Forums

Businesses that closed down in Trinidad & Tobago due to Covid-19 lockdown

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: Businesses that closed down in Trinidad & Tobago due to Covid-19 lockdown

Postby viedcht » August 13th, 2021, 7:01 pm

^Some bars doing that right now too, but I didn't see any sales activity from them or other retail places. Just cleaning out painting etc.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 13th, 2021, 9:14 pm

Some bar owners playing up in Dey a55, they were NOT given any directive to open as yet… when yuh see people start reporting them more and more , they will be the first to cry victimization blah blah blah….

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » August 13th, 2021, 10:56 pm

viedcht wrote:^Some bars doing that right now too, but I didn't see any sales activity from them or other retail places. Just cleaning out painting etc.

There is bar in chaguanas open every day. Even in the night you seeing the lights on through the doors and 3-4 cars outside smh. Feel bad for the guy as he did a big renovation JUST before covid and everything closed down.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » August 13th, 2021, 11:09 pm

eurotuner wrote:
viedcht wrote:^Some bars doing that right now too, but I didn't see any sales activity from them or other retail places. Just cleaning out painting etc.

There is bar in chaguanas open every day. Even in the night you seeing the lights on through the doors and 3-4 cars outside smh. Feel bad for the guy as he did a big renovation JUST before covid and everything closed down.

Sounds like typical bars in chaguanas , drinking in bars seem to back in time now , stay home and drink yuh rum

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 14th, 2021, 3:27 am

eurotuner wrote:

where in chag is this?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 14th, 2021, 6:09 am

Dave wrote:Bluegrass was authentic but seconds?
In the case seconds, the manufacturer will permanently deface a label prior to shipping the garment from the factory.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 14th, 2021, 9:37 am

eurotuner wrote:

Do the right thing and report the bar…. It’s because of idiots like that , covid continues to be a threat.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 14th, 2021, 2:10 pm

agent007 wrote:I purchased a jeans from them less than 2 years ago. The cost was less than $500. I think it was more like $450. if so much. In conversation with the staff, I was saying its difficult to verify if some of the clothing we buy locally are genuine/authentic and a supervisor who heard my conversation with the sales clerk offered to show me a certificate from Levi's recognizing BG as an authorized seller and any questions/concerns can be forwarded directly to corporate for a response. This was reassuring I might add.

Honestly, I found that the jeans fit me well and it looked pretty good so I left satisfied and I still use it up to this day. To me, its cheaper to get something here than to get it in Miami. For those of us who cannot afford to travel often like myself, I appreciate stores like BG. Sorry they had to close that branch down but it is what it is.

Meem stush enough to go Miami to shop :oops: , but when I happen to be there, I at least check the Levis store. Also local kids/teens clothes are an absolute ripoff, so the kids get most of their clothes from there, when I happen to be there in a position to shop.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » August 14th, 2021, 8:59 pm

agent007 wrote:I purchased a jeans from them less than 2 years ago. The cost was less than $500. I think it was more like $450. if so much. In conversation with the staff, I was saying its difficult to verify if some of the clothing we buy locally are genuine/authentic and a supervisor who heard my conversation with the sales clerk offered to show me a certificate from Levi's recognizing BG as an authorized seller and any questions/concerns can be forwarded directly to corporate for a response. This was reassuring I might add.

Honestly, I found that the jeans fit me well and it looked pretty good so I left satisfied and I still use it up to this day. To me, its cheaper to get something here than to get it in Miami. For those of us who cannot afford to travel often like myself, I appreciate stores like BG. Sorry they had to close that branch down but it is what it is.

You all "travel" to shop for levi jeans etc. I always thought trinis went away to shop for "designer".

You do know that Levi jeans are dirt cheap right? Can't you just purchase it online and have it shipped to you?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 14th, 2021, 9:04 pm

Redress10 wrote:

You all "travel" to shop for levi jeans etc. I always thought trinis went away to shop for "designer".

You do know that Levi jeans are dirt cheap right?

Reddress like you ent go shopping in the US in a lil while...lol. Levis jeans are actually more expensive than most of the "designer" brands. Talking about the outlet stores eh... not the swap shop...LOL

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 14th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Redress10 wrote:

You do know that Levi jeans are dirt cheap right? Can't you just purchase it online and have it shipped to you?

And? People travel for work, vacation etc. What they shop for is what they want

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » August 14th, 2021, 9:06 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Reddress like you ent go shopping in the US in a lil while...lol. Levis jeans are actually more expensive than most of the "designer" brands. Talking about the outlet stores eh... not the swap shop...LOL

The designer jeans I am talking about cost upwards of 2000 usd. I haven't worn levis since my teens. I always thought travel to miami to shop was for things not easily acquired online or here? Didn't know it was for Levis etc. I would have imported those things years ago and sell if I knew they were so popular.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » August 15th, 2021, 2:54 am

death365 wrote:They have good clothes but the mark up to freaking high .... wayyyyyyyyyyy to high
eliteauto wrote:Bluegrass is closing their Trincity Mall branch

Used to only buy dockers shirts, pants for work, and socks.
For years pre-covid though (like 2015...), like BG stopped restocking, and had the same clothes at all their branches. Literally the same inventory for yrs on the racks. I stopped buying and switched to online or foreign.. and switched from dockers also.
not worth it except if you're in a jam.

