TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Marlene McDonald Arrested And Charged!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Marlene McDonald Arrested And Charged!

Postby The_Honourable » September 28th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Police mum on Sunshine’s claim of minister’s arrest

Po­lice are nei­ther deny­ing nor con­firm­ing a re­port pub­lished by the Sun­shine news­pa­per that an­oth­er PNM Gov­ern­ment min­is­ter is “about to be charged.”

How­ev­er, pub­lish­er Jack Warn­er is stand­ing by the re­port.

Warn­er’s news­pa­per head­lined the claim this week, that a min­is­ter from the Man­ning-era PNM Gov­ern­ment was at is­sue.

Yes­ter­day Warn­er said, “I’m stand­ing by my sto­ry - sure,”

Sources said the mat­ter al­leged­ly in­volv­ing a sum of mon­ey had been un­der probe by po­lice.

Yes­ter­day Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith said he didn’t com­ment on any po­lice mat­ter in­volv­ing in­di­vid­u­als - whether min­is­ter or not - be­ing in­ves­ti­gat­ed, or not.

At­tor­ney Gen­er­al Faris Al Rawi and Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter Stu­art Young had no com­ment on Warn­er’s sto­ry yes­ter­day.

Mean­while, re­gard­ing a for­mer PNM Min­is­ter who has been charged, the Guardian has con­firmed that po­lice of­fi­cers did at­tempt to meet with em­bat­tled ex-Min­is­ter Mar­lene Mc­Don­ald last Fri­day to speak with her on her claim that Op­po­si­tion Leader Kam­la Per­sad-Bisses­sar had tipped Mc­Don­ald off be­fore po­lice ar­rest­ed her.

But the po­lice were un­suc­cess­ful in meet­ing Mc­Don­ald, it’s un­der­stood.

This, af­ter top po­lice of­fi­cials told Guardian Me­dia last week that a fe­male of­fi­cer had been as­signed to speak with Mc­Don­ald to see if she’s will­ing to dis­cuss her claim about Per­sad- Bisses­sar.

Prime Min­is­ter Kei­th Row­ley re­vealed the in­for­ma­tion in Par­lia­ment three weeks ago fol­low­ing which Mc­Don­ald con­firmed Per­sad- Bisses­sar had called four to five weeks be­fore Mc­Don­ald’s Au­gust 7 ar­rest to tell her that po­lice were “com­ing for her.” On Au­gust 10, Mc­Don­ald was slapped with sev­en al­leged cor­rup­tion charges in­clud­ing mon­ey laun­der­ing. Mc­Don­ald said she’d told on­ly Al Rawi and Young about Per­sad- Bisses­sar’s call. Al Rawi had con­firmed Mc­Don­ald spoke to him on it.

Le­gal sources had point­ed out that Sec­tion 51 (1/6) of the Pro­ceeds of Crime Act makes tip­ping off a per­son on an on­go­ing /up­com­ing po­lice probe, an of­fence where mon­ey laun­der­ing mat­ters are con­cerned. Just un­der two weeks ago al­so, Op­po­si­tion deputy leader David Lee had said Al Rawi - in Par­lia­men­tary cross-talk - told UNC MPs that Sec­tion 51 is a big “prob­lem” for the Op­po­si­tion. Lee said UNC MPs re­searched the Act, but saw no is­sue there for Per­sad- Bisses­sar.

Po­lice, not­ing Sec­tion 51, had said that if any ex­change was sim­ply ca­su­al ban­ter, that was no of­fence, but if a se­ri­ous warn­ing was giv­en, that was an­oth­er mat­ter. They ‘d said ques­tions would have to be an­swered “ahead.” It was sub­se­quent­ly con­firmed of­fi­cers were as­signed to speak to Mc­Don­ald re­gard­ing her “tip-off” state­ment.

This week, the Guardian con­firmed of­fi­cers had in­deed sought to speak with Mc­Don­ald last Fri­day - go­ing to her home and con­stituen­cy of­fice. But they were told to con­tact her at­tor­ney. Mc­Don­ald’s at­tor­ney Pamela El­der said yes­ter­day she wasn’t speak­ing.

The po­lice had al­so gone to the Par­lia­ment where Mc­Don­ald was ex­pect­ed last Fri­day. But Mc­Don­ald was ab­sent that day. She hasn’t at­tend­ed since Ju­ly - be­fore Par­lia­ment’s an­nu­al re­cess and be­fore she was charged. Mc­Don­ald has now re­mained mum and Per­sad- Bisses­sar, sim­i­lar­ly silent. She said re­cent­ly the”Mar­leneGate” is­sue is sub-ju­dice.

Source: https://guardian.co.tt/news/police-mum- ... b120330d4f

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 29th, 2019, 12:03 am

The_Honourable wrote:
De Dragon wrote:The Prime Minis­ter further stated then that he had no idea how corrupt the country was until after being elected as the country’s Prime Minister on September 7, 2015.
This asinine statement alone should disqualify JUHN Scarfy from holding ANY kind of office, especially the one of the PM. Wasn't this moron the one who all of a sudden claimed to be some kind of corruption buster when Manning was looking to jettison his sorry arse?

