Sweet on this forum

World's strictest parents - Trinidad edition

Postby lalloboy101 » November 5th, 2019, 10:47 am

Seems we have some of the strictest parents here, as shown in this episode

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: World's strictest parents - Trinidad edition

Postby bluefete » November 5th, 2019, 10:56 am

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They really sent them far though - Australia to Laventille, Trinidad of all places. That would straighten any child out. LOL.

"Laventille is not exactly a key Caribbean holiday destination." ROFL.

Be aware of some rough language. A pity they shut off the comments on You Tube. I would have loved to see the feedback from people globally.

I did not know this show was still on air. I saw one some years ago where they sent some children to Barbados. That was real drama as well.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Staged, but entertaining...ah mean nobody with that level of brattiness changing in a week.

Parents have to take a portion of the blame for children who turn out like that. Usually it's consistent failure to enforce discipline (because they eh want the child to 'hate' them). Then when the miscreants develop into full blown monsters they "don't know why the children behaving like that" and expect other people (teachers, religious leaders, Government etc.) to do the nurturing they failed to do in the first place...:|

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 5th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Euni jes' need ah good beat out session........

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » November 7th, 2019, 10:55 am

hydroep wrote:Staged, but entertaining...ah mean nobody with that level of brattiness changing in a week.

Parents have to take a portion of the blame for children who turn out like that. Usually it's consistent failure to enforce discipline (because they eh want the child to 'hate' them). Then when the miscreants develop into full blown monsters they "don't know why the children behaving like that" and expect other people (teachers, religious leaders, Government etc.) to do the nurturing they failed to do in the first place...:|
Well, if the parents don't cut dey tail, the police, or their cellmate will...and dem so does end being somebody biatch in prison.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 7th, 2019, 9:02 pm

De Dragon wrote:Euni jes' need ah good beat out session........

yea daz all and back to square one.

skygod
Street 2NR

Postby skygod » November 7th, 2019, 9:36 pm

The God we serve is almighty

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 7th, 2019, 10:05 pm

1 cannot believe everything 1 sees on tv & on d net

hydroep wrote:Staged, but entertaining...ah mean nobody with that level of brattiness changing in a week.

fully agree

some "good" acting there

when i hear they heading lavanty only to see some injun ppl they end up by i was most disappointed :?

if this were real & if real trini parents were allowed to show their real trini side especially with d older folks : dem kids wuda collect rel slap in dmc .... :lol:

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » November 7th, 2019, 10:23 pm

Honestly old school indian parents beat alot less than people think. They often placed a heavy emphasis on accountability on their children. And real consequences. And an occasional cuttail.

I think this is what alot of afro trini homes missed.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 8th, 2019, 5:47 am

This entire episode was hilarious! So these "bad" kids were cured at the end of just one week huh? and what the ass, the daughter washing the clothes and the mother making noise with she. The girl doin it! Wtf more yuh want! Nag nag nag, mc! Tantie look like she need a servicing from her suspiciously affable lispian husband.

Thing scripted like a Jerry Springer episode. Those kids aren't bad. They were told to do that for the cameras.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 9th, 2019, 9:12 pm

imma say 2 things
1-I know the area they claim this family living in VERY VERY WELL, & I personally know yuh could say practically all the residents on that street, from the straightener body shop by run by my boi fred & a red man called "fox" is he right hand (fox is also my neighbor for more than a few years now btw) to the corner on Old St. Joseph Rd.
2-I have NEVER SEEN THAT FAMILY in that area.

glean whatever you will from that

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 9th, 2019, 9:38 pm

This episode was aired in June 2012.
Sad to inform that the husband Omar died in 2014. :| The address really was there as shown on the Eastern Main Road in Laventille. The church was Assumption in Maraval as shown on the TV screen. I'll leave the rest of the info undisclosed.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 9th, 2019, 10:02 pm

the chiney girl start to settle down, when she realize she in she natural habitat... a village business.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 9th, 2019, 10:24 pm

88sins wrote:imma say 2 things
1-I know the area they claim this family living in VERY VERY WELL, & I personally know yuh could say practically all the residents on that street, from the straightener body shop by run by my boi fred & a red man called "fox" is he right hand (fox is also my neighbor for more than a few years now btw) to the corner on Old St. Joseph Rd.
2-I have NEVER SEEN THAT FAMILY in that area.

glean whatever you will from that

They related to Bachews with the hardware. One of the brothers has the tint shop? Look how small this world is, Fox use to work for me. So you know Forde too, the welder / roof man from next door?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 9th, 2019, 11:51 pm

rspann wrote:They related to Bachews with the hardware. One of the brothers has the tint shop? Look how small this world is, Fox use to work for me. So you know Forde too, the welder / roof man from next door?

Forde used to do some real nice fabrication work back in d day, but like he slow down now cuz I go admit I eh see him in a really really long time. I mean is years now not much work going on in d yard but I eh see him in a really long time

dis place too small jed

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”