TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 14814 cases, 256 deaths, 4814 active, 9744 recovered in T&T

Postby PariaMan » May 14th, 2021, 11:20 am

I do not think it was
redmanjp wrote:were those counted as covid deaths tho?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 14814 cases, 256 deaths, 4814 active, 9744 recovered in T&T

Postby j.o.e » May 14th, 2021, 11:22 am

Zoom we understand you don’t like Rowley and the PNM but the constant over politicizing is tedious. All around the world there have been continuous lockdowns and spikes. At any moment you can find a country doing better or worse than us and on the flip side when some of them were doing bad we were better off. Cool it a little bit nah.
The point is no one has 100% success in this pandemic, we are all trying to make the best decisions on the fly. Normally I just laugh off your rants but it’s ridiculous to think that the yellow, white, green, purple government would’ve been more successful and either way how would that help us now?
These threads can be useful for disseminating and analyzing information unfortunately you are just being a distraction

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 14th, 2021, 11:23 am

the only thing that we haven't done yet is call a SOE. Um, idk if that is needed to get people to do what is right. Maybe it is as some employers still have staff coming into work when they can do stuff on woh. Also, no matter when u come out your home u still seeing numerous cars on the road. Meaning that people still congregating. I remember seeing someone at the grocery day before who came in same time as me. And when i reached by the cashier (like 30-40 mins later, i bought a lot of stuff) my guy was there as well with what must have been under 10 items. Some people so thusty for social interactions that maybe we need a SOE to stop that.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 11:24 am

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Idiot the red government has been holding back testing since Carnival last year.

Around Carnival 2020 hardly anybody in the world had the resources to do testing in a massive way, not even the US. It was our CARPHA that was testing for TT and a majority of the southern Caribbean. Your anti-PNM trolling is extra dotish at a time like this.
https://time.com/5801790/coronavirus-testing-us/
Bullchit, the Cayman Islands starting doing testing and lockdowns right after Carnival .

They are free of covid at this time though their very proactive approach

https://www.caymancompass.com/2020/03/2 ... derations/

You said since Carnival. At Carnival there was hardly any cases in the US. Plus your article is a month after Carnival and at the same time TT already went into lockdown.
Dummy we don't care about the US

This is Trinidad government did not take the correct measures to be covid free like the Cayman Islands.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 11:25 am

j.o.e wrote:Zoom we understand you don’t like Rowley and the PNM but the constant over politicizing is tedious. All around the world there have been continuous lockdowns and spikes. At any moment you can find a country doing better or worse than us and on the flip side when some of them were doing bad we were better off. Cool it a little bit nah.
The point is no one has 100% success in this pandemic, we are all trying to make the best decisions on the fly. Normally I just laugh off your rants but it’s ridiculous to think that the yellow, white, green, purple government would’ve been more successful and either way how would that help us now?
These threads can be useful for disseminating and analyzing information unfortunately you are just being a distraction
Cayman Islands is a success, how come Trinidad is not?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 11:26 am

elec2020 wrote:the only thing that we haven't done yet is call a SOE. Um, idk if that is needed to get people to do what is right. Maybe it is as some employers still have staff coming into work when they can do stuff on woh. Also, no matter when u come out your home u still seeing numerous cars on the road. Meaning that people still congregating. I remember seeing someone at the grocery day before who came in same time as me. And when i reached by the cashier (like 30-40 mins later, i bought a lot of stuff) my guy was there as well with what must have been under 10 items. Some people so thusty for social interactions that maybe we need a SOE to stop that.
You think an SOE will work ?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 14th, 2021, 11:29 am

j.o.e wrote:Zoom we understand you don’t like Rowley and the PNM but the constant over politicizing is tedious. All around the world there have been continuous lockdowns and spikes. At any moment you can find a country doing better or worse than us and on the flip side when some of them were doing bad we were better off. Cool it a little bit nah.

Zoom is making valid points. Try to keep up.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » May 14th, 2021, 11:31 am

Just imagine if Kamla was still prime minister....... and then imagine she encouraged trinis to lime in Tobago for the Easter weekend in the middle of the worst pandemic in modern history. This then led to 50,000 trinis going Tobago.

