Forums

Future of Caribbean Airlines

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Future of Caribbean Airlines

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2022, 3:23 am

st7 wrote:not the same as in lazy, but you beyotch online a lot as you sit back and wait for change while criticizing everyone... much like the trinis you despise.

write a letter to the editor, to CAL, to somebody. i've rarely encountered the level of unprofessionalism you described at the airport. so either the entire airport on sheit or you are, and i have a strong suspicion it's the latter.

You need to travel a little more, going Tobago only doesn’t count with your oh so frequent flyer self. Keep trying for your visa then we could talk experiences.

Stop whining now.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 25th, 2022, 3:58 am

MaxPower wrote:IMG_8945.JPGTrinis doing what they do best.9Y-CAL

Is this one of the new Max's? Nah, man.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 25th, 2022, 5:29 am

bluefete wrote:

Yes, and the business class was worse than the rest of the entire plane. It's almost as if they tried to be as stink as possible.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 25th, 2022, 7:16 am

On a side note, any of you guys ever went to the Himalayas? Planning on making the trek before my arse gets too old

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 25th, 2022, 7:45 am

timelapse wrote:On a side note, any of you guys ever went to the Himalayas? Planning on making the trek before my arse gets too old

Look up harald baldr treking up the Himalays on youtube .

He shows you have to do it .

You have to like Dhal and rice if u want to do this trip cause thats what they eat up there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGsSRZaukf4

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2022, 8:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Yes, and the business class was worse than the rest of the entire plane. It's almost as if they tried to be as stink as possible.

SMH

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 25th, 2022, 8:56 am

zoom rader wrote:
timelapse wrote:On a side note, any of you guys ever went to the Himalayas? Planning on making the trek before my arse gets too old

Look up harald baldr treking up the Himalays on youtube .

He shows you have to do it .

You have to like Dhal and rice if u want to do this trip cause thats what they eat up there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGsSRZaukf4
I actually really like dhal and rice with bud peppa

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 25th, 2022, 10:33 am

MaxPower wrote:
st7 wrote:not the same as in lazy, but you beyotch online a lot as you sit back and wait for change while criticizing everyone... much like the trinis you despise.

write a letter to the editor, to CAL, to somebody. i've rarely encountered the level of unprofessionalism you described at the airport. so either the entire airport on sheit or you are, and i have a strong suspicion it's the latter.

You need to travel a little more, going Tobago only doesn’t count with your oh so frequent flyer self. Keep trying for your visa then we could talk experiences.

Stop whining now.

i cri by you using projecting as an insult

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 25th, 2022, 10:43 am

st7 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Stop whining now.

i cri by you using projecting as an insult

Stop working yourself up st7. Yuh cant let the views of others keep bothering you like this.

But I’m flattered by you following me around.

Cute.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 26th, 2022, 2:16 pm

Guys, I’m seeing a CAL MAX 8 flying in from Boeing Air Field, Seattle. Another brand new aircraft coming in to Piarco. Have your cameras ready!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 26th, 2022, 5:24 pm

agent007 wrote:Guys, I’m seeing a CAL MAX 8 flying in from Boeing Air Field, Seattle. Another brand new aircraft coming in to Piarco. Have your cameras ready!

Yeh toppy i reckon it’s 9Y-BAH.

Im guessing Bahamas as we fly to Nassau?

Oh btw, my MP for Point Fortin, Commander Kennedy Richards was one of the pilots. Surely a man of talent.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 3:25 pm

db2bb80e-7a51-4e22-82ab-8577461fcf48.jpg

Since when CAL or any airline in this world has pink filthy looking bed sheets?

Crystal Constantine needs to stop stealing food off the plane after her shift.

Really don’t know where these sufferers come out from.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 3:29 pm

MaxPower wrote:db2bb80e-7a51-4e22-82ab-8577461fcf48.jpg

Only self loathing grease tub Caxxos would draw this conclusion. :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 3:30 pm

MaxPower wrote:db2bb80e-7a51-4e22-82ab-8577461fcf48.jpg

Only self loathing grease tub Caxxos would draw this conclusion. :roll:
If was an illegal Vene, hw would be fully in dotish agreement though :roll:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 23rd, 2022, 3:39 pm

^ slow it down Fagon.

Your hand is shaking too much causing you to double post. Try taking a deep breath and edit one post at a time.

Speak to me when you pull yourself together

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 23rd, 2022, 3:44 pm

MaxPower wrote:^ slow it down Fagon.

Your hand is shaking too much causing you to double post. Try taking a deep breath and edit one post at a time.

Lol. DeFag thinking about Barrie from P Town and getting excited. Poor soul

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 23rd, 2022, 3:46 pm

If it not making money shut it tf down.

Same rationale as with the refinery.

They pump millions into it in the pandemic when nobody was flying.

Then fire workers when the air space was now resuming...
Running the business with they bottom.

