revelation, “Trini­dad and Tobago has become a violent society.” Absurd! Violence has been abundantly evident for the past seven years in homes, communities, streets and schools! And the prime minister’s language has often contributed to it, even threatening to use his ­“s--t kickers” on an Opposition parliamentarian. Commenting on Rowley’s language, Mother Bernie said “that is why we have so much delinquency and crime”. But, again ducking responsibility, the great abdicator establishes a committee with no Cabinet ministers but headed by two permanent secretaries to deal with crime as a public health emergency. “Another dud, another failure,” said David Abdulah of the Movement for Social Justice. “That and nothing is the same thing.” Indeed. Didn’t Rowley establish a committee in 2020 focusing on at-risk communities? Where is the report? What policies emanated?

The deep issue of the past seven years remains. With political paralysis and intellectual fossilisation at the top, how will we ever engineer the social and economic transformation urgently needed in Trinidad and Tobago today? It is going to be more than seven wasted years.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Rovin wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:What's this talk about Sharon Rowley putting a horn on keethos?

This place really great yes.

Take care Rowley with aunty Kam's easy easy and he with his wife just to save face.

I mean, he and Kam's have similar interests and a lot in common.

So what you guys think they going to put forward as the distraction for this? Or it has not gathered enough attention and publicity to warrant such?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2022, 7:47 pm

Rovin wrote:ralphy lashing dem hard ...

Seven wasted years

Ralph Maraj

This column has long identified what I considered to be the three main issues facing the nation and repeated them over the years as key to the future for Trinidad and Tobago. I called for: 1. economic modernisation to deal with a changing global economy; 2. arresting the spreading and deepening social decay producing disturbing phenomena unsettling national equilibrium; and 3. eliminating the institutional dysfunctionality that generates incompetence, inefficiency and insufficiency in the delivery of goods and services by the State to the people.

Seven years ago, almost immediately on the ascension to office of Dr Keith Rowley as prime minister and Colm Imbert as finance minister, my column highlighted these critical areas to these two most senior politicians in the Cabinet, each then with over 30 years in the Parliament, and suggested what needed to be done. I warned, “success in government is now more critical than at any other time in our history”, that the nation needs an administration with the political will that stems from “courage, conviction and commitment” to deal with these issues.

But disillusionment came early. One year later, I lamented, “this is promising to be one of the most incompetent administrations in the country’s history, totally inadequate to the challenges before us, wasting precious time and dwindling resources, dithering while the ship sinks”.

Who can say I’ve been wrong? Today, things are worse than ever. Folks, it has been seven wasted years! Pity the young, for heaven’s sake! The country is being ruined for them. Prof Selwyn Cudjoe, in a seminal three-part series on “Keith ­Rowley’s failed leadership”, quotes Mother Bernie of the Spiritual Baptists who says, “People of T&T, if we don’t say when something wrong and call a spade a spade, God is going to deal with us.”

Will we see the utter shame of an economy still undiversified and ele­mentary with absolutely no new foreign revenue streams, not even one gestating? And will we still applaud when Rowley and Imbert pontificate, naked in their emptiness? In his mid-year budget review, Imbert ridiculously boasted of a $654 million surplus. But he had nothing to do with it. It came from Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine that caused astronomical rises in the price of oil, gas and petrochemicals.

We now have a temporary reprieve for our economy which has been slipping into darkness under Imbert. He has led us into depression for the last six years. Unforgivable! We are today in the jaws of the debt-trap, earning less but borrowing “to maintain our lifestyle” and borrowing more to service accumulated debt. In September 2021, the net national debt stood at $126.6 billion, 85 per cent of GDP, way above the 70 per cent described as “acceptable”. Because of Putin’s high energy prices, Imbert was so very “happy to announce the Government had not borrowed any money for five months” and continued gleefully, “believe it or not, public debt is actually coming down”! Pathetic. But as I have said, even more pathetic when some say “hooray”.

And after seven wasted years, have State institutions moved one inch towards efficiency in serving the people? Why must citi­zens continue to protest and block roads to have them repaired? How many people can fall ill and go to a public health institution feeling assured of quick and effective attention? Can besieged citi­zens anywhere in Trinidad and Tobago contact the police in an emergency and feel certain help will come to provide relief they badly need? And note, these are examples of the mere basic requirements of any society aspiring to even a modicum of civilisation. What about the complex issues like the country’s improved competitiveness in the global market, the relevance of the education system to today’s national needs or the criminal justice system generally and the delivery of justice in particular, on all of which there has been more deterioration than improvement after seven years and seven budgets with hundreds of billions spent.

