TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 1:31 pm

st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
st7 wrote:ANYWAY.

you think they have money because just so? there are sponsorships with signed contracts. if you dont perform or unwilling to perform for sponsor branding, i wonder what's gonna happen? gotta forfeit some of those riches or risk getting sued for more.

mansions require upkeeps, especially if you have more than one and that's plenty dinero. unless they have money invested, maybe they could survive the fall out but your dumbass only see the black and white in front of you - daz why you a sufferer for life. let's see if they humble enough to sell their mansions to live in a suburban house and readjust their lifestyle.

i sure someone here knows waaaay more about this than the both of us combined.
Bro so you think their only means of income is sports, you do know these ppl are entrepreneurs right they themselves are a brand and have businesses, they can make money sometimes they continue sports as it's just something they like but if push come to shove they could retire at any time

can you confirm that they have other channels of revenue or are you just frothing assumptions because 'durrr they have a billiion dollahs'
Kyrie Irving Collaborates With Lockstep Ventures to Launch Consulting Firm for Minority-Owned Businesses

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blacke ... esses/amp/

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 94213 (+579) cases, 2973 (+22) deaths, 15436 active, 75804 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 1:46 pm

"DON'T FORCE US": A large crowd gathered at the Queen's Park Savannah in Port-of-Spain on Sunday in protest against government's roll out of the Covid-19 vaccination. Officers attached to the Guard and Emergency Branch responded and ordered that the protesters disperse. Express journalist Gyasi Gonzales was there.

https://www.facebook.com/134545155813/p ... 555395814/

Where were all these police officers when beetham protested on the highway last week Monday :S

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 1:50 pm

Natuc: Govt buying time to put vaccine legislation in place

The National Trade Union Centre (NATUC) believes the one-month extension to allow public servants to become vaccinated, is an attempt by the State to buy itself some time to ensure the relevant legislation is in place so the authorities can act if and when workers refuse.

Public servants were facing a deadline of January 17, to become vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and failure to do so would have resulted in workers being furloughed.

During a media briefing at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's, on Saturday, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley announced the extension as he said Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi was still in the process of finalising the policy changes.

Responding immediately following Rowley's announcement, NATUC's General Secretary Michael Annisette urged people not to be fooled by the temporary reprieve as he said, "If you are to hang and they extend that hanging by one month, does that change what is to happen?

"Does that take away from the real issue facing workers of T&T where a government is saying if you are not vaccinated, you can lose your job, you will not be able to feed your family?"

Annisette said these were questions that needed to be asked, "We at NATUC will not be misguided."

Indicating NATUC will be guided by the science and facts, he said, "The reality is that nothing has changed and as a matter of fact, it has complicated the matter more because it is clear there is an agenda by this Government that speaks to marginalising people who have exercised their democratic rights in terms of COVID-19 and the evidence that is coming out daily."

Annisette accused the Government of being hell-bent on getting its own way.

However, he cautioned, "That is not how you run a democracy."

Annisette described the policy stance by the Government to create quasi safe zones which could lead to workers being becoming unemployed, as "inhumane, insensitive and a fundamental breach of a person's right to employment and to earn a livelihood."

https://guardian.co.tt/news/natuc-govt- ... 03d647e150

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 1:51 pm

Whatever legislation they put will be illegal because of the constitution unless they change the constitution no law can supersede it. Just like the property tax ent they were going to charge you $5000 for failure to send them your information how did that go for them.I done set aside that money and waiting patiently for that "criminal" charge

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 16th, 2022, 2:10 pm

hover11, I am no lawyer or claim to be, but I see the case falling apart because:

1. An employee worker can reasonably expect someone to be liable in case of an adverse reaction.

2. Employers can claim liability belongs the health authority administering the vaccine.

3. The health authority will not accept liability for the vaccines, as they are emergency use.

Somebody needs to hold the hot potato if it is to be made mandatory.

