Forums

PlayStation 5 PS5

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PlayStation 5

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 17th, 2020, 10:24 am

PS5 getting real flack for its looks, I kinda agree after viewing both PS5 and Series X.

PS5 looks like a alienware design from back in 2005 that would just be a concept art.

Series X looks like a floor standing speaker that you can place next to your Speakers / TV to give everything a better look the series X is by far the best looking design out of all. The PS5 white color also puts it completely out of place with other electronics.

But in some ways you can look at it as a router or a skyscraper, looks are something very subjective. It isn't good or bad but Series X obviously has a vastly superior cooling capacity which is everything in a console given how many PS4 got Blue Light of Death, PS5 is no different. Tiny fans will just cause same jet engine noise as PS4, while SX will be whisper quiet plus the huge cooling space and also SX you can most likely buy after market dust filter and place on it.

I go build an new PC in 2023 when parts become cheaper and power far outpace these consoles for less money.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 18th, 2020, 12:31 am

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 12.31.08 AM.jpg

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 18th, 2020, 8:46 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 12.31.08 AM.jpg

His tech reviews are always the among the best but his design reviews are all pretty predictable. It's always "Yeh it looks cool, I can see how some people may like it, but it should come in a matte black version"

If it was up to him I get the feeling that everything would be matte black with a minimalist design. No doubt that looks good but it's one of the laziest design choices. Personally I like to see people take risks with their designs and try something new. After all, that's what tech is supposed to be about. With that said, I find the looks great. It's clear they no longer want it to "disappear" underneath your TV but stand as a functional ornament on its own. Lying it down on the side just looks weird though, It's good they add that option but that's clearly not the intended orientation.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 18th, 2020, 12:52 pm

Sony knew exactly what they were doing with this design. It is polarizing, no doubt, but everybody talking about it. That kind of mind-share you cannot pay for.

Personally, I like it a whole lot, but the looks become secondary when you fire up them killer exclusives.

I feel is mostly Xbox fanbois frothing up over 'looks'.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 18th, 2020, 1:22 pm

:bday:
Arcmanov wrote:Sony knew exactly what they were doing with this design. It is polarizing, no doubt, but everybody talking about it. That kind of mind-share you cannot pay for.

Personally, I like it a whole lot, but the looks become secondary when you fire up them killer exclusives.

Exactly, I do love it but it does look better in all black. But Sony probably knows that and will release a black nano version maybe 3 years from now.

But it's far far more striking and futuristic than the Xbox series X which suffers from a boring design and confusing name

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 18th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Arcmanov wrote:Sony knew exactly what they were doing with this design. It is polarizing, no doubt, but everybody talking about it. That kind of mind-share you cannot pay for.

Could be, Xbox SX is dead on arrival just like current gen Xbox. They don't make any interesting games, nobody but Americans think Halo is "cool" just another shitty space marine crap cause America is all about military.

Even European Games like Arma 3, Escape from Tarkov and DayZ is vastly superior to anything Americans make in terms of military mind you.

But all in all the xbox fan boys are right about one thing, when you actually place your PS5 next to your nice looking sleek black Entertainment System it looks out of place and kind sh!t. The Series X looks like a missing piece of the electronic equipment and furniture, its quite something with its monolith tower design there has never been anything like this before it's truly something.

Too bad it is a dead platform especially given its way more powerful than the gimped PS5

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 18th, 2020, 1:31 pm

I wouldn't count the XSX out just yet. Microsoft may yet surprise us all with some as yet unheard of killer new IP.

For someone like me though, that is heavily invested in PC gaming, buying a new Xbox is almost redundant anyway, as most of their top tier games will almost always end up getting released on Windows. There's a reason I ended up selling my Xbox One.

I like the XSX's monolithic design as well, but MS have to work MUCH harder to make me actually want one.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » June 18th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Microsoft prolly don't care too much about console sales with game pass being a thing and then xcloud coming eventually

Sony have to step up their game with psnow because is real sheit in comparison

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 18th, 2020, 2:16 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Could be, Xbox SX is dead on arrival just like current gen Xbox. They don't make any interesting games, nobody but Americans think Halo is "cool" just another shitty space marine crap cause America is all about military.

