PlayStation 5 PS5

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 10th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Sony PlayStation 5 reveal event tomorrow

IMG_1276.JPG

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PlayStation 5

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 2:33 pm

I really dislike the fact that the GPU in the PS5 is significantly worse than the Series X. We are talking about a PS5 GPU the equivalent of Radeon 5700 VS VS RTX 2080 Super on the Series X that is a huge difference in power. The problem is Xbox is a Dead and failed Platform thanks to Microsoft's own incompetence.

I like that PS5 will no longer have any loading anymore that is huge for Fighting Games, the data transfer between SSD to RAM will be in reality close to 10GB/S after the compression algorithm.

This is the speed of the slowest DDR3 RAM which is actually insane for an SSD, literally nothing on PC can match this because it has no controller and software available to solve the issue of CPU bottleneck unlike the PS5.

I still won't be buying either of these consoles as none of them are guaranteed to play anything at more than 60 FPS. Infact the new AC coming to PS5 is reported to run at 30FPS. Which is a joke quite frankly..... To top it off you have to pay some ridiculous $60 USD a year paywall just to access online on either console which again is quite stupid.

Lastly you still can't play CS GO on the new consoles and all the "competitive" FPS on console suck ass, compared to what is available on PC. Modern Warfare 2019 is a prime example showing just how much of the social aspects they literally killed they removed even more team player communications recently due to the whole Black Lives Matter issue in the US because Activision claims it is the only way to stamp out racism ingame.

Yeah no thanks will stick to CS GO on PC at 240 FPS on my 240HZ monitor and ultra low input lag where EVERYBODY on your Team uses a MIC to communicate. There is a reason CS GO is the Gold Standard of Esport Competitive FPS, put simple it is all about skill and doesn't use gimmicks found in all of these console FPS. Not to mention no retarded $60 a year scam for Online Paywall plus buying a new console every 7 years? CS GO will run on virtually any PC for decades.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 10th, 2020, 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » June 10th, 2020, 2:37 pm

People does still play CS GO?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 2:44 pm

solarkh wrote:People does still play CS GO?

Pretty ignorant question

https://www.statista.com/statistics/808 ... ers-steam/

^ According to this site a few weeks ago there was 1.1 million players a day on CS GO it really peaks during the start of a new season/operation.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats

^ According to Official Steam Stats CS GO is the number 1 played game on Steam averaging 1 million players a day.

Also more data shows CS GO is the most watched Esport game on twitch single most watched game on the planet. The Esport Viewership is SIGNIFICANTLY Larger than fortnite

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-games-twitch/

In May 2020 There is 76 million watched hours of CS GO on twitch and 23.7 Million Watched ESPORT hours of CS GO on Twitch, no other game in the world really compares to this, not even League of Legends
There is a reason for that, it features the lowest input lag and requires the fastest human reaction time of any skill based First person shooter available.

There is a reason it only continues to get bigger with each passing year, this is the hallmark of what makes a game great.

An example why CS GO is the single greatest Skill Based Esport title out there

Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 10th, 2020, 3:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 10th, 2020, 2:47 pm

PS5 playing games at 30fps? F that.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » June 10th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Will it be a significant jump from the PS4 tho?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Kewell35 wrote:PS5 playing games at 30fps? F that.

Not all, unfortunately Sony claims it is up to the developers. This is all Sony's fault, they are catering to the lowest IQ players out there "I don't mean to sound like an assh0le btw I am not insulting console players" I am just pointing out an obvious marketing fact, they sell based on NUMBERS.

Consumers are very stupid, they will see a game supports "4K" and make their purchase based on that, atleast this is what these idiotic publishers like to think, and so the developers are pushing 4K @ 30 FPS on the PS5 this is the main goal.

A smart developer/publisher however will try to push for 60 FPS minimum or 144 FPS Maximum but at maybe 1080p and some shadow settings turned down. This is a far far better experience than viewing something in 4K at 30 FPS. The New Assassins Creed is reported to run at 30 FPS on PS5 and Sony has no plans to force any sort of standard on the PS5.

