Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby De Dragon » May 5th, 2021, 7:59 am

sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:I see they are establishing an army base in La Romaine to service the southern areas of the country. Good move, our army bases are too concentrated in one area.

If you taking about the Army post on the M2 ring road thats been there for years .

But all they do is eat and sleep there

Nah this was to establish base for 700 soldiers with buildings and other infrastructure.

they sending MORE assets to that base, the intention is to patrol the coast. u still have to drive for an hour to reach pt fortin or quinam. that make no sense.

The reports in the news made it seem like it was a new facility to be built.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 5th, 2021, 8:07 am

De Dragon wrote:
sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:I see they are establishing an army base in La Romaine to service the southern areas of the country. Good move, our army bases are too concentrated in one area.

If you taking about the Army post on the M2 ring road thats been there for years .

But all they do is eat and sleep there

Nah this was to establish base for 700 soldiers with buildings and other infrastructure.

they sending MORE assets to that base, the intention is to patrol the coast. u still have to drive for an hour to reach pt fortin or quinam. that make no sense.

The reports in the news made it seem like it was a new facility to be built.

they dont know the base there over a decade now... yeah. if not two decades.
long time we used to walk down to the flood gate in the godineau river to catch fish and crab, then the land got leased to some oil company, same time they started the base around there. and the access taska road got demolished.

the base quite large, and its bounding the m2 ring road. when u come from the bypass, then turn into la romain at paria suites, just after paria suites u make a right to enter onto the m2 ring road, and just after the first bend, its there on the right. not even 20 secs after paria suites.

but just as zoom says..... its serves not real world purpose. except as a southern military depot, and from there there they can redistribute the supplies to the south west.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 5th, 2021, 8:09 am

But the M2 base is minutes away from La Romaine.... And it have land by the mile

Also they probably want more coverage on the road access to the coast line?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 5th, 2021, 8:32 am

Redman wrote:But the M2 base is minutes away from La Romaine.... And it have land by the mile

Does not matter if they are not put to proper use rather than eat and sleep.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: PNM in Gov't

Postby sMASH » May 5th, 2021, 11:37 am

PNM endgame : poor hungry and dotish. Begg them for shdnouts or feed the financiers in the prison system.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1163875310743857

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 5th, 2021, 11:43 am

It's only three roads very near by that they could cover that way, All closer to gulf city than the south coast. And it have a multitude od routes to leave most any poinys along the south coast to move any direction.
They need to be stationed on the coast itself by the major roadways from the beach into the road network. Like 10 or even 20 campsites. When they get a call to a landing site, they can move and be there in 15 minutes.

To love out from LA Romain base u taking about an hour to resch anywhere. If they take less time, they will mash up more vehicles in thsoe attempts.

Hopefully they really meant it as the south hub, and not actually the station for them men.
Redman wrote:But the M2 base is minutes away from La Romaine.... And it have land by the mile

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 10th, 2021, 10:30 am

The March warning
by Martin Daly

The working week began with a shock, as a result of which we must ask the Minister of Health for truthful answers.

The Prime Minister hosted a news conference on Monday last, in which he announced increased lockdowns. At that event, our trusted Chief Medical Officer, Dr Roshan Parasram, disclosed that he had drawn attention to “the worrying trend of climbing Covid-19-positive numbers since early March”. He did so after more ministerial lectures about our personal responsibility not to contribute to the further spread of the Covid-19 virus by “gathering”.

In passing, I wondered again about gatherings put on by those within the Government’s close political circles, which might contribute to spread. My curiosity grew when Dr Parasram also disclosed that “the contact tracers say that a lot of contacts are coming from private gatherings”. I had raised a red flag last Sunday about condonation of “society” events held contrary to ministerial and other exhortations.

The Monday news conference began with Dr Avery Hinds, our equally trusted Chief Epidemiologist, presenting graphs to show that we are currently experiencing the highest number of Covid infections since August/September 2020 (election time). Dr Maryam Abdool-Richards, Principal Medical Officer—Institutions, followed to warn us that the capacity of the parallel healthcare system could reach collapse in days.

