this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: UNREST IN PORT OF SPAIN

Postby elec2020 » July 10th, 2020, 12:06 pm

MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/uwi-student-arrested-during-2018-protest-cleared/article_56ae649a-c24d-11ea-8e73-27a69d0c7b5f.html

That is why police cant be judge, jury and executioner... all suspects are not guilty... the court case against the university students were dropped... thats why everyone has a right of innocence until proven guilty... shame on people who applaud police for taking the law into their own hands... now if they shot and killed these kids because they were 'resisting arrest'... they would have never had a chance to prove their innocence
No you don't understand the play

Those UWI students were PNM activist and represented by a PNM lawyer.

Anyone resisting arrest should be shot regardless of age.

But Max the charges were dropped... this means that the students were essentially found not guilty of resisting arrest... u cant have police as judge, jury and executioner as sometimes these charges are trumped up lies... as proven here... the article claims the DPP was ducking the hearings (12 in all) till the judge drop all charges... they had no case... but made out the students as defiant and unruly... if that was the case why they couldnt prove it in court... we have legal systems for a reason... if u caught in the act of robbing and get shot... oh well u look for that... but cases like these demonstrate u cant have a shoot all suspects mentality as police may be lieing

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 10th, 2020, 12:08 pm

elec2020 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Hmmm.... fair enough... as a regular joe public it is hard to know what really goes on in the country... but experience shows that nothing really happens just so in tnt... i could be misnterpreting this as proof of excessive force and trumped up charges by the ttps... while this could have been some scheme to discredit uwi or the ttps... or raise the profile of these students... to be later used on some campaign platform... who knows what goes on behind closed doors in tnt

You need to understand that PNM has problems with UWI admissions policy .

In PNM eyes it is seen as a Non PNM school

Being in uwi i know their was drama cause individuals of a certain background were only getting into med sci or law... so i wouldnt be surprised that pnm dislikes uwi as a result of selective adninistration
Well they need to make the grades to get entry to UWI.

It's the same for indos that they say can't make the grades for the army entry requirements, citing that Indos are not physically capable and can't take training

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 10th, 2020, 1:03 pm

zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Hmmm.... fair enough... as a regular joe public it is hard to know what really goes on in the country... but experience shows that nothing really happens just so in tnt... i could be misnterpreting this as proof of excessive force and trumped up charges by the ttps... while this could have been some scheme to discredit uwi or the ttps... or raise the profile of these students... to be later used on some campaign platform... who knows what goes on behind closed doors in tnt

Being in uwi i know their was drama cause individuals of a certain background were only getting into med sci or law... so i wouldnt be surprised that pnm dislikes uwi as a result of selective adninistration

It's the same for indos that they say can't make the grades for the army entry requirements, citing that Indos are not physically capable and can't take training

:roll: breds- does Every single thing in your life revolve around racism and politics???

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 10th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

:roll: breds- does Every single thing in your life revolve around racism and politics???

Face the truth bro

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 10th, 2020, 3:11 pm

elec2020 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/uwi-student-arrested-during-2018-protest-cleared/article_56ae649a-c24d-11ea-8e73-27a69d0c7b5f.html

That is why police cant be judge, jury and executioner... all suspects are not guilty... the court case against the university students were dropped... thats why everyone has a right of innocence until proven guilty... shame on people who applaud police for taking the law into their own hands... now if they shot and killed these kids because they were 'resisting arrest'... they would have never had a chance to prove their innocence
No you don't understand the play

Those UWI students were PNM activist and represented by a PNM lawyer.

Anyone resisting arrest should be shot regardless of age.

But Max the charges were dropped... this means that the students were essentially found not guilty of resisting arrest... u cant have police as judge, jury and executioner as sometimes these charges are trumped up lies... as proven here... the article claims the DPP was ducking the hearings (12 in all) till the judge drop all charges... they had no case... but made out the students as defiant and unruly... if that was the case why they couldnt prove it in court... we have legal systems for a reason... if u caught in the act of robbing and get shot... oh well u look for that... but cases like these demonstrate u cant have a shoot all suspects mentality as police may be lieing

I know bro,

Not everyone found not guilty, is really “not guilty”.

The law is too lenient and forgiving.