And today, when absolutely nothing has been done to address the rampant social decay, Rowley pronounces, as though making a revelation, “Trini­dad and Tobago has become a violent society.” Absurd! Violence has been abundantly evident for the past seven years in homes, communities, streets and schools! And the prime minister’s language has often contributed to it, even threatening to use his ­“s--t kickers” on an Opposition parliamentarian. Commenting on Rowley’s language, Mother Bernie said “that is why we have so much delinquency and crime”. But, again ducking responsibility, the great abdicator establishes a committee with no Cabinet ministers but headed by two permanent secretaries to deal with crime as a public health emergency. “Another dud, another failure,” said David Abdulah of the Movement for Social Justice. “That and nothing is the same thing.” Indeed. Didn’t Rowley establish a committee in 2020 focusing on at-risk communities? Where is the report? What policies emanated?

The deep issue of the past seven years remains. With political paralysis and intellectual fossilisation at the top, how will we ever engineer the social and economic transformation urgently needed in Trinidad and Tobago today? It is going to be more than seven wasted years.

i could only remember ralf as a pnm. but he real salty last few years... next ting rowley did hit him a butt too, back in the days...

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » August 7th, 2022, 7:50 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Rovin wrote:

This place really great yes.

Take care Rowley with aunty Kam's easy easy and he with his wife just to save face.

I mean, he and Kam's have similar interests and a lot in common.

So what you guys think they going to put forward as the distraction for this? Or it has not gathered enough attention and publicity to warrant such?

this probably is the distraction for something else

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 7th, 2022, 8:25 pm

They having a ball with this on social media.

All joke and fun aside, it shows one thing. You can have the best of everything if you aren't human you aren't nothing. Somewhere along the line we lost ourselves.

Gotta make time for your significant other or you will loose her. Found a quote recently that a lot of my female friends can relate to.

Everytime she forgives him she loves him a little less. They day he loves her the most is the day she feels nothing for him. Sad to say, a lot of women feel like this and their man none the wiser.

Hope people learn from our pm mistakes and change.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 7th, 2022, 9:31 pm

Seven wasted years

Ralph Maraj

Ralph does real lix on i95 on a Monday afternoon, but he back broad

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 7th, 2022, 10:06 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:

Seven wasted years

Ralph Maraj

Ralph does real lix on i95 on a Monday afternoon, but he back broad
No credibility, only have mouth after he got thrown out with the Manning faction. He should use his remaining years and ponder why his son drink gramaxone on sando hill.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 7th, 2022, 10:11 pm

Friends,

We have more important matters to discuss.

Leave Master Keith and his wife alone.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 8th, 2022, 8:43 pm

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 8th, 2022, 9:39 pm

How to tame a raging Bull ?

By the HORN ...

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 8th, 2022, 9:41 pm

Gonna ramp up....esp for the piccong AR took and prob still takes...so no love lost....

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » August 9th, 2022, 2:02 am

paid_influencer wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:I read this...

https://www.facebook.com/PNMDevotees/po ... qJyNG6BScl

Anil puts it into perspective:

Anil is a kant. How left foot right foot UNC supporters could stomach he, I do not know. Anil is half the reason UNC lost a damn near giveaway election in 2020. Anil is one of the major reasons UNC does not deserve to be anywhere near power again. Lifesport? That not interesting for you? Hundreds of millions of dollars wasted under Lifesport and UNC supporters bending over to lick Anil bamcee.

If Keith get horn, that is between he and his wife. Bigger issue why you not worried about how people like Anil reach so high up in your party.

I am not worried. I know who I am supporting and my conscience is clear.

Anil is absolute rubbish. People who listen to him to this day must have a -iq.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 6:52 am

POLITICAL SCIENTISTS ON PNM'S 7TH YEAR IN OFFICE- UNDER-PERFORMING AND DISCONNECTED FROM THE CITIZENRY.

As the People’s National Movement (PNM) gets set to celebrate its seventh year in office, three political scientists have rendered a detailed analysis that is harsh and unforgiving, as they assessed what they believe to be non-performance by the Government.

In rating the PNM’s performance in the last year, Dr Shane Mohammed and Dr Bishnu Ragoonath found that the ruling party had failed to deliver to the population, and as a result had no choice but to give them a rating of five and six respectively.

