Future of Caribbean Airlines

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Future of Caribbean Airlines

Postby De Dragon » May 26th, 2021, 9:27 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

This happens in any organization where politics is heavily involved.

How many of us here pull a little string to get a job for ourselves or family members?

Ent Trinis always “know somebody”?

If you were an MP, and there was one good position available with 100 competent applicants…would you get your loving determined under qualified daughter/son in?

Let’s stop beating up over the things we cannot change….it’s annoying i agree but we cannot change it, and if it does change, it would have been nothing you did or said and definitely not in your timing.

I disagree strongly, because what this means is that some deserving person equally, or better qualified with experience was denied a job. Of course this assumes that there was a job designing missile systems and aircraft at CAL :roll: but you get my point.
Then to further compound the idiocy of the situation, these dummies end up in management positions where the wreak havoc through their incompetence and "yuh eh kno' who's me orr?" stink attitude.
If Small Imps so qualified, why not apply to companies that actually have Aerospace Engineer vacancies like Boeing, Airbus or Lockheed-Martin?
All dumbos like Tunts7 know to do is apologize for everything LFD RFD PNM does, ALL the time, every time, even at the expense of their already miniscule credibility and shame.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 26th, 2021, 11:12 pm

De Dragon wrote:

How many of us here pull a little string to get a job for ourselves or family members?

If you were an MP, and there was one good position available with 100 competent applicants…would you get your loving determined under qualified daughter/son in?

Let’s stop beating up over the things we cannot change….it’s annoying i agree but we cannot change it, and if it does change, it would have been nothing you did or said and definitely not in your timing.

I disagree strongly, because what this means is that some deserving person equally, or better qualified with experience was denied a job. Of course this assumes that there was a job designing missile systems and aircraft at CAL :roll: but you get my point.
Then to further compound the idiocy of the situation, these dummies end up in management positions where the wreak havoc through their incompetence and "yuh eh kno' who's me orr?" stink attitude.
If Small Imps so qualified, why not apply to companies that actually have Aerospace Engineer vacancies like Boeing, Airbus or Lockheed-Martin?
All dumbos like Tunts7 know to do is apologize for everything LFD RFD PNM does, ALL the time, every time, even at the expense of their already miniscule credibility and shame.
Up to now poster Habit7 can't explain the position created for pnm colm son

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 26th, 2021, 11:43 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Yeh i can agree with this as well, but sometimes you need to use contacts.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 27th, 2021, 1:05 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

But would you stubbornly try to deny that the use of contacts happened? Sure you might personally be a little embarrassed that you couldn't get through on your own qualifications, merit or talent, but to dotishly deny that somebody else, who couldn't give a fart about you btw, did it?
That's some next level cult slavishness there.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 27th, 2021, 6:55 am

De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

But would you stubbornly try to deny that the use of contacts happened? Sure you might personally be a little embarrassed that you couldn't get through on your own qualifications, merit or talent, but to dotishly deny that somebody else, who couldn't give a fart about you btw, did it?
The point is it is all corruption when a Ministers son gets a job created for him. For poster MaxPower to come out with this shows he's into white colour crime.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 27th, 2021, 7:03 am

Kickstart wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

The point is it is all corruption when a Ministers son gets a job created for him. For poster MaxPower to come out with this shows he's into white colour crime.

Tunts7 says its only nepotism when Kamla's sister is/was involved, which ironically almost mirrors what Small Impsy was gifted by Big Impsy :roll:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 27th, 2021, 7:05 am

Kickstart wrote:The point is it is all corruption when a Ministers son gets a job created for him. For poster MaxPower to come out with this shows he's into white colour crime.

Good Morning Zoom.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 27th, 2021, 8:03 am

De Dragon wrote:But would you stubbornly try to deny that the use of contacts happened? Sure you might personally be a little embarrassed that you couldn't get through on your own qualifications, merit or talent, but to dotishly deny that somebody else, who couldn't give a fart about you btw, did it?

