Re: WTK: Let's Talk (Phone Store)

Postby K74T » June 7th, 2020, 11:23 am

RizTech?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » June 7th, 2020, 4:17 pm

K74T wrote:RizTech?
Wondering the same now. Can anyone confirm?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 7th, 2020, 10:36 pm

NR8 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
nemisis wrote:Don't waste your money. A guy I know bought his girl a phone for Christmas. Stopped turning on boxing day so he carry it back they kept it two weeks and then told him that it had water damage so its not their problem. Gave him back his device with a broken screen and back. When he queried why his brand new phone which didn't have a scratch when it came in in which a condition they claimed that the glass has to be broken In order to diagnose. He called consumer affairs and made a report to the police station nothing to show for it since. $5000 down the drain. The justification given for saying it had water damage btw was a battery sticker being pink. But who can say if that didn't happen when their "crack" technician wasn't f*ing up the screen because he didn't properly melt the adhesive or from having it exposed for two weeks to our humidity...

Tech open his own place in Princess Town now (after ripping off said store of lots and lots of $$$$).

I see real people rating it up so i'd be very careful.

Haven't got a death threat in a few months so it long overdue.

PM me pls. Been checking out some deals at a PTown store a while now. Wondering if is the same place.

message sent.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » June 7th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
SMc wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I bought all my phones from Let's Talk and they are very good at what they do, sell brand new items cheaper than anybody else.

Problem is my S7 Edge came with Verizon Bloatware, but after using a Note 10+ Recently in courts and seeing how that filthy trash does LAG just like every Samsung phone.

I won't be making that mistake again, I will be buying a phone without all the nasty bloat, next time is a Iphone SE 2 or a One Plus 7, PHONE without the nasty annoying bloatware

I am still shocked to see how that nasty Note 10+ does lag when it wakes up, I probably shouldn't be shocked all these nasty Android phones does do that. You never ever see Iphone or One Plus or Google Pixel phones lag so stink and nasty

I tort the One Plus and Pixel were android?

American carriers install software that cannot be removed without rooting in excess of the stock android.
Oneplus and Pixel would be pure Android or close to pure.

I bought an ATT LG V20 a few years ago and there were around 9 apps I could not remove. Some were on the bigger side but in the absence of being able to delete I disabled and put in background.

Android phones with carrier bloatware can usually be solved by manually flashing a ROM that doesn't have any bloatware

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » June 9th, 2020, 1:14 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Haven't got a death threat in a few months so it long overdue.

:lol:

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » August 26th, 2020, 11:29 pm

kerwinishere wrote:
viedcht wrote:Got a few handsets from them, never had any issues so far. might take some weeks to get here tho. Why not try ordering online (amazon/Samsung store)

I forgot the reason why I'm most skeptical. In general the phone sells for around USD$1000 but they sell it for $850 (fully landed cost). Was just wondering if it was too good to be true.
Annotation 2020-06-04 185912.png

WOW!!!!...it seems that i am not the only one skeptical about this phone store..i went into the trincity branch today and enquired about the prices...the s10 for example is almost $1000 cheaper than Roc Boyz and Tiitan Procument...even the s20 and the s20+ are WAY!!!....WAY!!!...WAY!!!...cheaper than Roc Boyz and Titan...
it either one of two thing...
1) Lets Talk is washing money or
2) They are selling knock offs handsets or refurbished

(IT WAS REALLY TO GOOD TO BE TRUE or IS IT?.....

They hands down have the best prices on handsets but the price difference is very worrying especially seeing that they are even selling cheaper than the official Samsung store online in the USA...

ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON TO WHY? HOW? they are able to do that..

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » August 27th, 2020, 6:46 am

either reselling refurbished or repaired phones.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 9:20 am

https://www.imei.info/

Not guaranteed but it can show some helpful info:
Check the phone blacklist status first, then check the warranty status.
The warranty will show when it was activated.
It may show up if it's listed as refurbished.

