TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby pete » January 25th, 2022, 3:41 pm

st7 wrote:nah about 6 weeks now. dont think it will hit d+ anytime soon though

I read that Disney doesn't own the rights and best bet will to rent on Amazon prime maybe in March. May be streamed on Paramount+

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby widdyphuck » January 25th, 2022, 4:10 pm

602 Cases.
15 Dead.

272212585_294906569339880_8340541814441062162_n.jpg

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 25th, 2022, 4:14 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:First time I gone cinema in more than 2 years but couldn't find a good.copy of the movie online.

Vaccinate to operate! I fed-up of distancing from friends and family.

For the past 6 weekends straight I having house limes and going to house limes.

It's called dropping your guard. You are one of those who would have kept your lights on during the blitz resulting in german planes knowing where to bomb.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 25th, 2022, 4:15 pm

pete wrote:
st7 wrote:nah about 6 weeks now. dont think it will hit d+ anytime soon though

I read that Disney doesn't own the rights and best bet will to rent on Amazon prime maybe in March. May be streamed on Paramount+

there's an agreement with Sony movies streaming on Netflix first

NetflixFilm
@NetflixFilm
Starting in 2022, Netflix will be the first US streaming home for Sony Pictures films following their theatrical releases. Get ready for UNCHARTED, MORBIUS, BULLET TRAIN & WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING, plus future sequels to VENOM, JUMANJI, BAD BOYS & SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE
2:30 PM · Apr 8, 2021

no word on NWH though since that was a 2021 movie, but it looks like it will show on Starz

Sony has an agreement in place for its 2021 movies to go to the premium cable network Starz first, where they're available to watch on its traditional channels as well as on its streaming app. So Starz will be the first place you'll be able to stream this latest Sony movie.

Traditionally, the movie would make its way to Starz roughly six to nine months after its theatrical release.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and- ... max-sorry/

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2022, 4:18 pm

i_code_and_stuff wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Need to enforce this for everything while we are in the pandemic.Screenshot_20220125-152154_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20220125-152209_Facebook.jpg

agreed - can't afford to let hovers continue wasting limited resources

so does he need to get the flu shot as well?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 25th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Need to enforce this for everything while we are in the pandemic.
Screenshot_20220125-152154_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220125-152209_Facebook.jpg
Ppl comparing private health facilities to our public health care....apples and oranges. If you strongly believe in such you open a hospital and create all the rules you wish , however it is the taxpayers funding atm in the public healthcare so why are you concerned. Taxpayers' money is wasted in this country in every sector and health care is your only concern. I see.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 25th, 2022, 4:32 pm

comparing money wasting in every sector... apples and oranges

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Strange that money wasting in health care is a main concern during a pandemic eh.

These idiotic public servants.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 4:38 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:First time I gone cinema in more than 2 years but couldn't find a good.copy of the movie online.

It's called dropping your guard. You are one of those who would have kept your lights on during the blitz resulting in german planes knowing where to bomb.
Government locally and all over the world have been pushing a vaccinate to get back to normal policy.

Myself and mine have done so.
We going back to normal.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 25th, 2022, 4:45 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Government locally and all over the world have been pushing a vaccinate to get back to normal policy.

We going back to normal.

You can go back to normal without dropping your guard. Do you really want to get covid multiple times and then all of a sudden one day suffer a massive heart attack or begin to suffer kidney problems etc? You don't know what the long term effects of this virus is. Limit your exposure to it as much as you can.

It is more a mental battle than a physical one. I still wear masks around family members periodically. I always wear a mask around ppl over the age of 60 and I keep my distance etc.

Governments have an economy to protect. They don't care about you. They will happily send your arse to die in a stupid war given the chance. Don't be fooled. Protect you and yours always.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 25th, 2022, 5:22 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

We going back to normal.

You can go back to normal without dropping your guard. Do you really want to get covid multiple times and then all of a sudden one day suffer a massive heart attack or begin to suffer kidney problems etc? You don't know what the long term effects of this virus is. Limit your exposure to it as much as you can.