Is a play for dem pnm till ah dead to show that he innocent and he's trying to fight corruption :roll:

Well when you have dummies like Tokesy and Redman and de rest of the 2NR Red and Dotish Crew, you always have a chance of people believing any nonsense that you spew out.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 11th, 2019, 2:13 pm

And? waste of time and state resources?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 11th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 20th, 2019, 12:24 pm

So status? or everyone already forgot?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:So status? or everyone already forgot?
Yeah PNM getting de job done

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 9th, 2019, 8:10 am

"Slim" Shady's back. 100% certain if she goes up she'll win...:|

If the people want me, I’ll serve
Marlene on 2020 general election run
Ryan Hamilton-Davis

Port of Spain South MP Marlene McDonald said if her constituents still want her, she will put her name forward to the PNM to contest that seat in the 2020 general election. She has been the area’s MP since 2007.

Mc Donald told this to Newsday on Sunday at her “Christmas extravaganza” at her office on Piccadilly Street in Port of Spain where she and City Corporation chairman Wendell Stephen distributed 350 gift bags to people.

Asked whether or not she would consider continuing as PoS South MP, given her recent legal troubles and also being removed from multiple positions in both the PNM and Cabinet, McDonald said the decision on whether she remains as MP does not lie with her.

“That will be determined by the executive of Port of Spain South, that is not my determination. The constituency will determine that, not me. Once the people ask for me...fine, not a problem.”

Stephen said the event yesterday follows Fathers’ Day and Mothers’ Day shows both held at City Hall; a book bag distribution drive which McDonald holds annually and a Christmas dinner which she also hosts each year. “This is just another cog in that wheel of what she has done for the constituency over the years,” Stephen said.

Mc Donald told Newsday her community events start from the beginning of the year with a calypso show on the Picadilly Greens and ends with the Christmas dinner. The gift bags distributed yesterday included towels, sheets, wash rags and a red T-shirt. Mc Donald said the gifts are usually greatly appreciated by her constituents.

“It may seem simple to those who could afford a little more, but to them, it means a lot,” she said. McDonald added, soon after this gift distribution, 300 Christmas hampers will also be shared among PoS constituents. Mc Donald said the events help to join communities in the PoS area, and creates a sense of unity in an area once considered a crime “hot spot”.

“In terms of the crime, how long have you heard about bacchanal and confusion in these areas? I am happy to say when we host these functions, it is the bonding of our people. It is the coming together of our community. It is ordinary people doing extraordinary things, like Obama said. We come together and we work,” she said.

“There is a connection with me and behind the bridge,” she said. “In 2007 when the call was made for an MP, there was never one who came from East Port of Spain. All the representatives for Port of Spain South came from in front the bridge. I am the first one who came from behind the bridge. Therefore if you talk to people like “Twiggy” they would tell you she is from the hood. She is one of us. She is from the ghetto,” McDonald said.

In March 2016, McDonald was removed from her post as housing minister, after questions were raised over arrangements involving her common-law husband Michael Carew and an HDC house at Fidelis Heights, St Augustine. Questions were also raised about donations of $375,000 and $200,000 from that ministry to the Calabar Foundation while she was still in charge of the ministry. Carew was said to be a Calabar director at the time.

In 2017, Mc Donald was removed as Public Utilities Minister after her close friend and Sealots businessman Cedric Burke was allowed in at the Office of the President for McDonald’s swearing-in days earlier. This year, she was slapped with several criminal charges which are pending before the courts.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/12/09/if-the-people-want-me-ill-serve/

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 9th, 2019, 8:16 am

Marlene could shiit in her constituent mouth, and they go vote for she.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 9th, 2019, 8:28 am

vaiostation wrote:Marlene could shiit in her constituent mouth, and they go vote for she.

Yes this is true

PNM ppl vote for party and not for country

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 9th, 2019, 9:35 am

The PNM is such a shameless and corrupt party they may very well put her back to run in the next GE

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » December 9th, 2019, 9:42 am

well at least she da face fits the description of *crapaud* so once she have d balisier tie, she inna gear

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 9th, 2019, 9:49 am

I could tell you one thing, if they put Marlene as leader of the pnm, I voting for she, no questions asked.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » December 9th, 2019, 9:56 am

Glad I sorting out my stuff to leave this place yes

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 9th, 2019, 10:13 am

Dizzy28 wrote:The PNM is such a shameless and corrupt party they may very well put her back to run in the next GE
Well Redman , eliteauto and rspann love dem bro

Redman defends dem
Elite advise dem
Rspann gets rich from dem

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 9th, 2019, 10:23 am

zoom rader wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:The PNM is such a shameless and corrupt party they may very well put her back to run in the next GE

Redman defends dem
Elite advise dem

All good business people get richer when they in power. Nothing new there.