Then there's an app that supposed to show similar details.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... o&hl=en_US

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » August 27th, 2020, 9:37 am

Bought a phone from them. Used above website to check it out. Everything checks out good. Never had any issues with phone 2 years now.
maj. tom wrote:https://www.imei.info/

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » August 27th, 2020, 7:04 pm

That's some good info....Only problem is that you would need to have the phone in hand to check the status using any of the two methods mentioned above....

By that time you would have paid them for the phone in full and if it turns out to be a knock off/refurbished/repaired phone that they are selling under the disguise of that will be like Pandora's Box...

Everyone knows how local resellers react when they have to do refunds etc...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Before you buy, you must power on the phone and check if it working.
Tell them you want to check the IMEI. If they refuse, walk away. Why would anyone refuse this?

Check the IMEI in the Settings>>About
OR
Dial *#06#

Use your own phone to check the website. Or there must be a device in the store connected to the internet on demo.
Lastly, if a place selling phones giving you bad gut feelings like this, just walk away. There are plenty other places whose reputation are above question.

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » August 27th, 2020, 9:07 pm

maj. tom wrote:Before you buy, you must power on the phone and check if it working.
Tell them you want to check the IMEI. If they refuse, walk away. Why would anyone refuse this?

Check the IMEI in the Settings>>About
OR
Dial *#06#

Use your own phone to check the website. Or there must be a device in the store connected to the internet on demo.
Lastly, if a place selling phones giving you bad gut feelings like this, just walk away. There are plenty other places whose reputation are above question.

That's the thing....When I went to Trincity, they don't have any samsung phones in stock...The guy said you have to order it and it will take 7-14 days to reach the store...There are two ways to order..

1) They can use their credit cards to order and give them the TT equivalent and at collection of the phone...BUT..the guy said it because of the US currency situation in Trinidad it will take almost a week to order...
2) I could use my credit card and order on the stop..

you could see the adherent problems with each..

I just want to cover all my bases and make an informed decision..so i wont have anything to regret in the future..LOL...

and maybe this forum can help future buyers as well..

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 27th, 2020, 9:17 pm

A relative ordered from Let's Talk last month and got the phone earlier this month. Used this link and everything checked out.

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » August 27th, 2020, 9:25 pm

NR8 wrote:

A relative ordered from Let's Talk last month and got the phone earlier this month. Used this link and everything checked out.

That is some good news...were they able to verify if it was refurbished/repaired or used?

Catastrophist
Street 2NR

Postby Catastrophist » August 27th, 2020, 10:56 pm

i thought everyone knew lets talk sold refurbished phones

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » August 27th, 2020, 11:17 pm

Catastrophist wrote:i thought everyone knew lets talk sold refurbished phones

They are saying the samsung phones are brand new...that is the concern...

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 28th, 2020, 6:43 am

rb25 wrote:
NR8 wrote:

That is some good news...were they able to verify if it was refurbished/repaired or used?
Can't verify that but it says 1 yr warranty
20200828_064210.jpeg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 28th, 2020, 7:05 am

Local warranty is only for Latin spec phones.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 28th, 2020, 10:11 am

The refurbish phones and general consumer electronics business in T&T that passing off used items as brand new products is actually booming and highly alarming. These fly-by-night trinituner and other local sellers will never get my money for the very said reasons and concerns mentioned here. Some will never learn because you're slaves to the hype of wanting the latest, greatest techy stuff but mostly remain a sufferer as a result and you end up purchasing sheit. But is alluh money so spend it as you see fit!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 28th, 2020, 10:55 am

^ Once sellers advertise their product as refurbished and not try to pass it off as BNIB items I don't see an issue.

Me personally I like new so I go down in brand each time I change phones, so currently using a Xiaomi. But ah mean once people want to buy refurbished Samsungs and Apples let them.