Even European Games like Arma 3, Escape from Tarkov and DayZ is vastly superior to anything Americans make in terms of military mind you.

But all in all the xbox fan boys are right about one thing, when you actually place your PS5 next to your nice looking sleek black Entertainment System it looks out of place and kind sh!t. The Series X looks like a missing piece of the electronic equipment and furniture, its quite something with its monolith tower design there has never been anything like this before it's truly something.

Too bad it is a dead platform especially given its way more powerful than the gimped PS5

Actually I think the PS5 will look sick in my entertainment rack or vertically next to my TV.

Tastes are subjective but let's be perfectly honest about one thing. Sony is going to win this generations console war. PS5 is Sony's cash cow they have A LOT invested in it. MS is a huge company that can afford to have the Xbox fail.

Sony's only mistake this gen is not having a more powerful GPU however that won't matter much given the SSD and if the rumours are true of a $399 launch price of the 1TB Digital model, then come on its inevitable Sony wins, similar scenes to this generation.

But let's wait too see if MS has any exclusives or secrets up their sleeve.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 18th, 2020, 2:25 pm

PS_5 could never be $400 in today's money. iPhones now cost $1000.

2007: iPhone 1 :$499, PS3: $499
2013: iPhone 5s $399, PS4 $399
2020: iPhone 11: $999, PS5: ???

That's the price to expect. It's always on par with the flagship phones of the day.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 18th, 2020, 2:39 pm

[*]
maj. tom wrote:PS_5 could never be $400 in today's money. iPhones now cost $1000.

2007: iPhone 1 :$499, PS3: $499
2013: iPhone 5s $399, PS4 $399
2020: iPhone 11: $999, PS5: ???

That's the price to expect. It's always on par with the flagship phones of the day.

Wait and see, but I don't expect it to be more than $499.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 18th, 2020, 3:08 pm

I dont think the 400-500 estimate is wrong.

It might start off with 3 or 4 versions covering that range.
2 digital versions with different storage (maybe 1TB and 2 TB)

2 Bluray version with same ^ storage options. OR one Bluray version with 1TB.

maj. tom wrote:That's the price to expect. It's always on par with the flagship phones of the day.

PS3 base model was $499 for 20GB and $599 for 60GB
PS3 was a totally new architecture (Cell) with lots of R&D, and even at those prices Sony was still making a loss on each console.
It was estimated to be around $250-300 loss per console, and Sony claimed they started to break even around May 2010
(nearly 4 years later)

Personally I like the white and black contrast, many PC case makers have this option as well.
But I could see it being a problem is if the white start to fade.
Besides, you don't have to settle for Sony stock colors.
PS3/PS4 had many 3rd party skin makers, so I am sure there would be for PS5 as well.

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » June 18th, 2020, 3:32 pm

I hope i dont miss this console gen...

Im not the biggest gamer but to just have that game during its release is pretty cool feeling. Not having it 7-10years later.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 18th, 2020, 6:02 pm

Digital PS5 will cost $400 and Disk version about $450 or so.

Sony and Microsoft doesn't make a profit on these consoles they recover the loss via game sales/licenses and $60 a year subscription.

Problem is in Trinidad you pay 50% Tax on consoles to clear it, so you still come out way better just building a PC and let customs just guess the price of the parts.

Also Consoles still do not have Escape From Tarkov, just an FYI Escape from Tarkov beat Fortnite on Twitch for views.
For those who do not know EFT is a Looter Shooter Military Simulator. You will never play anything like this, weapons can be modded and broken into every small possible piece you can imagine this is more Mil Sim than even what the US military uses to train soldiers. The knowledge you will acquire playing EFT translates into real life. Think you are a "pro" when you get that sweet headshot in Battlefield? from a very long range on a moving target? in Tarkov the Bullets even ricochet off metals in real time, bullet is affected by not just gravity and velocity but also wind, temperature, humidity and curvature of the earth. Battlefield is like barbie doll in comparison, you will quickly realize how fake every other "military" AAA game is.

