TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re:

Postby Redman » January 23rd, 2022, 6:31 pm

It's at the CoPs discretion....so he has the latitude to issue on a blank application.

So unless they can pin him taking bribe...

VII wrote:Hmm,but he would have the rubber stamp defence in his favor.. lol..

hover11 wrote:
VII wrote:Heard men not only losing their extra guns but their FULs too...ouch..they and their lawyers have their work cut out for them over the next few years, not to mention possible charges .

And make no mistake this is going to go all the way because of the motivation to tarnish Gary's legacy..
Is about time , why isn't GG in handcuffs he should be charged for misbehaviour in public office for the very least, Gary pointing fingers but who signed off on these expedited FULs

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: "Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

Postby pugboy » January 23rd, 2022, 6:33 pm

rubber stamp is no excuse,

the firearms act clearly says the cop is the person responsible for the granting of license
nothing about which employees pushed the paper in front him to sign
just like how the act says the cop can revoke a license as he sees fit.

the buck always has to stop somewhere
but dont doubt if there really is a criminal investigation in that dept that ppl start to throw gg under the bus
there is never honesty amongst bandits

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 23rd, 2022, 9:07 pm

VII wrote:Phone Surgeon you're not gonna hear a peep from men who have been asked to bring in their weapons. Who wants that kinda publicity?
I mean like in your circle. Your close bredrin must ask or tell you about if a scene play off

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 23rd, 2022, 9:12 pm

Hear the way I see it.

If you have been legally granted a ful and you are entitled to such. No criminal record etc.

The means by which you got it doesn't matter if they want to seize it

Don't matter if you bribe 10 people.

They squeezing certain persons where the police or those who collect the bribes squeel and threatening to embarass them or release information to the media if they don't "volunteerily " give up their weapons . Those who know they pay bribes and don't have the belly for the potential embarrassment are giving up their weapons. Those who don't give a firetruck telling the investigators hull yuh muddac**t and have a nice day.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 23rd, 2022, 9:24 pm

pugboy wrote:rubber stamp is no excuse,

the firearms act clearly says the cop is the person responsible for the granting of license
nothing about which employees pushed the paper in front him to sign
just like how the act says the cop can revoke a license as he sees fit.

the buck always has to stop somewhere
but dont doubt if there really is a criminal investigation in that dept that ppl start to throw gg under the bus
there is never honesty amongst bandits

The concept of ultimate responsibility escapes many here, particularly the LFD RFD PNM set. Funny though, is that Geeyore didn't even bother to check basic things like date/time/supporting docs, so his rubber stamp complaint is stupid

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 23rd, 2022, 9:58 pm

he is the first person who not shame to say he is a rubber stamp

VII
punchin NOS

Re:

Postby VII » January 23rd, 2022, 10:02 pm

It's close men that embraced me on the range from since I got mine in 99 as a newbie that told me about it, one I knew before and was the first man I ever saw with a semi auto pistol in the early 90s and the other has 5 or 6 legally procured over time and was even in charge of the range arms and ammo at one time.. he moved with a military style box fulla ammo and an assortment of weapons legally .

The range is not what it used to be and I mostly go to an indoor and buy a box now and then just to do some basics and leave, the fraternity just isn't what it was and I can tell you it has a lot to do with this same issue over the last few years with many just come men lacking discipline and not adhering to basic range rules etc, so the more serious and experienced men just kinda stepped back..

Ask anyone familiar with the Chaguaramas range and they will tell you.. it was a real brotherhood down there that crossed socio-economic and racial lines, sometimes cook used to buss and all after practice sessions ended, sometimes a man may bring an old car for the guys to practice on etc , well it turned into the wild west over the last couple years with a lot of flaunters and ego men I gathered .

But yeah they are knocking on doors and asking men to come in and a couple had to leave their books and firearms behind for safe keeping pending further investigations etc..

Phone Surgeon wrote:
VII wrote:Phone Surgeon you're not gonna hear a peep from men who have been asked to bring in their weapons. Who wants that kinda publicity?
I mean like in your circle. Your close bredrin must ask or tell you about if a scene play off

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » January 23rd, 2022, 10:07 pm

:D :D

pugboy wrote:he is the first person who not shame to say he is a rubber stamp

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 23rd, 2022, 10:16 pm

The fellas who know their rights and know they can't legally be tied to expedition fees telling the investigators hull dey mc

Not everyone have the belly to do it though.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re:

Postby alfa » January 23rd, 2022, 10:53 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:The fellas who know their rights and know they can't legally be tied to expedition fees telling the investigators hull dey mc

