TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Issues with reopening Schools in T&T , Vaccines for Children etc

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support a Shift System for all schools?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 30

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Shift system for schools from September

Postby Habit7 » August 10th, 2021, 10:16 am

matr1x wrote:
Habit7 wrote:I will be sending my children out to school and I hope they have it 5 days a week. It is more deleterious to children's social and academic development to have them go another year without in-person education, especially for younger children. We can't be saying vaccinate to operate and when ppl vaccinating, we are moving the goalpost to operate. Covid is here for at least the next decade, we have to confront it and live our lives with guidelines, not fear.

When your pnm ppl killing and raping, don't pretend to care about children social development

Do you mean that the institution PNM killing and raping, if then condolences that is happening to you.
Or by PNM you mean the pseudo-racist name for Afro-Trinbagonians?

Nevertheless, don't derail the thread with needless party politics, discuss policy. There are many other threads for that.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 10th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Habit7 wrote:I will be sending my children out to school and I hope they have it 5 days a week. It is more deleterious to children's social and academic development to have them go another year without in-person education, especially for younger children. We can't be saying vaccinate to operate and when ppl vaccinating, we are moving the goalpost to operate. Covid is here for at least the next decade, we have to confront it and live our lives with guidelines, not fear.

When your pnm ppl killing and raping, don't pretend to care about children social development

Do you mean that the institution PNM killing and raping, if then condolences that is happening to you.

Nevertheless, don't derail the thread with needless party politics, discuss policy. There are many other threads for that.

Another shift system will definitely result in more criminality in pnm areas

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 10th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:

Since allyuh want to drag it there, explain the logic.
2020 to now was one of the biggest drops in crime across the board we ever experience. Children haven't been to school since March 2020.

What is so magical about a shift system, which will make children more accountable for their whereabouts than online/package schooling, that will "result in more criminality in pnm areas"?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 10th, 2021, 3:26 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:

2020 to now was one of the biggest drops in crime across the board we ever experience. Children haven't been to school since March 2020.

What is so magical about a shift system, which will make children more accountable for their whereabouts than online/package schooling, that will "result in more criminality in pnm areas"?
Logic, 2020 was one of the lowest crime years because criminals not dumb enough to be antivax.Them fellas want to live.unless you own a long distance gun, you cant be a guntha and social distance at the same time.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » August 10th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Schools are jailhouses, both physically and mentally.
Why we are so anxious to return to this 200-year old prison-for-children model amazes me.
Especially after we have demonstrated that the alternative online schooling is a workable, even better solution.

There must be an option for those who would rather continue online.
Otherwise, 100% homeschooling.
I'm not alone on this.

You'll see gradually these idiots even abandoning Google classroom for homework management.
//steups.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 10th, 2021, 4:17 pm

timelapse wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:

Logic, 2020 was one of the lowest crime years because criminals not dumb enough to be antivax.Them fellas want to live.unless you own a long distance gun, you cant be a guntha and social distance at the same time.

I talking about the morning and afternoon juniors sec shift system. That has a lot to do with the level of criminality we see.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 10th, 2021, 5:21 pm

You know that the country on lockdown with curfews. It's an artificial decrease in crime.

That's like saying you didn't get pregnant because he came on your back

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 10th, 2021, 5:21 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:I talking about the morning and afternoon juniors sec shift system. That has a lot to do with the level of criminality we see.

Let me simplify it even more for you. What about the shift system (5hrs in school) is so special that will cause crime in PNM areas, that hasn't been causing crime in the last 18mths (0hrs in school)?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 10th, 2021, 5:23 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:I talking about the morning and afternoon juniors sec shift system. That has a lot to do with the level of criminality we see.

Let me simplify it even more for you. What about the shift system (5hrs in school) is so special that will cause crime in PNM areas, that hasn't been causing crime in the last 18mths (0hrs in school)?

