Forums

Flash Over - paint car

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Flash Over - paint car

Postby skylinechild » February 26th, 2020, 12:52 pm

speedmelter wrote:Throughout life I always end up knowing someone whose dad or uncle has a paint garage and a few things seem to be consistent among all;

1) their dad/uncle used to be the baddest painter there was long time

2) real plenty good names (known painters) learn their work in their dad/ uncle garage. Some sad story about workers thieving out from the garage or men just coming and learn the work then leaving.

3) they woulda learn the work and be the baddest out here now but that fumes thing does firetruck up the lungs real bad so they got advised against it. (Apparently PPE and safe techniques is for people in foreign only)

When you visit the garage it’s always;

1) a set of old car, crashed car blocking up their driveway at the side of their house leading into the garage itself to the back.

2) a set of crash car in the road. Grass growing in some

3) neighbors who hate them

4) a “paint boot” at the back of the garage with no access to it because of the line of parked cars in the driveway. Because of this they paint cars in the driveway, even seen some car fender/ doors etc painted by the gate in the road.

Practices like

1) using customer’s vehicle to run about as a service vehicle once it’s there

2) not even a fire extinguisher present for emergency

3) when they scrap cars they put the pieces on the hood and even on the hood of other cars so they could “see it” when they ready for it.

Business practices like

1) yea boi Daz small thing a lil 1200 and 2 days you will get tru good.. 2 weeks later well I didn’t get the paint for the price I get it last time and rain real fall so you know I ain’t wanna give you bad work but I get it done for a lil 2000. Ah next man woulda charge at least 3.

2) take the work, park up car (Maybe even drive it around) keep it for 3 weeks then actually do work on it for two days and say good things take time

Oh lord and gypsum screw. It seem like they learn in school that it’s the universal screw of planet earth. If it needs to fasten use two gypsum screw.

And of course and runs, fish eye etc... it eh buff yet inno when you buff all that gone it come back like glass.

that seems to be the gist of every work discipline....work cheaply and call big money .....

say IT. for example..my field of work..... yes anyone can install windows onto any machine....

BUT does the person know how to recover from a dead BIOS.... or how to do a full format via command prompt?
Or how to dual boot ...??
or how to configure RAID ???
or how to configure AHCI ??

someone once ask me to fix their laptop - broken screen i say $350 - he say too expensive he will learn off youtube..... calls me back weeks later to say he GT but the camera and microphone not working anymore - how much to fix...i say $800..... he more vex than anything .......

carrying your car somewhere cheaper isnt always better.

i have pictures of a "completed car" that was done by a "bess painter " up by me.....

pics will make guys like spann cringe..... and wonder how TF you could screw up something like that ???

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 26th, 2020, 1:36 pm

^^

There is magnificent experience gentleman in Kelly Village near the Airport ..

Dave Auto Paint ..

He is an expert and the price is excellent ..

His work is perfection !!

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 26th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Rovin wrote:^^^yes it will make a difference , got to do a good proper coverage & installation , not no 1\2 way ting ..

Any recommendations and ballpark price for a 4 door sedan?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 26th, 2020, 7:22 pm

speedmelter wrote:Throughout life I always end up knowing someone whose dad or uncle has a paint garage and a few things seem to be consistent among all;

1) their dad/uncle used to be the baddest painter there was long time

2) real plenty good names (known painters) learn their work in their dad/ uncle garage. Some sad story about workers thieving out from the garage or men just coming and learn the work then leaving.

3) they woulda learn the work and be the baddest out here now but that fumes thing does firetruck up the lungs real bad so they got advised against it. (Apparently PPE and safe techniques is for people in foreign only)

When you visit the garage it’s always;

1) a set of old car, crashed car blocking up their driveway at the side of their house leading into the garage itself to the back.

2) a set of crash car in the road. Grass growing in some

3) neighbors who hate them

4) a “paint boot” at the back of the garage with no access to it because of the line of parked cars in the driveway. Because of this they paint cars in the driveway, even seen some car fender/ doors etc painted by the gate in the road.

