TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

"Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby MaxPower » April 17th, 2021, 12:58 pm

GG d man
Last edited by MaxPower on April 17th, 2021, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby Rovin » May 5th, 2021, 2:20 pm

"police wicked" ... it have cussing in it

video doh want to embed so press d link
https://www.facebook.com/TrinidadBandit ... 5246893256

is how he say he on only volume level 5 - man eh know he amp gains too high orrrr..... :lol:

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 5th, 2021, 2:35 pm

^ speeding with no insurance. Should be in jail. Is those kinda cacaholes that cause accidents and flee the scene. Enjoy the fines and demerit points.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » May 6th, 2021, 12:29 pm

Rovin wrote:"police wicked" ... it have cussing in it

video doh want to embed so press d link
https://www.facebook.com/TrinidadBandit ... 5246893256

is how he say he on only volume level 5 - man eh know he amp gains too high orrrr..... :lol:

Man quarreling like he doing the right thing, i would of gave him more tickets!

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » May 6th, 2021, 2:18 pm

May 6th, 2021
MEDIA RELEASE

CoP: Ignore false social media posts on Covid-19 and law enforcement issues

Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith, is advising the public to ignore social media posts which are inaccurate and which can cause unnecessary panic among the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago.

The CoP has taken note of three recent instances where these so-called anonymous social media security sources posted inaccurate information, via whatsapp and videos.

In the first instance, there was a video posted which showed illegal immigrants running onto the shore, saying it could have been Los Iros, Moruga, Cedros and Icacos. It turned out to be nationals of the Dominican Republic entering Puerto Rico.

In the second instance, social media was abuzz with information that the Prime Minister was going to implement a State of Emergency/Curfew long before he hosted his media conference on May 3rd. This turned out to be false.

In the third incident, a man who claimed to be an insider within the Ministry of National Security, posted an audio within the past 24 hours saying he came out of a meeting at the Ministry of National Security with the Telecommunications Department and that the Covid situation was very bad. He even advised people to panic buy. The CoP says there was no such meeting.

Commissioner Griffith says these three incidents could have the effect of creating fear among the population and causing panic buying across the country. The CoP says this would cause the officers of the TTPS to respond to unnecessary matters when they could have been performing their normal activities.

The CoP is advising the public to ignore these false social media posts. He is also asking the public NOT to forward these messages as this could cause further panic among the population. He is also advising the public to ONLY accept information relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic from official sources, such as the Ministry of Health and bulletins from the TTPS.

Corporate Communications Unit
May 6th, 2021

END

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 7th, 2021, 2:01 pm

May 7th, 2021
MEDIA RELEASE

SRP Granted $150,000 Bail - Ordered to Stay Away from Boy, 15

SRP SOLANGE GRIFFITH appeared before the Port of Spain Magistrates’ Court on May 4th, to answer to the charges of one count of sexual penetration, two counts of sexual touching, and three counts of perverting the course of justice

GRIFFITH was granted $150,000 bail with a surety as part of her bail arrangement and she was ordered not to communicate with the boy and his aunt by Magistrate Indar Jagoo.

The matter has been adjourned to June 1st, 2021.

On August 2nd, 2020, a 15-year-old boy, in company with his aunt, arrived at the Child Protection Unit, Port-of- Spain, and reported that on December 26th, 2019 while at Quarry Street, Laventille, a Special Reserve Woman Police Officer allegedly squeezed his penis.

The boy further reported that on January 1st, 2020, while at the home of the officer, she allegedly had sexual intercourse with him against his will.

The boy, also recounted that sometime in April, 2020, while at his home the woman took his right hand and placed it inside her private parts.

The boy’s aunt reported that on three separate occasions during the period March 31st, 2020 and July 2nd, 2020, she allegedly received various sums of money as payment from the woman to forego making a report about the incidents.

The matter was investigated by WPC Deonarine who conducted enquires which led to the arrest of SOLANGE GRIFFITH on April 29th, 2021. She was charged on May 3rd, 2021.

The investigation was spearheaded by W/Supt (Ag.) Claire Guy-Alleyne, and supervised by ASP (Ag.) Roberts and Insp (Ag.) Lopez.

