TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

transfer vehicles when a person cant find current owner?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

transfer vehicles when a person cant find current owner?

Postby daxt0r » March 6th, 2020, 4:12 pm

anyone hav a link\know how to transfer vehicles when a person cant find current owner?
Have some vehicles i sold that are still in my an family name, looking for a way to get them off to prevent wrong tickets. Any suggestions?

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: transfer vehicles when a person cant find current owner?

Postby wickedtuna » March 6th, 2020, 4:41 pm

This is 1/2 of trinidad

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 6th, 2020, 4:50 pm

lol so OP you sold the vehicles and didn't transfer them? So how you let them drive away with your car without these documents? Did you know that that was wrong for the all years that have since passed? It suddenly became wrong for you when the Government started a demerit point system?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 6th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Ppl STILL doing this sheit?

You want to find the current owners? You go need at least one mirror.
And so what if they do crap on d road and the tickets in yuh name? Shoulda study dat when you put the car up for sale and you take the ppl money.

Your best bet is you have some hunting to do, and IF they move like you and sold that vehicle to someone else already, consoder yuhself screwed.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 6th, 2020, 5:06 pm

pressure yes

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 6th, 2020, 8:58 pm

following for comedy

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 6th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Don't drop the soap, homeslice

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 6th, 2020, 9:28 pm

Never, ever buy or sell a vehicle without transferring it. I know it is too late for you OP, and you prolly don't wanna hear it but sheitty decisions have consequences.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 6th, 2020, 10:10 pm

check Rachael to find out who used to organize sheron.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 6th, 2020, 10:24 pm

pugboy wrote:check Rachael to find out who used to organize sheron.

Now self you want the man to dead

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 7th, 2020, 11:11 am

there shud be a 20k fine with jail for non transferring & all this funny bisnis stop 1time ...

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » March 7th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Being a realist this is Trinidad...for 2k you can get any vehicle transferred to you? What do you think happens to the hundreds of vehicles stolen each year..?
Yes its illegal not to transfer a vehicle within 7 days of purchase.....but this Is Trinidad.

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » March 7th, 2020, 2:50 pm

i did all paperwork on transfer of vehicle at south licensing office left the guy with his mother in the line to pay , ..............fast forward about 5 years stranger calling me to transfer said car /:

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » March 8th, 2020, 9:20 am

computercentral wrote:i did all paperwork on transfer of vehicle at south licensing office left the guy with his mother in the line to pay , ..............fast forward about 5 years stranger calling me to transfer said car /:
Had the same issue went to transfer a car did all the needful and man never paid the transfer tax car was still on my name years after

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 8th, 2020, 2:34 pm

ronsin1 wrote:
computercentral wrote:i did all paperwork on transfer of vehicle at south licensing office left the guy with his mother in the line to pay , ..............fast forward about 5 years stranger calling me to transfer said car /:
Had the same issue went to transfer a car did all the needful and man never paid the transfer tax car was still on my name years after

I'm guessing the option of holding their money & staying with them in LO while you hold onto the actual vehicle/keyes until you have verification of completion of the transfer wasn't an option for you fellas?

when selling a vehicle, buyer deposits money to my account, I verify payment in full is there, we then arrange and proceed to LO to transfer said vheicle, & only after said transfer is completed do I hand over the keys & not a second earlier. there can be zero shenanigans when doing business this way, & it real simple.

why ppl so love a shortcut that they does look for any & all ratch to do to the point where they end up making things take way longer than it have to? is hurry ppl hurry so?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » March 8th, 2020, 2:50 pm

I learnt my lesson on that

You think people would be a bit honest

I actually got the police involved to help with the situation

They were quite accommodating at the time
88sins wrote:
ronsin1 wrote:

I'm guessing the option of holding their money & staying with them in LO while you hold onto the actual vehicle/keyes until you have verification of completion of the transfer wasn't an option for you fellas?

when selling a vehicle, buyer deposits money to my account, I verify payment in full is there, we then arrange and proceed to LO to transfer said vheicle, & only after said transfer is completed do I hand over the keys & not a second earlier. there can be zero shenanigans when doing business this way, & it real simple.

why ppl so love a shortcut that they does look for any & all ratch to do to the point where they end up making things take way longer than it have to? is hurry ppl hurry so?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 8th, 2020, 4:06 pm

All well and good, but if ppl would do initially initially what I posted, no 4th party (police) need be involved.