These presentations were the prelude for the PM’s stern alarm about our now perilous situation regarding virus spread. Many of us were not shocked at how perilous the situation had become because we were aware of the “gathering” big time, as well as some of the madness that Easter would bring. The Government stood aside when it knew or ought to have known what an unrestricted Easter would bring.

Over 50,000 persons travelled between Trinidad and Tobago in the week leading up to the long Easter holiday weekend, according to Minister Rohan Sinanan, who was proud of the smooth operation of the air and sea bridges. He congratulated the persons responsible for “a fantastic job” in moving that number of people smoothly “even though we are in a pandemic”.

Reference to this is not intended to fault lovely Tobago or Tobagonians. It simply further demonstrates officials blowing hot and cold about “gathering”, yet blaming those who were infected by the “free-up-for-Easter” atmosphere. The shock was not from the foreseeable Easter fallout. It was Dr Parasram’s disclosure, expressed in the words of the next three paragraphs, that shocked me. Added to that, on Friday last, the PM acknowledged “the laxness starting in mid-March”.

“If you recall, I had said in the early part of March that we noticed a considerable increase. People at the time thought that it was too small. I thought that it was enough to cause a significant increase in terms of a snowball-type effect.

“If it started in early March, just because we were going into a season—as you know, Easter was coming up—there was a period where we expected an increased number of people coming together.

“When you take this kind of increase it goes on top the next, so you double, then you go into a quadruple very fast. If you think about a snowball, the effect is exactly like a snowball. You start small and, very quickly, you go to two, to four, to six, to eight and then to 16, and that is what we are seeing in the graphs that Dr Hinds would have presented”.

Who were “the people who thought the increase was too small”? Minister of Health, was that you? Were there political considerations requiring stimulation of the Tobago domestic tourism economy in light of the six-six Tobago electoral tie?

Those who cast aside Dr Parasram’s early March observation would be boldfaced to reprimand ordinary citizens without shouldering their own responsibility for what appears to be a horrible but foreseeable Easter outcome, given Dr Parasram’s warning and other pointers about rapid spread likely to come out of the Easter weekend.

Is it now clear that the increased lockdowns, not imposed earlier following the March warning, are fatally late; and the persistent, but now abandoned, attempted denials of the South American variant slipping through porous borders were deceiving?

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... 2046c.html

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 10th, 2021, 10:42 am

In B4 Dotishx7 comes with his "Martin Daly is an opinion columnist" bullsheit. :roll:

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 10th, 2021, 11:26 am

lolz
it's still a good day, dey kill another useless Laventille resident, one less PNM is a good a day as it gets in these timing.
Unfortunately the day before there was a shootout between these good boys and d police and none were eliminated. as usual the criminal supporting community of laventille, beetham, sea lots, maloney and all these PNM strongholds would have seen nothing to assist the police in their termination.
Man i wish for the day the police just randomly opens fire in these areas when the hooligans fire at them let paul pay for all until these communities completely sanitised and tax paying citizens can roam free in them and reside, heck make it East Moorings.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 10th, 2021, 11:44 am

Too little poetic justice

Raffique Shah

May 8, 2021

THERE are times when I feel ashamed of being Trinidadian. On such occasions, I feel almost like a traitor, having to admit that some of my countrymen are bringing shame and disgrace to our otherwise proud nation.

As the Covid-19 numbers exploded last week from single-digit in­creases to 300-plus daily confirmed cases, hospital beds were occupied at dizzying rates while deaths rose from modest to uncomfortable levels, I felt personally defeated.

What compounded my mix of emotions was the fact that it didn’t have to come to this. We were almost home dry, as some would say, when the walls of Jericho came crashing around us, thanks to the must-hug, must-kiss clowns among us.

To those who took us there, who by their gross irresponsibility in their daily lives, their reckless disregard for the lives of others, I ask, how can you live with your conscience, if you have one, knowing the suffering, the pain, the grief you have inflicted on other human beings?

Let’s be realistic here: you are no different to the gun-wielding bandits who rob hard-working citi­zens of their possessions. You are guilty of murder of one degree or other, by casually infecting others with the deadly virus, leaving them to die like dogs, agony writ deep on their faces, the cold hands of death denying them the commonest element of life: oxygen.