I believe Microsoft is the only one who will guarantee all games run at 60 FPS but lets be real, they promised this in the past only to have Xbox One X run Destiny 2 and many other games at 30 FPS, then talk out of their cacahole about "most powerful console ever"

The problem with these console makers is they believe their audience are stupid, but I don't blame them I was viewing a lot of threads on Reddit the other day and many of these retarded Fanboys were DEFENDING 30 FPS on PS5 as a "cinematic experience" whatever that is supposed to mean. Talk about the height of dotishness

Only reason I really wanted a PS5 is for Fighting Games cause PC Playerbase in fighting games is sh!t, people only care about FPS and Car Racing Games on the PC.
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 10th, 2020, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » June 10th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Eastern Europeans are crazy for it.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Les Bain wrote:

Eastern Europeans are crazy for it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/808 ... ers-steam/

^ According to this site a few weeks ago there was 1.1 million players a day on CS GO it really peaks during the start of a new season/operation.

Also more data shows CS GO is the most watched Esport game on twitch single most watched game on the planet. The Esport Viewership is SIGNIFICANTLY Larger than fortnite

https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-games-twitch/

In May 2020 There is 76 million watched hours of CS GO on twitch and 23.7 Million Watched ESPORT hours of CS GO on Twitch, no other game in the world really compares to this, not even League of Legends

AGAIN I would like to point out, there is no such thing as a Competitive FPS on a console for a multitude of different reasons starting with the device you use to aim with. They have tried desperately to make FPS Esport relevant on console but it will NEVER happen. Console rule the Esport Fighting Game genre and for good reasons, shooters are a joke and always will be.

Military Simulator FPS like Escape from Tarkov or Arma 3 which both feature ricochet physics also does not exist on console and never will and for obvious reasons. I suppose this is the reason consoles focus on 30 FPS, their main base are people who play adventure games
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 10th, 2020, 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 3:10 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Will it be a significant jump from the PS4 tho?

Not in terms of graphics because ever since PS4, graphics have looked pretty good and has for a long time been considered "good enough" we really don't need much better visuals than we currently have we need better GAMES, Anthem and many other games have proven how graphics mean almost nothing, gameplay is everything, if the game ain't fun it is a complete flop no matter how good the graphics are just like Anthem, but load time yes the PS5 will be a giant step forward, we are talking about almost 0 load time on PS5 like the old days of playing on NES Cartridge. This is a monumental step forward for gaming, Sony should be commended for making this push, soon as it becomes a thing on PC is when I will be building my next PC.

If not for Sony this would likely never have been a reality.

Microsoft is a joke and Xbox is dead btw

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » June 10th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Use to be hype in regard to buying consoles...ps1...2 and 3 in my younger days but since I am older...no interest whatsoever.I guess it is a phase.
Killzone 2 online...black ..timesplitters...tekken series..mk...burnout 3 ...mgs3...resistance 1... gta and more

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 10th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Sony filed for a number of patents recently with the USPO.

https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=0 ... D64FA18639

Going by the illustrations shared in the filing, the PS5 UI doesn’t look that much different from what’s currently available on PS4. The drawer, XMB layout is the same, but the tiles themselves have been redesigned to display more information.
https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/10/ps5-ui ... -tracking/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 10th, 2020, 4:52 pm

So it will be mostly software i think. And maybe a new system and interface to allow crossplay across every major gaming platform for a release. Sony will probably be pushing some major cloud updates with a different UI and new "AI" with PS5.
They'll be doing a lot more data-mining now, maybe on par with Amazon and Google.

Hope they'll be successful with that idea, because it sounds like the way forward, not just for gaming.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 5:10 pm

aaron17 wrote:Use to be hype in regard to buying consoles...ps1...2 and 3 in my younger days but since I am older...no interest whatsoever.I guess it is a phase.
Killzone 2 online...black ..timesplitters...tekken series..mk...burnout 3 ...mgs3...resistance 1... gta and more

All those linear games can have the exact same experience by just watching a youtube play through of it.

God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Tomb Raider all can be viewed on youtube the full play through and you wouldn't be missing anything at all as opposed to playing it because it is sooo linear. So don't feel bad about it, I don't bother with consoles anymore either.

I would still recommend you get fighting games, but that is assuming you are good at it. If you are good at say Tekken you would find thousands of hours online playtime and never once get bored.