The vaccine seems to be saving lives tho, definitely take the Pfizer (not J&J or Sinopharm, those are inferior) if you are older/sicker/have risk factors.
Last edited by paid_influencer on January 16th, 2022, 5:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 2:11 pm

hover11 wrote:Whatever legislation they put will be illegal because of the constitution unless they change the constitution no law can supersede it. Just like the property tax ent they were going to charge you $5000 for failure to send them your information how did that go for them.I done set aside that money and waiting patiently for that "criminal" charge

... The judgement did not extend to the Government’s current data collection exercise which is being done under a different statutory regime. The current deadline for submission under the new policy, which is yet to be challenged, is January 31.

“Nothing herein is intended to be construed as affecting that exercise which is not before this court on this appeal,” Rajkumar said.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/court-o ... b6ac237818

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 2:17 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:Whatever legislation they put will be illegal because of the constitution unless they change the constitution no law can supersede it. Just like the property tax ent they were going to charge you $5000 for failure to send them your information how did that go for them.I done set aside that money and waiting patiently for that "criminal" charge

... The judgement did not extend to the Government’s current data collection exercise which is being done under a different statutory regime. The current deadline for submission under the new policy, which is yet to be challenged, is January 31.

“Nothing herein is intended to be construed as affecting that exercise which is not before this court on this appeal,” Rajkumar said.

Well like many thousands of homeowners including myself waiting patiently for that criminal charge, I not submitting any documents

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 2:20 pm

paid_influencer wrote:hover11, I am no lawyer or claim to be, but I see the case falling apart because:

1. An employee worker can reasonably expect someone to be liable in case of an adverse reaction.

2. Employers can claim medical liability belongs the health authority administering the vaccine.

3. The health authority will not accept liability for the vaccines, as they are emergency use.

4. The worker can reasonably expect recourse in the event of an adverse reaction. If there is no recourse available, the terms are not reasonable.

Somebody needs to hold the the hot potato if it is to be made mandatory.

The vaccine seems to be saving lives tho, definitely take the Pfizer (not J&J or Sinopharm, those are inferior) if you are older/sicker/have risk factors.
Paid influencer,

You see this funny thing called responsibility and accountability, no one likes it, no one wants to take onus that they have you experiencing discomfort or worse and suffer the legal repercussions due to such. I still cannot grasp how the employers want it mandatory yet if any negative effects were to occur after your first, 2nd or booster shot , nobody is liable, they hadda come better than that.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 3:07 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:

Well like many thousands of homeowners including myself waiting patiently for that criminal charge, I not submitting any documents
I'm fairly certain that the government currently has all the information necessary for anyone that purchased a house from them that was also built by them.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 3:12 pm

hover11 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:hover11, I am no lawyer or claim to be, but I see the case falling apart because:

2. Employers can claim medical liability belongs the health authority administering the vaccine.

4. The worker can reasonably expect recourse in the event of an adverse reaction. If there is no recourse available, the terms are not reasonable.

Paid influencer,

You see this funny thing called responsibility and accountability, no one likes it, no one wants to take onus that they have you experiencing discomfort or worse and suffer the legal repercussions due to such. I still cannot grasp how the employers want it mandatory yet if any negative effects were to occur after your first, 2nd or booster shot , nobody is liable, they hadda come better than that.

Synonyms: responsibility, accountability, duty.

Vaccination 'a civic duty' according to new report

“Getting vaccinated is a civic duty, warn health experts,” The Independent has reported. 

The news is based on a new report on adult immunisation in the UK produced by the International Longevity Centre.

The report's main message is that there needs to be greater focus on adult immunisation and it calls for increased adult vaccination against infectious diseases such as flu.

This, they argue, will help reduce the burden of infection on an ageing population (who are more vulnerable to infection), combat the growing menace of antibiotic resistance and save the NHS money.

https://www.nicswell.co.uk/health-news/ ... new-report

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 16th, 2022, 3:13 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Paid influencer,

“Getting vaccinated is a civic duty, warn health experts,” The Independent has reported. 

The news is based on a new report on adult immunisation in the UK produced by the International Longevity Centre.