For all the kids out there who saw the impressive Modern Warfare 2019 reboot with awesome weapon mods and went berserk, guess what? you ain't seen jack sh!t until you see what it really is like in Tarkov

The one thing to consider with EFT it is extremely hard the hardest game you ever have to play there are no magical things on the screen to tell you how much bullets you have left you have to remove thee mag from the gun inspect it and count the bullets manually. Same when you reloading the gun you got to put bullets in the mag first, there is no GPS so you gonna get lost real easy then maybe die cause your skull got fractured from a bullet just 3 seconds before you reached the extraction and lost all your weapons and gear you looted for for days, then toss your entire computer in the labass and dive off your house roof after drinking gramaxone like my UNC neighbor. Yes Tarkov is so hardcore it will do that to you, best game ever made.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 18th, 2020, 6:18 pm

Happy you found a game you like EF, we all love GT7 which is going to be amazing so PS5 for me.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 18th, 2020, 6:37 pm

^ I always dreamed about playing GT with a steering wheel, gear stick and pedal setup in VR.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 18th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:I dont think the 400-500 estimate is wrong.

It might start off with 3 or 4 versions covering that range.
2 digital versions with different storage (maybe 1TB and 2 TB)

2 Bluray version with same ^ storage options. OR one Bluray version with 1TB.

this is a good point.

The digital version ensures all game purchases have to come from Sony directly. Sony takes all that revenue that otherwise would have gone to retailers, used game stores, etc. Might be a huge amount of extra money if all other things remain equal.

Big incentive to subsidize that version as opposed to the blu-ray version.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 18th, 2020, 6:45 pm

I say disc version will be 499, and the digital edition about 449. In this ketch-@$$ time, I doh feel Sony will push their luck north of 500. (I don't want to believe they THAT tone-deaf)

I've seen 'speculation' about 399 for th digital edition, but I think that might be stretching it a bit. It might eventually go down to that, but launch price? I dunno. (Although PS4 launch price was 399 eh)

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 18th, 2020, 7:21 pm

The nice thing about disk is you can sell the game, like who in their right mind paying $100 USD for a new single player game with 20 hours worth of content then just keep it?

Crazy sh!t, I mean on PC games does sell but mainly when its discounted on big Steam Sales etc. Nobody eh really buying them thing for full price cause you can't do jack sh!t with it after.

Some games single player worth it for full price tho, like if it has Steam Workshop or just modding in general which greatly extends the life of the game.

Last gen Sony went full disk version and made fools of microsoft only because Sony knows their playerbase are largely into disk based games, also majority of the ghetto areas in the US only use playstation, the DIGITAL only version of the PS5 makes sense for people like me who don't play single player games and only want 1 or 2 Online Games to last 8 years. Like many people play Street Fighter and that alone every day for a decade so you wasting money on disk based console in that case.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » June 18th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Well I might finally be able to afford ah PS4 now especially if the price drops when the PS5 launches. But that making any sense now seeing how old the console is?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 18th, 2020, 8:43 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The nice thing about disk is you can sell the game, like who in their right mind paying $100 USD for a new single player game with 20 hours worth of content then just keep it?

Crazy sh!t, I mean on PC games does sell but mainly when its discounted on big Steam Sales etc. Nobody eh really buying them thing for full price cause you can't do jack sh!t with it after.

Some games single player worth it for full price tho, like if it has Steam Workshop or just modding in general which greatly extends the life of the game.

Last gen Sony went full disk version and made fools of microsoft only because Sony knows their playerbase are largely into disk based games, also majority of the ghetto areas in the US only use playstation, the DIGITAL only version of the PS5 makes sense for people like me who don't play single player games and only want 1 or 2 Online Games to last 8 years. Like many people play Street Fighter and that alone every day for a decade so you wasting money on disk based console in that case.