There is a reason games like Fortnite, PUBG, League of Legends etc has hundreds of millions of players to even 1 billion players. Because those games even tho it is the same map each time, it is a completely different experience, you have to play it to enjoy it and everytime its totally different, the variables involved are almost infinite.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 10th, 2020, 6:32 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I really dislike the fact that the GPU in the PS5 is significantly worse than the Series X. We are talking about a PS5 GPU the equivalent of Radeon 5700 VS VS RTX 2080 Super on the Series X that is a huge difference in power. The problem is Xbox is a Dead and failed Platform thanks to Microsoft's own incompetence.

I like that PS5 will no longer have any loading anymore that is huge for Fighting Games, the data transfer between SSD to RAM will be in reality close to 10GB/S after the compression algorithm.

This is the speed of the slowest DDR3 RAM which is actually insane for an SSD, literally nothing on PC can match this because it has no controller and software available to solve the issue of CPU bottleneck unlike the PS5.

I still won't be buying either of these consoles as none of them are guaranteed to play anything at more than 60 FPS. Infact the new AC coming to PS5 is reported to run at 30FPS. Which is a joke quite frankly..... To top it off you have to pay some ridiculous $60 USD a year paywall just to access online on either console which again is quite stupid.

Lastly you still can't play CS GO on the new consoles and all the "competitive" FPS on console suck ass, compared to what is available on PC. Modern Warfare 2019 is a prime example showing just how much of the social aspects they literally killed they removed even more team player communications recently due to the whole Black Lives Matter issue in the US because Activision claims it is the only way to stamp out racism ingame.

Yeah no thanks will stick to CS GO on PC at 240 FPS on my 240HZ monitor and ultra low input lag where EVERYBODY on your Team uses a MIC to communicate. There is a reason CS GO is the Gold Standard of Esport Competitive FPS, put simple it is all about skill and doesn't use gimmicks found in all of these console FPS. Not to mention no retarded $60 a year scam for Online Paywall plus buying a new console every 7 years? CS GO will run on virtually any PC for decades.

It is all hype and marketing until benchmarks and tests come out.

There is something on PC that currently pushes 9 gigabytes per second; raid 0 pcie gen 4 SSDs.

I can't indulge that though... Too much money for my blood

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 6:47 pm

^ The issue on PC isn't how fast the SSD is, the issue is there is no CPU that can extract the data at that Speed hence the whole thing with the PS5, it is legit, surprising for a console in all honesty.

The main issue isn't so much the CPU but the software and then some parts of the CPU that has to be built with this kind of technology in mind.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm

kamakazi wrote:There is something on PC that currently pushes 9 gigabytes per second; raid 0 pcie gen 4 SSDs.

I don't know if is this type you talking bout but the specsheet says up to 15GBps seq. read/write (gigabytes, not gigabit)
But at $1900US I doubt many 'gamers' would buy one.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Solid-State-Drive/AORUS-Gen4-AIC-SSD-8TB#kf

I wouldn't buy a PS5 any time soon because I have too much game to catch up on pc

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 10th, 2020, 8:03 pm

gameplay - once titles offer great gameplay and/or immersive storytelling - it should do well...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 10th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Current games are designed as such where it favors how mechanical hard drives search for Data, this is the primary reason why SSD can often suck arse and in some cases make almost no difference to hard drives in loading certain games.

If you take the best SSD for a PC right now, about say 7GB/S and you install a game on it, this is still gonna suck arse. You aren't extracting files into RAM at 7GB/S not even close. The CPU isn't good enough no matter what CPU you use and the software in charge is even worse, ontop of that you are accessing duplicate data that is really meant to make loading times on hard drives a little faster.

With PS5 ALL Games will be designed for the new hardware which allows for direct memory access. There will be no loading times anymore, there are detailed explanations on youtube and other sites that explain how this works, it's quite an achievement for technology.

Hopefully if PC Gamers are lucky we will get this technology in a couple years

Linus has an excellent video that explains all of this and why he embarrassed himself by saying Epic and Sony were lying, even him couldn't believe this technology of 0 load times no matter the size of the game would even be possible.

Still not wasting my time and money on consoles tho, the exclusives I can just watch the full playthrough on youtube since it's so linear. $60 US a year for Free Online also sucks major donkey d!ck, I won't support that scam. 30 FPS also sucks major donkey d!ck, when you have used 144 FPS on a 144HZ monitor and over there is no going back everything else looks like dog sh!t

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 10th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
kamakazi wrote:There is something on PC that currently pushes 9 gigabytes per second; raid 0 pcie gen 4 SSDs.