You clearly too dimwitted to understand that the criminally inclined started before 18 months ago

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 10th, 2021, 5:26 pm

matr1x wrote:You know that the country on lockdown with curfews. It's an artificial decrease in crime.

That's like saying you didn't get pregnant because he came on your back

The curfew only came in May 2021 and the shift system would be part of the lockdown.

Therefore, if there is no curfew and no lockdown, there won't be any need for a shift system because the threat of the pandemic is over.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2021, 5:58 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:

You more than one Cont.

2020 crime drop ?

Carry on

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 10th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Habit7 wrote:

shift system is what developed red government criminals. It destroyed young people.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 10th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 12th, 2021, 3:00 pm

School vaccine rollout details to be given on Friday

Education Minister Nyan Gadsby-Dolly said the ministry would be in touch with principals and the public on Friday with details of the vaccine rollout for secondary school students aged 12 and over.

In a WhatsApp response to Newsday, Gadsby-Dolly said the ministry is happy that children in Trinidad and Tobago now join adults in having access to vaccines.

“We have been tracking the many countries that have been able to restart physical school, even in the presence of the delta variant, and a critical layer of protection has been the vaccination of children 12 and over, along with high rates of vaccine uptake in the adult population. We are happy that our children in TT now join the adults in having access to this opportunity.”

“The Ministry of Education is heartened by any measure of protection that can be offered to our children against covid19. Educational continuity is paramount, and though online teaching is the best arrangement that can be offered when physical school is not available, it is globally acknowledged that it cannot replace the face-to-face interaction that our young people so desperately need.”

Gadsby-Dolly made the statement after the arrival of 305,370 doses of the WHO-approved Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine donated by the US on Thursday.

The Prime Minister said on July 17 that should the US donate Pfizer vaccines, these would go first to the secondary school population.

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/08/12/school ... on-friday/

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 12th, 2021, 3:08 pm

Great. The good stuff reach in time for the freethinkers to start chanting "not in my chile".

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 12th, 2021, 3:09 pm

On the FB parents are going nuts over the prospect of sending their kids out for 2 days far less for 5 days like what I want.

Covid is not going to go away anytime soon, we need to send our children to school or be left behind by countries that are.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 12th, 2021, 3:22 pm

Habit7 wrote:On the FB parents are going nuts over the prospect of sending their kids out for 2 days far less for 5 days like what I want.

Covid is not going to go away anytime soon, we need to send our children to school or be left behind by countries that are.

My kids did very well in school since the lockdown.
I have kids at both primary and secondary levels.
Their schools really did a great job at online schooling and the syllabuses were completed.

I understand that not all schools, students and parents have the ability or the facility to make the best of this situation so I am for a hybrid system or let the schools individually decide the best approach.

Regardless, I will let my kids take the vaccines once they are available to them because the safety is not just for school but for extracurricular and life on the whole.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 12th, 2021, 3:59 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Habit7 wrote:On the FB parents are going nuts over the prospect of sending their kids out for 2 days far less for 5 days like what I want.

Their schools really did a great job at online schooling and the syllabuses were completed.

I understand that not all schools, students and parents have the ability or the facility to make the best of this situation so I am for a hybrid system or let the schools individually decide the best approach.

Regardless, I will let my kids take the vaccines once they are available to them because the safety is not just for school but for extracurricular and life on the whole.

I have a daughter in primary school and she is missing the social aspect of school which is very important. That was very formative for us today and we are depriving our children of it. Plus there is a class divide where middle and upper classes can afford supervision for their children at home but lower classes can't.

I fully support vaccinating parents, teachers and maybe teens, but we need to return to some sense of normalcy.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 12th, 2021, 4:24 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I have a daughter in primary school and she is missing the social aspect of school which is very important. That was very formative for us today and we are depriving our children of it. Plus there is a class divide where middle and upper classes can afford supervision for their children at home but lower classes can't.