The potential problem with the digital edition is that after ~10 to 15 games your HD space has filled up. However, they did talk about downloading levels incrementally and then deleting what you don't need or have finished. So 1GB should be more than fine for a while. Also internet speeds increasing world wide, downloading 10-50gbs is just under an hour wait now.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 20th, 2020, 5:16 am

Case in point... The Last Of Us 2 is 76GB, it took about 3 hrs to download. (Now finish a sweaty 3 hr session dey...time to sleep... ).

The sizes getting so ridiculous now that eventually you will reach a point where you have to pick and choose which games to keep installed.

At least now internet fast enough now you could install or uninstall whichever game as is necessary.

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » June 21st, 2020, 10:49 am

Who sufferin dis?
Luckily i skipped that gen :/
20200613_160729.jpeg
20200613_160729.jpeg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 6668 times

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 21st, 2020, 1:10 pm

even though the PS5 is huge, lots of ppl saying they have no space u see their tv for it standing up so high. Wonder if they know it can be laid flat also

D27E5887-AEAA-4B63-912B-D0E54E03E3E1-3056-000002E798C96FF5.jpg
D27E5887-AEAA-4B63-912B-D0E54E03E3E1-3056-000002E798C96FF5.jpg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 6652 times

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 21st, 2020, 3:37 pm

philliprock wrote:Who sufferin dis?
Luckily i skipped that gen :/
20200613_160729.jpeg
That is a real 1st-world problem.

When you get a console near the end of its 'life-cycle' it's usually at its lowest price, and you have literally thousands of games to choose from...for real cheap too.

If not for COVID19, now might have been the best time to buy a PS4 yes.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 21st, 2020, 6:58 pm

Last of Us 2 get real bad reviews I not sure why

It was blamed on them going full SJW tho, have you noticed this? is the Woke SJW situation in TLOU2 really as bad as reviewers make it out to be?

sharkmouth
Trinituner Peong

Postby sharkmouth » June 21st, 2020, 6:59 pm

That Ps5 is hideous,it looks like a large ice cream sandwich.I will have to wait for another version.Looks like the designers were using the same drugs Death Stranding developers used

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » June 21st, 2020, 7:18 pm

sharkmouth wrote:That Ps5 is hideous,it looks like a large ice cream sandwich.I will have to wait for another version.Looks like the designers were using the same drugs Death Stranding developers used

i wanna eat that ice cream sandwich tho

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 21st, 2020, 7:24 pm

Arcmanov wrote:
philliprock wrote:Who sufferin dis?
Luckily i skipped that gen :/20200613_160729.jpeg
That is a real 1st-world problem.

When you get a console near the end of its 'life-cycle' it's usually at its lowest price, and you have literally thousands of games to choose from...for real cheap too.

If not for COVID19, now might have been the best time to buy a PS4 yes.

I buy a PS4 at the end of 2018 and it was at a bess price, so many games were cheap and now it's even better. Plus PS4 games still look amazing so I dont see any issues here

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 21st, 2020, 10:29 pm

PS4 games are at that point of "Good enough"

It uses a 8 core jaguar CPU from AMD a crappy tablet CPU but it works, the GPU was REALLY good it is a HD 7870 video card with pretty much 8GB GDDR5 RAM. Prior console only had 0.5GB RAM

PS5 games look barely any better than PS4 because as we speak 95% of Developers out there still do not have the budget to make games with the graphical fedelity to take full advantage of the PS4 hardware

Cause the PS4 hardware is "good enough" this means it looks almost real so you don't need much better than that.

Same reason 40% of Steam Gamers use 4 Core CPU i5 from like 10 years ago and they never upgraded cause it's good enough.

Problem with console is the sh!tty 30 FPS but PS5 just might solve that problem I know Series X certainly will, when console gamers are exposed to 120 FPS @ 120HZ then they will know what they have been missing out these last 10 years. When allyuh see 120 FPS on that PS5 then allyuh go see how much dog sh!t 30 FPS is

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”