Imagine if Kamla then contracted covid-19 in Tobago. Coincidentally after the Easter weekend, we see a spike in cases...... resulting in thousands of new infections close to a hundred deaths and counting.

Why is the media silent on questioning the government's role in this new spike? If Kamla was PM in these circumstances, she would have been blamed and there'd be daily columns and editorials castigating her for the government handling of this crisis. I'm not saying Rowley is solely to blame, since the cause of the spike is we as a people not adhering to the covid-19 protocols like wearing masks and social distancing. But the media seems to have a different standard for this government than they did between 2010 -2015.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 14th, 2021, 11:40 am

zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:the only thing that we haven't done yet is call a SOE. Um, idk if that is needed to get people to do what is right. Maybe it is as some employers still have staff coming into work when they can do stuff on woh. Also, no matter when u come out your home u still seeing numerous cars on the road. Meaning that people still congregating. I remember seeing someone at the grocery day before who came in same time as me. And when i reached by the cashier (like 30-40 mins later, i bought a lot of stuff) my guy was there as well with what must have been under 10 items. Some people so thusty for social interactions that maybe we need a SOE to stop that.

The name of the game is to reduce numbers in the parallel system..until we can get the vaccines to reach herd immunity.
Lockdown or partial lockdown is like jumping high or jumping low on the graph.
The virus is there..it cannot be gone like that. It will always spike up whenever there is an ease in the lockdown.
Its beyond me that the govt allowed what happened on easter. We coulda ban that just like carnival....smh

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » May 14th, 2021, 11:41 am

Country_Bookie wrote:Just imagine if Kamla was still prime minister....... and then imagine she encouraged trinis to lime in Tobago for the Easter weekend in the middle of the worst pandemic in modern history. This then led to 50,000 trinis going Tobago.

Imagine if Kamla then contracted covid-19 in Tobago. Coincidentally after the Easter weekend, we see a spike in cases...... resulting in thousands of new infections close to a hundred deaths and counting.

Why is the media silent on questioning the government's role in this new spike? If Kamla was PM in these circumstances, she would have been blamed and there'd be daily columns and editorials castigating her for the government handling of this crisis. I'm not saying Rowley is solely to blame, since the cause of the spike is we as a people not adhering to the covid-19 protocols like wearing masks and social distancing. But the media seems to have a different standard for this government than they did between 2010 -2015.

The government knew a rise in cases was coming from mid-March. Parasram admitted that publicly and said he warned officials who ignored him.

That alone should have led to pubic inquiries and bacchanal, and led to Deyalsingh's resignation. But alas PNM media silent and UNC studying tent.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 14th, 2021, 11:44 am

Just as I suspected.
https://www.facebook.com/105853701460345/posts/168790881833293/?sfnsn=mo
*MAN DIED 8 DAYS AFTER TAKING COVID VACCINE*

Doctors have confirmed that Princes Town resident Ijaz Haniff, who died eight days after taking the COVID AstraZeneca vaccine, suffered cardiac failure due to a lack of sufficient blood and oxygen leading to his heart.

The report, done by surgeon Dr Ammiel Arra, gave the cause of death as multi-organ failure, bilateral limb and abdominal wall ischaemia, aortic thrombosis, diabetes mellitus/ischaemic heart disease and congestive cardiac failure.

The NCBI states that the narrowing can be caused by a blood clot or by constriction of the blood vessel, but added that it is also caused by the build-up of plaque, called atherosclerosis.

Relatives had told the media that when Haniff was admitted to the San Fernando General Hospital, the medical staff treating him had told them he had a blood clot.

Haniff was laid to rest yesterday, eight days after he took the COVID-19 vaccine.

His sister accused the hospital authorities of covering up the truth.

Insisting that it was complications from the vaccine that caused his death, his eldest sister Nazirah Amin claimed her brother’s medical files had gone missing.

“They covering it up … They say they can’t find his files. Where the files disappear? We don’t know where it disappear? Because they look like they get rid of it as soon he died. As soon as he died they get rid of it and then they call and tell us he died,” she claimed.