Ok, me personally would not use contacts to get a job if there are others applying. It is quite embarrassing, qualified or not, to get something you did not genuinely work hard for. Worse yet if it is a promotion position and you jump the line and have to work along side with those waiting or who really deserved the position. That, i just cannot do and honestly it’s disgusting.

Let me ask you or anyone this honestly. If your son/daughter is job hunting after studying in their career field, and they wish to apply for a job that many others want, would you make the call or ask the favor if you were in a high position?

^ In this case, there are ways i would do things. Would i make the call? Yes i would. But it would not be for a job that jumps seniors waiting to be promoted or create a position. It has to be an entry level position where they can work hard and prove themselves and not have the daddy’s boy/girl mentality AND they must ace the interview. Even though HR already knows who they’re hiring, i would want my son/daughter to show the panel that out of all the applicants, they did the best or at least made it to the top 3.

Anyways so let’s say young Imbert applied and got through on his own, you think anyone would believe his father did not help him?

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 27th, 2021, 8:16 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:But would you stubbornly try to deny that the use of contacts happened? Sure you might personally be a little embarrassed that you couldn't get through on your own qualifications, merit or talent, but to dotishly deny that somebody else, who couldn't give a fart about you btw, did it?

Ok, me personally would not use contacts to get a job if there are others applying. It is quite embarrassing, qualified or not, to get something you did not genuinely work hard for. Worse yet if it is a promotion position and you jump the line and have to work along side with those waiting or who really deserved the position. That, i just cannot do and honestly it’s disgusting.

Let me ask you or anyone this honestly. If your son/daughter is job hunting after studying in their career field, and they wish to apply for a job that many others want, would you make the call or ask the favor if you were in a high position?

^ In this case, there are ways i would do things. Would i make the call? Yes i would. But it would not be for a job that jumps seniors waiting to be promoted or create a position. It has to be an entry level position where they can work hard and prove themselves and not have the daddy’s boy/girl mentality AND they must ace the interview. Even though HR already knows who they’re hiring, i would want my son/daughter to show the panel that out of all the applicants, they did the best or at least made it to the top 3.

Anyways so let’s say young Imbert applied and got through on his own, you think anyone would believe his father did not help him?
Colm son is one of many PNM links that gets jobs in the back door and in their back passage. These parasites cannot get a real job on their own merit. What it worse that a job was created for him which takes some planning and resources which Cal is limited too. Anyone that supports Colm son supports white colour crime.

Max you are corrupted just the same as with PNM by you trying to reason the support for Colm son.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 27th, 2021, 8:20 am

Max...you sure you living in Trinidad. Nepotism is how things are run. In the public service is only link ups getting the jobs... Family, friends and PNM party cards. Big positions are created out of nothing for jobs with no duties and salaries are cut by Govt to pay. That happened right after the 2015 election. And again after the 2020 election. It also happened in UNC time after the 2010 election.

Airports authority and CAL are the cesspool for nepotism especially for positions at the highest levels.

MaxPower wrote:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 27th, 2021, 8:31 am

Kickstart wrote:Colm son is one of many PNM links that gets jobs in the back door and in their back passage. These parasites cannot get a real job on their own merit. What it worse that a job was created for him which takes some planning and resources which Cal is limited too. Anyone that supports Colm son supports white colour crime.

Max you are corrupted just the same as with PNM by you trying to reason the support for Colm son.

Zoom,

I am not supporting the manner in which Colm helped his son.

I mentioned before i do not believe in creating a position and stressing the system.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Future of Caribbean Airlines

Postby MaxPower » May 27th, 2021, 9:03 am

Gladiator wrote:Max...you sure you living in Trinidad. Nepotism is how things are run. In the public service is only link ups getting the jobs... Family, friends and PNM party cards. Big positions are created out of nothing for jobs with no duties and salaries are cut by Govt to pay. That happened right after the 2015 election. And again after the 2020 election. It also happened in UNC time after the 2010 election.

