TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby redmanjp » May 16th, 2022, 5:05 pm

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2022, 5:07 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:I eh taking no covee Vax... Have no problem with all others, had all others.
But this covee Vax causing blood clots in small amts for people since the trials. And I ain't want to be the in the small amts.

Ctrl c/v master will Come and say there is no evidence. Like a typical brick.

more so the J&J vax. not so much Pfizer.

also, u realize those chances way less than the 1-2% chance of death from 'covee' right?

u realize that basically the body responding the same way it will likely respond to the actual virus- in other words 'covee' itself will more likely give u blood clots right?

again, is not that each person will get share that 1-2%... is taht 1-2% of the people will be permanently affected by it. yes, the majority of people will be okay with it... but a small minority will not. and i not takng that chance..

my stance was always, take it if u want, but dont restrict people if thy dont.... the covee vax that is, none against the normal ones we already take.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » May 16th, 2022, 5:41 pm

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:I eh taking no covee Vax... Have no problem with all others, had all others.
But this covee Vax causing blood clots in small amts for people since the trials. And I ain't want to be the in the small amts.

Ctrl c/v master will Come and say there is no evidence. Like a typical brick.

more so the J&J vax. not so much Pfizer.

also, u realize those chances way less than the 1-2% chance of death from 'covee' right?

u realize that basically the body responding the same way it will likely respond to the actual virus- in other words 'covee' itself will more likely give u blood clots right?

A co worker about 110lbs dont smoke or drink about 39 years suffered a small stoke about 3 months after taking second shot. He recovered fully i think but who knows what damage was done.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 16th, 2022, 7:11 pm

Ppl who didn't take vaccine...allyuh socializing n thing outside? Or still social distancing

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2022, 8:23 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Ppl who didn't take vaccine...allyuh socializing n thing outside? Or still social distancing
Not much. Cause it have the normal virus going round as well. And a the new strains that got specialized, cause children didn't mingle, making a big mess.
So, let that even out, and get the antigens for those a Lil later

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 19th, 2022, 6:29 am

Well, it's not the schools that causing covid numbers now.
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists
2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 19th, 2022, 7:26 am

sMASH wrote:Well, it's not the schools that causing covid numbers now.
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists
2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

His actual explanation of number of tests and positives in schools is logical tho.
In a nutshell testing in schools increased 3 times week on week and the positives were about the same.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 19th, 2022, 7:42 am

j.o.e wrote:
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

His actual explanation of number of tests and positives in schools is logical tho.
In a nutshell testing in schools increased 3 times week on week and the positives were about the same.

lies, damn lies, and statistics... if they only check well children...

but, we should really do that seroprevalence study

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 19th, 2022, 9:18 am

sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
U get it from ur govt, who is advised from the doctors and their scientists2Q%3D%3D(30).jpg

With the introduction of ridiculously cheap antigen testing that is not reported, any sort of stats the Gov giving you with case numbers is a gross misrepresentation of whats actually going on.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 19th, 2022, 9:27 am

drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

With the introduction of ridiculously cheap antigen testing that is not reported, any sort of stats the Gov giving you with case numbers is a gross misrepresentation of whats actually going on.

Anyone with kids in school will tell you of the mass absenteeism of children.
My son is in Infants Yr 1 and he was absent for a week last week. Spoke with the teachers who said in the past few weeks so much kids getting sick its 50% attendance. I knew something was up as traffic after the 1st week really tailed off and I am speaking of the El Dorado/Tunapuna area which has a mix of around 20 schools in a 5kms radius

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 19th, 2022, 10:13 am

drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

The two human activities with the highest impact on disease spread for COVID have been small gatherings and attending school.

There may not be testing evidence for infection spread but COVID cases were expected to increase as soon as nasty, stupid, infected people went back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents sent their nasty, stupid, infected children back to school.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-020-01009-0Image

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 19th, 2022, 12:38 pm

So why were schools closed for two years if there is very little spread in schools?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 19th, 2022, 1:42 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:So why were schools closed for two years if there is very little spread in schools?

Let me help you to understand: eliminating small gatherings and closing schools reduced COVID spread more than other restrictions.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 19th, 2022, 2:44 pm

Ctrl c/v master says says schools spread covid, but deliesingh says it have covid, but not spreading covid...

Either way, masks wukkin!

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 19th, 2022, 3:15 pm

adnj wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:So why were schools closed for two years if there is very little spread in schools?

Let me help you to understand: eliminating small gatherings and closing schools reduced COVID spread more than other restrictions.

So why it not spreading in schools now?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 19th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
adnj wrote:

Why is the ministry saying that there is no evidence of COVID spread? Why were there more than 320 COVID cases in schools in one week?

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » May 19th, 2022, 4:17 pm

adnj wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:
adnj wrote:

Why is the ministry saying that there is no evidence of COVID spread? Why were there more than 320 COVID cases in schools in one week?
The seed of doubt has been planted, will you crush it or let it grow?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 19th, 2022, 5:54 pm

Deyalsingh: Fourth COVID vaccine for selected people

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/deyalsingh-fourt ... ed-people/

Dam I haven't even gotten my first

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 19th, 2022, 6:54 pm

hover11 wrote:Deyalsingh: Fourth COVID vaccine for selected people

It's does always start off as "just for some people" then next thing you know everybody need it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 20th, 2022, 10:28 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
hover11 wrote:Deyalsingh: Fourth COVID vaccine for selected people

It's does always start off as "just for some people" then next thing you know everybody need it.
R value. This not as contagious, so once rational isolation protocols activate, it should not be an issue.