Just like how not everyone had the belly to launch combined lawsuits against Williams when he had people in limbo for years neither approving or turning down applications. Everyone just followed the status quo and it will be the same way in this situation. If the govt decides to confiscate guns man go boil down like bhagi and play by the rules. The people I feel sorry for are the poor saps who paid their money right before the mark bus and lose all. I take it back it, it's actually kinda funny when you think about it lol

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 24th, 2022, 4:54 am

alfa wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:The fellas who know their rights and know they can't legally be tied to expedition fees telling the investigators hull dey mc

Just like how not everyone had the belly to launch combined lawsuits against Williams when he had people in limbo for years neither approving or turning down applications. Everyone just followed the status quo and it will be the same way in this situation. If the govt decides to confiscate guns man go boil down like bhagi and play by the rules. The people I feel sorry for are the poor saps who paid their money right before the mark bus and lose all. I take it back it, it's actually kinda funny when you think about it lol

But if you knowingly got it through fraud or bobol, why would you fight up? You should be happy that you aren't prosecuted and fined or jailed. That's the problem, too many people focusing on the people in authority to hold to account for corruption, and not nearly enough on the others involved.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby Redman » January 24th, 2022, 5:56 am

If my reading of the act is correct the CoP giveth and he can taketh away.

These acts seem deliberately vague

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 6:07 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 15779.html

man say why no investigation in licensing bobol
he seem to forget that he had power to do that investigation himself

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 24th, 2022, 6:12 am

Redman wrote:

I suspect that with JUHN Scarfy's intention so smear Geeyore to the max, and Ol McDonalds' dislike of Geeyore, people will be losing weapons.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 24th, 2022, 7:24 am

Griffith questions leaked FUL report

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/griffit ... 9c84c00063

Which is the greater crime the leak or the crime itself, certain men on here justifying bribing public officials in order to get whatever they want, shows something about the integrity of most. This FUL white collar crime has to stop, suspend it , investigate and review the entire process because it is definitely flawed.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 7:31 am

when your back against the wall
you have no choice but to shoot the messenger

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 24th, 2022, 7:36 am

This certainly has new meaning now

THE PRIME MINISTER'S 2020 LETTER OF COMPLAINT ABOUT GARY GRIFFITH.

In the Prime Minister’s strongly-worded letter which was dated September 12, he raised several matters which he said were “cause for concern to me and indicate a level of instability and unsuitability for a person holding the office of Commissioner of Police. A dangerous and unacceptable precedent had been set and cannot be nurtured nor tolerated.”

“Additionally, I must record that Mr Griffith has displayed disturbing behaviour on previous occasions when it appears that he disagrees with others, including members of the public who may disagree with him or comment, unfavourably, on anything to do with him. He has also disrespected Minister of National Security Stuart Young on occasions. I also received a complaint from the Director of Strategic Services about Mr Griffith’s accusations against him (I provide a copy for your perusal and records) and the manner in which Mr Griffith conducted himself on that occasion was of serious concern and I tasked the Minister of National Security to investigate the allegations and resolve the matter between these two high ‘sensitive office’ holders in the national security arena,” the Prime Minister’s letter stated.

More here:
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby De Dragon » January 24th, 2022, 7:36 am

hover11 wrote:Griffith questions leaked FUL report

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/griffit ... 9c84c00063

Which is the greater crime the leak or the crime itself, certain men on here justifying bribing public officials in order to get whatever they want, shows something about the integrity of most. This FUL white collar crime has to stop, suspend it , investigate and review the entire process because it is definitely flawed.

Public figures go to is to shoot the messenger. While leaking confidential reports with people's name without their frst having a chance to respond is irresponsible, the attempt to deflect from the report's substance by implying impropriety based on it being leaked politics 101 for T*T.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re:

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 7:50 am

it is really ridiculous when you think about it

you and the pm have an issue to deal with and every half hour you going to the media to rant and complain about your boss whilst the issue going on

so ironic you complaining about media leaks and poltical assassination now

hover11 wrote:This certainly has new meaning now

THE PRIME MINISTER'S 2020 LETTER OF COMPLAINT ABOUT GARY GRIFFITH.

In the Prime Minister’s strongly-worded letter which was dated September 12, he raised several matters which he said were “cause for concern to me and indicate a level of instability and unsuitability for a person holding the office of Commissioner of Police. A dangerous and unacceptable precedent had been set and cannot be nurtured nor tolerated.”