I saw the videos of these “students” and their behavior was disgusting.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 10th, 2020, 3:44 pm

^ also correct... i didnt see the videos... but i know when adrenalin flowing u tend to do things u normally wouldnt... not saying that as an excuse for untoward actions... just making note of that being a special cas3 and not something they would usually do... still they have inefficiencies in both the police and judicial systems... both need fixing... wonder when a governemnt will finally come in to do so... till then i scared and treading softly as it easy for u to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and become a statistic by criminals or wrongfully charged by vindictive police

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 10th, 2020, 4:04 pm

behaviour in the videos, was not disgusting. just people protesting. that is a mischaracterization of the students... sounding like gg using this account.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 10th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:I thought we all wanted Gary???

I would like to say we all liked it when he was "talking' tough".

When appointed to CoP, best thing since sliced bread, taking tough and all, we delighted in hearing that he will go after the "cockroaches" and "pests" and so he did (to an extent).

Now we come and cry "he too wicked" because he treated "pests" and "cockroaches" like well pests and cockroaches? Last time I checked no one really tries a cockroach in court for being in there house, simply kill it and dump it out side. Where have we seen or heard of this before???

Deep down that spontaneous reaction of support, "yeah Garee go gee dem" is a very true reflection of what we feel/felt to some extent, so to come now and be so shocked when we see the end result is just silly.

Anyone with sense looking at those videos will tell you that the police officers involved were moving sketchy. Now bear in mind, I have zero experience in law enforcement training, but the little I know is that when you get a suspect to exit a vehicle, you secure them in restraints. 18 of you and three suspects and the one who actually exited the vehicle for a significant amount of time mind you, is the one being named as the one reaching for the gun?
Then you have Geeyore, who I admit started hot and sweaty, but he soured me early with his "one shot one kill" and petty battles with anyone who watch him hard sheit. So don't project your secret extrajudicial killings fetish on people, nor pass judgement on those opposed to same as "silly"

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 10th, 2020, 8:56 pm

I don't have a fetish for extra judicial killings or any such action, what I was simply saying our collective "talk" of "we want action now" only does one thing which is cause a very swift and often times reactionary response by the authorities especially in this case with them being so eager to show that they are doing something.

You hear it all the time "this is a call to action", "the population is tired of the politics", often said be politicians, and such phrases and again and again we rush in and say we want to SEE some thing now and it forces them to do something, often times its something stupid or costly or BOTH.

The bottom line as I mentioned before when he, G. Griffith, referred to the "criminal element" as "pests" and "cockroaches", we said nothing, we didn't care about making any distinction, I heard very little condemnation of his words, we were glad to hear it.

This is the end result of those words because that's what you do to something that is perceived as a pest or cockroach, "simply kill it and dump it out". That's what we're seeing now.

We made the Police into an overaggressive "Boys' Club", to "deal wid dem" and not caring about anything else, like justice or prison reform, heaven forbid we talk about community reform, "nah de time for talk don".

I'm from a mixed area I've seen crime affect BOTH of the majority races here (can't speak for the others), and I've heard the reactions, "boy if I was dey I woodda leggo shots", that is the same mentality that we're seeing form the police.

I am not justifying the actions of the officers, but given what we've seen of foreign officers, from a country we love to emulate, combine that with our desperation and own kind of blood lust for justice, that incident and going forward may very well be a new norm here.

One thing might come out of this and that is the police might just get better at hiding it.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 10th, 2020, 9:08 pm

We as a nation have a legitimate reason to "protess", one based on a documented incident....

Well we can't "protess" just yet we "hav ah elecshun an' I want to hear wah Kamla/Rowlee doin' fuh crime nah".

Take a look in the "de" mirror you have no one to blame but yourself.

Politics has a morality of its own, it seems everything has a morality of its own now, who knew?

An old Indian man who in his younger days would give political speeches standing atop tables in run shops by the corner used to say things like that, don't know whatever happen to him.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 10th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Like I said I am nor in favour of the police conduct, saw the video, looked more like a mob hit and clean up job, deep down this was how a lot of Trinbagonians probably saw the 'WAR on Crime' going down.

Now that we're actually seeing it, in out faces we act as though we didn't know, remember we wanted action not solutions, we got 'ACTION' what do we intend to do now?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 10th, 2020, 10:58 pm

The driver was one of the shooters that killed the young officer,and something triggered them to open fire,they didnt just line them up,hush alllyuh soft sheltered asss..

