TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby redmanjp » July 4th, 2022, 5:44 pm

https://fortune.com/2022/07/03/long-covid-whos-most-at-risk-of-developing/

Who is at most risk of long covid?

1) Those who’ve had repeat COVID infections, regardless of severity.
If you’ve survived COVID unscathed, the odds aren’t necessarily in your favor next time around. A preprint of a study published earlier this month on ResearchSquare found that risk of long COVID, hospitalization, and death increased with each COVID reinfection, Azola says.

2) Those who had a high viral load during their COVID infection.
A recent study found that those who had higher viral loads during their acute COVID infection—regardless of severity of symptoms—were more likely to develop long COVID. Treatments like COVID antiviral Paxlovid may eventually reduce long COVID in this at-risk population by squashing their viral loads, Azola says.

3) Those who harbor dormant Epstein-Barr Virus.
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) is one of the most common human viruses. Many are infected during childhood and don’t know it, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The virus can cause mononucleosis and, according to some researchers, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome—which, similar to long COVID, includes symptoms like fatigue, concentration problems, and headaches. The aforementioned study found that some long COVID patients were more likely to have levels of reactivated EBV circulating.

4) Those who have autoimmune antibodies circulating.
The aforementioned study also found that those with auto-antibodies circulating were at higher risk. Only 6% of long COVID patients with auto-antibodies had been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition before COVID, researchers wrote. “They seem to have an increased number of antibodies in their blood, but we don’t know why or how,” Azola says.

5) Those who had neurological symptoms during their COVID infection.
Dr. Panagis Galiatsatos—an assistant professor at Johns Hopkins’ Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine who treats long-COVID patients—hypothesizes that a subset of “long haulers” who experience fatigue and shortness of breath have brains that misinterpret subclinical inflammation or remaining virus. Their neurons, damaged by COVID, signal for the body to produce sensations that encourage them to seek more sleep and oxygen. In his clinical experience, long COVID patients who fit into this bucket often experienced neurological symptoms—like loss of taste or smell and bad headaches—during their acute COVID infection.

6) Those who haven’t been vaccinated.
There is conflicting data about how much vaccination reduces one’s risk of long COVID. “Some studies say a lot, some say 10%, but the overarching message is that vaccines decrease the risk of long COVID,” Azola says.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 4th, 2022, 5:55 pm

st7 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
st7 wrote:smash, you doh have nothing else to do during the day? find a wok, be productive, make money to pay for ticket
I must wuk to mind Rowley?
That lack of oxygen affecting u all.

bai is how u howling on tuner during the day as if u doh have on sheit to do.

eat a snickers nah, cool off. lol

no

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 11:06 am

Here we go again...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 5th, 2022, 11:16 am

not only that, it appears to favour the lungs once again which makes it more severe. like another Delta

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 11:24 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... nts-ba-4-5

"How severe is the disease from BA.4/5?

A recent pre-print publication (a publication that has so far not been peer-reviewed) from a Japanese research group found that in lab-based, cell-culture experiments, BA.4/5 was able to replicate more efficiently in the lungs than BA.2. In hamster experiments, it developed into more serious illness.

However, data from South Africa and the United Kingdom found that their BA.4/5 wave didn’t see a major increase in severe disease and death.

This is possibly because of the high rates of immunity due to previous infections. Our high rates of vaccine-induced immunity might have a similar protective effect here."

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 5th, 2022, 11:31 am

Our high rates of vaccine-induced immunity might have a similar protective effect here."

what about low rates like here in trinidad?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 12:02 pm

Seems like a major disappointment living on this planet. Crime, weather, virus, fear etc...the amount of worries I have..

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 5th, 2022, 1:27 pm

aaron17 wrote:Seems like a major disappointment living on this planet. Crime, weather, virus, fear etc...the amount of worries I have..

Bro you have anxiety problems don't you.

You probably should try some meds or start exercising.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 1:51 pm

yeah....maybe I should stop watching news ..it depressing

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 5th, 2022, 3:56 pm

aaron17 wrote:Seems like a major disappointment living in T&T. Crime, weather, virus, fear etc...the amount of worries I have..

