TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

Postby Chimera » October 15th, 2022, 2:55 pm

real house of cards thing

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » October 15th, 2022, 5:32 pm

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section but has anyone successfully wrote to the mow and overturned a notice to suspend (12pts accumulated)a drivers permit?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 15th, 2022, 6:51 pm

they jes dangling a carrot\pappy showing gary yes

certain ppl choosing who they want & jes mamaguying d rest of d nominated ppl to make d whole process seem legit\democratic ...

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 15th, 2022, 8:25 pm

shimon wrote:Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section but has anyone successfully wrote to the mow and overturned a notice to suspend (12pts accumulated)a drivers permit?

Nope.

Stop drive like an ass

shimon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shimon » October 16th, 2022, 10:50 pm

rollingstock wrote:
shimon wrote:Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section but has anyone successfully wrote to the mow and overturned a notice to suspend (12pts accumulated)a drivers permit?

Nope.

Stop drive like an ass

Got all the info today anyone that wants to know can pm me also @rollingstock you can stfu!

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 17th, 2022, 7:03 am

shimon wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Nope.

Stop drive like an ass

Got all the info today anyone that wants to know can pm me also @rollingstock you can stfu!

Awwwww.
Enjoy riding PTSC bus bro.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Re:

Postby dogg » October 17th, 2022, 1:39 pm

Yeah, as if anyone on the PNM benches would vote for his selection.

UNC clowns will probably vote for him THIS time.

hover11 wrote:Lol the politics , he would make the shortlist so they cant say he is being victimized ,however, he will not be the given the position. It all comes down to who they want and interviews are very subjective.
The_Honourable wrote:GARY BACK ON SHORT LIST

Former police commissioner Gary Griffith is officially back in the race for top cop.

The Police Service Commission (PolSC), headed by Justice Judith Jones, has completed its shortlist in its hunt for Trinidad and Tobago’s new police commissioner.

The Express learnt that Griffith, deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Erla Christopher, Lt Col Sheldon Ramnanan, a former chief legal officer of the Defence Force, and ACP Andre Norton are among 16 on the shortlist.

Griffith said yesterday he hopes this time around external elements, inclusive of politicians, “drink their water and mind their business”.

“I think at this time, it may be inappropriate for me to comment. Whatever correspondence submitted to me by the Police Service Commission I would deem as confidential unless, until it is leaked, which has been the case during the tenure of the last PolSC chairman Bliss Seepersad,” said Griffith.

He continued, “What I can say is that whoever is shortlisted and whatever the result, it is hoped that external elements, inclusive of politicians, would drink their water and mind their business and not interfere in the process, as we saw during the last merit list fiasco.”

He said because of such “interference” in the last year, from August 2021 to August 2022, Trinidad and Tobago has seen the highest spike in crime, the highest number of murders and the greatest fear of citizens being victims of crime in the country’s history.

“Let the independent body do their work and select who they deem as being the best person to lead the TTPS and serve the country to turn this around,” said ­Griffith.

Ramnanan: I’m the best man for the job

Ramnanan, who is also an attorney, said yesterday he is not fazed by the controversy that hampered the process previously, and he believes he is the best man for the job who can curb crimi­nality.

“I trust the process and I think I have the competency, the skills, qualifications and experience to ­fulfil the job moving forward, so I have no fear,” he said in an interview with the Express. He said the office of the Commissioner of Police is a position at the strategic level.

Pointing out he has served the Defence Force for 15 years, Ramnanan said: “I have never been involved in any controversy. What would have happened in the past in relation to the Police Service does not in any way deter me. I’m in the military and I’m here to serve.”

He said he proudly wore uniform as a Cub, a Scout, and even after he graduated as a lawyer he returned to service in the Defence Force.

Ramnanan said he has an effective crime-fighting plan to implement if he is the chosen one.

Norton told the Express he cannot confirm or deny whether he was shortlisted as he has not seen any correspondence. He, however, said he believes he can be the best ­police commissioner for Trinidad and ­Tobago. He said he has a crime plan but it all depends on whether he is shortlisted, as it would be of no value if he isn’t.

The Express tried contacting Christopher, but calls to her phone went unanswered.

Background

Griffith was appointed police commissioner in 2018 and served for three years.

During that recruitment exercise for police commissioner, Griffith emerged as the top candidate following the first phase of the process by accounting firm KPMG.

In 2021 after his tenure came to an end, he served as acting Police Commissioner for a short time, after the Cabinet and Parliament approved a law to allow a former contract officer to act as top cop.

In the same year the recruitment process was marred with controversy after Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley met with PolSC former chairman Bliss Seepersad at President’s House and provided her with information with respect to alleged corruption in the issuance of firearms under Griffith’s purview.

The Police Commissioner Merit list, which had named Griffith as the choice for top cop, was withdrawn by Seepersad.

Rowley later disclosed that he had lost confidence in Griffith as Police Commissioner. The entire PolSC collapsed as every member resigned.

There have been three separate investigations into the issuance of firearms licences.

In December 2020, the National Security Council commissioned a two-man fact-finding committee into reports of an FUL-for-sale arrangement in the TTPS. That committee, comprising Hayden Pritchard and Arthur Barrington, interviewed stakeholders over a two-month period before presenting a report.