Corporate Communications Unit
May 7th, 2021

END

FB_IMG_1620410415345.jpeg
FB_IMG_1620410415345.jpeg (12.8 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 7th, 2021, 2:26 pm

With a face like that oh my. I was reporting it too.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2021, 7:58 pm

passed a speed trap by nestle (CRH) not too long ago. people lost there jobs and income and struggling to survive and the best thing to do is to make things harder for them? wow..... what a failed state

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 7th, 2021, 8:12 pm

elec2020 wrote:passed a speed trap by nestle (CRH) not too long ago. people lost there jobs and income and struggling to survive and the best thing to do is to make things harder for them? wow..... what a failed state

So because people lose their jobs and income and struggling to survive , they must speed and be a danger to innocent people on the roads? Why you don’t think before you talk. Real foolish rationale.

That makes it a failed state? How? Some of you just talk for talking sake?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2021, 9:15 pm

sam1978 wrote:
elec2020 wrote:passed a speed trap by nestle (CRH) not too long ago. people lost there jobs and income and struggling to survive and the best thing to do is to make things harder for them? wow..... what a failed state

So because people lose their jobs and income and struggling to survive , they must speed and be a danger to innocent people on the roads? Why you don’t think before you talk. Real foolish rationale.

let's not play dumb here. the goal is not to stop speedsters. The goal is to replenish lost government revenue due to the restrictions. Cause, if the priority was crime prevention then what the hell going on with the other areas? Every week is at least 3 rapes, 4 robberies and 5 murders. Give or take. So where the crime prevention tactics for that? Or is it that you telling me that the greatest threat to my safety during a period of strict restrictions is errant drivers. Thank the lord cause i was terrified that an errant driver was going to bonske me while i on the second floor of my home. Who needs burglar proof anymore? When TTPS tackling the greatest threat to our safety over the lockdown. Errant drivers.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 7th, 2021, 9:37 pm

hmmm reverse roles with d WPC, she rel fresh with she self , so much man around & she interfering with d youth man

maybe if we did get a full size pic of she we cud then say small man cuda put ah bag over she face or figure if he on d other side :lol:

these kinda stories remind me of adam sandler movie : that's my boy ...

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re:

Postby widdyphuck » May 7th, 2021, 9:39 pm

Rovin wrote:hmmm reverse roles with d WPC, she rel fresh with she self , so much man around & she interfering with d youth man

maybe if we did get a full size pic of she we cud then say small man cuda put ah bag over she face or figure if he on d other side

No man in they right mind want that.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2021, 9:49 pm

^u would be surprised how desperate some men are.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 7th, 2021, 10:01 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/07/sangre ... -grilling/

newsday wrote:
Sangre Grande Facebook critic moves to sue CoP over police grilling

Jada Loutoo

ATTORNEYS for Sangre Grande music producer Alan Brizan, who was interviewed by police at his home for hours after a social media tit-for-tat with Police Commissioner Gary Griffith in February, have accused the top cop of intimidation and misfeasance in public office.

A pre-action protocol letter, setting out in detail Griffith’s alleged infractions, was served on the commissioner and the Office of the Attorney General on Thursday.

Brizan was interviewed for hours after he posted information on February 9 to social media relating to the disappearance and murder of court clerk Andrea Bharatt.

The post said that “after two weeks of information on the disappearance of Bharatt, the only three facts established were: Bharatt is dead, two police-detained suspects were “brutally” killed and; “the TTPS all the way up to the commissioner of police were distorting all the facts of the case from day one.”

Brizan was later visited by officers of the Professional Standards Bureau.

Minutes after he made that post, Griffith sent him a message.

Griffith also said he had reported Brizan's post to the Police Complaints Authority (PCA), which was doing an independent investigation, and was contemplating filing a defamation lawsuit of his own.

In the pre-action letter, Brizan is also alleging false imprisonment for three hours when he was subjected to an interview with the police.

Griffith has been accused of using his office to procure, coerce, and/or compel Brizan’s submission to the interview, using it as a tool of intimidation and not for any legitimate police investigation.

The commissioner was also accused of having wilfully and maliciously caused Brizan to alter his Facebook post and engaged in conduct designed to further intimidate the former media writer and graphic artist.

Brizan’s attorneys Akiri Heath-Adams, Joash Huggins, Christophe Rodriguez and Larry Boyer, said the commissioner’s actions caused several breaches of their client’s rights, including the right to security, not to be deprived of his liberty without due process, the right to protection of the law, and the right of freedom of thought and expression.

The letter, written by Heath-Adams, said Griffith caused the two officers who interviewed Brizan at his Guaico home, to detain him knowing there was no reasonable ground to believe he could assist in police investigations into Bharatt’s disappearance and murder.

