Businesses that closed down in Trinidad & Tobago due to Covid-19 lockdown

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Re: Businesses that closed down in Trinidad & Tobago due to Covid-19 lockdown

Postby Wraith King » July 31st, 2021, 8:27 pm

pugboy wrote:i like how peter george spit on the critics
allyuh want to criticize my vaccine requirements well we stay closed so everybody lose

the only thing he ain’t say is tell the employees check inshan or pea for a stipend

Businessmen make decisions based on finance.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 31st, 2021, 8:28 pm

there was a bakery in new street POS that closed down since covid start in 2020. best fish pies in pos.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 31st, 2021, 8:50 pm

Wraith King wrote:
pugboy wrote:i like how peter george spit on the critics
allyuh want to criticize my vaccine requirements well we stay closed so everybody lose

the only thing he ain’t say is tell the employees check inshan or pea for a stipend

Business-men make decisions based on finance.

Finance-men make decisions based on tax exemptions.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 31st, 2021, 9:32 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
elec2020 wrote:not surprised restaurants suffering without in-house dining. I mean who would order a "full course" as take away?

The majority of the restaurants in T&T are take away :D

Sit down in a restaurant is the model of the past .

Now it's popular to have home delivery , curbside pick up and take way .

It's known as EXPRESS :D

idk why them bars dont make a 'lime pack' where you get your rum, chaser,ice,cup,cutters,cigarette in one to go bag for a $300 or so. mix it up and adjust the price. i would rather pull up by a bar pick up a lime pack and check a padna or 2 an drink my arse full without have to go grocery, then make some cutters and waste valuable drinking time. all the bar men want to do is complain and complain. fuq, i should make a lime pack and drop in them grocery and see how it go sell.

Dan just buy your liquor with your monthly groceries and buy your cutters from a takeaway restaurant when it’s time to lime. Entire Covid my house has been fully stocked with alco. I use to lime heavy, having my own liquor always ready is way cheaper. The cutters could even be delivered to you while you lime.

while this is fine for the consumer i was looking at it from the bar owner perspective in order to keep business going. it has marketing gimmicks that the bar owner can use for business continuity but they just sitting idly by.
one of my favorite spot is Apoos in freeport. i wouldnt mind passing and grabbing a lime bag with goat, shark, pigtail cutters with my rum and chaser. i can just lime in my tray with the lime pack just to get away from the wife and children.

Can't drink in public, so you will still have to take it home.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 31st, 2021, 11:04 pm

All George restaurants are dine-in focused. All food places slow because the pnm doctors make everybody scared to even do curbside pickup. Hence why he close. But the timing seem like he was just vex Rowley didn't let him open.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 1st, 2021, 5:01 am

Wraith King wrote:
redmanjp wrote:In some.e countries they allowed outdoor dining as it has ventilation. Perhaps they can do this of we get some more pol vaxxed or only allow vaxxed indoor dining.

What is the fascination with being vaccinated or not being vaccinated when either can get and spread the virus?

This is actually false, vaccinated people can spread but to a much less extent. While the viral loads of break through cases are similar to those in unvaccinated persons, scientists don't yet know how much of the virus in vaccinated persons are viable (i.e. dead).

Also remember break through cases are not common in fully vaccinated persons.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 1st, 2021, 7:16 am

i more feel is a backlash to all the criticism against his staff vax policy

so now is a hard luck for all the staff and they could go by inshan pea and watson for a job

Mmoney607 wrote:All George restaurants are dine-in focused. All food places slow because the pnm doctors make everybody scared to even do curbside pickup. Hence why he close. But the timing seem like he was just vex Rowley didn't let him open.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 1st, 2021, 7:31 am

pugboy wrote:i more feel is a backlash to all the criticism against his staff vax policy

so now is a hard luck for all the staff and they could go by inshan pea and watson for a job

Mmoney607 wrote:All George restaurants are dine-in focused. All food places slow because the pnm doctors make everybody scared to even do curbside pickup. Hence why he close. But the timing seem like he was just vex Rowley didn't let him open.

This exactly. Either backlash or he got a pre-action protocol letter.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 1st, 2021, 7:37 am

pugboy wrote:i more feel is a backlash to all the criticism against his staff vax policy

i fully agree with him an his actions! D level of badmind (or maybe jus business acumen in he case) really reminds me of myself an actions i would of had to do in the past. I really find KFC/PHL and the real big boys like banks and government service etc should follow suit.
setta damn uneducated dunce who does study to spend the day on FB and be anti-everything. if trinis use to put in half the efforts they does put in to complain, engage in smartmannism, circumvent the legal controls/laws and conduct underhand transactions i feel we could outstrip China in productivity and innovation wi.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 1st, 2021, 7:38 am

all it take is a few more hundred employees to lose their jobs until xmas and you see the complainers stop

let them social media donkeys keep braying
one of them change he tune and saying covid not dangerous
they only like to make noise

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 1st, 2021, 7:55 am

^ there is such a thing as fraudulent furlough. Given that George's restaurants are fine dining he has that excuse that he will not make the revenues needed to sustain his business hence the decision to continue with the furlough. But those where an in-house element is not key for their success risk litigation (as they are furloughing for other, maybe discriminatory reasons) if they choose to use that excuse. Also, what do you tell shareholders, the banks, the franchisor, etc when they want their returns for their financial outlays?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 1st, 2021, 8:12 am

^you giving aspiring lawyers something to try in the courts

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » August 1st, 2021, 8:15 am

They're dealing with food though.

