TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support a Shift System for all schools?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 30

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 4th, 2022, 11:49 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What is the purpose of reopening schools if you gonna make kids come physically for one week in an entire term?

Capture.JPG

My SiL is in SAGHS U6 and they have to attend for 5 days throughout the term but not scheduled as Hillview has above.

Anyone else knows if this is unique to the Presbyterian schools or other schools as well?

Last term NAPS and NGHS had one day per week

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 4th, 2022, 11:55 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:What is the purpose of reopening schools if you gonna make kids come physically for one week in an entire term?

Capture.JPG

My SiL is in SAGHS U6 and they have to attend for 5 days throughout the term but not scheduled as Hillview has above.

Anyone else knows if this is unique to the Presbyterian schools or other schools as well?

That works out to more than 5 days for a term though!!

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 24th, 2022, 6:31 pm

FB_IMG_1643063322242.jpg
FB_IMG_1643063324370.jpg
FB_IMG_1643063326590.jpg
FB_IMG_1643063328644.jpg
FB_IMG_1643063330761.jpg

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 24th, 2022, 6:47 pm

Just open back schools from From 1 to Form 6 and done with it. That making no sense with this staggered schedule for students.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

Postby hover11 » January 25th, 2022, 6:49 am

Fatima closes down physical classes this week

January 24, 2022

FLASHBACK - Fatima College students leave the Mucurapo Road, Port-of-Spain school’s compound after the first day of the reopening of school on October 4th..

Anna-Lisa Paul

All classes at Fatima College, Mucurapo will be conducted virtually for the remainder of this week after four students tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, forcing authorities to switch to the online modality to preserve the health of the school population.

Confirming the news yesterday, principal Fr Gregory Augustine said although the Form Five students had been quarantined, the move was taken out of an abundance of caution.

Augustine denied the school’s operations had been disrupted in any way and said this meant those in Forms Four to Six would now be logging in to class from home, as has been done in the past.

No members of staff have tested positive and Augustine assured, “Everybody has been vaccinated and everybody has been boosted.”

Unable to understand why the hype surrounding persons testing positive still continued two years later, the principal said 98 per cent of the school population was vaccinated.

“We are not overly worried as they have all been vaccinated, but this is what has been advised so we took the precautionary step,” he said.

Asked if anyone else was suspected to have contracted the virus, he added, “There were four boys…but we don’t doubt there may be more and that’s why we decided to go online for the rest of the week.”

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 25th, 2022, 7:34 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Capture.JPG

That works out to more than 5 days for a term though!!

Pres Sando is starting one day a week for forms 1-3.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » January 25th, 2022, 8:34 am

It's like they want to kill off the teachers

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 25th, 2022, 10:13 am

Most secondary schools seem to be scheduling forms 1 to 5 for one day per week and staggered

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 10:19 am

i dont see the point in opening schools at all if its just for that little amount of time

why have ALL the risk of exposing kids and teachers and families for just 4 or 5 days of school a month

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2022, 10:26 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i dont see the point in opening schools at all if its just for that little amount of time

why have ALL the risk of exposing kids and teachers and families for just 4 or 5 days of school a month

Transition strategy and monitoring for case growth, perhaps?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 25th, 2022, 10:32 am

Might be to late when they get the facts back from their study.
VexXx Dogg wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:i dont see the point in opening schools at all if its just for that little amount of time

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 10:33 am

people hadda go buy uniforms, shoes, organise transport
a lot of extra risk and cost for just a few days of physical school a month

and then when it have a outbreak and it will have a out break...they will close it down again

they shouldn't even be talking about opening physical schools unless most of the population is vaxxed

in my nephew standard 5 class last year about 7 children lost a parent right before SEA from covid complications.

this kind of risk from children mixing with each other (vaxxed AND unvaxxed as its allowed now) and then some of them sharing a transport to come home (a transport that most likely working PH or H during the day as most people get rid of their school buses in the last 2 years)

real unnecessary risk......

my nephew from aranguez and he passed for pres chag, if he has to go to school then his father hadda hire a transport to drop and pick him up

i tell them he wud stay by me and i wud drop and pick him up for the days he have school

real dont like that having to go in strangers cars that transporting alot of other people thing

nephew fully vaxxed with pfizer but he has a 9 year old brother who doesnt have any vax

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2022, 10:37 am

Dave wrote:Might be to late when they get the facts back from their study.
VexXx Dogg wrote:

It's more of a cautionary rollout strategy than a study. The alternative is hard cutover, from full online to full physical. I mean it makes sense from a systems-oriented perspective.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 25th, 2022, 10:41 am

