TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 15899 cases, 276 deaths, 5558 active, 10065 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2021, 5:03 pm

wtf wrote:Numbers inIMG-20210517-WA0097.jpeg

why they cyah just put a + x next to the total deaths to represent the new deaths :roll:

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 15899 cases, 276 deaths, 5558 active, 10065 recovered in T&T

Postby neilsingh100 » May 17th, 2021, 5:13 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Summary Stats.

Testing still high, but we didn't get the Monday bulk update today, so can't say how high or if it's stabilized or decreasing.

7-Day Average for cases climbs and now is 442
7-Day Average for deaths climbs and now is 11.3

I think these figures will rise slightly, but level off this week as I suspect this is the peak and things should get better from here on.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 4.38.16 pm.png

Hopefully backlog should be cleared by next week then daily new cases will start decreasing.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 17th, 2021, 5:16 pm

redmanjp wrote:
wtf wrote:Numbers inIMG-20210517-WA0097.jpeg

why they cyah just put a + x next to the total deaths to represent the new deaths :roll:

9 more COVID deaths

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/9-more-covid-dea ... new-cases/

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » May 17th, 2021, 6:13 pm

https://www.stabroeknews.com/2021/05/17 ... y-anthony/

Guyana has sourced enough COVID-19 vaccines for herd immunity – Anthony
-key challenge is for people to come forward

After an initial purchase of 200,000 doses of the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, Guyana has been able to seal a deal for 600,000 more jabs – enough to get to herd immunity – but the key challenge now is for people to come forward for inoculation.

Minister of Health Dr. Frank Anthony is appealing to the public to join the effort that could see this country reach herd immunity if persons take their shots.

“If people come out and take their shots we can meet that herd immunity target; surpassing many countries. We can do it because we have ordered 800,000 doses to cover 400,000 persons and that means our entire adult population,” Dr. Anthony told Stabroek News yesterday as he gave an update on countrywide inoculations.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 17th, 2021, 6:19 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Summary Stats.

Testing still high, but we didn't get the Monday bulk update today, so can't say how high or if it's stabilized or decreasing.

7-Day Average for cases climbs and now is 442
7-Day Average for deaths climbs and now is 11.3

I think these figures will rise slightly, but level off this week as I suspect this is the peak and things should get better from here on.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 4.38.16 pm.png

Hopefully backlog should be cleared by next week then daily new cases will start decreasing.

By tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll know if we've peaked or still growing. I'm hoping for the best, but i think the best case is we start flatenning this week and slowly start decreasing.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 17th, 2021, 6:23 pm

mrtrini45 wrote:https://www.stabroeknews.com/2021/05/17/news/guyana/guyana-has-sourced-enough-covid-19-vaccines-for-herd-immunity-anthony/

After an initial purchase of 200,000 doses of the Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine, Guyana has been able to seal a deal for 600,000 more jabs – enough to get to herd immunity – but the key challenge now is for people to come forward for inoculation.

Minister of Health Dr. Frank Anthony is appealing to the public to join the effort that could see this country reach herd immunity if persons take their shots.

“If people come out and take their shots we can meet that herd immunity target; surpassing many countries. We can do it because we have ordered 800,000 doses to cover 400,000 persons and that means our entire adult population,” Dr. Anthony told Stabroek News yesterday as he gave an update on countrywide inoculations.

That's great news for them. Although there is some concerns about the Sputnik V vaccine's reported efficacy (much like Sinopharm).

I think once it's been proven safe, it should be given.

However, I can't see vaccines like Sputnik and Sinopharm being used in the long run.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » May 17th, 2021, 6:36 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
mrtrini45 wrote:https://www.stabroeknews.com/2021/05/17/news/guyana/guyana-has-sourced-enough-covid-19-vaccines-for-herd-immunity-anthony/

That's great news for them. Although there is some concerns about the Sputnik V vaccine's reported efficacy (much like Sinopharm).

I think once it's been proven safe, it should be given.

However, I can't see vaccines like Sputnik and Sinopharm being used in the long run.

Guyana the new Caribbean oil superpower

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 17th, 2021, 6:47 pm

Trinis wouldn't go anywhere near Sputnik because "Russia".

Wonder if President Ali is being viewed as a Putin puppet for procuring Sputnik by his citizens.