Airports authority and CAL are the cesspool for nepotism especially for positions at the highest levels.

Yeh bro, born and grow up here, still here.

Absolutely correct.

And how are we as citizens to deal with Nepotism?

Sit there and take it?

Get left behind and possibly wait for years as the situation gets worse?

We study so hard, are the most deserving and overly qualified……we need that job to start a family, apply quietly, and someone else pulls a string and gets the job? And we are to sit and wait for the next time around? Na man yuh hadda get in that fight Unfortunately.

Being proud and having an unassisted achievement is one of the best feelings in life, but it can also cost you time and lost opportunities in your career if you do not make some calls in some instances.

We should not have to use contacts, but you made it very clear the times we are living in.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 27th, 2021, 9:38 am

MaxPower wrote:
Kickstart wrote:Colm son is one of many PNM links that gets jobs in the back door and in their back passage. These parasites cannot get a real job on their own merit. What it worse that a job was created for him which takes some planning and resources which Cal is limited too. Anyone that supports Colm son supports white colour crime.

Zoom,

I mentioned before i do not believe in creating a position and stressing the system.
I not Zoomy, anyone that does not agree with PNM is zoom ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » May 27th, 2021, 9:59 am

Ok whats the expectation here that no family of a Minister is allowed to work for the Govt?

How long before and or after the time in office- Is there a minimum time in office?
Can I serve in Nat Sec if my old man in Education?
This include opposition??

Are willing to be we penalizing a citizen-for the actions of another person?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 27th, 2021, 10:40 am

Kickstart wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

I not Zoomy, anyone that does not agree with PNM is zoom ?

Bro,

You are Zoom.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 13th, 2021, 6:39 pm

6461961[1].jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 13th, 2021, 8:19 pm

^^^ Awaits to see which red government minsters and agents got kick backs for that over priced tin can

Tax payers money jumping at a lost again

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 13th, 2021, 9:13 pm

Redman wrote:Ok whats the expectation here that no family of a Minister is allowed to work for the Govt?

How long before and or after the time in office- Is there a minimum time in office?
Can I serve in Nat Sec if my old man in Education?
This include opposition??

Are willing to be we penalizing a citizen-for the actions of another person?

If you did the hard work, studied and got your qualifications? No.
If you have a degree for a position which doesn't exist AND which after a mere 2 years you leave to do a totally unrelated law degree while remaining an employee?? Fack Yeah!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 21st, 2021, 12:15 pm

Caribbean Airlines says the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in about US$25.7M in losses for the first quarter of 2021.
CAL to retrench workers, with about 450 positions to be affected across entire CAL network.

E4aoz99XIA46zul.jpg

https://twitter.com/AnselmGibbs/status/ ... 414?s=1006

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2021, 5:45 pm

they retrenching people when we about to reopen the borders?

did they need all those workers from the border closure to now? if they didnt, then they should have cut that staff, at least furloughed them, until things pick back up.

i can remember them getting subsidised for the lock down, and i said to let it bounce its losses adn shut down. then was told that we have to give them money to maintain routes. my argument is that we not going to fly any where any time soon so might as well ground the fleet and let some other airline take up the slack, or at least trim every one except maintenance to do normal down maintenance.
when things pick back up, then try to regain the routes.

if u could shut down petrotrin cause its a cash flow problem, then shut this one down too.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2021, 5:47 pm

sMASH wrote:they retrenching people when we about to reopen the borders?

did they need all those workers from the border closure to now? if they didnt, then they should have cut that staff, at least furloughed them, until things pick back up.

i can remember them getting subsidised for the lock down, and i said to let it bounce its losses adn shut down. then was told that we have to give them money to maintain routes. my argument is that we not going to fly any where any time soon so might as well ground the fleet and let some other airline take up the slack, or at least trim every one except maintenance to do normal down maintenance.

if u could shut down petrotrin cause its a cash flow problem, then shut this one down too.