The airline is like ttt, just a vanity project excuse to drain the treasury.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 4:10 pm

randolphinshan wrote:

Lol. DeFag thinking about Barrie from P Town and getting excited. Poor soul

It's a good thing we seldom see your dotish face here too much anymore.
If you looking for man boolas man, look to your beloved LFD RFD PNM scarf gang

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2022, 4:11 pm

Well the enormity of your jackarse post requires 2 replies :lol:

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 23rd, 2022, 6:43 pm

I also tried the meal service and it was not worth it. It's a bite size snack and depending on what you choose can be up to $12. USD. All passengers still get a sandwich wrap as standard though.

The meals are not a consistent menu so it changes very frequently. It can be one thing today but something completely different tomorrow.

I see the kids meal is the same (chicken tenders with wedges for $12.40 USD), this is what my child got. My wife and I had noodles, sweet and sour chicken with vegetables for around the same $12. USD.

For those who want to know how much the doubles cost, its $5.60 USD and the Bake n shark is $10.10 USD. I see they have sada roti and alloo now for $11.30 USD and pancakes with some sausages for $12.40 USD.

As for the new Boeing 737 Max8 aircraft itself? I'm not sure what was going on with our going and return flights, but it was rough. The turbulence made the flight highly uncomfortable (this delayed the meal and beverage service) and the engine noise was still loud as we've grown accustomed with all turbofan engines especially paired in the prior 737-NG line.

So the marketing hype of the aircraft being smoother and quieter are all lies based on those 2 flights I had. It may be more sophisticated from the flight deck's perspective, but otherwise, the flying experience is the same as the NG's of before.

The seats are all fake leather now and lacks any kind of support. Picture it this way, if you want to know how flying feels (economy class), just sit in the backseat of a Wingroad/AD Van Y11 from Icacos Pt and head to Matelot. You will come out searching for some gravol and feeling very fatigued thereafter.

I also tried out Economy plus (CAL calls it Caribbean plus) on the return leg...pun intended, where knee room was slightly better. Unfortunately no screens for you though. Those display screens are reserved for first class only and they don't need to pay for food cause it comes standard.

If you want entertainment or to know your flight position, make sure to download the Caribbean Airlines app before entering the aircraft. Your wifi should be on to look for Caribbean View and once you connect, just click launch and it will take you to a web page. Or I think it's caribbean-view.com you can punch in directly from your browser. You will see the menu for movies and flight status at that point. No headsets are provided whether complimentary or for sale. No blankets are provided either...so if you think you would feel cold, arm yourself accordingly. The movie most passengers seemed to be enjoying was the new Matrix.

No need to search and fight for a power socket in the airport though as each seat in the aircraft has its own USB port. No fast charging detected though. Your device can be secured via a fold down bracket behind each seat. Charging ports are activated only when the aircraft either passes 10,000ft or arrives at its 35,000ft cruising altitude. Can't remember which right now.

I did not use any headset but based on my trip to the lavatory, I would say Beats outnumbered bose by a ratio of 3:1. I'm impressed trinis take their listening experience so seriously as I knew from the onset that I won't find another sennheiser user up there.

An appreciated appeal of the Max8 is that regardless which class you choose, there's no more fabric seats. In the night, while cruising the LED ambient lighting system with its change of colors was a nice touch, it's like it came straight from a Mercedes Benz C-Class.

Final rant are the luggage fees. Whether traveling plus or economy, you have to pay to check in all luggage. Only first class gives you allowances for the first 2 I think.

If anyone here flown the Embraer E-190 I think it was on Copa Airlines to Panama, then don't worry too much. My CAL experience was still better than that flight from a stability pov. My goodness, that Embraer we used felt like a B11 Sunny with a wheel alignment and shocks problem from the minute it took off.

The Airbus equivalent to the Boeing 737 Max would be the A321 Neo. I recall an experience I had with that aircraft being smooth like butter from takeoff to landing.

If only France could have made their automobiles like they did their aircrafts eh but I digress.
Last edited by agent007 on May 23rd, 2022, 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 23rd, 2022, 6:49 pm

agent007 wrote:I also tried the meal service and it was not worth it. It's a bite size snack and depending on what you choose can be up to $12. USD. All passengers still get a sandwich wrap as standard though.

The meals are not a consistent menu so it changes very frequently. It can be one thing today but something completely different tomorrow.

I see the kids meal is the same (chicken tenders with wedges for $12.40 USD), this is what my child got. My wife and I had noodles, sweet and sour chicken with vegetables for around the same $12. USD.

For those who want to know how much the doubles cost, its $5.60 USD and the Bake n shark is $10.10 USD. I see they have sada roti and alloo now for $11.30 USD and pancakes with some sausages for $12.40 USD.

As for the new Boeing 737 Max8 aircraft itself? I'm not sure what was going on with our going and return flights, but it was rough. The turbulence made the flight highly uncomfortable (this delayed the meal and beverage service) and the engine noise was still loud as we've grown accustomed with all turbofan engines especially paired in the prior 737-NG line.

So the marketing hype of the aircraft being smoother and quieter are all lies based on those 2 flights I had. It may be more sophisticated from the flight deck's perspective, but otherwise, the flying experience is the same as the NG's of before.