Could only imagine what the idiots inside here would say if the gov't procured Sputnik.

Why do trinis feel that everything that comes from USA/UK is superior to the rest of the world? You all do realise that China/Russia etc are independent countries that tend not to rely much on the outside world for anything including medication/vaccines.

Not every country in the world is "import heavy" like ours. Countries do handle their own business mainly for Nat Security reasons. A vaccine is an urgent Nat Security matter.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 17th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Redress10 wrote:Trinis wouldn't go anywhere near Sputnik because "Russia".

Wonder if President Ali is being viewed as a Putin puppet for procuring Sputnik by his citizens.

Could only imagine what the idiots inside here would say if the gov't procured Sputnik.

Why do trinis feel that everything that comes from USA/UK is superior to the rest of the world? You all do realise that China/Russia etc are independent countries that tend not to rely much on the outside world for anything including medication/vaccines.

Not every country in the world is "import heavy" like ours. Countries do handle their own business mainly for Nat Security reasons. A vaccine is an urgent Nat Security matter.

USA/UK is transparent and has far more checks and balances built into their systems.

Russia/China does not.

What this means, UK/USA/Europe cannot produce a shitty dangerous vaccine and have the world not know. There are many groups that will spot this and make noise. Look at AstraZeneca and blood clots. That's what you want.

Russia and China vaccine could be killing hundreds and we would not know, why? Because they hide and manipulate data. No one in those countries can voice anti-government sanctioned viewed without consequences.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 17th, 2021, 6:59 pm

I think it's because of the rubbish products that we see come out of China and India on a daily basis. Most people avoid made in China like the plague. We have seen the poor performance of cdap meds vs real meds so naturally Trinis will be suspicious of anything that comes out of the far east. But wrt vaccines beggars can't be choosers. I personally stand by ' made in USA'. The only Pakistan/ India medicine I use is lomotil. That does work :D

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 17th, 2021, 7:06 pm

I prefer Sputnik over Sinopharm any day.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 17th, 2021, 7:08 pm

alfa wrote:

I think it's because of the rubbish products that we see come out of China and India on a daily basis. Most people avoid made in China like the plague. We have seen the poor performance of cdap meds vs real meds so naturally Trinis will be suspicious of anything that comes out of the far east. But wrt vaccines beggars can't be choosers. I personally stand by ' made in USA'. The only Pakistan/ India medicine I use is lomotil. That does work :D

Doesn't CDAP meds come from India? I wasn't aware of us getting meds from China. India is essentially the world leader in generic meds. Most countries in the world use generic meds. Only the USA tend to use branded meds to their pharmaceutical industry and patents etc. I highly doubt that the average trini could afford the US price for meds. Cancer meds etc for the month costs the average american over 10000 usd per month.

Anyway you swing it. Wouldn't your ability to attain medication be based on what you can afford. So wouldn't the US manufactured drugs be more attainable to the developed and wealthier nations and the rest of the world having to get alternatives from countries such as India/Russia/China.

What makes trinis think that there is a special relationship between this country and the US to afford us preferential or priority terms? Is it based on delusion?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 17th, 2021, 7:11 pm

alfa wrote:

it's a fact that sinopharm efficacy for severe/hospitalization is 79% where pfizer and moderna is like close to 100%

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 17th, 2021, 7:12 pm

wtf wrote:I prefer Sputnik over Sinopharm any day.

Why?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 17th, 2021, 7:13 pm

good ting about the sputnik is that the second dose is different from teh first, so it will train the body for a wider array of covid.

they shouldnt do the double dose as double. do them as single and wait till a new formula come out tailored for the new variants, and use those as a second dose... or by that time, annual booster.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 17th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

USA/UK is transparent and has far more checks and balances built into their systems.

Russia/China does not.

What this means, UK/USA/Europe cannot produce a shitty dangerous vaccine and have the world not know. There are many groups that will spot this and make noise. Look at AstraZeneca and blood clots. That's what you want.

Russia and China vaccine could be killing hundreds and we would not know, why? Because they hide and manipulate data. No one in those countries can voice anti-government sanctioned viewed without consequences.

Fair enough but what makes trinis think they can be choosers in this regard when they are essentially beggars? I think if trinis want to choose what vaccine to take then the gov't should open up the borders and let trinis fly to USA etc to get vaccinated but they can't dictate and say the gov't should pay whatever costs to acquire US made vaccines because that is their preference.