A next issue
Why ppl does still want to pay for vehicles with cash at licensing? Who they feel taking that set up to get robbed/receive counterfeit notes so easy?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 8th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Op you are technically still the legal owner so you can send a bailiff for them
Just need to find them

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » March 9th, 2020, 8:09 am

88sins wrote:All well and good, but if ppl would do initially initially what I posted, no 4th party (police) need be involved.

A next issue
Why ppl does still want to pay for vehicles with cash at licensing? Who they feel taking that set up to get robbed/receive counterfeit notes so easy?

Isn't what you proposed a risk to the buyer..if you are a smart man....you have the buyers funds but car not transferred yet to the buyer.
Simple solution buy car through the bank...escrow account setup..bank release fund to seller upon presenting transfer documents.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 9th, 2020, 12:49 pm

@ Ryan
It's only a risk to the buyer if he buying a car from a conman. Buyer can get back their funds easy enough if the vehicle isn't transferred. Simply make a note of what the deposit is for on the deposit slip and ask the teller for a copy after it stamped. That way, if the seller doesn't transfer the vehicle and hand over the keys, ttps can get involved and seller will then have to either transfer and hand over the keys, or refund the money in full, or make a jail for receiving money under false pretenses.
What you described there works too, but theres just an added bank fee that some people might not want to pay.

@pugboy
Can't send a bailiff for it, because even though you may still be the registered owner, the buyer has evidence of purchasing the vehicle from you (agreement of sale and /or receipt), making him the lawful owner of the vehicle. No bailiff would touch that vehicle.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 9th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Actually, while the ticket may be in your name, it's really against the vehicle itself.

What will happen is the next time the vehicle goes to be transferred, inspected or possibly even get it's insurance renewed the relevant persons will check to see if there are any outstanding tickets and the transactions will not be allowed.

Still might be an idea to take the receipt into Licensing office and say you sold the vehicle to the person and they've refused to bring it to get the transfer completed.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 9th, 2020, 1:29 pm

88sins wrote:@pugboy
Can't send a bailiff for it, because even though you may still be the registered owner, the buyer has evidence of purchasing the vehicle from you (agreement of sale and /or receipt), making him the lawful owner of the vehicle. No bailiff would touch that vehicle.

It is more complicated than that. By law, the owner's name is the name that appears on the registration.

If the new buyer has a claim to the vehicle by receipt of purchase, then the buyer's sole remedy is the transfer of ownership. But that was the action sought by the seller in the first place.

Because the buyer has apparently refused to transfer the vehicle in a timely manner (I believe that seven days is the limit), the buyer is in breach of contract and has broken the law.

The seller could therefore compel the buyer to take action to transfer ownership by repossession. Once the seller repossesses the vehicle, the seller must now repay the buyer the current appraised value of the vehicle, less any necessary costs or fees incurred as a consequence of the repossession, such as bailiffs, towing and keys.

Or the buyer and seller could go to Licensing Office and transfer the vehicle.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 9th, 2020, 1:49 pm

if that is the case then somebody should put out a public notice indicating this possible inconvenience of bailiffs etc

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 9th, 2020, 6:17 pm

It's more likely that some people decide not to transfer a vehicle so that the transfer fees aren't paid; by either buyer or seller.

Licensing Office clearly requires that both parties be present for title transfer within a week of the sale. There are some caveats regarding the seller granting permission by way of an affidavit but the problem appears to be too widespread to rule out fraud.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”