TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus-should Chinese nationals be allowed to come?

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 27th, 2020, 8:03 am

5 recorded in uncle sam...

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 27th, 2020, 10:59 am

matr1x wrote:Buh we still having carnival....

Bring in the death...

To all those idiots who saying cancel carnival, u do realize that more people pass through a single airport like LAX, JFK, LHR, etc. In one day than the number of people that fly down for carnival.

We have say 40k visitors for Carnival, in one of those airports above they have 100k passengers arriving daily. With maybe 100 times more Chinese.

But yes let's cancel carnival.

Airports and big cities are festering grounds for the spread of disease. You'd think fetes and carnival would be too and of course they are, but it's tiny in comparison to being on a train in London. Or literally the same as walking along the streets or in malls.

This is a Chinese disease as of now. Screen anyone coming from China.

There is no out break yet in the US. Relax.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 27th, 2020, 11:35 am

It would be political suicide to cancel Carnival for any reason...:|

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 27th, 2020, 11:36 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

Bring in the death...

To all those idiots who saying cancel carnival, u do realize that more people pass through a single airport like LAX, JFK, LHR, etc. In one day than the number of people that fly down for carnival.

We have say 40k visitors for Carnival, in one of those airports above they have 100k passengers arriving daily. With maybe 100 times more Chinese.

Airports and big cities are festering grounds for the spread of disease. You'd think fetes and carnival would be too and of course they are, but it's tiny in comparison to being on a train in London. Or literally the same as walking along the streets or in malls.

Your stats are amazing, you do realize that a disease such as that on a tiny island such as ours is catastrophic.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 27th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Zebapique, fever grass and puncheon

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 27th, 2020, 2:37 pm

matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Bring in the death...

Your stats are amazing, you do realize that a disease such as that on a tiny island such as ours is catastrophic.

A disease any where guy, what make an island any different? Ever been to a big city? Trust me the level of risk, spread and difficulty to quarantine is far worse than our isolated island.

Fact is, unless you shut down air travel throughout the world (not feasible), why cancel carnival. You making it seem like it's a huge influx of visitors. It's not, it's literally 25% of what a big city experiences daily. And these visitors are unlikely to be the ones carrying the virus since as of now, there is no outbreak in the US, Canada and UK.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 27th, 2020, 2:38 pm

j.o.e wrote:Zebapique, fever grass and puncheon

Sounding like a Sayers special

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm

Somehow the thought of all these people coming to TnT Carnival WITH the expressed goal of exchanging as much bodily fluids of every kind and having a week of fetes and 2.5 days of street parades to do so....makes a Cancel of Carnival not so arcane...

just my opinion.
Last edited by Redman on January 28th, 2020, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mero

Postby mero » January 27th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
matix wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Bring in the death...

A disease any where guy, what make an island any different? Ever been to a big city? Trust me the level of risk, spread and difficulty to quarantine is far worse than our isolated island.

Fact is, unless you shut down air travel throughout the world (not feasible), why cancel carnival. You making it seem like it's a huge influx of visitors. It's not, it's literally 25% of what a big city experiences daily. And these visitors are unlikely to be the ones carrying the virus since as of now, there is no outbreak in the US, Canada and UK.
Saying cancelling carnival adds to the edge factor tuners struggle daily to maintain

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 27th, 2020, 4:22 pm

:agrue:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:5 recorded in uncle sam...

And depending on how fast it can spread, the number of ppl who would have not been quarantined after entering the US who may be infected BEFORE showing symptoms and if it mutates that number could increase dramatically by the week before Carnival. All it takes really is one person to come in from the US through Piarco, not yet symptomatic but infected so the thermal scanners won't detect anything, he goes to fete and spreads it given the state of our Health system we in for trouble.

We should be quarantining anyone who passes through affected regions regardless of symptoms

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » January 27th, 2020, 4:47 pm

You see, certain morons on the forum fail to realise that any tactic that could stave off an infection or spread, but even a few days can make a difference.

But them tuners too stupid to see that

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 27th, 2020, 5:07 pm

redmanjp wrote::agrue:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:5 recorded in uncle sam...

And depending on how fast it can spread, the number of ppl who would have not been quarantined after entering the US who may be infected BEFORE showing symptoms and if it mutates that number could increase dramatically by the week before Carnival. All it takes really is one person to come in from the US through Piarco, not yet symptomatic but infected so the thermal scanners won't detect anything, he goes to fete and spreads it given the state of our Health system we in for trouble.