Fixed

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 5th, 2022, 5:39 pm

aaron17 wrote:yeah....maybe I should stop watching news ..it depressing

this is a good start. next thing is to turn off social media. facebook, instagram, tiktok, etc is brain poison. stop viewing that chit.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » July 5th, 2022, 5:53 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:yeah....maybe I should stop watching news ..it depressing

this is a good start. next thing is to turn off social media. facebook, instagram, tiktok, etc is brain poison. stop viewing that chit.

And tuner

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 5th, 2022, 6:09 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Seems like a major disappointment living on this planet. Crime, weather, virus, fear etc...the amount of worries I have..

bro i have anxiety problems. it takes time to manage it and it isn't something you can address in one line. there is no magic solution.

PAHO put out a good booklet on managing stress, called " Doing What Matters in Times of Stress: An Illustrated Guide. Adapted Version for the Caribbean." I highly recommend everybody read the guide.

https://www.paho.org/en/documents/doing ... -caribbean

Overview

The Caribbean Development Bank and the Pan American Health Organization have developed this stress management guide to help people cope with adversity. The publication is an adaptation for the Caribbean of Doing What Matters in Times of Stress: An Illustrated Guide, a World Health Organization publication to support implementation of its recommendations for stress management. This guide is for all who experience stress, ranging from parents and other caregivers to health professionals working in difficult situations. Informed by available evidence and extensive field testing, the guide provides information and practical skills to help cope with adversity. While the causes of adversity must be addressed, there is also a need to protect and support people’s mental health. This publication has five sections, each containing a new idea and technique to cope with stress.

These are easy to learn and can be used for just a few minutes a day to help reduce stress. Readers can go through one section every few days and take time to practice the exercises and use the learning in the days in between. Another option is for them to read the book through once, applying whatever they can, and then read it again, taking more time to appreciate the ideas and practice the techniques. Practicing and applying the ideas to daily life is key for reducing stress. The guide can be read at home, during break or rest periods at work, before going to sleep, or at any other time when people might have a few moments to concentrate on taking care of themselves.

stressed.jpg

values.jpg

beinghooked.jpg

I highly recommend you read the whole guide (lots of pictures and comics).

half the battle is recognizing when these negative thoughts are hooking you, identifying them for what they are, and knowing how to unhook from them.

Also, I would recommend getting a Playstation. they have this new service called Playstation Plus Extra where you get a huge game library on subscription (like $99 USD/year and tons and tons of games). Really good to sink time in and take your mind off stressors.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » July 5th, 2022, 6:40 pm

Isn't stopping mask wearing like making murder legal?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 5th, 2022, 6:49 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Isn't stopping mask wearing like making murder legal?

YES. It is SOCIAL MURDER

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 5th, 2022, 6:50 pm

Had them anxiety thing too but it gone.

Hooked up with an Indo chick from Valsayn and blaze thru that like there is no tomorrow. Poof anxiety gone.

Ofcourse left her for a high color Hispanic woman (did ancestryDNA and found out she has 99% ancestry from Madrid) and things working so better for status and kids.

Lemme know how things going for you guys. Just giving my lil experience and advice.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 5th, 2022, 6:57 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Had them anxiety thing too but it gone.

Hooked up with an Indo chick from Valsayn and blaze thru that like there is no tomorrow. Poof anxiety gone.

Ofcourse left her for a high color Hispanic woman (did ancestryDNA and found out she has 99% ancestry from Madrid) and things working so better for status and kids.

Lemme know how things going for you guys. Just giving my lil experience and advice.

Learie Joseph have competition

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 5th, 2022, 6:58 pm

matix wrote:

Who? If he's from Trinidad, I only watch high class entertainment people sorry.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » July 5th, 2022, 7:17 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
matix wrote:

Who? If he's from Trinidad, I only watch high class entertainment people sorry.

You tell em VEVO!!!

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » July 5th, 2022, 7:42 pm

Yuh could take on the weight of the world and all the sorrow it brings or you could keep drinking

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 5th, 2022, 7:53 pm

why do these things worry you?

especially weather?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 8:48 pm

st7 wrote:

especially weather?

Feel that these have consequences that would negatively affect my life.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 5th, 2022, 8:49 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

bro i have anxiety problems. it takes time to manage it and it isn't something you can address in one line. there is no magic solution.

