TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Official Starlink/SpaceX INTERNET Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Official Starlink/SpaceX INTERNET Thread "Caribbean Confirmed 100% ready next year by Elon Musk"

Postby ed360123 » July 29th, 2022, 1:01 am

DMan7 wrote:$110 USD per month? Elon could keep that.
Wey. That's more than Flow's most expensive plan, and less reliable on top of that.

SPK1983
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Official Starlink/SpaceX INTERNET Thread

Postby SPK1983 » July 29th, 2022, 6:45 am

ed360123 wrote:
DMan7 wrote:$110 USD per month? Elon could keep that.
Wey. That's more than Flow's most expensive plan, and less reliable on top of that.

I feel like ya'll forgetting, this isn't meant to replace most standard internet connections that we already have. This is to provide coverage to areas where alternatives are basically nonexistent. If you already have Flow, Digicel etc, this isn't meant for you.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Official Starlink/SpaceX INTERNET Thread "Caribbean Confirmed 100% ready next year by Elon Musk"

Postby pugboy » July 29th, 2022, 6:48 am

how you think the man became a billionaire ?

lewwe not turn this into a sufferers thread nah

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 29th, 2022, 8:59 am

pugboy wrote:how you think the man became a billionaire ?

lewwe not turn this into a sufferers thread nah

This thread was created by Sufferer Extraordinaire ED.
How you think it would have gone??

h1tach1
Street 2NR

Postby h1tach1 » August 15th, 2022, 10:51 pm

TATT.jpg

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 15th, 2022, 10:55 pm

wonder how salty current telecoms ppl gonna be

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 15th, 2022, 11:24 pm

st7 wrote:wonder how salty current telecoms ppl gonna be

Why ? The price can’t compete

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 15th, 2022, 11:34 pm

hmm maybe

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » August 16th, 2022, 7:35 am

Kenjo wrote:

Maybe not for most residential but commercial, up market residential and rural is another matter entirely ... The price of not having a fast reliable internet service is very high indeed.

ISPs regionally have been giving it to the consumer with no vaseline long, hard and without remorse for a long time ... today is a great day.

Right now the telecom's collective gonads up in their fat bellies thinking of how they gonna deal with this, quaking in their boots and probably with a loss of bowel & urinary continence.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 16th, 2022, 8:16 am

They probably get a good number of people who signed up on the waiting list from TT so that they made an application to operate here thinking that thousands will apply. What they eh realize is that most people who jump on that waiting list do have access to domestic fixed line broadband internet and eh know how satellite internet really works. Many who try it out may be praising Digicel soon on both price and speed and can't wait to leave the Starlink contract.

There may be advantages to commercial applicants like said above though, like anything offshore.

https://www.ookla.com/articles/starlink-hughesnet-viasat-performance-q1-2022

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » August 16th, 2022, 10:23 am

timothymcdavid wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Maybe not for most residential but commercial, up market residential and rural is another matter entirely ... The price of not having a fast reliable internet service is very high indeed.

ISPs regionally have been giving it to the consumer with no vaseline long, hard and without remorse for a long time ... today is a great day.

Right now the telecom's collective gonads up in their fat bellies thinking of how they gonna deal with this, quaking in their boots and probably with a loss of bowel & urinary continence.

Internet speeds and bandwidth within the Caribbean is actually very decent. Lots of fiber to the home/node and the price per megabit is better than what you would find in US, Canada, western Europe.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 16th, 2022, 10:52 am

teems1 wrote:
timothymcdavid wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

Internet speeds and bandwidth within the Caribbean is actually very decent. Lots of fiber to the home/node and the price per megabit is better than what you would find in US, Canada, western Europe.
According to Speedtest.net we have better internet that the average Australian.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 16th, 2022, 1:34 pm

it would be good for more rural areas where dont have any good fiber optic connections- up to december 2020 i was in an area (cleaver heights, arima) and all i had for 8 years since i move there in 2012 was a 2mbps bmobile dongle- no fiber, cable, or even a phone line was installed in the area till Digicel started running fiber lines in 2020 and completed december that year when i signed up for it.

so any underserved areas could definitely benefit- if starlink was here 1 or 2 years ago when schools were closed and only had zoom classes and many parents were WFH they would have gotten more ppl interested as internet would have been in more demand because of the lockdowns.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » August 16th, 2022, 2:21 pm

Starlink is way to expensive for any "underserved areas" The dish alone is $549USD, monthly service is a whopping $110USD a month. Only people I could see using it are commercial business and maybe a couple of well-off individuals.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 16th, 2022, 3:07 pm

FLOW, Digicel, Amplia have nothing to be concerned about, Starlink price is $110 USD per month which is far more expensive than the current offerings that most residential customers use. Also this is most likely going to benefit rural customers the most where those local providers don't have a foot in anyways.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 16th, 2022, 3:19 pm

they prob dont care about local pricing anyways, they must know that our market pie is much smaller than their target markets.
digicel ketching their tail here locally compared to jamaica simply because of the critical mass number less of customers

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 16th, 2022, 3:28 pm

Once the customer service and reliability better than the sheit we hadda put up with I will switch providers. Competition brings out the best for the consumer.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 16th, 2022, 3:31 pm

hover11 wrote:Once the customer service and reliability better than the sheit we hadda put up with I will switch providers. Competition brings out the best for the consumer.
Too bad we don't have that option in the public service.