As the crisis turned south, as we sought to blame Venezuelans for our dance with death, stories emerged of grandchildren, intent on having a good time, often with money directly or indirectly bestowed on them by the very doting grandpas and grandmas whose lives they were about to terminate.

One young man, I was told, kept the rum shop his grandparents had funded open throughout the pandemic, which became the source of the virus that stung members of his household and others in the community who patronised the bar. Nani, nana, aunty, bhai, bhowgie—every man, woman and dog ending up sick, occupying expensive hospital beds.

I watched with anger seething in my system as journalists interviewed those who swarmed the beaches and other recreational facilities on Easter weekend, their senses seemingly in stupor, numbed by alcohol or sea breeze, or maybe both, as they ignored Covid regulations, morosely muttering, “We having a good time.”

When Government imposed the second “lockdown” and banned the sale of foods at posh restaurants and wayside vendors to prevent patrons from congregating around them, I could not believe what I saw: thousands of hungry Trinis congregating at every corner, intent on eating every morsel of crap food they could stuff into their mouths.

In other words, those fools were celebrating the prohibition of congregating with massive congregations!

Stupid me, I asked myself: don’t these people cook food in their homes? Clearly, they do not know how easily someone with basic culinary skills can whip up sada roti and tasty-if-not-nutritious “fried aloo” sandwiches that Indian schoolchildren of my gene­ration kept in our pants pockets as lunch daily, and I mean daily, because it was literally fast food before that label was applied to today’s expensive downgrades that are all people seem to eat.

In our day, for variety, we often exchanged lunch with our Afro friends for their hops-and-cheese sandwiches. Or sometimes, we enjoyed a delicious fried-­plantain-in-sada treat that we similarly shared. Obviously, today’s children know nothing of such grassroots foods.

But I digress: I have more fire to direct at the irresponsible clowns in our midst who, driven by their selfish desires, overcome by their weaknesses, put us all in danger from the deadly virus. These excu­ses for human beings cannot even endure confinement to their homes for the greater good of their country.

I feel compelled to ask: what would they do if ever they were called upon to take up arms to defend the nation against some foreign invader? I can only speculate that they would run and hide and cry long tears, cowards that they are.

And, please, you apologists for citizens by birth or boat who have neither the conviction nor the character to lay claim to patri­otism, don’t add insult to injury by telling me about man being a social animal who must fraternise, must be close to other human beings for their survival. Hogwash.

Better you tell me they must be inebriated, they must lose their inhibitions through consumption or inhalation of mind-altering substances before they can be men.

My only consolation as I see my country face some very turbulent times that we need not have done, had there been real men in our ranks, is that some of these open-the-borders, free-up-the rum-shops, leh-we-hug-and-wine-away-Covid types in this phase of the pandemic, some of them, but all too few, are coming face-to-cowardly-face with a phenomenon called poetic justice...retribution for their actions that dumped us in this mess.

Sadly, poetic injustices abound: too many innocent people are suffering for the sins of the cowards.
https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... 888b3.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 10th, 2021, 12:01 pm

The_Honourable wrote:The March warning
by Martin Daly

The working week began with a shock, as a result of which we must ask the Minister of Health for truthful answers.

The Prime Minister hosted a news conference on Monday last, in which he announced increased lockdowns. At that event, our trusted Chief Medical Officer, Dr Roshan Parasram, disclosed that he had drawn attention to “the worrying trend of climbing Covid-19-positive numbers since early March”. He did so after more ministerial lectures about our personal responsibility not to contribute to the further spread of the Covid-19 virus by “gathering”.

In passing, I wondered again about gatherings put on by those within the Government’s close political circles, which might contribute to spread. My curiosity grew when Dr Parasram also disclosed that “the contact tracers say that a lot of contacts are coming from private gatherings”. I had raised a red flag last Sunday about condonation of “society” events held contrary to ministerial and other exhortations.

The Monday news conference began with Dr Avery Hinds, our equally trusted Chief Epidemiologist, presenting graphs to show that we are currently experiencing the highest number of Covid infections since August/September 2020 (election time). Dr Maryam Abdool-Richards, Principal Medical Officer—Institutions, followed to warn us that the capacity of the parallel healthcare system could reach collapse in days.

