TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 52847 cases, 1555 deaths, 4301 active, 46991 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Fully vaccinated travellers will still need to show a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within 72 hours of their arrival on American soil

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/foreign ... vember-8-5

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 52847 cases, 1555 deaths, 4301 active, 46991 recovered in T&T

Postby adnj » October 16th, 2021, 1:23 pm

Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:U.S. will accept mixed doses of vaccines from international travellers
U.S. to accept Canadians with mixed doses

The CDC says people who received doses of two or more different COVID-19 vaccines will be considered eligible to enter the U.S. next month.

David Shepardson, Reuters
Published Friday, October 15, 2021 7:00PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, October 15, 2021 7:04PM EDT
WASHINGTON, Oct 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said late on Friday that it will accept mixed-dose coronavirus vaccines from international travellers, a boost to travellers from Canada and other places.

The CDC said last week that it would accept any vaccine authorized for use by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization. "While CDC has not recommended mixing types of vaccine in a primary series, we recognize that this is increasingly common in other countries so should be accepted for the interpretation of vaccine records," a CDC spokeswoman said.

The White House said Friday the new vaccine requirements for foreign nationals travelling to the United States will begin Nov. 8 for visitors crossing at land borders as well as international air travellers.

i hope rowely ,understand this and lift the band on international travellers who has mixed vaccines , yuh know the PNM always copy the USA.

The vaccine-mix restriction was relaxed in June and July 2021.

New WHO Approved COVID-19 Vaccine Combination

Port of Spain, July 30th , 2021 – The Ministry of Health advises that, as at today, 30th July, 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) has indicated that the vaccine combination of 1st dose AstraZeneza COVID-19 vaccine and 2nd dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is approved. Trinidad and Tobago has therefore updated its list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations.

Members of the public are therefore advised of the updated list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations for Trinidad and Tobago:

1.     Pfizer-BioNTech - Approved 31st December 2020

2.     AstraZeneca - Approved 15th  February 2021 

3.     Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) - Approved 12th  March 2021

4.     Moderna-NIAID - Approved 30th  April 2021

5.     Sinopharm BIBP- Approved 7th  May 2021

6.     Sinovac-CoronaVac - Approved 1st  June 2021

7.     1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Pfizer – BioNTech - Approved 15th  June 2021

8.     1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Moderna-NIAID - Approved 30th July 2021

http://www.news.gov.tt/content/new-who- ... WrgG4gpCUA

1st dose Pfizer and 2nd dose Moderna mixed is not approved in T&T

both my wife and i has the mixed ,we got it visiting Toronto ,im in Trinidad now and she stayed back .

The are currently no vaccine mixes that are approved for vaccinated traveller status for entry into Canada, either.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/trave ... ing-canada

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » October 16th, 2021, 2:40 pm

adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:U.S. will accept mixed doses of vaccines from international travellers

The CDC says people who received doses of two or more different COVID-19 vaccines will be considered eligible to enter the U.S. next month.

WASHINGTON, Oct 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said late on Friday that it will accept mixed-dose coronavirus vaccines from international travellers, a boost to travellers from Canada and other places.

The CDC said last week that it would accept any vaccine authorized for use by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization. "While CDC has not recommended mixing types of vaccine in a primary series, we recognize that this is increasingly common in other countries so should be accepted for the interpretation of vaccine records," a CDC spokeswoman said.

The White House said Friday the new vaccine requirements for foreign nationals travelling to the United States will begin Nov. 8 for visitors crossing at land borders as well as international air travellers.

i hope rowely ,understand this and lift the band on international travellers who has mixed vaccines , yuh know the PNM always copy the USA.

Port of Spain, July 30th , 2021 – The Ministry of Health advises that, as at today, 30th July, 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) has indicated that the vaccine combination of 1st dose AstraZeneza COVID-19 vaccine and 2nd dose Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is approved. Trinidad and Tobago has therefore updated its list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations.

Members of the public are therefore advised of the updated list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations for Trinidad and Tobago:

7.     1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Pfizer – BioNTech - Approved 15th  June 2021

8.     1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Moderna-NIAID - Approved 30th July 2021

both my wife and i has the mixed ,we got it visiting Toronto ,im in Trinidad now and she stayed back .

The are currently no vaccine mixes that are approved for vaccinated traveller status for entry into Canada, either.

I got my 2 mixed vaccines in Canada my wife . she's a citizen there , pfizer and moderna ,went tru Pearson from Florida airport with my PCR result with no problems ,short trips ,when the land crossing USA / Canada boarders are open ,Nov 8th , from Trinidad i plan to return to Toronto to drive back Florida ,so what you telling me, Canada is giving mixed vaccines and is not approved,feel the backward PNM "as zoom says" regime is a worldwide thing? i already downloaded my QR code via health Ontario,so will be no problems .

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 53689 cases, 1584 deaths, 4315 active, 47790 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 3:25 pm

Based on the conference approximately 30 ppl died who were fully vaccinated...2 percent of deaths

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 53689 cases, 1584 deaths, 4315 active, 47790 recovered in T&T

Postby aaron17 » October 16th, 2021, 3:31 pm

hover11 wrote:Based on the conference approximately 30 ppl died who were fully vaccinated...2 percent of deaths

previous strains?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 3:34 pm

aaron17 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Based on the conference approximately 30 ppl died who were fully vaccinated...2 percent of deaths

previous strains?
It had to be as delta was only recently discovered in this country

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 16th, 2021, 3:35 pm

Public servants coming back out in full from November. Not sure that's a good idea as Delta would be surging by then. Better open outdoors like beaches.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 3:37 pm

redmanjp wrote:Public servants coming back out in full from November. Not sure that's a good idea as Delta would be surging by then. Better open outdoors like beaches.
I foreseeing alot of ministries will be closing for sanitization very soon and outbreaks but let's pretend everything is back to normal and open all schools because I can't understand public servants coming back out with vaxxed and unvaxxed yet children must be segregated .......how???