The letter also said Brizan feared the officers were plotting to use the information they took in a written statement, which he signed, to “implicate him in criminal activity.”

"We have advised the proposed claimant that the actions of Mr Gary Griffith and/or his agents have given rise to actionable claims in the torts of misfeasance in public office, false imprisonment and intimidation," Heath-Adams said in the letter.

"The proposed claimant instructs that the correspondences received from Mr Griffith had the effect of making the proposed claimant feel intimidated and compelled to retract his criticisms and extend praise and appreciation instead," Heath-Adams said.

The attorney said as a result of Griffith's alleged conduct, his client has suffered embarrassment and injury to his dignity and pride and this has been amplified by the widespread publicity which the incident attracted both on social and in print media.

The letter said Brizan would be entitled to significant damages.

Griffith has 28 days in which to respond to the letter.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » May 7th, 2021, 10:08 pm

If I'm unemployed / struggling and somehow I can afford petrol, I hadda be a kant to be speeding and finding ways to give the government money that I don't have. Unless it's a medical emergency, where the heck am I going? And given the fact that unless you're supposed to be outside for WORK PURPOSES, why would I be in a rush to go nowhere / somewhere I ought not to be?

Common sense doesn't financially discriminate.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 7th, 2021, 10:16 pm

elec2020 wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

let's not play dumb here. the goal is not to stop speedsters. The goal is to replenish lost government revenue due to the restrictions. Cause, if the priority was crime prevention then what the hell going on with the other areas? Every week is at least 3 rapes, 4 robberies and 5 murders. Give or take. So where the crime prevention tactics for that? Or is it that you telling me that the greatest threat to my safety during a period of strict restrictions is errant drivers. Thank the lord cause i was terrified that an errant driver was going to bonske me while i on the second floor of my home. Who needs burglar proof anymore? When TTPS tackling the greatest threat to our safety over the lockdown. Errant drivers.

You’re a bigger idiot than I thought. No sense arguing with you. It’s better to leave you in your bubble of dotishness.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2021, 10:23 pm

^noted

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re:

Postby elec2020 » May 7th, 2021, 10:29 pm

killercow wrote:
If I'm unemployed / struggling and somehow I can afford petrol, I hadda be a kant to be speeding and finding ways to give the government money that I don't have. Unless it's a medical emergency, where the heck am I going? And given the fact that unless you're supposed to be outside for WORK PURPOSES, why would I be in a rush to go nowhere / somewhere I ought not to be?

your point is noted. as discussed in a subsequent comment, lets not kid ourselves. this is not about discouraging errant driving. its about replenishing revenues due to the impact of restrictions. as, where is this same urgency when it comes to rape, murders and robberies? thats just my view on the whole thing. that the intentions of this exercise are not to protect and serve but to replenish the treasury. in several states it is proven that law enforcement are encouraged to give out fines. in fact fines are the greatest source of revenue for these countries. but in tnt (who like to copy everything foreign) we doing it to solely find errant drivers? the biggest threat to safety in tnt? ok

https://www.governing.com/archive/fine- ... eport.html
Hundreds of small cities and towns throughout the country rely significantly on fines to fund their budgets.

just for the ...k of it lets use some stats.... so according to arrive alive there were 96 fatal MVA in 2020. And according to TTPS stats there were 8336 crimes committed in 2020. So if MVA claims lets say 4 lives so it affected 384 individuals. Thats about 22 times less than individuals affected by crimes committed. But the plague to society that needs urgent addressing is speeding. ok

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » May 8th, 2021, 6:07 am

only a arse hole would be speeding in these times, you know police have speed gun, points system, breathalyzer and you still want to speed or drink and drive. It have too much traffic to speed, too much deaths in these sardine tin cars to speed, too much rain yesterday to speed. protect your own life and drive 80km/h, dont drink and drive, use your indicator, give way at a filter land, give way to drivers on YOUR right at a roundabout dont try to squeeze in with a bonks me attitude. wear your mask properly

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 8th, 2021, 6:25 am

always remember you are either part of the solution or part of the problem
many many trinis have been held in usa when a speed trap catch them and they run their name on the computer and realize they had other pending warrants

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Re:

Postby widdyphuck » May 8th, 2021, 7:01 am

wtf wrote:
Rovin wrote:hmmm reverse roles with d WPC, she rel fresh with she self , so much man around & she interfering with d youth man

maybe if we did get a full size pic of she we cud then say small man cuda put ah bag over she face or figure if he on d other side

No man in they right mind want that.
Seems like she's the desperate one here..