These presentations were the prelude for the PM’s stern alarm about our now perilous situation regarding virus spread. Many of us were not shocked at how perilous the situation had become because we were aware of the “gathering” big time, as well as some of the madness that Easter would bring. The Government stood aside when it knew or ought to have known what an unrestricted Easter would bring.

Over 50,000 persons travelled between Trinidad and Tobago in the week leading up to the long Easter holiday weekend, according to Minister Rohan Sinanan, who was proud of the smooth operation of the air and sea bridges. He congratulated the persons responsible for “a fantastic job” in moving that number of people smoothly “even though we are in a pandemic”.

Reference to this is not intended to fault lovely Tobago or Tobagonians. It simply further demonstrates officials blowing hot and cold about “gathering”, yet blaming those who were infected by the “free-up-for-Easter” atmosphere. The shock was not from the foreseeable Easter fallout. It was Dr Parasram’s disclosure, expressed in the words of the next three paragraphs, that shocked me. Added to that, on Friday last, the PM acknowledged “the laxness starting in mid-March”.

“If you recall, I had said in the early part of March that we noticed a considerable increase. People at the time thought that it was too small. I thought that it was enough to cause a significant increase in terms of a snowball-type effect.

“If it started in early March, just because we were going into a season—as you know, Easter was coming up—there was a period where we expected an increased number of people coming together.

“When you take this kind of increase it goes on top the next, so you double, then you go into a quadruple very fast. If you think about a snowball, the effect is exactly like a snowball. You start small and, very quickly, you go to two, to four, to six, to eight and then to 16, and that is what we are seeing in the graphs that Dr Hinds would have presented”.

Who were “the people who thought the increase was too small”? Minister of Health, was that you? Were there political considerations requiring stimulation of the Tobago domestic tourism economy in light of the six-six Tobago electoral tie?

Those who cast aside Dr Parasram’s early March observation would be boldfaced to reprimand ordinary citizens without shouldering their own responsibility for what appears to be a horrible but foreseeable Easter outcome, given Dr Parasram’s warning and other pointers about rapid spread likely to come out of the Easter weekend.

Is it now clear that the increased lockdowns, not imposed earlier following the March warning, are fatally late; and the persistent, but now abandoned, attempted denials of the South American variant slipping through porous borders were deceiving?

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... 2046c.html
P¤rnhabit 7, Redman , elec2020 , Elitetuntun and tuner fake rass will all say Martin against the red government

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 10th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Habit7 wrote:Too little poetic justice

Raffique Shah

May 8, 2021

THERE are times when I feel ashamed of being Trinidadian. On such occasions, I feel almost like a traitor, having to admit that some of my countrymen are bringing shame and disgrace to our otherwise proud nation.

As the Covid-19 numbers exploded last week from single-digit in­creases to 300-plus daily confirmed cases, hospital beds were occupied at dizzying rates while deaths rose from modest to uncomfortable levels, I felt personally defeated.

What compounded my mix of emotions was the fact that it didn’t have to come to this. We were almost home dry, as some would say, when the walls of Jericho came crashing around us, thanks to the must-hug, must-kiss clowns among us.

To those who took us there, who by their gross irresponsibility in their daily lives, their reckless disregard for the lives of others, I ask, how can you live with your conscience, if you have one, knowing the suffering, the pain, the grief you have inflicted on other human beings?

Let’s be realistic here: you are no different to the gun-wielding bandits who rob hard-working citi­zens of their possessions. You are guilty of murder of one degree or other, by casually infecting others with the deadly virus, leaving them to die like dogs, agony writ deep on their faces, the cold hands of death denying them the commonest element of life: oxygen.

As the crisis turned south, as we sought to blame Venezuelans for our dance with death, stories emerged of grandchildren, intent on having a good time, often with money directly or indirectly bestowed on them by the very doting grandpas and grandmas whose lives they were about to terminate.

One young man, I was told, kept the rum shop his grandparents had funded open throughout the pandemic, which became the source of the virus that stung members of his household and others in the community who patronised the bar. Nani, nana, aunty, bhai, bhowgie—every man, woman and dog ending up sick, occupying expensive hospital beds.