Practices like

1) using customer’s vehicle to run about as a service vehicle once it’s there

2) not even a fire extinguisher present for emergency

3) when they scrap cars they put the pieces on the hood and even on the hood of other cars so they could “see it” when they ready for it.

Business practices like

1) yea boi Daz small thing a lil 1200 and 2 days you will get tru good.. 2 weeks later well I didn’t get the paint for the price I get it last time and rain real fall so you know I ain’t wanna give you bad work but I get it done for a lil 2000. Ah next man woulda charge at least 3.

2) take the work, park up car (Maybe even drive it around) keep it for 3 weeks then actually do work on it for two days and say good things take time

Oh lord and gypsum screw. It seem like they learn in school that it’s the universal screw of planet earth. If it needs to fasten use two gypsum screw.

And of course and runs, fish eye etc... it eh buff yet inno when you buff all that gone it come back like glass.
F a c t s

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 26th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Rovin wrote:^^^yes it will make a difference , got to do a good proper coverage & installation , not no 1\2 way ting ..

now i am only selling d product not installing , simply dont have time to do anything while being in my shop all day ... its not hard to do but takes some time & effort , plenty of vids on youtube

start with about 4 sheets & see\hear how it goes ...
Last edited by Rovin on February 26th, 2020, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 26th, 2020, 8:06 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Dave Auto Paint ..

i doh like to call out ppl eh but i wonder if is d same dave autobody works i took my panel van to paint d cargo area , heading east just after d big roundabout u take a left by d parlor another left then a right , his office is a container ? , if is d same fat man well better u sand paper & paint with bomb spray cause dise d kinda quality i got , guy speaks to u really nice & promises good work but his work is poor ... i nearly took to fb with it but i bit my tongue count my losses & 4get about it ......

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 26th, 2020, 8:21 pm

so wait nah
yuh could spray the clear real thicc and the buff/sand it down to perfection ?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 27th, 2020, 2:16 am

Rovin wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:^^

Dave Auto Paint ..

i doh like to call out ppl eh but i wonder if is d same dave autobody works i took my panel van to paint d cargo area , heading east just after d big roundabout u take a left by d parlor another left then a right , his office is a container ? , if is d same fat man well better u sand paper & paint with bomb spray cause dise d kinda quality i got , guy speaks to u really nice & promises good work but his work is poor ... i nearly took to fb with it but i bit my tongue count my losses & 4get about it ......

No no no :!:

This is NOT Dave ..

He has a garage vehicle paint business .. Kelly Village

No bake room etc. But excellent work . Always busy like a chino bee.

Small time like Mr Robber Slipper .. but w/o the psychological diagnosis and 9 months incarceration
in a steel and card board box ..

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 27th, 2020, 7:46 am

Small timers have you envying big time.

Talking about diagnosis, the lunatic by me act up real bad on Monday.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 27th, 2020, 11:42 am

Rovin wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

now i am only selling d product not installing , simply dont have time to do anything while being in my shop all day ... its not hard to do but takes some time & effort , plenty of vids on youtube

Thanks! I'll check you when I ready.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » February 27th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Rovin wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Thanks! I'll check you when I ready.

boi ting HOTTT in the "NASHUN" chat....run eeeeeen!!! lol

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 18th, 2020, 3:19 pm

spann, since you is the resident expert paint-ologist here....

can you advise on what is the better product to undercoat cars with ...what products work and what doesnt ??

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 18th, 2020, 3:23 pm

I used something made by Wynn's which is a bed liner product which was water based. I also used something called Gravitex or something so.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 18th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Dave wrote:I used something made by Wynn's which is a bed liner product which was water based. I also used something called Gravitex or something so.

i have heard of gravitex.... thats also a bed liner product isnt it ??

i ...and by i - i mean my current straightener - used something from 3M... it comes in a can and you spray on.... cant remember the name of it...

but its supposed to be good....

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 4:04 pm

The water based ones like gravitex and 950 provide less rustproofing qualities than the 3M rubberized. They are really for texture. Like the rough section of your rockers. Using them as bedliners is failure too, will dig out easily. Real bedliners are epoxy for better metal adhesion. My choice for rustproof is Waxoyl .