Worked tru Sars CoV 1, Mers, swine flu, ebola a few times,

And based on those experiences, is why I said initially that Wuhan virus should not pass tru international air ports. But if they do, then it would be a global crisis.

This pox not transmissible enough that the normal protocols can't contain.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 20th, 2022, 11:06 am

the 'selected people' have nothing to do with how contagious it is - is simply who is at most risk of severe outcomes e.g. elderly, immunocompromised, etc.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 20th, 2022, 4:16 pm

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2022, 4:27 pm

I think its time we stop this daily reporting crap.

Makes no sense.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 20th, 2022, 4:55 pm

MaxPower wrote:I think its time we stop this daily reporting crap.

Makes no sense.

Care to elaborate?

It shows that this is still endemic in Trinidad.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 20th, 2022, 4:57 pm

teems1 wrote:

Makes no sense.

Care to elaborate?

not still endemic, but becoming endemic. we kinda still in pandemic phase. though the acute phase of it is over.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 20th, 2022, 5:01 pm

redmanjp wrote:
teems1 wrote:

Makes no sense.

Care to elaborate?

not still endemic, but becoming endemic. we kinda still in pandemic phase. though the acute phase of it is over.

Sorry, my autocorrect messed it up. It should be that "there is still a pandemic in Trinidad"

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 20th, 2022, 5:42 pm

Realistically, you're giving people less information than if you provided a weekly report where you can give trend lines, etc. We're also burning people out with these every day reports.

you know what we need every day reports on? emerging situations.

is this an emerging situation? really? is it?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 21st, 2022, 8:17 am

adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

The two human activities with the highest impact on disease spread for COVID have been small gatherings and attending school.

There may not be testing evidence for infection spread but COVID cases were expected to increase as soon as nasty, stupid, infected people went back to the beach lime and/or nasty, stupid parents sent their nasty, stupid, infected children back to school.

The only morons claiming the Beach is responsible for spikes in covid cases is the bald Bobble head in Parliament and this clown.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 21st, 2022, 1:43 pm

sMASH wrote:
j.o.e wrote:Y’all not tired of going back and forth for the last two years? Who want to vaccinate do that ….. who don’t want to vaccinate do that. Nothing stopping y’all.

problem is, when the authorities want to make it mandatory to access things.. plenty jobs have it as a requirement for application. still a requirement to fly. the lowering of the effectiveness for the child vaccines gonna let it become mandatory for school enrollment, and that is unacceptable.

Ollour sure ollour actually from Trinidad and Tobago :roll:
MANDATORY vaccines have been, well mandatory for primary school entry for DECADES!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 21st, 2022, 1:57 pm

alfa wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
adnj wrote:
drchaos wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
drchaos wrote:Lockdowns don't stop the spread.
They press the pause button.

When you press the resume button .....
New Zealand is now experiencing massive surges.
Over 24K cases per day in March and deaths hitting as high as 35 per day.

dr,

Again, Lockdowns will stop the spread only if managed properly.

Answer me this, if you lockdown and separate two groups of people infected with covid until they have fully recovered and then have them together, how is infection and spread possible?

It spreads when people are not locked down properly and carefully and they mingle and contaminate.

So saying lockdowns don’t work only applies when you do it correctly first and THEN decide if it works or not. The same goes for mask wearing and sanitizing.

I will repeat, if i have covid, and i wash my hands properly, if i touch a surface or someones face, it is impossible for me to infect them.

If i am wearing a proper mask and it blocks all particles from exiting my mouth and nose, it is impossible for me to infect others or the area i am in.

Everyone has to be on the same page.

To this day, those who have followed the protocols and guidelines strictly as myself, have been thankfully able to avoid Covid.

Humans and humans alone have the ability to stop the stop the spread through responsible and considerate actions.

Dude ... By the time you have locked down the infected they have already spread the fuggin virus to multiple people.
You are very contagious anywhere from 2 to 4 days before you show symptoms depending on the variant.

This is why your "theory" does not work.

There are literally millions of case reports of people following protocols perfectly and still getting covid multiple times.

There is one word used to describe people like you ... Drone

All of what you say is just some made up shitt! Always just stupid shitt posts. LOL!

Lockdown, mask, social distance, whatever.
Drop R0 below 1.
Wait.
Virus goes away.

... Until nasty parents send their nasty, infected, stupid children to school.

LOL!

So who nasty now ?

Parents ? Children stupid ?

Which parents ?

Remember the old days when someone has COVID and the ambulance will take you to wherever accompanied by the army in hazmat suits and the whole village would shun you? Whatever changed with the virus for all this nonsense to thankfully have ceased? Especially seeing that people here quoting stats that we have a very low vaccination rate worldwide. Set a mass hysteria in the earlies yes. Now if someone has COVID is like take a few days home until you feel better and get all your work done before you leave eh.

Knowledge., and just like all that came before, Ebola, H1N1, SARS, MERS, the knowledge acquired allowed us to return to a sense of normalcy.
Our Covid vaccination numbers are abysmal (51%)
Less potent variants, vaccines, personal measures.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”