Although Winford James was also critical of the PNM’s performance, he declined to rate the party’s achievements.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/as-pnm-cele ... c561acf819

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 6:52 am

In before red government ppl say them is UNC ppl :S

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 9th, 2022, 7:54 am

PNM is just F* sheit. and the knuckle draggers just keep voting them in...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 9th, 2022, 7:58 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Now we know,!!IMG-20220807-WA0025.jpgIMG-20220807-WA0026.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: buss she own files.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 9th, 2022, 8:40 am

hover11 wrote:In before red government ppl say them is UNC ppl :S

IIRC Shane Mohammed ran for positions in UNC internals

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 8:46 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

To be fair, on past occasions, he has also criticized the UNC administration as well, however, we have to address the elephant in the room which is what he spoke is fact. Rowley is disconnected from the citizens and underperforming.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 9th, 2022, 8:48 am

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

Tbh he has also criticized the UNC administration as well

He would have to or else his status as a Political Scientist would be questioned.

This be the Dr Shane Mohammed I am thinking off
Capture.JPG

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » August 9th, 2022, 10:09 am

sMASH wrote:PNM is just F* sheit. and the knuckle draggers just keep voting them in...
Shitty opposition can't beat man getting rated 0/10. How shitty can this opposition really be?
Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 10:12 am

mero wrote:
sMASH wrote:PNM is just F* sheit. and the knuckle draggers just keep voting them in...
Shitty opposition can't beat man getting rated 0/10. How shitty can this opposition really be?
Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol
Study the opposition and don't study that people fed up of your leader. They are disenfranchised because big man thing he doing rel sheit. Keith just buying he time atm because trust and believe just as how they lost Tobago so too shall they lose Trinidad

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » August 9th, 2022, 10:28 am

That would mean having a functional Opposition not so cacahole? Tell us about the opposition and the grounds they covering and internal issues they working on to at least look like a viable option. What de mc they doing? At least make it look appetising for swing voters

And Tobago ppl stood up, came together for something and made the difference and voted PDP who..... put in the work.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » August 9th, 2022, 12:44 pm

I think the government will do well if they could somehow light up the imagination of the population with some kinda visionary project or policy whatever it is. Even if it’s just to change the daily discussion.

The sky has not fallen in difficult macroeconomic times post pandemic but people become bored and frustrated living in a coping environment for this long. Yea the opening up of the entertainment sector has helped somewhat to let some of the inclined population to breathe a bit but it’s not enough

The general mood of the population is kinda sour, no other way to put it. We have always been cynical of governments current and past that is not a now phenomenon

I ain’t buying the crime situation as a major contributor, crime has been part of our social fabric for the last 30 years.

This government mantra is slow and steady but in a rapidly changing global environment it’s probably not enough as are all exposed to the rapid and revolutionary. However, as the trust and goodwill whittles away their saving grace is that the trust of the swing voter of the political opposition is even more fragile

Interesting times ahead

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 9th, 2022, 12:52 pm

greggle71 wrote:I think the government will do well if they could somehow light up the imagination of the population with some kinda visionary project or policy whatever it is. Even if it’s just to change the daily discussion.

The sky has not fallen in difficult macroeconomic times post pandemic but people become bored and frustrated living in a coping environment for this long. Yea the opening up of the entertainment sector has helped somewhat to let some of the inclined population to breathe a bit but it’s not enough

The general mood of the population is kinda sour, no other way to put it. We have always been cynical of governments current and past that is not a now phenomenon

I ain’t buying the crime situation as a major contributor, crime has been part of our social fabric for the last 30 years.

This government mantra is slow and steady but in a rapidly changing global environment it’s probably not enough as are all exposed to the rapid and revolutionary. However, as the trust and goodwill whittles away their saving grace is that the trust of the swing voter of the political opposition is even more fragile

Interesting times ahead
Interesting perspective however, this administration had more than enough time. Eight years and we are into their second term yet I cannot fathom or conceptualize one single achievement that they have done that will entice me or at least second guess to give them my vote. Absolutely nothing. The economy has been on autopilot since 2015 , little to no policies or government intervention. Then they come across as punishing the working class the unions not on their side, majority of workers are not enticed by their recent stance. Overall ppl have had it with the PNM they have produced nothing but excuses for their tenure, I believe the powers that be are aware of such , local government elections shall be a pre cursor of what is to come in 2025.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”