CNC3 REPORT

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » May 14th, 2021, 11:45 am

What was his medical history before taking the vaccine.
wtf wrote:Just as I suspected.

Doctors have confirmed that Princes Town resident Ijaz Haniff, who died eight days after taking the COVID AstraZeneca vaccine, suffered cardiac failure due to a lack of sufficient blood and oxygen leading to his heart.

The report, done by surgeon Dr Ammiel Arra, gave the cause of death as multi-organ failure, bilateral limb and abdominal wall ischaemia, aortic thrombosis, diabetes mellitus/ischaemic heart disease and congestive cardiac failure.

The NCBI states that the narrowing can be caused by a blood clot or by constriction of the blood vessel, but added that it is also caused by the build-up of plaque, called atherosclerosis.

Relatives had told the media that when Haniff was admitted to the San Fernando General Hospital, the medical staff treating him had told them he had a blood clot.

Haniff was laid to rest yesterday, eight days after he took the COVID-19 vaccine.

Insisting that it was complications from the vaccine that caused his death, his eldest sister Nazirah Amin claimed her brother’s medical files had gone missing.

“They covering it up … They say they can’t find his files. Where the files disappear? We don’t know where it disappear? Because they look like they get rid of it as soon he died. As soon as he died they get rid of it and then they call and tell us he died,” she claimed.

CNC3 REPORT

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 14th, 2021, 11:54 am

Devourment wrote:The government knew a rise in cases was coming from mid-March. Parasram admitted that publicly and said he warned officials who ignored him.

That alone should have led to pubic inquiries and bacchanal, and led to Deyalsingh's resignation. But alas PNM media silent and UNC studying tent.

When did Dr. Roshan Parasram say this?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » May 14th, 2021, 11:55 am

Late March/April I believe. Or even before. Was in one of those moh press conference

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 14th, 2021, 11:59 am

aaron17 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

The name of the game is to reduce numbers in the parallel system..until we can get the vaccines to reach herd immunity.
The virus is there..it cannot be gone like that. It will always spike up whenever there is an ease in the lockdown.
Its beyond me that the govt allowed what happened on easter. We coulda ban that just like carnival....smh

at this point in time the point is to reduce cases. People still lining up for pies (in Linda's and Massy for example). People still going up and down (idk if its to conduct essential business or just to get out of home). A SOE may help enforce movement restrictions and thus lower cases at a faster rate. As it stands now, this lockdown will be stretched (imo) till maybe august/september. If we have an SOE, it may only be stretched to July. Thats just my view on things. Idk about 50,000 people travelling to Tobago in a weekend. You saying that nearly twice the island's population was there over a weekend. As well as the ferry's and planes could accommodate 50,000 people over such a short point in time? Idk. Also, if Tobago was the cause of the rise in infections then where are the large number of cases for Tobago (i think they got 5 yesterday)? let's stop politicizing the thing. As it does nothing but breed hate and discontent. The last things we need right now.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 14th, 2021, 12:00 pm

ST Auto wrote:What was his medical history before taking the vaccine.

CNC3 REPORT

At his age, he isn't at risk for the blood clots caused by the Astrazeneca vaccine. I'm not ruling out the vaccine's role in this man's death entirely, but he is an anomaly.

Remember well over 150 people have strokes weekly in Trinidad with 10-20% being fatal.

75% of persons who have strokes are over 65.

This means every day 16 elderly persons get strokes in T&T, with 2-3 being fatal.

Roughly 12% of our population is over 60. Let's approximate that to 160k persons.

So 40k / 150k elderly persons got vaccines so 25%.

Given that you'd see quite a few 'coincidental' strokes being blamed on the vaccine.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 14th, 2021, 12:02 pm

ST Auto wrote:What was his medical history before taking the vaccine.