Schools should be all or nothing.
What is going on now IMO is of no benefit to either students or teachers.
Either we comfortable with in class teaching or we not.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 10:41 am

hear na.....when you think about the logistics or dynamics of whatever word you want to use
this opening school partially makes absolutely NO sense

think of a regular house hold where both parents are working 8-4
in many cases either a babysitter or relative or older sibling or grandparent would normally watch the younger child and help them with their work

if you have 2 kids going to school most likely they going to have school different days
they getting exposure from transport (if a parent not dropping or picking them up)
they getting exposure in school from their friends
they getting exposure from the teachers and staff that mixing with other students and among themselves and whatever they do in their daily lives.

now when they reach home 230 or 3pm (before parent reach home)
then granny or older relative or whoever also exposed to whatever they get exposed to.....

lets just say we accept ALL that as a necessity of life.

it doesnt make sense for 5 days of school a month

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 10:42 am

i have some nieces going ghandi primary school in aranguez

their parents have to fork out about $600 to $700 to build a plexiglass partition to be mounted to their desk

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » January 25th, 2022, 11:14 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i have some nieces going ghandi primary school in aranguez

their parents have to fork out about $600 to $700 to build a plexiglass partition to be mounted to their desk

Is that for a partial or full-time return?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2022, 11:21 am

and then for recess they gonna be drinking from the same juice and sharing corn curls

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 11:22 am

i think standard 5 students have to go out from february to prepare for SEA 4 days a week

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 11:23 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

and then for recess they gonna be drinking from the same juice and sharing corn curls

lol yup

sharing pencils and erasers and rulers and each other sandwich and macaroni and egg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 25th, 2022, 11:27 am

Are they stopping them from interacting with each other at lunch time and recesses?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 11:30 am

i assume they will try to do that, when they go back to school i will let yuh know

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 25th, 2022, 11:37 am

Why not a blended approach -and scale into a policy of enabling those who want to do it online- while those who want or need f2f can get it.

How hard is it to set up the classroom to enable a student to log in and participate from home?

By the time these kids are done- they will be attending further education online any how.

Extra Lessons are already being done online-

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2022, 11:50 am

Redman wrote:Why not a blended approach -and scale into a policy of enabling those who want to do it online- while those who want or need f2f can get it.

How hard is it to set up the classroom to enable a student to log in and participate from home?

By the time these kids are done- they will be attending further education online any how.

that requires resources that some schools may not have

at a minimum u have to equip all classrooms with wifi, which is good enough for constant video streaming and the teacher has to setup their laptop in such a way to ensure online students see the board properly, or alternatively use a projector for in person students if using slides on the laptop. then u need multiple ones for every classroom u want it in. all equipment costs may have to be funded by the parents if MOH doh want or cant fund it. of course private schools would charge higher school fees for this.

the wifi has to have not just a high download speed but high upload so that students can see the teacher, multiply this by the number of classrooms.
even if this setup works it should only be temporary as students would miss the social aspect of school, and some poor students depend on the school feeding program as well.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 25th, 2022, 1:18 pm

I am hearing that the pupil that brought the covid into Fatima and triggered the outbreak is the son of a big big big big big big high ranking white man in society. He was somehow exempt from the covid classroom protocols.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » January 25th, 2022, 1:36 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:I am hearing that the pupil that brought the covid into Fatima and triggered the outbreak is the son of a big big big big big big high ranking white man in society. He was somehow exempt from the covid classroom protocols.

White is right.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 25th, 2022, 1:37 pm

Redman wrote:Why not a blended approach -and scale into a policy of enabling those who want to do it online- while those who want or need f2f can get it.

A teacher will find it very difficult or nearly impossible to handle both f2f and online students at once. You'll basically need an assistant in every classroom in addition to the teacher, which doubles the manpower for this activity.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:I am hearing that the pupil that brought the covid into Fatima and triggered the outbreak is the son of a big big big big big big high ranking white man in society. He was somehow exempt from the covid classroom protocols.

exempt or he just wasn't obeying protocols?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 25th, 2022, 2:18 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

A teacher will find it very difficult or nearly impossible to handle both f2f and online students at once. You'll basically need an assistant in every classroom in addition to the teacher, which doubles the manpower for this activity.

I think Habit7 posted a really great article in this thread that shows how it is a great option deserving of attention.

We need to get all the kids up to spec for the world as it will be when they graduate.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 25th, 2022, 2:24 pm

redmanjp wrote:

exempt or he just wasn't obeying protocols?

Protocols were not enforced.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”