TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby SuperiorMan » July 6th, 2022, 7:09 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Quick question what is the difference between ending the mandate now and ending it in a few weeks ????

What science are you following ?

good question
People that are completely ignorant of the world around them ask questions that require so little effort to answer:

- To determine if the trend continues to improve.
Sure with cloth masks that offer little to no protection. Continue wearing your mask I will be enjoying fresh air.

Hoever how many masks you feel them fellas wearing and how many times you think they wash it

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 6th, 2022, 7:17 pm

Duane in the next thread say it have a Saharan Dust plume coming. So you enjoy your saharan dust and I will enjoy my 95% particulates filtered air.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 6th, 2022, 8:25 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Quick question what is the difference between ending the mandate now and ending it in a few weeks ????

good question
People that are completely ignorant of the world around them ask questions that require so little effort to answer:

Sure with cloth masks that offer little to no protection. Continue wearing your mask I will be enjoying fresh air.

Hoever how many masks you feel them fellas wearing and how many times you think they wash it

Hmm. I didn't believe that even you would be stupid enough to wash a disposable respirator.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 6th, 2022, 8:27 pm

adnj wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

good question

Hmm. I didn't believe that even you would be stupid enough to wash a disposable respirator.

I didn't know you were stupid enough to think I was talking about that.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 6th, 2022, 9:11 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Duane in the next thread say it have a Saharan Dust plume coming. So you enjoy your saharan dust and I will enjoy my 95% particulates filtered air.
Saharan dust mc.My nose already start to react.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 6th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Just last week I see a lady double mask up, driving alone in she car on the highway. I swear the mask has a super placebo effect on some people.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 6th, 2022, 10:38 pm

Gladiator wrote:Just last week I see a lady double mask up, driving alone in she car on the highway. I swear the mask has a super placebo effect on some people.

Quite possible she had multiple errands to run and she just came from 1 place and on her way to another place she didn't bother to take it off. Sometimes I keep it on if it's like 5 mins away.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby MaxPower » July 6th, 2022, 11:13 pm

Friends,

When will the macooing stop? Everywhere u go it always have some googly eye Trini staring you down.

The woman could have had her mask on while driving alone for many reasons:

1. Her choice, personal preference, she feels to.
2. Not her car or it’s company policy.
3. Bad smell, mould, dust.
4. Covid positive patient on the way to retest/quarantine.
5. We have been wearing masks for over 2 years now, it’s become so common we even forget that we have it on.

The list goes on and more than likely she is just being responsible unlike the majority of the population.

Jeez mind allyuh business.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » July 7th, 2022, 1:04 am

redmanjp wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Just last week I see a lady double mask up, driving alone in she car on the highway. I swear the mask has a super placebo effect on some people.

Quite possible she had multiple errands to run and she just came from 1 place and on her way to another place she didn't bother to take it off. Sometimes I keep it on if it's like 5 mins away.

This ….. also if I’m going to pick someone up I have it on beforehand so they know what’s the scene

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:09 am

timelapse wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I feel my phone is getting the best of me as well. As soon as i go on google...instant covid stories coming up ...with negative stuff like back to masking, new variant is concerning etc. Same goes for weather.
I feel you bro.I have those same anxiety issues.I found what works for me to give me a feeling of empowerment and conquer some fears in my hiking activities.I am antisocial as well,so this works for me.Small victories add up in your mind and eventually will overpower the anxiety.Find something that makes you emotionally stronger.
Believe in yourself and you will overcome it.
I not on sheit eh,I really mean this and hope you do well.
And what do u see when u come off ur media, and just navigating the real world?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:30 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Image

7 day average still above 100 and that’s without sufficient testing
Most ppl with mild symptoms are testing at home or not at all.

yesterday briefing, minister was ask a direct question about if they feel they might be missing numbers because of the home testing. deliesngh said that u all should not be confused, their assessment is SOLLY based on hospital admissions. therefore, they are missing NOTHING!

when numbers was in full swing, and from president to parlour girl was saying, 'look, the numbers high, covee gonna kill all ah we', i was saying the death rate wasnt high enough to cause a problem. and govt was just saying that, to push the population to take vax.
now that they want to normalize, they fall back on a figure that showing that it not too bad.

is either u all fall in line with govt narrative that the death rate is low enough that covee isnt a problem, or u all say the under-testing IS hiding the real infection numbers, and that govt is on folly.