You can't risk it.

All you need is 1 infected person to create a mini spreader event, and the restaurant is ruined.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 1st, 2021, 8:21 am

I don't know if the complaining will stop but the current infection/death rate, hospital capacity utilization and stockpile of covid vaccines will likely allow some nonessential businesses to open - but not much more than that.

Anything or anyplace that encourages the public to gather and socialize uncontrolled looks like it's going to be restricted for quite some time into the future. Those furloughs will be real and they will be lengthy.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 1st, 2021, 9:17 am

Peter George leans to towards Republicans and Trump. I was surprised at his vaccination rules. I think he really did just try one time, the suck up to the pnm route (But, it don't work for everybody :lol:) in hopes that he would be able to resume in-house dining. He send the press release during the press conference when everyone realise Rowley was doing the usual go around in circles and blame everyone for his corruption.

Screenshot_20210801_090908.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 1st, 2021, 11:08 am

apple don’t fall far from the tree

his fadda was quite prominent in the pizzaboys a
bourdain video which brought 1% to the fore

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 1st, 2021, 12:45 pm

^^

In justifying the decision on Saturday, Trotters Restaurant Group CEO Peter George Jr said the temporary closure of his restaurants was a “purely economic decision,” as he is now strapped for cash.

Six restaurants belong to George’s group of companies, including Trotters (which has two outlets), Amara, Buzo, Blue Star Diner and Tommy’s.

In a media release on Saturday, George said it was with a “heavy heart“ that he was announcing the suspension of his restaurant operations effective August 2 at 9 pm.

“This is 16 to 17 months. People who were promised salary grant support for the month of May have not received that support in August. It tells you clearly where this Government’s head is. I have to support the rest of my business and hope it survives if and when it reopens.”

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/strappe ... d70f2c09fb

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 1st, 2021, 12:51 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Peter George leans to towards Republicans and Trump. I was surprised at his vaccination rules. I think he really did just try one time, the suck up to the pnm route (But, it don't work for everybody :lol:) in hopes that he would be able to resume in-house dining. He send the press release during the press conference when everyone realise Rowley was doing the usual go around in circles and blame everyone for his corruption.

Screenshot_20210801_090908.jpg

Peter George is a Master of Industry .

He is in survival mode after 18 months of chaos with his million $$$ businesses .

He understand economics - business and politics

Why are YOU surprised ?

275 are without jobs within his group businesses .

1070 Deaths
Last edited by RedVEVO on August 1st, 2021, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 1st, 2021, 12:51 pm

i dont patronise any of his businesses but i agree with his financial point of view , a business operates to earn a living & a profit , anytime u operating at a loss then what sense it makes, he might have to venture into other business that is not restaurant related

i think most fast food outlets buyers are take away so they can hold strain until country fully reopens, but how can any dine in restaurant survive on take away if d take away rate for them is so low that its operating a loss, ppl eh have $ to be buying takeaway during this hard times

like he also said even if all business open back in d morning it will take this country a while to get back on its feet since about half of d buying public remains unemployed during lockdown & business will have to trim their staff to stay afloat ...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 1st, 2021, 12:56 pm

Rovin wrote:i dont patronise any of his businesses but i agree with his financial point of view , a business operates to earn a living & a profit , anytime u operating at a loss then what sense it makes, he might have to venture into other business that is not restaurant related

i think most fast food outlets buyers are take away so they can hold strain until country fully reopens, but how can any dine in restaurant survive on take away if d take away rate for them is so low that its operating a loss, ppl eh have $ to be buying takeaway during this hard times

like he also said even if all business open back in d morning it will take this country a while to get back on its feet since about half of d buying public remains unemployed during lockdown & business will have to trim their staff to stay afloat ...

ALL business chambers are in agreement .

Even CA Pilots understand.

Even the PM understands

Again the voice of logic with the stubborn and unvaccinated :roll:

Peter George is a Master of Industry .

He is in survival mode after 18 months of chaos with his million $$$ businesses .

He understand economics - business and politics

Why are YOU surprised ?

275 are without jobs within his group businesses .

1070 Deaths

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 1st, 2021, 4:15 pm

Isn't he an owner/shareholder of Linda's Bakery as well?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 1st, 2021, 5:09 pm

Correct

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 1st, 2021, 5:25 pm

he bought it out

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 2nd, 2021, 5:07 am

who would believe that El Socorro Auto Supplies would close down. saw a hugh dumpster outside and they basically gutting this inside where the store and hardware used to be. dont know if its renovation but it being gutted.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 2nd, 2021, 7:19 am

Think someone said they were doing construction.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » August 3rd, 2021, 7:11 am

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 3rd, 2021, 7:13 am

Michelin wasn't selling?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 3rd, 2021, 7:52 am

Franchise/agencies on the blocks a while now.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 3rd, 2021, 8:32 am

If this goes on for any extended period - watch out.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » August 3rd, 2021, 8:34 am

Pnm financiers happy too bad. Swoop in and take over

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”