PAHO put out a good booklet on managing stress, called " Doing What Matters in Times of Stress: An Illustrated Guide. Adapted Version for the Caribbean." I highly recommend everybody read the guide.

https://www.paho.org/en/documents/doing ... -caribbean

Overview

The Caribbean Development Bank and the Pan American Health Organization have developed this stress management guide to help people cope with adversity. The publication is an adaptation for the Caribbean of Doing What Matters in Times of Stress: An Illustrated Guide, a World Health Organization publication to support implementation of its recommendations for stress management. This guide is for all who experience stress, ranging from parents and other caregivers to health professionals working in difficult situations. Informed by available evidence and extensive field testing, the guide provides information and practical skills to help cope with adversity. While the causes of adversity must be addressed, there is also a need to protect and support people’s mental health. This publication has five sections, each containing a new idea and technique to cope with stress.

These are easy to learn and can be used for just a few minutes a day to help reduce stress. Readers can go through one section every few days and take time to practice the exercises and use the learning in the days in between. Another option is for them to read the book through once, applying whatever they can, and then read it again, taking more time to appreciate the ideas and practice the techniques. Practicing and applying the ideas to daily life is key for reducing stress. The guide can be read at home, during break or rest periods at work, before going to sleep, or at any other time when people might have a few moments to concentrate on taking care of themselves.

stressed.jpg

values.jpg

beinghooked.jpg

I highly recommend you read the whole guide (lots of pictures and comics).

half the battle is recognizing when these negative thoughts are hooking you, identifying them for what they are, and knowing how to unhook from them.

Also, I would recommend getting a Playstation. they have this new service called Playstation Plus Extra where you get a huge game library on subscription (like $99 USD/year and tons and tons of games). Really good to sink time in and take your mind off stressors.
Will look into it . Thx

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 5th, 2022, 9:31 pm

aaron17 wrote:
st7 wrote:

especially weather?

Feel that these have consequences that would negatively affect my life.

it sounds like you overthinking things.

let's try some logical reasoning (you dont need to post it here)... for every factor you listed out - define how you 'feel' it would negatively affect your life. then figure out if it is something you can control.

1. if it's something you can control, then do something about it.
2. if it's something you cannot control, then adapt or accept.

one last thing -- has each of them negatively affected your life before? and if it has, how have you moved past it?

only you can help yourself, see or define a change within you. if you (you in general) want to make excuses instead of doing something about it or coming up with a solution, then seek help rather than complain all the time. (again, not targeted at you)

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby MaxPower » July 5th, 2022, 9:36 pm

aaron,

Don’t study stD. Poor youngman sits on Tuner everyday macooin what everyone is typing and always complaining. Don’t answer his questions either, he’s troll baiting you.

aaron you type anything you like here and the boys here will try their best to answer as they usually do.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 5th, 2022, 10:30 pm

7 day average still above 100 and that’s without sufficient testing
Most ppl with mild symptoms are testing at home or not at all.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 6th, 2022, 4:11 am

I feel my phone is getting the best of me as well. As soon as i go on google...instant covid stories coming up ...with negative stuff like back to masking, new variant is concerning etc. Same goes for weather.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 6th, 2022, 7:34 am

aaron17 wrote:I feel my phone is getting the best of me as well. As soon as i go on google...instant covid stories coming up ...with negative stuff like back to masking, new variant is concerning etc. Same goes for weather.
I feel you bro.I have those same anxiety issues.I found what works for me to give me a feeling of empowerment and conquer some fears in my hiking activities.I am antisocial as well,so this works for me.Small victories add up in your mind and eventually will overpower the anxiety.Find something that makes you emotionally stronger.
Believe in yourself and you will overcome it.
I not on sheit eh,I really mean this and hope you do well.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 6th, 2022, 11:32 am

Mask mandate to end on July 17th as per MoH presser this morning. Still trying to find the spot in the clip but the comments seems to verify the date.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 6th, 2022, 11:34 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Mask mandate to end on July 17th as per MoH presser this morning. Still trying to find the spot in the clip but the comments seems to verify the date.

mask mandate will remain in healthcare settings

High risk groups still recommended to mask - especially indoors and in public transport, ferry, plane, etc.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”