The report's main message is that there needs to be greater focus on adult immunisation and it calls for increased adult vaccination against infectious diseases such as flu.

This, they argue, will help reduce the burden of infection on an ageing population (who are more vulnerable to infection), combat the growing menace of antibiotic resistance and save the NHS money.

Hmm that's strange the Supreme Court didn't consider such a duty

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 3:25 pm

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Paid influencer,

Hmm that's strange the Supreme Court didn't consider such a duty
Irrelevant. You don't have a US passport.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 16th, 2022, 4:36 pm

Last edited by DMan7 on January 16th, 2022, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 16th, 2022, 4:43 pm

I still think we are yet to see the omicron wave. No way we seeing an explosion of cases in other countries and just the same average here since Delta came through.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 16th, 2022, 4:44 pm

redmanjp wrote:I still think we are yet to see the omicron wave. No way we seeing an explosion of cases in other countries and just the same average here since Delta came through.
Wait for it it's coming...

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 16th, 2022, 4:54 pm

interesting how the island is so delayed on waves. Delta took a while to get here, too. Seems to suggest strong action on borders is one of our greatest tools in preventing spread

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 5:34 pm

paid_influencer wrote:interesting how the island is so delayed on waves. Delta took a while to get here, too. Seems to suggest strong action on borders is one of our greatest tools in preventing spread

Ridiculous.

Border control works on primary infection. Border control alone has little if any impact during community spread.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 16th, 2022, 6:00 pm

If the wrong breeze blows Novak becomes the poster child for the wrong side.

Sponsors have decisions to make

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 16th, 2022, 7:12 pm

paid_influencer wrote:interesting how the island is so delayed on waves. Delta took a while to get here, too. Seems to suggest strong action on borders is one of our greatest tools in preventing spread

I'd say it's the barrier to testing, so much people I know right now possibly positive but not testing because, 'is just a lil cold' or allergies. Next thing the aunt dead next from the 'cold', the same aunt who was suspiciously taking oxygen and ivermectin, yet....

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » January 16th, 2022, 7:13 pm

redmanjp wrote:I still think we are yet to see the omicron wave. No way we seeing an explosion of cases in other countries and just the same average here since Delta came through.
It coming and we have a population that mostly dgaf about covid, vaccinated and unvaccinated and will carry on, latter also dislikes hospitals. Expect numbers to be even less telling of the situation in the near future.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 16th, 2022, 7:34 pm

6 more Omicron cases

FB_IMG_1642375976637.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2022, 7:43 pm

We likely have a few hundred ppl with natural infection antibodies based on a doing a reverse calculation of how many persons died using the 3% rate.
This plus the 600k jabbed could be a theoretical good sized herd.

So who knows, maybe we are resisting the 0micron since our real wave started later than other countries so the antibodies could still be active and not worn off like in the other countries.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 17th, 2022, 3:21 am

People not reporting.

The omnicron infections spiking to 2.5 _ 3x previous peaks...it will do the same here.

I think the data is no longer showing the full picture as people self diagnose and self isolate.

People no longer consider the virus a death sentence...so why put yourself through the system.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 17th, 2022, 6:20 am

Redman wrote:People not reporting.

The omnicron infections spiking to 2.5 _ 3x previous peaks...it will do the same here.

I think the data is no longer showing the full picture as people self diagnose and self isolate.

People no longer consider the virus a death sentence...so why put yourself through the system.

This, but to be honest this has always been the case. It could be a case where people are getting it quite mild and not wasting money or time on testing.

pugboy wrote:We likely have a few hundred ppl with natural infection antibodies based on a doing a reverse calculation of how many persons died using the 3% rate.
This plus the 600k jabbed could be a theoretical good sized herd.

So who knows, maybe we are resisting the 0micron since our real wave started later than other countries so the antibodies could still be active and not worn off like in the other countries.

While we might have very high herd immunity (and I'd say otherwise given that we are still averaging just under 600 a day and 20 deaths per day).