The attitude of the staff at the trincity branch was consistently bad, compared with other branches
Unhelpful, unpleasant, aloof.. [that's my job as the customer, not yours].. for a mall branch of a only halfway decent brands store..

fwiw, sorry, not sorry abt this one closing.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 15th, 2021, 5:57 am

Gladiator wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Gladis , like you never travel and shop - Swap Shops is the place to shop at least in Miami toots.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 15th, 2021, 6:00 am

viedcht wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:I finf kfc havin so much special in the last few days since delta announce. Like they want to get rid of stock before the boss close back down food places tomorrow.

As far as I know KFC does not stock chicken.
Local KFC chicken comes exclusively from Arawak from their Mausica processing plant.
Arawak prepares and marinates the fresh chicken and delivers it daily to KFC branches chilled - not frozen.
So there is no stock to get rid of.
A few years ago (maybe 7-8) I was walking past KFC Princes Town, they used the basement as storage. The Arawak chicken were being delivered unseasoned in clear bags. It could have been a one time happening, but I know I saw it.

the kfc in munroe road if you stand in front the cashier you would see the kitchen clearly. last year or so i saw the chicken came in clear bags with the blood water still in the bag, not sure if arawak wash or not, but the lady just burst the bag and dump it in the drum located on the left of the room as you facing the cashier and empty a couple packs of seasoning from a brown bag size of a large brown envelope and set the drum to spin and after a few empty into oil and thats it.
on another note as the boss aint close down nothing maybe now kfc will bring the rest of the sides instead of having only fries.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 15th, 2021, 6:03 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Gladis , like you never travel and shop - Swap Shops is the place to shop at least in Miami toots.

levi is curacao and maragarita is the best. was like 10 for $100 years ago. how long it last didnt matter as you had extras. got 2 white tees for $1 (came pack of 10 for $5)

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 15th, 2021, 6:14 am

Kids World closed in Grand Bazaar (GB)

Signature Bags closed in GB.

Panty Palace is temporary closed .

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 15th, 2021, 6:24 am

Lol I didn’t even realize they closed in Gulf City, I’m real out of it

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 15th, 2021, 8:21 am

Now I buy all Jeans off of Amazon or Levi's store.

Landed cost is competitive with local stores...
However the last time I bought 501s from a local store ...not BG, the sizing was off to the point where they varied in fit within the batch.
With the single exception of leather slippers from Rasta, and Westport cargo pants I've had bad experiences with ALL clothes bought here from local stores,their product don't last.

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » August 15th, 2021, 8:58 am

Amazon is now plagued with counterfeit brand name good from third-party sellers. Since Amazon opened up their retail platform to every tom dick and roshan, many brand name items especially clothes that you buy have been counterfeit. Lots of stories about people buying Vans, Levi and Nike and they were fake. Nike has pulled out of Amazon. https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusi ... 4342e864ff There are no real Nike products on Amazon anymore. Birkenstock gone too. Because they said Amazon won't do anything about this issue and they're fed up. But Jeff has to get that billion$$$$ to ride to space somehow so i don't blame him. https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog ... -products/

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 15th, 2021, 9:41 am

j.o.e wrote:

Wait, bluegrass in Gulf closed down? I go there and Grand Bazaar.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 15th, 2021, 9:50 am

i get my jeans from amazon cough cough... it's waayyy cheaper than buying it locally.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 15th, 2021, 10:38 am

viedcht wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

There was a dedicated BG in Gulf City? I used to just go the Levi's section in Michael & Jody's.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 15th, 2021, 11:57 am

After Midnight or whatever the store was, used to have Lee jeans, and corduroy jeans (yes I liked them for some time)
Bluegrass moved from the back just off the elevator to where the games shop was by the original food court. I never noticed if any other stores carried gents Levi's

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 23rd, 2021, 6:56 pm

so some business closing while others opening ...

Victoria’s Secret opens at The Falls

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/v ... ium=social

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 23rd, 2021, 7:24 pm

How certain businesses getting forex
Rovin wrote:so some business closing while others opening ...

Victoria’s Secret opens at The Falls

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/v ... ium=social

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 24th, 2021, 11:57 am

Seriously , get your xmas shopping gifts from NOW... with the current shipping delays and logistics out of China, many businesses here will NOT get any good for xmas, and probably into the first 6 months of 2022... We will have shortages of several items and electronics with the CHip shortage starting to hit more and more companies.
Lets hope our local fast food outlets do not get hit by the food chain supply as well , or they will be the next to start closing their doors due to lack of raw materials

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 24th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Trinis like to rate up Levi jeans just as they rate up johnnie walker, Michael Kors (MK), Movado, and Fossil etc.

Coasting on imitation Hollister and Abercrombie.

Does know when US visas get rejected yes.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 24th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Les Bain wrote:
viedcht wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

There was a dedicated BG in Gulf City? I used to just go the Levi's section in Michael & Jody's.

Yea there was… upstairs close to the elevators on the multistory end. When I read the announcement of the branch closing they didn’t mention Gulf being one still available.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 24th, 2021, 1:20 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Les Bain wrote:
viedcht wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Yea there was… upstairs close to the elevators on the multistory end. When I read the announcement of the branch closing they didn’t mention Gulf being one still available.

I think they closed even before the pandemic.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”