I watched with anger seething in my system as journalists interviewed those who swarmed the beaches and other recreational facilities on Easter weekend, their senses seemingly in stupor, numbed by alcohol or sea breeze, or maybe both, as they ignored Covid regulations, morosely muttering, “We having a good time.”

When Government imposed the second “lockdown” and banned the sale of foods at posh restaurants and wayside vendors to prevent patrons from congregating around them, I could not believe what I saw: thousands of hungry Trinis congregating at every corner, intent on eating every morsel of crap food they could stuff into their mouths.

In other words, those fools were celebrating the prohibition of congregating with massive congregations!

Stupid me, I asked myself: don’t these people cook food in their homes? Clearly, they do not know how easily someone with basic culinary skills can whip up sada roti and tasty-if-not-nutritious “fried aloo” sandwiches that Indian schoolchildren of my gene­ration kept in our pants pockets as lunch daily, and I mean daily, because it was literally fast food before that label was applied to today’s expensive downgrades that are all people seem to eat.

In our day, for variety, we often exchanged lunch with our Afro friends for their hops-and-cheese sandwiches. Or sometimes, we enjoyed a delicious fried-­plantain-in-sada treat that we similarly shared. Obviously, today’s children know nothing of such grassroots foods.

But I digress: I have more fire to direct at the irresponsible clowns in our midst who, driven by their selfish desires, overcome by their weaknesses, put us all in danger from the deadly virus. These excu­ses for human beings cannot even endure confinement to their homes for the greater good of their country.

I feel compelled to ask: what would they do if ever they were called upon to take up arms to defend the nation against some foreign invader? I can only speculate that they would run and hide and cry long tears, cowards that they are.

And, please, you apologists for citizens by birth or boat who have neither the conviction nor the character to lay claim to patri­otism, don’t add insult to injury by telling me about man being a social animal who must fraternise, must be close to other human beings for their survival. Hogwash.

Better you tell me they must be inebriated, they must lose their inhibitions through consumption or inhalation of mind-altering substances before they can be men.

My only consolation as I see my country face some very turbulent times that we need not have done, had there been real men in our ranks, is that some of these open-the-borders, free-up-the rum-shops, leh-we-hug-and-wine-away-Covid types in this phase of the pandemic, some of them, but all too few, are coming face-to-cowardly-face with a phenomenon called poetic justice...retribution for their actions that dumped us in this mess.

Sadly, poetic injustices abound: too many innocent people are suffering for the sins of the cowards.
https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... 888b3.html
His opinion still does not change the fact that the red government failed in every step in dealing with covid.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 10th, 2021, 12:04 pm

Sunlight and Puncheon Zoombindranath.....yuh half way there.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 10th, 2021, 12:29 pm

you so easily triggered
lol

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 10th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Zoom just having fun.

He is a cool soldier.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 10th, 2021, 3:21 pm

Tuner Friends,

What you all think of this?

https://www3.cnc3.co.tt/imbert-consider ... ut-abroad/

Imbert considering grant for persons locked out abroad
By CNC3 Editor -May 10, 2021

Finance Minister Colm Imbert said he will give consideration to establishing a grant to citizens locked out abroad. He however said he could not give any guarantee that this will come to fruition. Imbert made the statement during a Ministry of Finance press conference today. Earlier in the press conference, he said that the government spent close to $5 billion in relief grants on citizens for COVID-19, however, he said “We cannot do this again.”

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 10th, 2021, 6:20 pm

So he's literally promising something he doesn't know if he can deliver?

What about the folks here?
Why now?

Still glad folks are getting help.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » May 10th, 2021, 11:43 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Tuner Friends,

What you all think of this?

https://www3.cnc3.co.tt/imbert-consider ... ut-abroad/

Imbert considering grant for persons locked out abroad
By CNC3 Editor -May 10, 2021

Finance Minister Colm Imbert said he will give consideration to establishing a grant to citizens locked out abroad. He however said he could not give any guarantee that this will come to fruition. Imbert made the statement during a Ministry of Finance press conference today. Earlier in the press conference, he said that the government spent close to $5 billion in relief grants on citizens for COVID-19, however, he said “We cannot do this again.”

lock out our own citizens

and had their social media and radio rats howling

"wel who tel dem tuh travel eeh ?"