Plenty ppl feel they going to get US vaccines because of the US donation to the world. Those vaccines also have to reach places such as India,Brazil, Asia and Africa. That 80 million donation isn't even enough for India right now.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 17th, 2021, 7:26 pm

Guyana has a long and amicable relationship with Russia. They are not as anti USSR as our parents were grown up to be.

Bharath Jagdeo, who some would say is the real president of Guyana, is fluent in Russian and lived and studied there. So they will willingly accept things Russian.

But since Rocky IV, T&T has little to do with Russia.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 17th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Habit

But isn't that the result of effective brainwashing and unregulated foreign cable tv that makes some of these ppl think that the US is an "ally". Guyana and TT not that far culturally so howcome the viewpoints are so different.

Trinis seem to be unwavering in their trust for all things USA and to a lesser extent UK.

USA have more ties to Russia and China than to TT.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 17th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Brainwashing yes, but it is because the US won the Cold War. The USSR fell and Russia is the defeat remnant of it.

There are over 200 vaccines in various stages of approval, I agree with out position of WHO approval. There are other vaccines that other countries are using that are not WHO approved. Choosing Sputnik over other approved has to be on some basis. But I think WHO approved is the safest and least biased option.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 17th, 2021, 8:19 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:

Why?
Western Media has always portrayed Russia in a negative way but there standards are very high.
Also I have the feeling that China just created a vaccine with the intent of showing the world that they can and not wanting to feel left out.
Do some research on the country Seychelles and see what happen after they used sinopharm.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 17th, 2021, 8:30 pm

wtf wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Why?
Western Media has always portrayed Russia in a negative way but there standards are very high.
Also I have the feeling that China just created a vaccine with the intent of showing the world that they can and not wanting to feel left out.
Do some research on the country Seychelles and see what happen after they used sinopharm.

Say that in Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden...

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 17th, 2021, 8:42 pm

Redress10 wrote:
alfa wrote:

Doesn't CDAP meds come from India? I wasn't aware of us getting meds from China. India is essentially the world leader in generic meds. Most countries in the world use generic meds. Only the USA tend to use branded meds to their pharmaceutical industry and patents etc. I highly doubt that the average trini could afford the US price for meds. Cancer meds etc for the month costs the average american over 10000 usd per month.

Anyway you swing it. Wouldn't your ability to attain medication be based on what you can afford. So wouldn't the US manufactured drugs be more attainable to the developed and wealthier nations and the rest of the world having to get alternatives from countries such as India/Russia/China.

What makes trinis think that there is a special relationship between this country and the US to afford us preferential or priority terms? Is it based on delusion?

Yeah cdap does come from India. I was drawing a parallel between India and China as same producer of substandard products. As I said we have to take whatever vaccines we get but I always pay for brand name drugs as long as I can afford. The difference is like OEM vs tiwanese crap in the parts world

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 17th, 2021, 8:56 pm

alfa wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
alfa wrote:

Yeah cdap does come from India. I was drawing a parallel between India and China as same producer of substandard products. As I said we have to take whatever vaccines we get but I always pay for brand name drugs as long as I can afford. The difference is like OEM vs tiwanese crap in the parts world

Right. Just making sure. The reality is that a large majority of the world's population simply can't afford brand name meds so they will always be reliant on generics. We have to be careful when using terms such as low quality and crap when describing generics. Generics simply mean unbranded.

Panadol is just the gsk brand name for 500g of paracetemol. Think about generics as the tablets before you put them in the branded package. That is all. Your body is not gonna be able to tell a generic from branded meds.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 18th, 2021, 5:00 am

Redress10 wrote:
alfa wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
alfa wrote:

Right. Just making sure. The reality is that a large majority of the world's population simply can't afford brand name meds so they will always be reliant on generics. We have to be careful when using terms such as low quality and crap when describing generics. Generics simply mean unbranded.

Panadol is just the gsk brand name for 500g of paracetemol. Think about generics as the tablets before you put them in the branded package. That is all. Your body is not gonna be able to tell a generic from branded meds.
Generics are usually manufactured using differing processes yielding similar but not identical drugs that normally do not perform as well.