The seats are all fake leather now and lacks any kind of support. Picture it this way, if you want to know how flying feels (economy class), just sit in the backseat of a Wingroad/AD Van Y11 from Icacos Pt and head to Matelot. You will come out searching for some gravol and feeling very fatigued thereafter.

I also tried out Economy plus (CAL calls it Caribbean plus) on the return leg...pun intended, where knee room was slightly better. Unfortunately no screens for you though. Those display screens are reserved for first class only and they don't need to pay for food cause it comes standard.

If you want entertainment or to know your flight position, make sure to download the Caribbean Airlines app before entering the aircraft. Your wifi should be on to look for Catibbean View and once you connect, just click launch and it will take you to a web page. Or I think it's caribbean-view.com you can punch in directly from your browser. You will see the menu for movies and flight status at that point. No headsets are provided whether complimentary or for sale. No blankets are provided either...so if you think you would feel cold, arm yourself accordingly. The movie most passengers seemed to be enjoying was the new Matrix.

I did not use any headset but based on my trip to the lavatory, I would say Beats outnumbered bose by a ratio of 3:1. I'm impressed trinis take their listening experience so seriously as I knew from the onset that I won't find another sennheiser user up there.

Final rant are the luggage fees. Whether traveling plus or economy, you have to pay to check in all luggage. Only first class gives you allowances for the first 2 I think.

If anyone here flown the Embraer E-190 I think it was on Copa Airlines to Panama, then don't worry too much. My CAL experience was still better than that flight from a stability pov. My goodness, that Embraer we used felt like a B11 Sunny with a wheel alignment and shocks problem from the minute it took off.

The Airbus equivalent to the Boeing 737 Max would be the A321 Neo. I recall an experience I had with that aircraft being smooth like butter from takeoff to landing.

If only France could have made their automobiles like they did their aircrafts eh but I digress.
2 stars.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 23rd, 2022, 6:54 pm

Nah 2 too low. I would give it a 2.5/5 rating. I edited the post to include some more.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 23rd, 2022, 7:04 pm

agent007 wrote:I also tried the meal service and it was not worth it. It's a bite size snack and depending on what you choose can be up to $12. USD. All passengers still get a sandwich wrap as standard though.

If you want entertainment or to know your flight position, make sure to download the Caribbean Airlines app before entering the aircraft. Your wifi should be on to look for Catibbean View and once you connect, just click launch and it will take you to a web page. Or I think it's caribbean-view.com you can punch in directly from your browser. You will see the menu for movies and flight status at that point. No headsets are provided whether complimentary or for sale. No blankets are provided either...so if you think you would feel cold, arm yourself accordingly. The movie most passengers seemed to be enjoying was the new Matrix.

No need to search and fight for a power socket in the airport though as each seat in the aircraft has its own USB port. No fast charging detected though. Your device can be secured via a fold down bracket behind each seat. Charging ports are activated only when the aircraft either passes 10,000ft or arrives at its 35,000ft cruising altitude. Can't remember which right now.

An appreciated appeal of the Max8 is that regardless which class you choose, there's no more fabric seats. In the night, while cruising the LED ambient lighting system with its change of colors was a nice touch, it's like it came straight from a Mercedes Benz C-Class.

Always a pleasure to read

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » May 24th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Suriname Airways has stopped flying the Paramaribo - Port of Spain route. Signs of the times? Guess CAL is the only choice if I don't want to go through Panama.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2022, 3:13 pm

triniterribletim wrote:Suriname Airways has stopped flying the Paramaribo - Port of Spain route. Signs of the times? Guess CAL is the only choice if I don't want to go through Panama.

Nobody wanna come T&T from there.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2022, 3:17 pm

agent007 wrote:Final rant are the luggage fees. Whether traveling plus or economy, you have to pay to check in all luggage. Only first class gives you allowances for the first 2 I think.

Wait. You serious? Thanks for mentioning this.

My son has to travel in July and I had no idea that CAL charged fees for luggage.

Can you please give me an idea of the charges?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 24th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Sure bud, $34. USD for each checked luggage.

Also, if anyone wants to try out these spectacular CAL meals, you need to go on their website armed with your booking reference number and your surname at least 3 days before scheduled departure to order the food. You can't do so anytime thereafter, even on the day of travel.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2022, 5:19 pm

agent007 wrote:Sure bud, $34. USD for each checked luggage.

Also, if anyone wants to try out these spectacular CAL meals, you need to go on their website armed with your booking reference number and your surname at least 3 days before scheduled departure to order the food. You can't do so anytime thereafter, even on the day of travel.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » May 25th, 2022, 12:11 am

you only have to pay for luggage if you chose the Lite option which was created for those who travel without checked luggage, otherwise Classic and up options have luggage included

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 25th, 2022, 9:17 pm

st7 wrote:you only have to pay for luggage if you chose the Lite option which was created for those who travel without checked luggage, otherwise Classic and up options have luggage included

:? :?
Wait, so you have to pay for carry ons?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”