It is more a mental battle than a physical one. I still wear masks around family members periodically. I always wear a mask around ppl over the age of 60 and I keep my distance etc.

Governments have an economy to protect. They don't care about you. They will happily send your arse to die in a stupid war given the chance. Don't be fooled. Protect you and yours always.
Their idea is the vaccine will protect against anything so everyone must subject themselves to that mentality. Funny sounds alot like communism, everybody pushing the same head. The government don't give one fk about anyone , never has and never will. Concerned about taxpayers money spent in healthcare but not concerned billions being spent on corruption or rentals which could be used elsewhere.Strange

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 25th, 2022, 5:36 pm

yawwwwn

btw, anyone wants to fund my new movie?

Frothers of the Caribbean: At Wits End

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 25th, 2022, 7:21 pm

hover11 wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

We going back to normal.

Their idea is the vaccine will protect against anything so everyone must subject themselves to that mentality. Funny sounds alot like communism, everybody pushing the same head. The government don't give one fk about anyone , never has and never will. Concerned about taxpayers money spent in healthcare but not concerned billions being spent on corruption or rentals which could be used elsewhere.Strange

COVID vaccines only protect against COVID.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 25th, 2022, 8:31 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

We going back to normal.

True , you don't say... well the way some men make it sound I swear if I take it I become superman and invincible

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » January 25th, 2022, 8:34 pm

whoz them men that making it sound so?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 25th, 2022, 8:39 pm

Christian Cabrera, 40, regretted not getting vaccinated as he died of Covid-19 (KTLA)

Father dying of Covid regrets not getting vaccine in heartbreaking texts
Nathan Place
Tue, January 25, 2022, 7:01 PM

Shortly before dying of Covid-19, a father in Los Angeles texted family members to express his regret over not getting vaccinated.

Christian Cabrera, 40, tested positive for the coronavirus around Christmas. Not long afterward, he was in an emergency room with pneumonia in both lungs.

“I can’t breathe again,” he texted his brother, according to KTLA. “I really regret not getting my vaccine. If I can do it all over again I would do it in a heartbeat to save my life. I’m fighting for my life here and I wish I [had] gotten vaccinated.”

On 22 January, Mr Cabrera died. His family shared the tragic news on a GoFundMe raising money for his three-year-old son, Noel.

“We are very sad to announce that our beloved brother Christian Cabrera … has lost his battle with Covid pneumonia and passed away tonight,” Mr Cabrera’s brother, Jino Cabrera, wrote in the fundraiser. “He touched so many people’s lives because he was a very loving, kind, generous, caring person with a beautiful heart and soul.”

Even before Mr Cabrera’s death, his brother said, he worried he might not survive.

“He keeps saying, ‘Please take care of my son,’” Jino told KTLA last Thursday. “He knows he might not make it. He might die in there.”

Covid cases in Los Angles are currently dropping from their Omicron-era peak, but they’re still extremely high. As of 24 January, the city was facing an average of almost 33,000 new infections per day. And on 20 January, just two days before Mr Cabrera died, LA County reported 102 deaths from the virus in a single day – the highest number in a year.

As in the rest of the country, the worst outcomes have been among the unvaccinated. According to LA’s Department of Public Health, unvaccinated LA residents have been six times more likely to end up in an ICU than someone fully vaccinated, and 25 times more likely than a fully vaccinated person who’d also received a booster.

“Our hearts go out to everyone mourning the loss of a loved one as we are once more witnessing the utter misery caused by COVID,” Dr Barbara Ferrer, the city’s public health director, said last week. “Let’s not fool ourselves by not recognizing the danger presented by the Omicron variant, which is capable of spreading with lightning speed and causing serious illness among our most vulnerable residents.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-dying ... 43683.html

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 25th, 2022, 8:40 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

We going back to normal.

*results may vary

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 25th, 2022, 8:41 pm

Colleagues.

Wife got back test results from yesterday. Positive.

She came home Thursday feeling cold and sore throat. Had a fever Thursday. We both started taking paracetamol, zinc, vitamin C, D3.