I don't know if is this type you talking bout but the specsheet says up to 15GBps seq. read/write (gigabytes, not gigabit)
But at $1900US I doubt many 'gamers' would buy one.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Solid-State-Drive/AORUS-Gen4-AIC-SSD-8TB#kf

I wouldn't buy a PS5 any time soon because I have too much game to catch up on pc

fast forward to around 7:37

It utilises 2 x Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 M.2 1TB PCI-Express 4.0

Didn't know the above was something that existed.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 11th, 2020, 10:31 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Current games are designed as such where it favors how mechanical hard drives search for Data, this is the primary reason why SSD can often suck arse and in some cases make almost no difference to hard drives in loading certain games.

If you take the best SSD for a PC right now, about say 7GB/S and you install a game on it, this is still gonna suck arse. You aren't extracting files into RAM at 7GB/S not even close. The CPU isn't good enough no matter what CPU you use and the software in charge is even worse, ontop of that you are accessing duplicate data that is really meant to make loading times on hard drives a little faster.

With PS5 ALL Games will be designed for the new hardware which allows for direct memory access. There will be no loading times anymore, there are detailed explanations on youtube and other sites that explain how this works, it's quite an achievement for technology.

Hopefully if PC Gamers are lucky we will get this technology in a couple years

Linus has an excellent video that explains all of this and why he embarrassed himself by saying Epic and Sony were lying, even him couldn't believe this technology of 0 load times no matter the size of the game would even be possible.

Still not wasting my time and money on consoles tho, the exclusives I can just watch the full playthrough on youtube since it's so linear. $60 US a year for Free Online also sucks major donkey d!ck, I won't support that scam. 30 FPS also sucks major donkey d!ck, when you have used 144 FPS on a 144HZ monitor and over there is no going back everything else looks like dog sh!t

After reading some of your comments here I feel is best to spend that money on upgrading your PC to play games yes.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 10:52 am

Kewell35 wrote:After reading some of your comments here I feel is best to spend that money on upgrading your PC to play games yes.

A PC these days can be had for VERY cheap, in terms of Windows 10 key you can get it free from pirate bay or if you want to buy it legit for whatever reason you can get it for $25 on g2a.com

AMD has released the Ryzen 3300X which is a $120 CPU and will be discounted soon, this is an 8 thread Ryzen that in many gaming benchmark even beats a i7 7700K, if you want you can get the Ryzen 3100 for $99 which is also 8 threads

AMD has drastically reduced prices making PC Gaming so cheap that it's crazy.

Best part is it will still run smoother than a console because on PC you can tweak the settings to get it to run from anywhere between 60 FPS to 144 FPS. It is also easy to upgrade a PC and quite cheap compared to buying a new console, you just wait a little bit for the next gen video card to release then buy current one as it gets discounted super cheap when that happens.

Just think about that for a second, even Xbox One X the so called "most powerful console ever" released just recently does stutter like ass and drop to 40 fps in Warzone while running lower settings than my PC.

Customs also charge 50% Tax to clear a console, PC it's only 12.5% Vat and the retarded 7% OPT that imbert add.

The money you would waste on a PS5 say $5000 TT, you could build a boss PC if you buy the parts yourself and get sweet satisfaction of building it and customizing the looks yourself.

Also PC has Exclusives like Escape from Tarkov that you would never find on a console because Escape from Tarkov is a Military Simulator, not just a looter shooter and it's the finest Mil Sim Ballistics you will ever encounter it mimics every aspect of real life. Mouse and Keyboard is also a billion times better for FPS than a controller aswell, because a mouse can move your gun in real time just like real life, a controller can't do that.

Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on June 11th, 2020, 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 11:02 am

At first glance Escape from Tarkov just looks like a ordinary looter shooter similar to Destiny 2, but make no mistakes that is where the similarity ends, the Guns are created so life like that the springs and internal mechanism of the guns work and animates like real life, it isn't just like other shooters where you have a gun model and it magically fires bullets when you press shoot button, the internal mechanism of the gun has to function all real world physics are at play inside the gun including the animations and the guns can be broken into a million pieces just like real life, scrapped out and modded and sold to traders. Wind, gravity, velocity, ricochet are also at play when you fire the gun.