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » August 28th, 2020, 1:09 pm

+1 for ordering off their site and receiving a brand new phone.
Ordered a xiaomi mi10 lite (may 2020) model. Don`t know how his prices are that good but no complaints here.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 29th, 2020, 12:55 am

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 3 years old and going strong. Paid $1,500. for it. Not me and a Chinese branded phone nah!

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » August 29th, 2020, 2:59 am

The specs on a mid level xiaomi far superior to anything from Samsung midspec.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 29th, 2020, 6:06 am

That's because as a Johnny come lately brand, they need a strategy to capture sales (car example is Kia...the cars dont spy on you but they're absolute sheit and to capture sales they give you above avg features for the class).

Those handsets are basically data collection devices on behalf of the CCP. I just refreshed my info on them with a simple Google search and many articles are alarming! It ain't just Huawei alone apparently...
rollingstock wrote:The specs on a mid level xiaomi far superior to anything from Samsung midspec.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 29th, 2020, 9:35 am

Most Xiaomi phones with good specs come with in-app ads, to offer reasonable prices. That can be switched off now as I've read.

Not a big deal if Huawei spying... is not like I have tings to hide

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 29th, 2020, 10:08 am

agent007 wrote:That's because as a Johnny come lately brand, they need a strategy to capture sales (car example is Kia...the cars dont spy on you but they're absolute sheit and to capture sales they give you above avg features for the class).

Those handsets are basically data collection devices on behalf of the CCP. I just refreshed my info on them with a simple Google search and many articles are alarming! It ain't just Huawei alone apparently...
rollingstock wrote:The specs on a mid level xiaomi far superior to anything from Samsung midspec.
Xiaomi is one of the most popular brands (#4) in the world.

Samsung and LG also outsource many of their second tier handsets to Vietnamese, Indian, Brazilian and Chinese manufacturers. But design, quality control and software stays mostly South Korean.

------------

Xiaomi is one of China's earlier homegrown success stories. Founded in 2010, Xiaomi, which was once widely ridiculed for blatantly copying Apple, has matured into one of China's domestic champions, shipping more than 124 million phones in 2019 in more than 90 countries worldwide. 

For many years, Xiaomi's not-so-secret weapon has been selling quality phones at near cost. It has even released a $100 phone. This low-margin strategy has helped Xiaomi cultivate a loyal fan base, especially in price-sensitive countries in Asia like India, where its slick Android phones often sell out within hours of release. 

Xiaomi generates most of its revenue from selling phones, but recurring revenue from the sale of software and services that ride on its phone allow the Beijing-based company to sell its handsets for cheap. It also sells a portfolio of its own smart products to help boost its brand. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/your-guide-ch ... oppo-vivo/
Last edited by adnj on August 29th, 2020, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » August 29th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Bought my previous 2 phones and current one, a ZTE ZMAX2, a Nokia X5 and a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro from Let's Talk. All phones came new in box and never gave any problems. Kept each for 2 years. 6 months with Note 8 Pro and no complaints.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » August 29th, 2020, 9:57 pm

So what letstalk basically does is bring in phones from the cheapest production market. This is usually india, malaysia or another asian country. They have a main base in miami and basically skybox the orders to trinidad when you pay for it. They're new phones, for the most part. Kinda like what Ansa does with their cars.

Knock on wood though, anytime I couldn't find a phone I liked, I always end up there and get something reasonable. All the phones I've bought there still work. And props to them carrying good phones that aren't samsung or apple.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » August 29th, 2020, 10:18 pm

I've only bought 1 product there and that was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and It still works, never had a problem, I still use it as my basic e-reader, youtube browser and alarm clock.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 30th, 2020, 6:38 pm

Please go back America....

Oh no wait u is ah freaking trini and (according to the learned person) .... An idiot
agent007 wrote:That's because as a Johnny come lately brand, they need a strategy to capture sales (car example is Kia...the cars dont spy on you but they're absolute sheit and to capture sales they give you above avg features for the class).

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”