CNC3 REPORT

Safety: The vaccines are dangerous to both healthy individuals and those with pre-existing chronic disease, for reasons such as the following: risk of lethal and non-lethal disruptions of blood clotting including bleeding disorders, thrombosis in the brain, stroke and heart attack; autoimmune and allergic reactions; antibody-dependent enhancement of disease; and vaccine impurities due to rushed manufacturing and unregulated production standards.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/banned ... covid-jabs

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » May 14th, 2021, 12:29 pm

elec2020 wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

at this point in time the point is to reduce cases. People still lining up for pies (in Linda's and Massy for example). People still going up and down (idk if its to conduct essential business or just to get out of home). A SOE may help enforce movement restrictions and thus lower cases at a faster rate. As it stands now, this lockdown will be stretched (imo) till maybe august/september. If we have an SOE, it may only be stretched to July. Thats just my view on things. Idk about 50,000 people travelling to Tobago in a weekend. You saying that nearly twice the island's population was there over a weekend. As well as the ferry's and planes could accommodate 50,000 people over such a short point in time? Idk. Also, if Tobago was the cause of the rise in infections then where are the large number of cases for Tobago (i think they got 5 yesterday)? let's stop politicizing the thing. As it does nothing but breed hate and discontent. The last things we need right now.
In the week leading up to the Easter long holiday weekend, over 50,000 people travelled between Trinidad and Tobago, both on the air and sea bridge.
This, according to Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan, who said the figure represented a seven-day count of travel between the islands.
“The figures that we have so far, we have estimated over 50,000 people would have travelled that week of Easter, back and forth, that was a significant improvement,” Sinanan said.
He congratulated Caribbean Airlines, the Port Authority and the National Infrastructure Development Company Limited for facilitating the transportation of so many people without any challenges.
“What was astonishing is that we have not heard anyone complain about the efficiencies of the sea bridge and the air bridge. I want to congratulate the people at CAL, the people at the port and the people at NIDCO for doing a fantastic job because we had in excess of 50,000 people moving back and forth and everything ran smoothly even though we are in a pandemic.”
Sinanan said Holy Thursday and Good Friday were the two days recorded with the highest number of passengers both by plane and boat.
However, he said an increase in travellers was seen from the weekend before.
“We used it from the weekend to the weekend, so it represents a seven-day count but it is a significant increase and we were able to do it quite comfortably.”
Sinanan said the ferries that operate between the islands are doing so at 75 per cent capacity in keeping with COVID-19 Public Health Regulations.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/50000-travelled- ... -minister/

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Rowley said while it was claimed 50,000 people went to Tobago for Easter, it must be seen as people travelling both ways, adding that if 25,000 were involved one way, there would be 25,000 returning.

He said at normal times, there are usually 15,000 to 20,000 travelling and the additional figure was about 5,000.

“(UNC’s) deliberately trying to mislead the population. We spend a lot of time that could be used for other things trying to undo the lies. That’s most difficult to manage in a pandemic—a lot of misinformation and lies.”

On why people are responding negatively to Government’s messaging, Rowley said, “That’s a good question.”

He, however, noted Opposition claims that he’d called for people to go to Tobago and people went.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-sees ... 78695638a8

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 14th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Devourment wrote:The government knew a rise in cases was coming from mid-March. Parasram admitted that publicly and said he warned officials who ignored him.

Martin Daly's Sunday editorial mentioned it.

https://wired868.com/2021/05/09/daly-br ... ent-spike/
Daly Bread: The March warning—Dr Parasram let slip the govt’s responsibility in current spike

The working week began with a shock, as a result of which we must ask the Minister of Health for truthful answers.

The Prime Minister hosted a news conference on Monday last, in which he announced increased lockdowns. At that event, our trusted Chief Medical Officer, Dr Roshan Parasram, disclosed that he had drawn attention to “the worrying trend of climbing Covid-19-positive numbers since early March”. He did so after more ministerial lectures about our personal responsibility not to contribute to the further spread of the Covid-19 virus by “gathering”.

In passing, I wondered again about gatherings put on by those within the Government’s close political circles, which might contribute to spread. My curiosity grew when Dr Parasram also disclosed that “the contact tracers say that a lot of contacts are coming from private gatherings”. I had raised a red flag last Sunday about condonation of “society” events held contrary to ministerial and other exhortations.

The Monday news conference began with Dr Avery Hinds, our equally trusted Chief Epidemiologist, presenting graphs to show that we are currently experiencing the highest number of Covid infections since August/September 2020 (election time). Dr Maryam Abdool-Richards, Principal Medical Officer—Institutions, followed to warn us that the capacity of the parallel healthcare system could reach collapse in days.