“Additionally, I must record that Mr Griffith has displayed disturbing behaviour on previous occasions when it appears that he disagrees with others, including members of the public who may disagree with him or comment, unfavourably, on anything to do with him. He has also disrespected Minister of National Security Stuart Young on occasions. I also received a complaint from the Director of Strategic Services about Mr Griffith’s accusations against him (I provide a copy for your perusal and records) and the manner in which Mr Griffith conducted himself on that occasion was of serious concern and I tasked the Minister of National Security to investigate the allegations and resolve the matter between these two high ‘sensitive office’ holders in the national security arena,” the Prime Minister’s letter stated.

More here:
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 8:11 am

Redman wrote:

If you are legally entitled to it then they have to justify taking it away. You will see plenty court cases with this and the government/cop or whoever will lose because once it was granted it is legally yours unless you do something to lose it.

The fact that the process was sped up in itself not a crime.

people with imminent threats to their lives etc could have their process sped up .

The fellas who accept the bribes could be charged and if they can trace the bribes its a scene.

Those who have criminal record or didn't have the certificate of character etc cud legally lose theirs.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 8:21 am

towfeek wife is a lawyer, she must be looking at how to fight those cases

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 8:52 am

Wonder what they will say if they make someone turn in their firearm while they "doing investigations" and said person is then the victim of a robbery/house break in/ murder and he didn't have his legally procured firearm to atleast get to defend himself.

All this grand charge is just to firetruck up Gary and nothing else. They don't want him to be in police service or politics at all so they trying their best and looks like they will succeed to make the population distrust him.

These fawkers playing politics while citizens getting gunned down and terrorized daily.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 24th, 2022, 8:59 am

anyone with 20+ firearms is a hobbyist...or preparing for a zombie apocalypse

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 9:02 am

or have a small p...

16 cycles wrote:anyone with 20+ firearms is a hobbyist...or preparing for a zombie apocalypse

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 24th, 2022, 10:45 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Redman wrote:

If you are legally entitled to it then they have to justify taking it away. You will see plenty court cases with this and the government/cop or whoever will lose because once it was granted it is legally yours unless you do something to lose it.

The fact that the process was sped up in itself not a crime.

people with imminent threats to their lives etc could have their process sped up .

The fellas who accept the bribes could be charged and if they can trace the bribes its a scene.

Those who have criminal record or didn't have the certificate of character etc cud legally lose theirs.

Section21, pg 18 and 19
CoP may revoke ANY licence, certificate or permit
i)Conviction of a crime
b)If the holder jackarsing the scene in some way to indicate he is otherwise unfit
c)non payment of fees.
d)in any other case,if he thinks fit.

b and d IMHO give the CoP the discretion...

I guess it should be tested

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2022, 10:54 am

the legal challenge avenue would be if the cop can be forced to state his reason for seeing it fit to revoke.

the obvious first choice would be a freedom of information request as to the reasons and then the crux is if his reasons hold more water than the legal rights to keep license

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 10:59 am

Just millions of taxpayer money going to waste in lawyer fees and costs for people who should just be left with their licensed fuls in any event.

Besides from the persons with criminal records
They could take them fellas guns

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Re:

Postby Redress10 » January 24th, 2022, 1:13 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Just millions of taxpayer money going to waste in lawyer fees and costs for people who should just be left with their licensed fuls in any event.

"Left with their licensed fuls in any event"?

So after ppl pay their bribe and cut all kinda corners in order to gt they should just be left with it? So you doh care that some ppl who now have a firearm in their homes with their families may in fact be suicidal, domestic abusers, suffering from road rage, arsehole neighbours, cyah take horn, does sell a lil coke to cover the books etc.

You really feel all these ppl with fuls are good upstanding citizens? Must be joking.

Btw...your definition of criminal is very convenient. Once you pay a bribe you have no moral authority to call ppl criminal anymore because you are in fact a criminal as well.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 1:22 pm

If corruption was the exception rather than the rules you would have a point.

Your moral high ground not stopping people from gunning you down and taking what they want.

It is what it is.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2022, 1:23 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Just millions of taxpayer money going to waste in lawyer fees and costs for people who should just be left with their licensed fuls in any event.

"Left with their licensed fuls in any event"?

So after ppl pay their bribe and cut all kinda corners in order to gt they should just be left with it? So you doh care that some ppl who now have a firearm in their homes with their families may in fact be suicidal, domestic abusers, suffering from road rage, arsehole neighbours, cyah take horn, does sell a lil coke to cover the books etc.

You really feel all these ppl with fuls are good upstanding citizens? Must be joking.

Btw...your definition of criminal is very convenient. Once you pay a bribe you have no moral authority to call ppl criminal anymore because you are in fact a criminal as well.
BTW please show me a article in which a ful holder has used his licensed firearm to commit a crime. Thanks.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”