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 18th, 2020, 4:12 pm

rspann wrote:The water based ones like gravitex and 950 provide less rustproofing qualities than the 3M rubberized. They are really for texture. Like the rough section of your rockers. Using them as bedliners is failure too, will dig out easily. Real bedliners are epoxy for better metal adhesion. My choice for rustproof is Waxoyl .

thats what my guy did.... he kinda went and clean it out and den i assume prime ( not optimus) and then the 3m rubberized stuff.....

spann.... more details and info needed man..... you cant keep all the knowledge to yourself... :lol:

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Doh play chupid and spend too much. Redvulva have people painting over and rustproofing for $2500. Material included.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 4:32 pm

IMG-20200311-WA0003.jpg
I doing a car right now , clean out every speck of paint , epoxy the whole outside and inside.
IMG_20200224_144208.jpg
Attachments
IMG-20200311-WA0000.jpg

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 18th, 2020, 4:37 pm

man make epoxy look like a paint job yes, yuh really good yuhnno

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Nah, redvulvo know ah man who better and cheaper.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 18th, 2020, 4:51 pm

rspann wrote:IMG-20200311-WA0003.jpgI doing a car right now , clean out every speck of paint , epoxy the whole outside and inside.IMG_20200224_144208.jpg

this is what i think it is ????

Dan dan..... yuh on filth eah.... :lol:

last time i see this - that was on 4 barrel now done sand blast... looks damn good thou......

can you give us a detailed process on what was used and stuff...??

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 5:00 pm

After the paint is stripped / sandblasted you have to use epoxy primer for proper adhesion and to prevent the bare metal from rusting. Filler work can be done on this and then epoxy prime again to seal the filler. Primer surfacer can then be used for preparation to paint. A primer/ sealer is recommended before painting.i don't want to tell you everything ,next thing you open a shop and take all my customers.
Last edited by rspann on March 18th, 2020, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 18th, 2020, 5:01 pm

And that car 60 yrs old eh.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 18th, 2020, 5:01 pm

i dont mind owning one of these

fully restored....

with the correct 1275 cc engine but converted from carb to EFI...and upgraded internals for turbocharging .....

the 4 door sedan was UK spec the American model was 2 door coupe.....

uk was manual
american models were auto.

both had same crappy hydrolastic suspension...( crappy in terms of the actual unit themselves)
ride quality was like you on clouds....

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 18th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Laaad,

That is application.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 18th, 2020, 11:32 pm

MaxPower wrote:Laaad,

That is application.
That is a master craftsman at work

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 18th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Was told by my shop that makes tings worst for undercoat as if the vehicle hits and breaks the coating water/moisture settles and starts to rotten the area..

Saw it with friends bedliner with heavy use
rspann wrote:The water based ones like gravitex and 950 provide less rustproofing qualities than the 3M rubberized. They are really for texture. Like the rough section of your rockers. Using them as bedliners is failure too, will dig out easily. Real bedliners are epoxy for better metal adhesion. My choice for rustproof is Waxoyl .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 19th, 2020, 12:07 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Laaad,

That is application.
That is a master craftsman at work

X2

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 19th, 2020, 7:22 am

skylinechild wrote:

say IT. for example..my field of work..... yes anyone can install windows onto any machine....

BUT does the person know how to recover from a dead BIOS.... or how to do a full format via command prompt?

someone once ask me to fix their laptop - broken screen i say $350 - he say too expensive he will learn off youtube..... calls me back weeks later to say he GT but the camera and microphone not working anymore - how much to fix...i say $800..... he more vex than anything .......
Skylinechild ,

I see in your post that you could install Windows . I now finish a building and I ready to install Windows , you does do the glass too?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 20th, 2020, 7:07 am

rspann wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

Skylinechild ,

I see in your post that you could install Windows . I now finish a building and I ready to install Windows , you does do the glass too?

not that kind of windows bruh ...... :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”