They coulda handle it better and shot the driver alone and that will be adressed ,but Gary has the criminals scared and this sorta thing happening long before Gary you lil nitwits,the criminals should come for allyuh lil soft asss keyboard warriors,look like allyuh lil uptight pansies go call ghostbusters..

How none ah we kids aint getting gun down by police,and why were those fellas moving with a known pest with plenty bodies? The whole of Morvant knew him well...

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 11th, 2020, 1:18 am

So these guys had it coming then?

I assume that there would be a no to protests as well.

All in all the police officers were "right" and took "ACTION", and they we were so upset that they took "ACTION" based on a video, (even I admit their actions looked suspicious), but in light of this new piece of information it seems the police were acting on good grounds.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 11th, 2020, 6:22 am

VII wrote:The driver was one of the shooters that killed the young officer,and something triggered them to open fire,they didnt just line them up,hush alllyuh soft sheltered asss..

They coulda handle it better and shot the driver alone and that will be adressed ,but Gary has the criminals scared and this sorta thing happening long before Gary you lil nitwits,the criminals should come for allyuh lil soft asss keyboard warriors,look like allyuh lil uptight pansies go call ghostbusters..

How none ah we kids aint getting gun down by police,and why were those fellas moving with a known pest with plenty bodies? The whole of Morvant knew him well...

hoss, u never get set up by a police that have sumting for u. either personally, or handling a wuk for sumone else. putting that amount of power in them criminal hands is a recipe for disaster.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 11th, 2020, 8:59 am

VII wrote:The driver was one of the shooters that killed the young officer,and something triggered them to open fire,they didnt just line them up,hush alllyuh soft sheltered asss..

Just how the uwi students was resisting arrest... oh no wait that was proven false in the courts... a suspect is not instantly guilty of a crime... where is the evidence that any of tgese guys were involved in the young officer's death... also didnt motormouth say that none of these guys were involved in the officer's death... also is their not a reward for someone to come forward to help the ttps solve the officer's death... but no despite those 2 conflicting facts... u and your infinite knowledge know that the driver was involved in the officer's death... since u so smart... u can tell me what the next wining numbers are for lotto plus are... thanks brethren

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 11th, 2020, 10:18 am

Allyuh realize that the majority of the public, of all races, really dont give a sheit how and why these 3 pests were exterminated?

That sais alot.

Pests, fairness, humanity and justice just doesnt fit in the same sentence.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 11th, 2020, 11:15 am

MaxPower wrote:Allyuh realize that the majority of the public, of all races, really dont give a sheit how and why these 3 pests were exterminated?

That sais alot.

Buy they rioted to support them, so these PNM ppl do care

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 11th, 2020, 12:28 pm

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Allyuh realize that the majority of the public, of all races, really dont give a sheit how and why these 3 pests were exterminated?

That sais alot.

Buy they rioted to support them, so these PNM ppl do care

Oh no no zoom,

Those are pests as well, so we don’t associate them with the general public.

How come no indos, house negros, whites, chinese, syrian or red woman were seen in these protests??

Do black lives matter only in the USA?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 11th, 2020, 9:07 pm

Like you is facking Yesenia? How exactly do you know this? Was it proven in a court of law or otherwise? Like it or not, pest or no pest, this needs investigation, not your ridiculous, hysterical, extra judicial killing cheer leading.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » July 14th, 2020, 12:58 am

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » July 3rd, 2022, 6:26 pm

Given the police killings over the weekend, should we be concerned about protests on Monday morning?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 3rd, 2022, 8:17 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Given the police killings over the weekend, should we be concerned about protests on Monday morning?
That should be an excuse for more police killings.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 4th, 2022, 7:43 am

Beetham appears to he normal atm

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 4th, 2022, 11:19 am

Protests ongoing on the beetham

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 4th, 2022, 11:21 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Protests ongoing on the beetham

srs?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 4th, 2022, 11:26 am

any more info?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

UNREST IN PORT OF SPAIN

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 4th, 2022, 11:28 am

11am

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 4th, 2022, 11:39 am

best way to hold the economy/growth at ransom......steups

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 4th, 2022, 11:41 am

They still going to buy expensive brands from the 1% and they still going to vote Rowley. So who cares

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 4th, 2022, 11:48 am

I never ask this..but is that the only road to go POS?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”