And another thing, herd immunity from OG/P1/Delta or vaccination, does not prevent omicron re-infection. I know several people some of whom are vaccinated who had a delta between 3-6 months ago and got Omicron (mostly UK and US family/friends + one trini guy who infected me last month).

I think given how testing limitations, we won't see the 'rise' until it's absolutely really high.

That might be later this month, but it could be as soon as this upcoming week.

Given what I'm seeing in US and a few other countries, it doesn't look like our deaths will reduce significantly, at best it might level off at 15 per day for the next 6 weeks.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 17th, 2022, 7:02 am

Interesting
Screenshot_20220117-070225_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220117-070201_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220117-070148_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220117-070142_Chrome.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2022, 7:42 am

yeah, I was just being optimistic
but the fact is many persons getting infected a second time in the big countries under the 0micron wave presently.

best case for us is continued steady deaths around 15 as you say and a lil increase when the real 0micron wave starts
and hopefully level off by 6-8 weeks

Dohplaydat wrote:While we might have very high herd immunity (and I'd say otherwise given that we are still averaging just under 600 a day and 20 deaths per day).

And another thing, herd immunity from OG/P1/Delta or vaccination, does not prevent omicron re-infection. I know several people some of whom are vaccinated who had a delta between 3-6 months ago and got Omicron (mostly UK and US family/friends + one trini guy who infected me last month).

I think given how testing limitations, we won't see the 'rise' until it's absolutely really high.

That might be later this month, but it could be as soon as this upcoming week.

Given what I'm seeing in US and a few other countries, it doesn't look like our deaths will reduce significantly, at best it might level off at 15 per day for the next 6 weeks.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 17th, 2022, 9:38 am

How is a vax future proof against a virus.

Viruses mutate to survive.

Herd immunity was never on the cards through vax alone.

I see moderna now talking about a single shot every year ..Covid and flu.
They seem to be mutating as well.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 17th, 2022, 9:51 am

K74T wrote:6 more Omicron cases

FB_IMG_1642375976637.jpg

A blessing from JAH

Omicron will speed up the burn through the population and provide natural immunity to those who not vaccinated. With some level of immunity vaccine and natural in the population we can stop testing and ignore that covid even exists.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 17th, 2022, 9:57 am

it may have worked with previous strains, but with omicron there is considerable immune escape so lots of vaxxed ppl getting it and free to come in to the country without even a home quarantine and/or 2nd PCR test which i sure would have picked up some cases which are now kick starting community spread.

even though infections are always more than cases, if there is an explosion in infections as we have seen in other countries there has to be a similar rise in cases, despite many ppl not testing - so if cases are 1/5 of infections but u reaching 20000 infections per day we should have 4000 cases per day. if it's 1/10 then thats still 2000 a day.

The only barrier to that is if we hit a testing limit where there aren't enough tests. and this would have to be affecting not just public labs/hospitals but private ones as well.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 17th, 2022, 10:02 am

redmanjp wrote:

it may have worked with previous strains, but with omicron there is considerable immune escape so lots of vaxxed ppl getting it and free to come in to the country without even a home quarantine and/or 2nd PCR test which i sure would have picked up some cases which are now kick starting community spread.

even though infections are always more than cases, if there is an explosion in cases as we have seen in other countries there has to be a similar rise in cases, despite many ppl not testing - so if cases are 1/5 of infections but u reaching 20000 infections per day we should have 4000 cases per day.

The only barrier to that is if we hit a testing limit where there aren't enough tests. and this would have to be affecting not just public labs/hospitals but private ones as well.

There definitely wasn't enough testing capacity in previous waves, we averaged at most just over 2000 tests per day.

The Omicron wave peaked in the UK at around our equivalent to 4000 cases per day (and that's detected cases, I expected we are at least 2-3 times worse).

So our Omicron wave could peak between 1000-2000, not that far off from the delta peak, but in real cases it'd be at least 3 times more infections.

Either way, despite omicron being roughly 70% less likely to cause hospitalization, the vast numbers of the infected (not to mention all the currently delta hospitalizations) will cause us to be a dire situation for the next 2 months.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”