Then-retired Justice Stanley John was commissioned by the PolSC to investigate. John said he found a “well-oiled criminal enterprise” and recommended a police probe into several matters raised during his investigation, “and the errant persons brought to justice and not be allowed to go free”.

Last year National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds said an ­in-depth and comprehensive audit into the operations of the FUL unit would be undertaken following the report from retired Justice Stanley John, who described the issuance of FULs “a thriving well-oiled white-collar criminal enterprise”.

The FUL report was prepared by retired ACP Wellington Virgil, retired ACP Raymond Craig and retired Inspector Lennard Charles, who were appointed by acting Commissioner Jacob.

The prime minister’s stated intention to lay the executive summary of this report in the Parliament was challenged by Griffith’s attorneys, and the office of the Attorney General conceded the report would not be laid in the Parliament at this time ­until all parties are heard.

Griffith’s attorneys had written to the PolSC, requesting that none of these reports be used in considering him for police commissioner, as he was got given the opportunity to be heard and respond to allegations.

The PolSC had indicated to Griffith’s attorneys in writing that the commission does not intend to depart from applying the rules of ­justice.

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 1b3c7.html

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2022, 3:42 pm

Is there anywhere to report police officers that driving like cnuts? Especially in unmarked vehicles?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 17th, 2022, 3:47 pm

buy a set of blue lights and pull them over and give them a citizens ticket

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby rollingstock » October 17th, 2022, 4:55 pm

timelapse wrote:Is there anywhere to report police officers that driving like cnuts? Especially in unmarked vehicles?

225-4532
Ask for the colonel in charge. Tell him stock gave you the #

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2022, 5:18 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:buy a set of blue lights and pull them over and give them a citizens ticket
I will get an assault ticket for bruising their ego

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Re:

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2022, 6:20 pm

rollingstock wrote:
timelapse wrote:Is there anywhere to report police officers that driving like cnuts? Especially in unmarked vehicles?

225-4532
Ask for the colonel in charge. Tell him stock gave you the #
I had a good conversation with the Colonel.Apparently, most of who he is responsible for are just plain chicken.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 17th, 2022, 7:48 pm

sandra always says they may be driving so because they dealing with an emergency

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 17th, 2022, 8:10 pm

Is how they drive on the shoulder of the highway every morning. Waiting patiently for the day they hit someone because of such.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » October 17th, 2022, 9:10 pm

pugboy wrote:sandra always says they may be driving so because they dealing with an emergency

I saw them once driving with sirens on just to pull into the station and jump out with boxes of food and I'm sure that's the rule rather than the exception

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 17th, 2022, 9:29 pm

So you want police to starve?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 17th, 2022, 9:39 pm

rollingstock wrote:So you want police to starve?
Yes

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 18th, 2022, 6:54 am

Heartless beetches

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2022, 8:22 am

I see GG promising to buss mark today
ala jack warner tsunami to bring down the govt

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 18th, 2022, 8:37 am

That will surely put him at the top of the CoP list

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 18th, 2022, 9:41 am

alfa wrote:
pugboy wrote:sandra always says they may be driving so because they dealing with an emergency

I saw them once driving with sirens on just to pull into the station and jump out with boxes of food and I'm sure that's the rule rather than the exception

lol d other day one speeding heading north on the shoulder from chase village, lights on but no sirens

had traffic by the chaguanas flyover so he put on his siren to cut through.

he went down the flyover and across to where courts is, park dotish dotish in the bus parking spot and then walk to the atm to do a transaction

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 18th, 2022, 10:56 am

pugboy wrote:I see GG promising to buss mark today
ala jack warner tsunami to bring down the govt

Let's see what happens...

https://www.facebook.com/10651296538277 ... 8336191556

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 18th, 2022, 11:19 am

Less GG, Less Corruption

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2022, 12:39 pm

what mark buss?
who in trouble?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 19th, 2022, 12:47 pm

I see toppy state that he only reapplying for the position to highlight the hate and bitterness in the PM. Also he said that the country had the highest reduction in crime under his tenure as COP. Meanwhile, toppy only held three years , 2019 crime was high and 2020 well covid so what he really saying....

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 19th, 2022, 1:10 pm

hover11 wrote:I see toppy state that he only reapplying for the position to highlight the hate and bitterness in the PM. Also he said that the country had the highest reduction in crime under his tenure as COP. Meanwhile, toppy only held three years , 2019 crime was high and 2020 well covid so what he really saying....

Toppy talking a pack of ass as usual.

T&T done see him for who he really is.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 21st, 2022, 3:34 pm

Epic traffic on the EMR, Mt Hope in the vicinity of the Food Basket supermarket. Licensing officers out in full force.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 21st, 2022, 4:32 pm

who going toppy son party tomorrow in oval?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 22nd, 2022, 1:48 pm

Farmer is back
FB_IMG_1666460838426.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 25th, 2022, 6:42 am

Firearm dealer sues over TTPS’ use of search warrant

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/firearm ... 96469fdbf2

A magistrate or a judge signs off a warrant on sufficient evidence as far as I know. The police don't have to disclose why they searching your premises, simply comply and let them do their jobs right. I could understand suing for damaged property during the execution of the search but suing because they have a valid warrant? If this businessman had 20 businesses you want a search warrant for 20 of those businesses, ways look how crime could never done. The time taken to get those warrants signed off he could start moving whatever incriminating paraphernalia. Let him sue I guess.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”