The cost savings of the generic simply outweighs the typically reduced performance.

-----

Under current FDA standards, bioequivalence is concluded in cases where the brand and test product differ in terms of their rate and extent of absorption by -20% to +25% or less. Even so, once a drug has been proven to be bioequivalent in vitro, the drug is tested in vivo for therapeutic equivalence on healthy volunteers. 

https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/ho ... -evaluated

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » May 18th, 2021, 5:51 am

Biden announces US will share more vaccines globally: 'Our nation is going to be the arsenal of vaccines'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/17/politics/vaccines-global-sharing-biden-administration/index.html

By Kaitlan Collins and Kate Sullivan, CNN
Updated 2:22 PM EDT, Mon May 17, 2021

(CNN) President Joe Biden said Monday his administration would share millions more doses of Covid-19 vaccines with other countries in addition to the 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine he has already committed to sharing by July 4.

Biden said the US would share at least 20 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines by the end of next month, totaling 80 million doses that are set to be sent abroad. Those additional 20 million doses will consist of Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines as well as AstraZeneca, which has to be approved by federal regulators before being shipped overseas. That effort is underway.

"We need to help fight the disease around the world to keep us safe here at home and to do the right thing helping other people. It's the right thing to do, it's the smart thing to do, it's the strong thing to do," Biden said in remarks delivered at the White House.

The President said: "We want to lead the world with our values, with this demonstration of our innovation and ingenuity, and the fundamental decency of the American people."

Biden added that White House Covid-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients is in charge of this effort, in coordination with the National Security Council and State Department.

The President noted the US was committing to sharing five times more than any other country had donated in Covid-19 vaccines.

"Just as in World War II, America was the arsenal of democracy in the battle against Covid-19 pandemic, our nation is going to be the arsenal of vaccines for the rest of the world," Biden said, adding "just as democracies led the world in the darkness of World War II, democracies will lead the world out of this pandemic."

Biden said US would "not use our vaccines to secure favors" from other nations.

He said Monday's announcement was the latest effort by his administration to ramp up efforts abroad and work with other world leaders to end the pandemic. Biden said he expected to announce progress on beating the pandemic overseas at the G7 summit in June.

CNN previously reported Biden would announce the US would share more vaccines globally.

Bloomberg was first to report the news of the additional doses being shared.

As more and more Americans get vaccinated against Covid-19, the Biden administration has been taking steps toward helping other nations get their populations vaccinated as the pandemic worsens globally.

Last month, the Biden administration committed to sharing up to 60 million AstraZeneca vaccine doses, which will not be needed in the US, in the following two months.

The AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine is not one of the three vaccines that has received emergency use authorization in the US -- only the Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been cleared for use.

In February, Biden said a $2 billion in US contribution would go toward a global coronavirus vaccine initiative. The funding -- which Biden announced on a call with G7 leaders -- will provide support to Covid-19 Vaccines Global Access, or COVAX. That initiative is led by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, along with the World Health Organization and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations.

Biden also pledged an additional $2 billion in funding contingent on contributions from other nations and dose delivery targets being met.

The President has said there will be enough Covid-19 vaccine supply for every American adult by the end of this month. Nearly 123 million Americans are fully vaccinated in the US and nearly 60% of US adults have received at least one dose, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The US Food and Drug Administration also recently approved the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for adolescents ages 12 to 15.

This story has been updated with additional information.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 18th, 2021, 6:27 am

only because the az was not approved and expiring soon

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 18th, 2021, 10:22 am

america did not approve the az for their own people. they acquired it cause american life is first and foremost. but it did not meet their criteria for their people. since other peopel want it, ease up the storage space and send it.

one man's rubbish is another mans treasure. since we wnat it, might as well take it.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 16549 cases, 294 deaths, 5885 active, 10370 recovered in T&T

Postby 2WNBoost » May 18th, 2021, 10:29 am

^^ Do all the people who bought used cars have hurt feelings?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 16549 cases, 294 deaths, 5885 active, 10370 recovered in T&T

Postby timelapse » May 18th, 2021, 10:34 am

^ Do the people who buy foreign used drawers have hurt feelings?

On another note, I would take Sputnik.Comrade Putin don't play.
2WNBoost wrote:^^ Do all the people who bought used cars have hurt feelings?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”