These presentations were the prelude for the PM’s stern alarm about our now perilous situation regarding virus spread. Many of us were not shocked at how perilous the situation had become because we were aware of the “gathering” big time, as well as some of the madness that Easter would bring. The Government stood aside when it knew or ought to have known what an unrestricted Easter would bring.

Over 50,000 persons travelled between Trinidad and Tobago in the week leading up to the long Easter holiday weekend, according to Minister Rohan Sinanan, who was proud of the smooth operation of the air and sea bridges. He congratulated the persons responsible for “a fantastic job” in moving that number of people smoothly “even though we are in a pandemic”.

Reference to this is not intended to fault lovely Tobago or Tobagonians. It simply further demonstrates officials blowing hot and cold about “gathering”, yet blaming those who were infected by the “free-up-for-Easter” atmosphere. The shock was not from the foreseeable Easter fallout. It was Dr Parasram’s disclosure, expressed in the words of the next three paragraphs, that shocked me. Added to that, on Friday last, the PM acknowledged “the laxness starting in mid-March”.

“If you recall, I had said in the early part of March that we noticed a considerable increase. People at the time thought that it was too small. I thought that it was enough to cause a significant increase in terms of a snowball-type effect.

“If it started in early March, just because we were going into a season—as you know, Easter was coming up—there was a period where we expected an increased number of people coming together.

“When you take this kind of increase it goes on top the next, so you double, then you go into a quadruple very fast. If you think about a snowball, the effect is exactly like a snowball. You start small and, very quickly, you go to two, to four, to six, to eight and then to 16, and that is what we are seeing in the graphs that Dr Hinds would have presented”.

Who were “the people who thought the increase was too small”? Minister of Health, was that you? Were there political considerations requiring stimulation of the Tobago domestic tourism economy in light of the six-six Tobago electoral tie?

Those who cast aside Dr Parasram’s early March observation would be boldfaced to reprimand ordinary citizens without shouldering their own responsibility for what appears to be a horrible but foreseeable Easter outcome, given Dr Parasram’s warning and other pointers about rapid spread likely to come out of the Easter weekend.

Is it now clear that the increased lockdowns, not imposed earlier following the March warning, are fatally late; and the persistent, but now abandoned, attempted denials of the South American variant slipping through porous borders were deceiving?

March 11th is when we had enough data to know we needed to lockdown. Not a month a later.

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 12.36.15 pm.png

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Just imagine if Kamla was still prime minister....... and then imagine she encouraged trinis to lime in Tobago for the Easter weekend in the middle of the worst pandemic in modern history. This then led to 50,000 trinis going Tobago.

Well she not even in power and still getting ripped apart.

Like I said many times before UNC is not in power nor are they important at this stage.

Who in charge?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 12:43 pm

Devourment wrote:

The government knew a rise in cases was coming from mid-March. Parasram admitted that publicly and said he warned officials who ignored him.

These are things that the red government and Habit7 don't want you know. They all full of spin and lies.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm

20210514_124118.jpeg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Habit7 wrote:Rowley said while it was claimed 50,000 people went to Tobago for Easter, it must be seen as people travelling both ways, adding that if 25,000 were involved one way, there would be 25,000 returning.

He said at normal times, there are usually 15,000 to 20,000 travelling and the additional figure was about 5,000.

“(UNC’s) deliberately trying to mislead the population. We spend a lot of time that could be used for other things trying to undo the lies. That’s most difficult to manage in a pandemic—a lot of misinformation and lies.”

On why people are responding negatively to Government’s messaging, Rowley said, “That’s a good question.”

He, however, noted Opposition claims that he’d called for people to go to Tobago and people went.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-sees ... 78695638a8
Unc misleading who?

What position are we in now with the number of cases and deaths ?

UNC to blame for not being proactive?

UNC in power?

You really have to be the biggest jack arse on tuner.

UNC is not in power nor are they important at this stage.
Last edited by zoom rader on May 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Daly Bread: The March warning—Dr Parasram let slip the govt’s responsibility in current spike

The working week began with a shock, as a result of which we must ask the Minister of Health for truthful answers.