imo, govt was using numbers to push their propaganda; before vax, they was saying numbers was good, they were managing it well... and any bump was tings outside thier control. when they wasnted to lock down, they said numbers was high. when they wanted to vax, they said every body dying. when they wanted to vax the children, they said children dropping like flies. now they want to open up, is the hospital admissions are low.

at this stage, covee is wide spread. the only thing do, is to ensure ur move around and expose urself to the new variants. DO NOT keep virally isolated so much that ur immunesystem is naive to the newer strains, it will be more challenging for it to fite those viruses. the new variants are mutating very fast, that there is significant viral escape from both injection and natural immunity.

what was interesting, is that the said that they still found delta cases... that means we still have isolation pockets. but those people would only have immunty for the strains that far differnt to what is in the wider public. therefore their immunity may struggle to battle the newer ones. they need to get exposed to the newer strains, to keep them selves armed for the next new strain,

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:32 am

j.o.e wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

This ….. also if I’m going to pick someone up I have it on beforehand so they know what’s the scene

possible, as i do the same. but nah, she just a karen. and guess how long she will use each mask before changing to a fresh one...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:35 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
adnj wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

good question

I didn't know you were stupid enough to think I was talking about that.

troll bot trolling itself now. i stop taking it on a while now. let it self destruct

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:42 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Mask mandate to end on July 17th as per MoH presser this morning. Still trying to find the spot in the clip but the comments seems to verify the date.

mask mandate will remain in healthcare settings

High risk groups still recommended to mask - especially indoors and in public transport, ferry, plane, etc.

So is it that masks just stop working or they never worked?

they feel the current risks do not warrant a mandate
You can still wear a mask if you feel the risk to you warrants wearing a mask to protect yourself or others from you

what you think businesses going to do though?
the masks always posed a security issue, many businesses may ban you from wearing masks to enter their establishments

we haven't 'undecleared' the covee pandemic yet. to its still an official concern at a national level. MoH more or less said masking is personal responsiblity and has places and groups that SHOULD still wear it.
so, businesses SHOULD NOT FORCE people to remove their masks.

IMO, businesses should still be able to enforce SAFE ZONE protocols at thier premises, if they so think covee is bad.

cause, the mechanisms for spread hasnt changed, is only the outcome after contracting it.. not so much people dying.

and the safe zones was not about preventing the death after infection, it was about limiting contamination from one person to another to reduce infection rate.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 5:56 am

what i expecting is, might have a small bump after mask get removed, for a month or more.. if the cloth masks were working... slight tho.
but, that would serve to spread the new variants, well. when newer strains emerge and get imported, as long as the population had the prevous strain that not that dissimilar, they would have the best protection, apart from a vax that is specifically tailored to that new strain.

in other words, normal flu like behaviour

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 7th, 2022, 7:02 am

32 million in fines looks nice on paper but how many actually going to pay this lol
FB_IMG_1657191696477.jpg

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 7th, 2022, 7:45 am

hover11 wrote:32 million in fines looks nice on paper but how many actually going to pay this lolFB_IMG_1657191696477.jpg

I know 4 people that got tickets for not wearing masks and none of them paid any fines.
Police officer never submitted ticket book for the first, 2 people challenged and police never showed up to court and the last person just never bothered.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 7th, 2022, 7:47 am

sMASH wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Mask mandate to end on July 17th as per MoH presser this morning. Still trying to find the spot in the clip but the comments seems to verify the date.

High risk groups still recommended to mask - especially indoors and in public transport, ferry, plane, etc.

You can still wear a mask if you feel the risk to you warrants wearing a mask to protect yourself or others from you

the masks always posed a security issue, many businesses may ban you from wearing masks to enter their establishments

we haven't 'undecleared' the covee pandemic yet. to its still an official concern at a national level. MoH more or less said masking is personal responsiblity and has places and groups that SHOULD still wear it.

IMO, businesses should still be able to enforce SAFE ZONE protocols at thier premises, if they so think covee is bad.

cause, the mechanisms for spread hasnt changed, is only the outcome after contracting it.. not so much people dying.

and the safe zones was not about preventing the death after infection, it was about limiting contamination from one person to another to reduce infection rate.

I thought it was about getting the general population accustomed to limited freedoms.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 7th, 2022, 7:51 am

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

When will the macooing stop? Everywhere u go it always have some googly eye Trini staring you down.