There is NOTHING like this on consoles

Become a member of the PC Master Race on Reddit Today

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

^^ Link

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 11th, 2020, 11:19 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:After reading some of your comments here I feel is best to spend that money on upgrading your PC to play games yes.

A PC these days can be had for VERY cheap, in terms of Windows 10 key you can get it free from pirate bay or if you want to buy it legit for whatever reason you can get it for $25 on g2a.com

AMD has released the Ryzen 3300X which is a $120 CPU and will be discounted soon, this is an 8 thread Ryzen that in many gaming benchmark even beats a i7 7700K, if you want you can get the Ryzen 3100 for $99 which is also 8 threads

Best part is it will still run smoother than a console because on PC you can tweak the settings to get it to run from anywhere between 60 FPS to 144 FPS. It is also easy to upgrade a PC and quite cheap compared to buying a new console, you just wait a little bit for the next gen video card to release then buy current one as it gets discounted super cheap when that happens.

Just think about that for a second, even Xbox One X the so called "most powerful console ever" released just recently does stutter like ass and drop to 40 fps in Warzone while running lower settings than my PC.

Customs also charge 50% Tax to clear a console, PC it's only 12.5% Vat and the retarded 7% OPT that imbert add.

The money you would waste on a PS5 say $5000 TT, you could build a boss PC if you buy the parts yourself and get sweet satisfaction of building it and customizing the looks yourself.

Also PC has Exclusives like Escape from Tarkov that you would never find on a console because Escape from Tarkov is a Military Simulator, not just a looter shooter and it's the finest Mil Sim Ballistics you will ever encounter it mimics every aspect of real life. Mouse and Keyboard is also a billion times better for FPS than a controller aswell, because a mouse can move your gun in real time just like real life, a controller can't do that.

PC gaming has it's place, but the PS5 is revolutionary and gaming on a TV with controllers is my preferred way to game.

Tim Sweeney is an utter genius and despite the slightly slower GPU on the PS5, it's a monster machine that will blow away the best current gen PC games.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 11:29 am

^ I agree partially, but it is completely incorrect to claim the PS5 will blow away the best current Gen PC games. For example the UE5 game running on the PS5 in the last demo, Sweeney said it was running at 30 FPS on the PS5. That is because the PS5 GPU is weak, if you compare that to PC a RTX 2080 TI would destroy PS5 easy and run that same game at 60 FPS or more.

But that isn't a fair comparison the 2080 TI is more money than a whole PS5 and few if anybody does buy a 2080 TI. Also Nvidia is already prepping the RTX 3080 GPU for release, this will make the PS5 seem very outdated in no time but such is the cycle of evolution in tech, as time goes buy stuff gets cheaper and better.

I agree PS5 is great to play on a big screen TV sitting on the couch. And it's king when it comes to fighting games but you can also do the exact same thing with a PC. What I am really interested in is the load times, that sh!t is completely next gen it's galactic level you know what 0 load time is? that's insane

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » June 11th, 2020, 11:31 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

PC gaming has it's place, but the PS5 is revolutionary and gaming on a TV with controllers is my preferred way to game.

Tim Sweeney is an utter genius and despite the slightly slower GPU on the PS5, it's a monster machine that will blow away the best current gen PC games.

Can't you connect the PC to a TV and buy a controller for it?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 11:42 am

^ Yeah exactly I mean PC has HDMI ports just like a console, Steam has Big Picture Mode that allows for Full Controller functionality to control everything without the use of a mouse and keyboard

Not to mention a PC can carry ANY wireless controller be it PS4 or Xbox etc

And thanks to Steam's new features any controller works perfectly as it supports Playstation, Xbox, Generic etc

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 11th, 2020, 11:44 am

Like the PC guys were looking for attention by hijacking a PlayStation thread

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 11th, 2020, 11:52 am

Yeeep
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Like the PC guys were looking for attention by hijacking a PlayStation thread

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 11th, 2020, 11:57 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Like the PC guys were looking for attention by hijacking a PlayStation thread

I have a genuine question, trying not to make it sound like a PC question or anything but since you are a console gamer, how do you deal with that nasty screen tearing on console?

I mean on PC you can use a Freesync or G-SYNC monitor and solve the issue once and for all.

But on consoles how do you actually get rid of the nasty screen tearing?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”