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 8th, 2021, 8:52 am

elec2020 wrote:
killercow wrote:

your point is noted. as discussed in a subsequent comment, lets not kid ourselves. this is not about discouraging errant driving. its about replenishing revenues due to the impact of restrictions. as, where is this same urgency when it comes to rape, murders and robberies? thats just my view on the whole thing. that the intentions of this exercise are not to protect and serve but to replenish the treasury. in several states it is proven that law enforcement are encouraged to give out fines. in fact fines are the greatest source of revenue for these countries. but in tnt (who like to copy everything foreign) we doing it to solely find errant drivers? the biggest threat to safety in tnt? ok

Hundreds of small cities and towns throughout the country rely significantly on fines to fund their budgets.

just for the ...k of it lets use some stats.... so according to arrive alive there were 96 fatal MVA in 2020. And according to TTPS stats there were 8336 crimes committed in 2020. So if MVA claims lets say 4 lives so it affected 384 individuals. Thats about 22 times less than individuals affected by crimes committed. But the plague to society that needs urgent addressing is speeding. ok
Replenishment of revenue? Let's assume a speeding ticket is $2000. In order to raise $20m, there will need to be 10,000 tickets given out. What can the government do with 20m in our predicament now? A better figure would be $200m which equates to 100,000 tickets. That seems to be quite high especially for a revenue generation method. I think your personal bias against the ttps and GG has clouded your judgement. I wonder if you're willing to share what the ttps did to you which explains your constant attack.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 8th, 2021, 9:47 am

sMASH wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/07/sangre-grande-producer-moves-to-sue-cop-over-police-grilling/

newsday wrote:

Jada Loutoo

ATTORNEYS for Sangre Grande music producer Alan Brizan, who was interviewed by police at his home for hours after a social media tit-for-tat with Police Commissioner Gary Griffith in February, have accused the top cop of intimidation and misfeasance in public office.

A pre-action protocol letter, setting out in detail Griffith’s alleged infractions, was served on the commissioner and the Office of the Attorney General on Thursday.

Brizan was interviewed for hours after he posted information on February 9 to social media relating to the disappearance and murder of court clerk Andrea Bharatt.

The post said that “after two weeks of information on the disappearance of Bharatt, the only three facts established were: Bharatt is dead, two police-detained suspects were “brutally” killed and; “the TTPS all the way up to the commissioner of police were distorting all the facts of the case from day one.”

Griffith also said he had reported Brizan's post to the Police Complaints Authority (PCA), which was doing an independent investigation, and was contemplating filing a defamation lawsuit of his own.

In the pre-action letter, Brizan is also alleging false imprisonment for three hours when he was subjected to an interview with the police.

Griffith has been accused of using his office to procure, coerce, and/or compel Brizan’s submission to the interview, using it as a tool of intimidation and not for any legitimate police investigation.

The commissioner was also accused of having wilfully and maliciously caused Brizan to alter his Facebook post and engaged in conduct designed to further intimidate the former media writer and graphic artist.

Brizan’s attorneys Akiri Heath-Adams, Joash Huggins, Christophe Rodriguez and Larry Boyer, said the commissioner’s actions caused several breaches of their client’s rights, including the right to security, not to be deprived of his liberty without due process, the right to protection of the law, and the right of freedom of thought and expression.

The letter, written by Heath-Adams, said Griffith caused the two officers who interviewed Brizan at his Guaico home, to detain him knowing there was no reasonable ground to believe he could assist in police investigations into Bharatt’s disappearance and murder.

The letter also said Brizan feared the officers were plotting to use the information they took in a written statement, which he signed, to “implicate him in criminal activity.”

"We have advised the proposed claimant that the actions of Mr Gary Griffith and/or his agents have given rise to actionable claims in the torts of misfeasance in public office, false imprisonment and intimidation," Heath-Adams said in the letter.

"The proposed claimant instructs that the correspondences received from Mr Griffith had the effect of making the proposed claimant feel intimidated and compelled to retract his criticisms and extend praise and appreciation instead," Heath-Adams said.

The attorney said as a result of Griffith's alleged conduct, his client has suffered embarrassment and injury to his dignity and pride and this has been amplified by the widespread publicity which the incident attracted both on social and in print media.

Why Brizan dont hush he kant.