Hope they LIFO when they retrench.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2021, 6:01 pm

imburt jr seeing about his pappy's buildings, so they might be allowed to do that now.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 21st, 2021, 6:19 pm

presha :(

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » June 21st, 2021, 6:37 pm

sMASH wrote:did they need all those workers from the border closure to now? if they didnt, then they should have cut that staff, at least furloughed them, until things pick back up.

Then you would have people whining, calling them evil for cutting peoples jobs in the midst of a pandemic and rolling lockdowns. They went the route of doing the opposite even though it costed a great deal of money, because the government was footing the bill.

sMASH wrote:i can remember them getting subsidised for the lock down, and i said to let it bounce its losses adn shut down. then was told that we have to give them money to maintain routes. my argument is that we not going to fly any where any time soon so might as well ground the fleet and let some other airline take up the slack, or at least trim every one except maintenance to do normal down maintenance.

They did get bailed out by the government actually, government even took up the debts that CAL was unable to repay because there was no revenue.

sMASH wrote:if u could shut down petrotrin cause its a cash flow problem, then shut this one down too.

Those 2 things are not even close to being the same situation. The CAL situation over the past year was nothing compared to the debt + bleeding of money by Petrotrin on an annual basis. There was a clear future for CAL's business once borders could be reopened (remember, their losses over the past year was solely because of covid), meanwhile there was no future for petrotrin, the way it was being ran - it was absolutely unsustainable and almost criminal that it was allowed to exist for that long in that state.

And my own personal opinion: CAL is one of those things we absolutely cannot allow to go out of business, regardless of how much corruption it has at the moment
Last edited by i_code_and_stuff on June 21st, 2021, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 21st, 2021, 6:43 pm

I hope CAL does not make the same mistake AA made in underestimating future demand for air travel when our border reopens.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2021, 6:56 pm

sending home workers for an airline when people wasnt flying seems like a logical thing. and rowley them boasted that they had measures to upkeep terminated workers, so they would not ahve been out in the cold.

but understand the irony: when borders and flights are tipped to reopen, they are terminating. but when borders were closed, they kept that staff and that cost.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » June 21st, 2021, 6:57 pm

Caribbean Airlines have a future?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 21st, 2021, 6:59 pm

once govt keep writing off debts, off course.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2021, 7:01 pm

i_code_and_stuff wrote:
sMASH wrote:did they need all those workers from the border closure to now? if they didnt, then they should have cut that staff, at least furloughed them, until things pick back up.

Then you would have people whining, calling them evil for cutting peoples jobs in the midst of a pandemic and rolling lockdowns. They went the route of doing the opposite even though it costed a great deal of money, because the government was footing the bill.

sMASH wrote:i can remember them getting subsidised for the lock down, and i said to let it bounce its losses adn shut down. then was told that we have to give them money to maintain routes. my argument is that we not going to fly any where any time soon so might as well ground the fleet and let some other airline take up the slack, or at least trim every one except maintenance to do normal down maintenance.

They did get bailed out by the government actually, government even took up the debts that CAL was unable to repay because there was no revenue.

sMASH wrote:if u could shut down petrotrin cause its a cash flow problem, then shut this one down too.

Those 2 things are not even close to being the same situation. The CAL situation over the past year was nothing compared to the debt + bleeding of money by Petrotrin on an annual basis. There was a clear future for CAL's business once borders could be reopened (remember, their losses over the past year was solely because of covid), meanwhile there was no future for petrotrin, the way it was being ran - it was absolutely unsustainable and almost criminal that it was allowed to exist for that long in that state.

And my own personal opinion: CAL is one of those things we absolutely cannot allow to go out of business, regardless of how much corruption it has at the moment

I don't think this GORTT gives a damn.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 21st, 2021, 7:06 pm

These excuses for corruption and incompetence past ridiculous. They do provide a good laugh though so carry on.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”