The woman could have had her mask on while driving alone for many reasons:

1. Her choice, personal preference, she feels to.
2. Not her car or it’s company policy.
3. Bad smell, mould, dust.
4. Covid positive patient on the way to retest/quarantine.
5. We have been wearing masks for over 2 years now, it’s become so common we even forget that we have it on.

The list goes on and more than likely she is just being responsible unlike the majority of the population.

Jeez mind allyuh business.

Agree ... If you see someone with mental health issues just leave them be.
Let them wear their masks in their cars by themselves.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 7th, 2022, 8:03 am

drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

I thought it was about getting the general population accustomed to limited freedoms.

shhhh, ur saying the quiet part out loud... u will sound like a wolf to the sheep.
grooming the population.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 7th, 2022, 10:27 am

Trinis,

Will you be wearing your masks in public or in the work place if you have the common cold/flu?

Will you still continue to wash your hands?

Have we learnt anything from this pandemic?

I think if mask mandates are lifted, people who have flu like symptoms should wear their masks or stay home. Then again, Trinis will do as they please but i hope that those who choose to wear a mask to protect their bodies from contagious snorting, sneezing, hawking and spitting Trinis will not be asked to remove it for security reasons.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 7th, 2022, 10:53 am

drchaos wrote:
hover11 wrote:32 million in fines looks nice on paper but how many actually going to pay this lolFB_IMG_1657191696477.jpg

I know 4 people that got tickets for not wearing masks and none of them paid any fines.
Police officer never submitted ticket book for the first, 2 people challenged and police never showed up to court and the last person just never bothered.

i got a ticket for not wearing mask as well
when i tried to pay it online it wasn't showing up so i never bother

the website says to submit pictures of the ticket if its not showing up online, yeah right...like i gonna do that

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 7th, 2022, 11:26 am

MaxPower wrote:Trinis,

Will you be wearing your masks in public or in the work place if you have the common cold/flu?

I think if mask mandates are lifted, people who have flu like symptoms should wear their masks or stay home. Then again, Trinis will do as they please but i hope that those who choose to wear a mask to protect their bodies from contagious snorting, sneezing, hawking and spitting Trinis will not be asked to remove it for security reasons.
So what about in house dining? They may have to implement a system back in place for vax and unvax since anyone can go in all now to reflect what minist. Of health said. You can't really depend on somone's personal choice. Damn it...i feel like i talking like a WHO health scientist.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 7th, 2022, 11:28 am

there are no longer any safe zone regulations

really its personal choice

the vaxxed dont need to care if the unvaxxed are eating next to them

and the unvaxxed dont care if they live or die so everything good

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 7th, 2022, 11:32 am

dont you pay someone to clean up after yourself? sounds like you're projecting there buddy

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 7th, 2022, 11:32 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:there are no longer any safe zone regulations

really its personal choice

the vaxxed dont need to care if the unvaxxed are eating next to them

and the unvaxxed dont care if they live or die so everything good

saul goodman

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 7th, 2022, 11:39 am

aaron17 wrote:

So what about in house dining? They may have to implement a system back in place for vax and unvax since anyone can go in all now to reflect what minist. Of health said. You can't really depend on somone's personal choice. Damn it...i feel like i talking like a WHO health scientist.

in house dining was always a risk long before they decided to lift mask mandates cuz u cant wear a mask while eating anyway - but outdoor dining is safer as u have good ventilation- just like cigarette smoke is diluted outdoors but it accumulates indoors- same logic with viral particles. the safe zone vax requirement dont really make sense with Omicron strains because they are infecting vaxxed ppl almost as much as unvaxxed ppl. unless u get an updated omicron vax which we not getting anytime soon.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 7th, 2022, 4:38 pm

As of July 2, Omicron BA.5 was responsible for about 53% of COVID infections in the US, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. BA.4, another contagious Omicron subvariant, accounted for 16.5% of the infections.

Reinfections with BA.5 and BA.4 are typically less severe compared to early COVID infections, David Dowdy, MD, epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, told Insider. As the virus has evolved some resistance to antibodies, immune systems are also learning to respond to it without making the body go haywire, he said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-v ... 2022-7?amp

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 7th, 2022, 5:31 pm

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 7th, 2022, 5:35 pm

paid_influencer wrote:https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2022/07/04/Get-Ready-Forever-Plague/

people accuse me of being pessimistic, so tbh it probably won't be that bad

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”