We should be quarantining anyone who passes through affected regions regardless of symptoms

Incase you didn't realize, if they cancel carnival now it's still too late. These visitors already booked their tickets which would be non-refundable. So they will come either way. And then they'll still have fetes, so you gonna ban that too? U gonna ban every gathering of ppl?

Think before allyuh talk. This is influenza like disease with a relatively low fatality rate, possibly no worse than the flu.

Worse case scenario, we have another influenza going around. Don't wanna get it? Practice proper hygiene or stay lock up in your house.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 27th, 2020, 5:07 pm

matr1x wrote:You see, certain morons on the forum fail to realise that any tactic that could stave off an infection or spread, but even a few days can make a difference.

But them tuners too stupid to see that

Ok, so when we closing piarco airport now?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » January 27th, 2020, 5:19 pm

That time may come. And tighten the border. Otherwise no point.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 27th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Corona Virus Now a Pandemic, Yet Mainstream Press Criminally Silent

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 27th, 2020, 6:20 pm

They can't even stop guns from entering the country. Need I say more?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 27th, 2020, 8:17 pm

What he said^

Nobody banning carnival/closing airports etc...carnival is perceived as greatest show on earth and only dumbass people believe that sheit..

All you could do is hope and pray the virus doesnt reach here, cuz given how sheity our health care is...well the rest is history

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » January 27th, 2020, 8:21 pm

The worse is the hospital system. Just try to image SFGH trying to cope with an outbreak of coronavirus.

to the fella above comparing us to a big city, I doh know how long you've been in Trinidad, but every year during Carnival we have a cold and flu season. Normally it is just some sniffles and body ache, but this year we talking about pneumonia, hospitalization and death.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 27th, 2020, 9:36 pm

paid_influencer wrote:The worse is the hospital system. Just try to image SFGH trying to cope with an outbreak of coronavirus.

to the fella above comparing us to a big city, I doh know how long you've been in Trinidad, but every year during Carnival we have a cold and flu season. Normally it is just some sniffles and body ache, but this year we talking about pneumonia, hospitalization and death.

Dude this new virus is not significantly worse than the flu. The flu is every freaking where. Virus does always be going around. I play mas every single year for the last 14 years, not once I got sick after.

But ofc it does happen, but cancelling carnival does not stop visitors (and those who already booked tickets) from coming down.

So I say let's lock down piarco, fever or no fever, no body coming in.

Time we try to eradicate the flu and cold.

I can compare us to a big city and I will tell u a big city is so much worse when flu and viruses making the rounds.

Especially in places where ppl use mass transit like London. Literally get sick almost every time I'm in London for long.

Btw the mortality rate of this virus is ~1% maybe less. Worse than the flu yes, but nothing to be severely panicked about.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 27th, 2020, 9:52 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:The worse is the hospital system. Just try to image SFGH trying to cope with an outbreak of coronavirus.

Dude this new virus is not significantly worse than the flu. The flu is every freaking where. Virus does always be going around. I play mas every single year for the last 14 years, not once I got sick after.

But ofc it does happen, but cancelling carnival does not stop visitors (and those who already booked tickets) from coming down.

I can compare us to a big city and I will tell u a big city is so much worse when flu and viruses making the rounds.

Especially in places where ppl use mass transit like London. Literally get sick almost every time I'm in London for long.

Btw the mortality rate of this virus is ~1% maybe less. Worse than the flu yes, but nothing to be severely panicked about.

I think you should keep update to the latest world news.... yes we are not a big city but this virus is much much worse than the common cold and flu.

But kill us dead.... don't stop Carnival.... go ahead and wine yuh bum bum in the middle of the road. Nobody stopping yuh...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 27th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Bredda man, please look at news besides cnc3 and tv6 and stop listening to local authorities regarding this virus...

Take a look at cnn, bbc and aljazeera and just look at how people just dropping like flies..

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 27th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Dohplaydat aka Daran

It figures.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 28th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 28th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Duplicate in error

j.o.e

Re: Coronavirus-it may have reached JAMAICA

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2020, 3:01 pm

Who wha d mask to buy ? We have it .....cigarette, condom, Ching gum, mask

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » January 28th, 2020, 3:10 pm

If it can be in the body without showing symptoms...they have to do blood test to really detect it? Or only when they have fever etc?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 28th, 2020, 3:18 pm

aaron17 wrote:If it can be in the body without showing symptoms...they have to do blood test to really detect it? Or only when they have fever etc?

They won't test you

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 28th, 2020, 4:44 pm

No1 can confirm that Jamaica thing yet...might be rumours

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2020, 5:37 pm

It was not Coronavirus they were just being cautious based on the individual’s travel pattern

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 28th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”