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 16th, 2021, 3:44 pm

o ok....

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » October 16th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Those two guys that died, look how that story gonna be twisted

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 16th, 2021, 3:50 pm

hover11 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Public servants coming back out in full from November. Not sure that's a good idea as Delta would be surging by then. Better open outdoors like beaches.
I foreseeing alot of ministries will be closing for sanitization very soon and outbreaks but let's pretend everything is back to normal and open all schools because I can't understand public servants coming back out with vaxxed and unvaxxed yet children must be segregated .......how???

What’s your suggested solution though ? Remain closed ?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Reopen everything that's my solution, so an office cannot have spread but a school can so the school only attends to the vaccinated children.....double standards tbh

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 16th, 2021, 3:58 pm

hover11 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Reopen everything that's my solution, so an office cannot have spread but a school can so the school only attends to the vaccinated children.....double standards tbh

Lol no words for this idiot.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 16th, 2021, 3:58 pm

That public service resumption is mess. So we saying everything that was learnt in the past two years we just throwing out the door. Back to traffic, back to the clearly outdated old ways of work with zero incorporation of satellite work systems.
This country is so much crap yes.
Waiting to see Delta spread like wildfire

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Yea because you and all knows it makes no sense, a high percentage of the public service remains unvaccinated as they were not forced like their private counterparts, you spinning top in mud by bringing them back in an office for the entire day with cloth masks but by all means this is perfect awaiting for the sheit to hit the fan

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 16th, 2021, 4:03 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Yea because you and all knows it makes no sense, a high percentage of the public service is still unvaccinated, you spinning top in mud by bringing them back in an office for the entire day with cloth masks but by all means this is perfect awaiting for the sheit to hit the fan

Make up your mind. What happen to the "99% survival rate"? You use to dismiss the importance of vaccines?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Yea because you and all knows it makes no sense, a high percentage of the public service is still unvaccinated, you spinning top in mud by bringing them back in an office for the entire day with cloth masks but by all means this is perfect awaiting for the sheit to hit the fan

Make up your mind. What happen to the "99% survival rate"? You use to dismiss the importance of vaccines?
Well sir if you comfortable with ministries closing every week for sanitization and employees on quarantine thus delaying service delivery by all means, I wonder who advises these government ministers no foresight whatsoever

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 16th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:

I got my 2 mixed vaccines in Canada my wife . she's a citizen there , pfizer and moderna ,went tru Pearson from Florida airport with my PCR result with no problems ,short trips ,when the land crossing USA / Canada boarders are open ,Nov 8th , from Trinidad i plan to return to Toronto to drive back Florida ,so what you telling me, Canada is giving mixed vaccines and is not approved,feel the backward PNM "as zoom says" regime is a worldwide thing? i already downloaded my QR code via health Ontario,so will be no problems .

That particular vaccine mix is currently not approved by the USA for travel, so far as I can tell. I can't speak to how you will be affected crossing at Niagra or Detroit.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 16th, 2021, 4:30 pm

thank god, bar and river coming back

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 16th, 2021, 4:32 pm

hover11 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Well sir if you comfortable with ministries closing every week for sanitization and employees on quarantine thus delaying service delivery by all means, I wonder who advises these government ministers no foresight whatsoever

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 16th, 2021, 4:46 pm

paid_influencer wrote:thank god, bar and river coming back

Sigh,

It’s very sad the river is going to be stink and nasty with Trini pollution all over again.

When will you Trinis stop littering?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 16th, 2021, 5:02 pm

wait..beaches open ?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 16th, 2021, 5:05 pm

aaron17 wrote:wait..beaches open ?
Hey Aaron,

Not yet apparently only ventilated areas are safe while outdoor fresh air surroundings are not

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » October 16th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Oh

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » October 16th, 2021, 6:39 pm

adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:

That particular vaccine mix is currently not approved by the USA for travel, so far as I can tell. I can't speak to how you will be affected crossing at Niagra or Detroit.

andj

U.S. says it will permit entry of Canadian travellers with mixed vaccine doses

The U.S. says it will allow Canadians into the country who have received a mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedule, when the U.S. opens its borders to fully vaccinated travellers on Nov. 8.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 16th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Screenshot_20211016-185415_Facebook.jpg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 16th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:
Xplode wrote:
adnj wrote:

andj

U.S. says it will permit entry of Canadian travellers with mixed vaccine doses

The U.S. says it will allow Canadians into the country who have received a mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedule, when the U.S. opens its borders to fully vaccinated travellers on Nov. 8.
I see the new update that was posted yesterday. You seem to be okay. Good luck on that 1500 mile drive to Florida.

--------

Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series.  The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... html#annex

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 16th, 2021, 7:18 pm

man, idk about the full capacity thing nah. iz like they trying to schedule a lockdown just after xmas

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 16th, 2021, 7:44 pm

We get thru boi @st7

Everything opening up!

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 16th, 2021, 8:04 pm

lol i just glad i can sit down for a drink oui

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”