Sorry I just had to lol.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 16th, 2022, 3:34 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:Once the customer service and reliability better than the sheit we hadda put up with I will switch providers. Competition brings out the best for the consumer.
Too bad we don't have that option in the public service.

Sorry I just had to lol.
And yuh stale because you still hadda suck in your false pride come and deal with the public servants regardless. That not changing.

I talking about private sector customer service which supposed to be a different class by itself which lately resembling the public service in qualities and mannerisms, an establishment that I am directly paying my money to that I hadda feel like i begging to rectify their situations.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 16th, 2022, 6:43 pm

"I talking about private sector customer service which supposed to be a different class by itself which lately resembling the public service in qualities and mannerisms, an establishment that I am directly paying my money to that I hadda feel like i begging to rectify their situations."

Are you saying that the public service customer service standard is below that of the private sector? You also indicated that you paying your money directly to a private sector establishment, but taxpayers pay a quarter of their entire salaries to fund the public service just to experience substandard customer service. But no need to act up.... as you said, my humorous attempt was stale.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 16th, 2022, 6:47 pm

you hadda realize hover not quite self aware.

what good for one, not supposed to be good for all.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 16th, 2022, 7:00 pm

ed360123 wrote:Starlink is way to expensive for any "underserved areas" The dish alone is $549USD, monthly service is a whopping $110USD a month. Only people I could see using it are commercial business and maybe a couple of well-off individuals.

unless some ppl decide to share there bandwidth with the neighbours- setup a lil village wifi and charge each one $100 :roll:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 16th, 2022, 7:08 pm

wing wrote:"I talking about private sector customer service which supposed to be a different class by itself which lately resembling the public service in qualities and mannerisms, an establishment that I am directly paying my money to that I hadda feel like i begging to rectify their situations."

Are you saying that the public service customer service standard is below that of the private sector? You also indicated that you paying your money directly to a private sector establishment, but taxpayers pay a quarter of their entire salaries to fund the public service just to experience substandard customer service. But no need to act up.... as you said, my humorous attempt was stale.
It's perceived that way by most that private sector service is much better than public. So it is subjected to more scrutiny. Public Service you take what you get but private you have options, there's that. You mentioned taxpayers paying salaries of public servants , are public servants exempted from pay taxes? So in essence I paying for other public servants salaries when PAYE comes out my salary, not so. So we basically paying ourselves?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 16th, 2022, 7:17 pm

Once they don't lock you into one year contracts like Digicel and increase their rates at a whim then they worth a try. Amplia is just expensive dog sheit and flow just dey

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 16th, 2022, 7:22 pm

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:"I talking about private sector customer service which supposed to be a different class by itself which lately resembling the public service in qualities and mannerisms, an establishment that I am directly paying my money to that I hadda feel like i begging to rectify their situations."

It's perceived that way by most that private sector service is much better than public. So it is subjected to more scrutiny. Public Service you take what you get but private you have options, there's that. You mentioned taxpayers paying salaries of public servants , are public servants exempted from pay taxes? So in essence I paying for other public servants salaries when PAYE comes out my salary, not so. So we basically paying ourselves?

You just made two conflicting points in the same post.

Meanwhile:
Customer service ratings are higher in the private sector the world over.

https://ignite.org.uk/thoughtpiece/cust ... reloaded=1

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 17th, 2022, 9:01 pm

so Elon Musk get approval from TATT yet to launch starlink locally?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 18th, 2022, 7:46 am

redmanjp wrote:so Elon Musk get approval from TATT yet to launch starlink locally?
That and Kamla as Prime Minister again,we will never see.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » March 2nd, 2023, 12:24 am

https://ttweathercenter.com/2023/03/01/ ... ean-skies/

Starlink Satellites Spotted In T&T, Southern Caribbean Skies

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 2nd, 2023, 2:22 am

that is to control the weather not internet. they still trying to kill us all.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 2nd, 2023, 11:15 am

Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad & Tobago grants concession for Starlink to operate locally.

d6b635b0-86fd-4776-b3fc-359d35185e3e.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”