Fever didn't come back after Thursday. But she has had a sore throat which only eased up Monday. She started coughing a little bit on Monday. Today she's told me she's lost her sense of smell and taste. She is actually moving around and doing what she has to as much as she can and we're not around.

I will get my test tomorrow or Thursday.

My concern now is for our three kids. So far the rest of us are not showing any symptoms. I have been feeling tired since Thursday and Tuesday/Wednesday of last week, had a headache.

We're all masked up at home and have the house opened up with fresh air passing through all day. Wife is apart from us and I keep a distance from the kids.

I choose to post these facts to let you know that you need to be extremely careful. We never go out to public spaces with the kids. We wear out masks. Keep hands clean. The last time I was out was two Saturdays ago. Wife has to go in to school to teach and then would pop in grocery once a week. Kids only come into contact with grand parents. We take our precautions seriously for our sake and for our kids'. We have retraced our limited movements two weeks back and aside from grocery and school we cannot fathom how this entered out house.

Perhaps it's Omicron in which case it could have been picked up in the grocery due to high transmissibility. Perhaps it was picked up at school.

We are both double vaccinated - she Sinopharm, me AZ.

Will keep y'all informed on how all goes. We're on 21 day stay at home quarantine which'll be tough given the amount of persons at home along with the need to exercise precautions, while taking care of kids.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 25th, 2022, 8:46 pm

I do hope that you will and your wife will recover soon.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 8:49 pm

Carluva the ginger tea helps alot.
Drink it hot and drink it often.

Don't sleep with air condition
Don't use too much dairy and cheese and.makensure yuh have your oximeter.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 25th, 2022, 8:50 pm

carluva,

Sorry to hear bro.

I really hope everything goes well. Keep confident, keep faith and tell yourself over and over that you WILL get through this.

I will say a prayer on my end as well.

Keep good and no matter what happens, don’t give up.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 25th, 2022, 8:54 pm

Tuners get boosted asap

Not saying vaccinate anymore

With all the evidence out there anyone not vaccinated now are lost causes

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 9:05 pm

I think next month I should be able to get a booster. Going for Pfizer.
Had covid in October

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 25th, 2022, 9:11 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I think next month I should be able to get a booster. Going for Pfizer.
Had covid in October
Yes try to get it as soon as possible

Read today that with a case of covid and a booster your immunity is very high

Actually higher than if you were boosted alone

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » January 25th, 2022, 9:15 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I think next month I should be able to get a booster. Going for Pfizer.
Had covid in October

What was your first shot?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 25th, 2022, 9:16 pm

It's time for us to move on from anti vaxxers

Let's concentrate on getting people boosted and follow the protocols

Also try to wear the best mask that you can afford

N95s are the best and can be safely reworn once the straps do not get to slack. A rule of thumb is not more than 5 reuse

Also remember that being indoor is much less safe than outdoors so as least wear the best mask when you most at risk

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 9:19 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Had covid in October

What was your first shot?
I got 2 shots of sinopharm

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 25th, 2022, 9:23 pm

Got boosted last week. First two AZ…… boosted on Pfizer. Was milder than my first two shots, just pain in the arm.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 25th, 2022, 9:36 pm

PariaMan wrote:It's time for us to move on from anti vaxxers

N95s are the best and can be safely reworn once the straps do not get to slack. A rule of thumb is not more than 5 reuse

Also remember that being indoor is much less safe than outdoors so as least wear the best mask when you most at risk
Funny enough it have plenty idiots against the booster.
They happily take the initial vaccine but don't find they should take a booster.

Idk na.....

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » January 25th, 2022, 9:43 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
PariaMan wrote:It's time for us to move on from anti vaxxers

Funny enough it have plenty idiots against the booster.
They happily take the initial vaccine but don't find they should take a booster.

Idk na.....
Tru eh even where I work

Supposedly very educated people

If you have the 2 shots and you boosted your level of protection really goes high up

Seeing alot of people with 2 shots and getting covid and being sick to stay home

Know a few people boosted who still got covid they were old with co-morbidities and it was still mild

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”