but mother trinidad held down

and spread wide open for maduro and the CCP

and now ?

alyou alyou look look ! we mean well ! We love you ! :mrgreen:

:fist:

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 11th, 2021, 5:55 am

It's just another way to raid the treasury. Then you would hear how much was spent but you'd never know how

much was actually spent. All the time they were saying all who wanted to come was already here and th st the

opposition was just making bacchanal. Next thing the PNM abroad members getting grants and people who

living in foreign liking themselves. That grant won't solve anything, what's next ? The money will run out. Why

not spend it on repatriation flights and quarantine and bring them home?
Last edited by sam1978 on May 11th, 2021, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » May 11th, 2021, 6:00 am

Buying votes I see.

Also, interesting that system got pulled back from collapse.

Almost like they playing around with the numbers

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 11th, 2021, 2:56 pm

Amazing how the mods cleaned up this morning post about the red rainbow crew.

In the past the rantings and abuse of the yellow rainbow was very much allowed and encouraged .

Finally a presidence has be set , tuner is now waking up to the double standards set when it affects the red side.

I will be monitoring the mods very closely with their double standards or when it affects them.

Carry on.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » May 11th, 2021, 3:02 pm

watch meh, d finance minister said that the govt going to purchase 1.5 million doses for 1.4 million locals so just now everyman will get a vaccine and life back to normal. great is the PNM, Great is uncle colm.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 11th, 2021, 3:21 pm

zoom rader wrote:Amazing how the mods cleaned up this morning post about the red rainbow crew.

In the past the rantings and abuse of the yellow rainbow was very much allowed and encouraged .

Finally a presidence has be set , tuner is now waking up to the double standards set when it affects the red side.

I will be monitoring the mods very closely with their double standards or when it affects them.

Carry on.

Nuttin get past you Zoombindranath....yuh take yuh gazool duh the day?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 11th, 2021, 3:24 pm

Redman wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Amazing how the mods cleaned up this morning post about the red rainbow crew.

Carry on.

It's the double standards that needs to be exposed .

Dem mods already send me preaction protocol letters already bro.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 11th, 2021, 3:26 pm

What they do?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » May 11th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Like them rainbow comments hit home for somebody here on 2nr yes. Bunch of sickos.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 11th, 2021, 4:18 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:

Carry on.

It's the double standards that needs to be exposed .

Dem mods already send me preaction protocol letters already bro.

Pics of PPR...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 11th, 2021, 4:38 pm

D maths
Attachments
IMG-20210511-WA0110.jpg

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 11th, 2021, 5:17 pm

IDK why you all love to listen to ppl who constantly get it wrong:

Following is a breakdown of relief support expended to date:

1. Ministry of Social Development and Family Services: Amount spent - $98.1m; projected total - $400m

Support provided - Food cards, cash support cards, food and income support for retrenched persons, rental assistance, food vouchers and hampers, support to old age pension, disability and public assistance applicants who are not yet in receipt of the benefits.

2. Office of the Prime Minister: Amount spent - $10m; projected expenditure - $30m

Funding to religious organizations to provide food for the poor and needy through their normal distribution programmes.

3. Ministry of Agriculture: Amount spent - $1.3m; projected expenditure - $10.7m

Provision of fresh produce to those in need.

4. Ministry of National Security: Amount spent - $3.7m; projected expenditure - $8.3m

Additional expenditure for its various divisions.

5. Ministry of Health: Amount spent - $55m; projected expenditure $137m + provisional $250m

Funding for resources in mitigating spread of COVID-19, and for contingency spending in anticipation of a worsening of the country’s infection status.

6. Ministry of Finance:

(i). Salary Relief Grants: Amount spent - $12m; projected expenditure - $490m

Salary support to persons under the National Insurance Scheme who have been retrenched or in receipt of reduced income as a direct result of COVID-19 measures implemented by the Government.

(ii). Credit Unions: projected expenditure - $100m

Low interest loan support to the membership of 20 credit unions.

(iii). VAT refunds: Amount spent - $700m; projected expenditure - $3.7b

(iv). Face masks: Projected expenditure - $5m

Face masks will be made available to the public free of charge.