I fully support vaccinating parents, teachers and maybe teens, but we need to return to some sense of normalcy.

i would not give my teenage daughter any covid vaccine. let she learn online and away from perverted little boys and perverted old men. people dutty outside there.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 12th, 2021, 4:33 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
habit7 wrote:I fully support vaccinating parents, teachers and maybe teens, but we need to return to some sense of normalcy.

i would not give my teenage daughter any covid vaccine. let she learn online and away from perverted little boys and perverted old men. people dutty outside there.

Sure, because she is safe online https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/t ... 89d0b.html

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 12th, 2021, 5:51 pm

^ the Delta variant is going to dictate how this goes.

The virus does not care about civil rights and liberties and certainly not about what who is missing out on.
This is all an exercise of risk assessment and management.

So each will have to assess the risk involved and move accordingly.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 12th, 2021, 6:48 pm

mask mandates in schools becoming an issue again in the US

I'll say it again: The virus does not care about civil rights and liberties.
If you have to wear a mask, social distance, get a vaccine etc then that's what you have to do.
There is no freedom of choice here any more than you have the freedom to choose to jump out of a plane without a parachute and hope gravity understands that you have rights.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 12th, 2021, 7:24 pm

Schools opening full 5 days a week from September 6th, the recent Pfizer donation of 305K doses by the US is the basis for this decision since it gives children ages 12 and over an opportunity to get vaccinated. Delta and all variants are of no concern once you are vaccinated.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 12th, 2021, 7:30 pm

If teachers don't agree to that how you getting five days of physical classes ?
DMan7 wrote:Schools opening full 5 days a week from September 6th, the recent Pfizer donation of 305K doses by the US is the basis for this decision since it gives children ages 12 and over an opportunity to get vaccinated. Delta and all variants are of no concern once you are vaccinated.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 12th, 2021, 7:35 pm

hover11 wrote:If teachers don't agree to that how you getting five days of physical classes ?
DMan7 wrote:Schools opening full 5 days a week from September 6th, the recent Pfizer donation of 305K doses by the US is the basis for this decision since it gives children ages 12 and over an opportunity to get vaccinated. Delta and all variants are of no concern once you are vaccinated.

Vaccines are available now and teachers have access to them and should've gotten vaccinated already or should be doing so very soon. Either way all this is already in motion and is going to happen. Wait for the PM's conference on Saturday.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 12th, 2021, 7:48 pm

I have interfaced with quite a few homeschooled students. My opinion agrees with the research, they tend to be more mature, more rounded and are definitely better test takers.

But of course that could also be an indictment of the qualties of the parent that refuses to consider homeschooling as an option.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 12th, 2021, 7:48 pm

The basis for whose decision?
How can all students possibly be fully vaccinated by September 6th?
It will take a while to give the first shot and then wait 3 or more weeks for the second shot.
Your maths not mathsing.

There will also be an even bigger hesitancy wall as already sceptical people will be even more sceptical of having their children take the vaccine.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 12th, 2021, 7:52 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

You probably need to be running down Gardisil 9 instead of Pfizer for her. HPV will definitely be a problem.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 12th, 2021, 7:56 pm

adnj wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

You probably need to be running down Gardisil 9 instead of Pfizer for her. HPV will definitely be a problem.

LOL

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 12th, 2021, 8:07 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

The basis for whose decision?
How can all students possibly be fully vaccinated by September 6th?
It will take a while to give the first shot and then wait 3 or more weeks for the second shot.
Your maths not mathsing.

There will also be an even bigger hesitancy wall as already sceptical people will be even more sceptical of having their children take the vaccine.

The decision to bring students back out to school on September 06th was made before we got that donation of 305K doses of Pfizer since we had no idea we were actually getting them at least not in August. So if the decision was made to bring students back out for 2 days a week without knowing when Pfizer would be available to students, what decision you think is now possible that Pfizer is available for students to take?

Alot of students can get vaccinated by September 06th and if not the remaining ones can get vaccinated during school days with permission to be absent to get it and return to school the next day. Aren't regular working adults working jobs right now in the same situation with regards to getting vaccinated.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”