Were the suspects killed or they fell off a chair?

Big difference.

Let the investigation do its course and save the social media hot head jump to conclusion rant.

No one cares about you or your “music” Brizan.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 8th, 2021, 10:01 am

wing wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
killercow wrote:

Replenishment of revenue? Let's assume a speeding ticket is $2000. In order to raise $20m, there will need to be 10,000 tickets given out. What can the government do with 20m in our predicament now? A better figure would be $200m which equates to 100,000 tickets. That seems to be quite high especially for a revenue generation method. I think your personal bias against the ttps and GG has clouded your judgement. I wonder if you're willing to share what the ttps did to you which explains your constant attack.

so because i chose to question something i have a prejudice? its like if i criticise unc i must be pnm. lol ok. anyway so in a news article in easter last year ttps made 70000 in speed tickets only. So if the argument is that due to the restrictions decimating government revenue, policing is being driven towards fineable offences rather than offences that definitely make u end up in jail. Then, if April was the starting point for this increase in fining people then lets say that they get that 70000 for all the remaining weekends in the year (nothing else during the weekdays) and those passed so far. Thats about 58 weekends so about 4 million could have been made with speeding tickets (alone). I think the latest stats on the number of face mask tickets given out were 4000. So thats also 4 million in face mask fines too. So, possibly almost 8 million gained through fines for speeding and face mask tickets (alone) since April. 8 million that would never had been realised in the first place due to the fall in VAT payments, business levies, PAYE, etc. I am not saying that these issues shouldn't be dealt with. My issue is where is this same urgency with the other crimes. If you go on LoopTT now they have at least 6 articles between yesterday and today on reported shootings, rape, etc. If you go on any of those crime reporting groups on FB i sure there are more. The more urgent matters are not being dealt with. Crime is still rampant in tnt. Till the same urgency is shown with dealing out fines as it is with solving crimes nothing will change. What happen to the little girl who was killed alongside her father? What about the brother and sister that were killed in front there parents? Hell there is a thread on this site (https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vi ... p?t=656119) about cold cases. But nah... bigger fish to fry cause fin... sorry speeding cannot be tolerated. If you cannot get where I am coming from then I have nothing left to say on this matter.

https://www.looptt.com/content/ttps-700 ... ver-easter
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ed8b5.html

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 8th, 2021, 10:08 am

You not the same person who accuse people of being UNC when they criticize the PNM?

Just shut your trap and obey the law of the land and you won’t have to worry about ticket and demerit points. How much sense it takes to understand that? You know your brain cells won’t deplete if you use them? Right?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 8th, 2021, 10:17 am

when people claimed that pnm stole the elections, or that people that support pnm are animal like or the lowest denominator... i think its clear where they stand. also i guess u must feel so safe with this kind of policing. the families of victims of crime must also feel this way.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re:

Postby sMASH » May 8th, 2021, 11:12 am

MaxPower wrote:
sMASH wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/07/sangre-grande-producer-moves-to-sue-cop-over-police-grilling/

newsday wrote:

Jada Loutoo

Why Brizan dont hush he kant.

Were the suspects killed or they fell off a chair?

Big difference.

Let the investigation do its course and save the social media hot head jump to conclusion rant.

No one cares about you or your “music” Brizan.

let de man eat ah food nah bai, wham bai, oh gad bai.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 8th, 2021, 11:12 am

It’s almost impossible for the police to prevent crime , especially pre-meditated. The don’t know what someone is thinking or planning so they can’t prevent. What they need to do is improve on their detection and investigative skills. The judicial system needs to be improved to. Your thinking is very simplistic if you feel the police should be able to deter the majority of crimes.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 8th, 2021, 11:15 am

sam1978 wrote:You not the same person who accuse people of being UNC when they criticize the PNM?

Just shut your trap and obey the law of the land and you won’t have to worry about ticket and demerit points. How much sense it takes to understand that? You know your brain cells won’t deplete if you use them? Right?

Well said sam, is simple as that.

If the police conduct speed traps, is a problem. If they don't, is a problem. If drivers obey the law, the police would not be able to generate all this revenue right?

If the state "making money" that's just to tell you how many disobedient drivers it have out there.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » May 8th, 2021, 11:17 am

Exactly. Saw one in a vid yesterday using expletives , but had no insurance , was speeding and playing loud music. If they kill themselves no problem , but when they kill or maim innocent people........... these are hard times , so just obey and save your money for necessities. Simple.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”