The Prime Minister hosted a news conference on Monday last, in which he announced increased lockdowns. At that event, our trusted Chief Medical Officer, Dr Roshan Parasram, disclosed that he had drawn attention to “the worrying trend of climbing Covid-19-positive numbers since early March”. He did so after more ministerial lectures about our personal responsibility not to contribute to the further spread of the Covid-19 virus by “gathering”.

In passing, I wondered again about gatherings put on by those within the Government’s close political circles, which might contribute to spread. My curiosity grew when Dr Parasram also disclosed that “the contact tracers say that a lot of contacts are coming from private gatherings”. I had raised a red flag last Sunday about condonation of “society” events held contrary to ministerial and other exhortations.

The Monday news conference began with Dr Avery Hinds, our equally trusted Chief Epidemiologist, presenting graphs to show that we are currently experiencing the highest number of Covid infections since August/September 2020 (election time). Dr Maryam Abdool-Richards, Principal Medical Officer—Institutions, followed to warn us that the capacity of the parallel healthcare system could reach collapse in days.

These presentations were the prelude for the PM’s stern alarm about our now perilous situation regarding virus spread. Many of us were not shocked at how perilous the situation had become because we were aware of the “gathering” big time, as well as some of the madness that Easter would bring. The Government stood aside when it knew or ought to have known what an unrestricted Easter would bring.

Over 50,000 persons travelled between Trinidad and Tobago in the week leading up to the long Easter holiday weekend, according to Minister Rohan Sinanan, who was proud of the smooth operation of the air and sea bridges. He congratulated the persons responsible for “a fantastic job” in moving that number of people smoothly “even though we are in a pandemic”.

Reference to this is not intended to fault lovely Tobago or Tobagonians. It simply further demonstrates officials blowing hot and cold about “gathering”, yet blaming those who were infected by the “free-up-for-Easter” atmosphere. The shock was not from the foreseeable Easter fallout. It was Dr Parasram’s disclosure, expressed in the words of the next three paragraphs, that shocked me. Added to that, on Friday last, the PM acknowledged “the laxness starting in mid-March”.

“If you recall, I had said in the early part of March that we noticed a considerable increase. People at the time thought that it was too small. I thought that it was enough to cause a significant increase in terms of a snowball-type effect.

“If it started in early March, just because we were going into a season—as you know, Easter was coming up—there was a period where we expected an increased number of people coming together.

“When you take this kind of increase it goes on top the next, so you double, then you go into a quadruple very fast. If you think about a snowball, the effect is exactly like a snowball. You start small and, very quickly, you go to two, to four, to six, to eight and then to 16, and that is what we are seeing in the graphs that Dr Hinds would have presented”.

Who were “the people who thought the increase was too small”? Minister of Health, was that you? Were there political considerations requiring stimulation of the Tobago domestic tourism economy in light of the six-six Tobago electoral tie?

Those who cast aside Dr Parasram’s early March observation would be boldfaced to reprimand ordinary citizens without shouldering their own responsibility for what appears to be a horrible but foreseeable Easter outcome, given Dr Parasram’s warning and other pointers about rapid spread likely to come out of the Easter weekend.

Is it now clear that the increased lockdowns, not imposed earlier following the March warning, are fatally late; and the persistent, but now abandoned, attempted denials of the South American variant slipping through porous borders were deceiving?

March 11th is when we had enough data to know we needed to lockdown. Not a month a later.

Habit7 will say Martin is anti red government and has his own agenda.

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » May 14th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Thanks I do remember him saying this during a conference last week. Glad to know someone else like Daly took it up as well.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 14th, 2021, 12:50 pm

K74T wrote:
20210514_124118.jpeg
What a kant, typical red government to leave their disasters to Jah .

Failure act so blame kams and then leave it to Jag to sort out.

Them jump and wave churches only out to make money

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 14th, 2021, 12:51 pm

More businesses closed.
FB_IMG_1621010917685.jpeg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 14814 cases, 256 deaths, 4814 active, 9744 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » May 14th, 2021, 12:59 pm

zoom rader wrote:Who in charge?

PNM.

UNC has NO say.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”