(v). Caribbean Airline: Projected expenditure – US$65m (TTS442m)

Support to state-owned Caribbean Airlines, which has lost it income earning capacity due to the closing of the country’s borders.

7. Tobago

(i). Tobago Regional Health Authority: Amount allocated – S50m

Support for its response to COVID-19

(ii). Tobago House of Assembly: Amount allocated - $5m

To facilitate enterprise development

(iii). Hotel Upgrades: Amount allocated - $50m

(iv). SMEs funding: Amount to be provided - $300m

Support to the small and medium enterprises in the form of a loan programme where loans will be subsidised by the Government in addition to standing as guarantor.

8. Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government

(i). Sanitisation programmes: Amount spent - $3.4m; projected expenditure - $16m

(ii). Food support: Amount spent - $10m; projected expenditure - $30m

9. Trinidad and Tobago Police Service: Amount spent - $5.3m; projected expenditure - $15.3m

Funding for the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE).

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t ... cd1f6.html

PEA just compress of that and say Imbert said it was all for salary support. Verify allyuh quotes nah.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » May 13th, 2021, 2:06 am

Habit7 wrote:IDK why you all love to listen to ppl who constantly get it wrong:

Following is a breakdown of relief support expended to date:

1. Ministry of Social Development and Family Services: Amount spent - $98.1m; projected total - $400m

Support provided - Food cards, cash support cards, food and income support for retrenched persons, rental assistance, food vouchers and hampers, support to old age pension, disability and public assistance applicants who are not yet in receipt of the benefits.

2. Office of the Prime Minister: Amount spent - $10m; projected expenditure - $30m

Funding to religious organizations to provide food for the poor and needy through their normal distribution programmes.

3. Ministry of Agriculture: Amount spent - $1.3m; projected expenditure - $10.7m

Provision of fresh produce to those in need.

4. Ministry of National Security: Amount spent - $3.7m; projected expenditure - $8.3m

Additional expenditure for its various divisions.

5. Ministry of Health: Amount spent - $55m; projected expenditure $137m + provisional $250m

Funding for resources in mitigating spread of COVID-19, and for contingency spending in anticipation of a worsening of the country’s infection status.

6. Ministry of Finance:

(i). Salary Relief Grants: Amount spent - $12m; projected expenditure - $490m

Salary support to persons under the National Insurance Scheme who have been retrenched or in receipt of reduced income as a direct result of COVID-19 measures implemented by the Government.

(ii). Credit Unions: projected expenditure - $100m

Low interest loan support to the membership of 20 credit unions.

(iii). VAT refunds: Amount spent - $700m; projected expenditure - $3.7b

(iv). Face masks: Projected expenditure - $5m

Face masks will be made available to the public free of charge.

(v). Caribbean Airline: Projected expenditure – US$65m (TTS442m)

Support to state-owned Caribbean Airlines, which has lost it income earning capacity due to the closing of the country’s borders.

7. Tobago

(i). Tobago Regional Health Authority: Amount allocated – S50m

Support for its response to COVID-19

(ii). Tobago House of Assembly: Amount allocated - $5m

To facilitate enterprise development

(iii). Hotel Upgrades: Amount allocated - $50m

(iv). SMEs funding: Amount to be provided - $300m

Support to the small and medium enterprises in the form of a loan programme where loans will be subsidised by the Government in addition to standing as guarantor.

8. Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government

(i). Sanitisation programmes: Amount spent - $3.4m; projected expenditure - $16m

(ii). Food support: Amount spent - $10m; projected expenditure - $30m

9. Trinidad and Tobago Police Service: Amount spent - $5.3m; projected expenditure - $15.3m

Funding for the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE).

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t ... cd1f6.html

PEA just compress of that and say Imbert said it was all for salary support. Verify allyuh quotes nah.

Why is VAT returns falling under relief support? Surely it doesn't belong there as the government is obligated to pay it, pandemic or not. Therefore 3.7 billion out of the 5 billion (74%) had nothing to do with pandemic relief. Caribbean Airline is another huge red flag. How exactly is that pandemic relief?

Most of the measures in the breakdown, especially where the majority of money is being allocated, does not provide any relief to the average citizen during this extended pandemic period.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”