Every one of my friends who are businesspersons say they do better when PNM in power than UNC. And this is across a wide range of businesses such as civil contracting, trucking/aggregate and sand sales, retail sales, customs brokerage etc.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 9th, 2019, 10:26 am

PNM will put who Burkie et al want

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 9th, 2019, 10:36 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Redman defends dem
Elite advise dem

All good business people get richer when they in power. Nothing new there.

Every one of my friends who are businesspersons say they do better when PNM in power than UNC. And this is across a wide range of businesses such as civil contracting, trucking/aggregate and sand sales, retail sales, customs brokerage etc.
Yup cause PNM is not for the small man or seeing about their ppl bro.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 9th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Well they do say that the fourth time is the charm.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 9th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Allyuh doh be on Marlene nah. She is ah part ah de foundation of the PNM. We cyar just kick she out.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 9th, 2019, 10:48 pm

rspann wrote:Allyuh doh be on Marlene nah. She is ah part ah de foundation of the PNM. We cyar just kick she out.
Ok so Darrell den?

Or wigs, weave and sperm Camile?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 11th, 2019, 9:20 am

hydroep wrote:"Slim" Shady's back. 100% certain if she goes up she'll win...:|

Ryan Hamilton-Davis

McDonald holds annually and a Christmas dinner which she also hosts each year.

her community events start from the beginning of the year with a calypso show on the Picadilly Greens and ends with the Christmas dinner. The gift bags distributed yesterday included towels, sheets, wash rags and a red T-shirt. Mc Donald said the gifts are usually greatly appreciated by her constituents.

300 Christmas hampers will also be shared among PoS constituents. Mc Donald said the events help to join communities in the PoS area, and creates a sense of unity in an area once considered a crime “hot spot”.

I am happy to say when we host these functions, it is the bonding of our people. It is the coming together of our community. It is ordinary people doing extraordinary things,

I am not a fan of Marlene McDonald but I commend her for these activities. I respect these actions. So keep that in mind when I say what I think is wrong.

1. I don't think a person charged with corruption should be allowed to hold any public office or have any input in the spending of money raised from taxes, political campaigns or non-profit organisations.
2. I think it is a huge problem that actions as small as this can have such a large impact on a community that they will overlook just about everything a person has done and still call for that person to represent them. That seems like a failure of the state to me.

Some places need community programs more than others because there are people that need to depend on public assistance and those areas should be better funded (think Sea Lots Vs. Valpark). No community should be living in such abject poverty that an annual hamper with some towels and sheets is enough to keep them fully under your control.

BTW, there are ways of tackling this that don't involve relying on a welfare state but I think that idea would be even less popular with capitalists.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 11th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
hydroep wrote:"Slim" Shady's back. 100% certain if she goes up she'll win...:|

Ryan Hamilton-Davis

McDonald holds annually and a Christmas dinner which she also hosts each year.

her community events start from the beginning of the year with a calypso show on the Picadilly Greens and ends with the Christmas dinner. The gift bags distributed yesterday included towels, sheets, wash rags and a red T-shirt. Mc Donald said the gifts are usually greatly appreciated by her constituents.

300 Christmas hampers will also be shared among PoS constituents. Mc Donald said the events help to join communities in the PoS area, and creates a sense of unity in an area once considered a crime “hot spot”.

I am happy to say when we host these functions, it is the bonding of our people. It is the coming together of our community. It is ordinary people doing extraordinary things,

I am not a fan of Marlene McDonald but I commend her for these activities. I respect these actions. So keep that in mind when I say what I think is wrong.

1. I don't think a person charged with corruption should be allowed to hold any public office or have any input in the spending of money raised from taxes, political campaigns or non-profit organisations.
2. I think it is a huge problem that actions as small as this can have such a large impact on a community that they will overlook just about everything a person has done and still call for that person to represent them. That seems like a failure of the state to me.

Some places need community programs more than others because there are people that need to depend on public assistance and those areas should be better funded (think Sea Lots Vs. Valpark). No community should be living in such abject poverty that an annual hamper with some towels and sheets is enough to keep them fully under your control.

BTW, there are ways of tackling this that don't involve relying on a welfare state but I think that idea would be even less popular with capitalists.

I agree with you on point # 1 Slarty, BUT if these people so dotish not to realize the sheit they are living in, and have been living in for decades, and continue to support Two Plate, gangsters, and the PNM, well FACK 'EM!!!

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 11th, 2019, 11:59 pm

What poverty? Allyuh never hear Pink panther song? They laughing in de ghetto.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 12th, 2019, 9:42 am

De Dragon wrote:I agree with you on point # 1 Slarty, BUT if these people so dotish not to realize the sheit they are living in, and have been living in for decades, and continue to support Two Plate, gangsters, and the PNM, well FACK 'EM!!!

The truth is, your logic makes perfect sense, so I can't argue against that.

But I'm looking at the bigger picture. I wonder if I would have been just as "dotish" if I grew up in a similar environment. I've seen qualified people with good jobs that can't reason their way out of a wet paper bag and I've met labourers with zero qualifications but a driver's license that keep me on my toes.

Everyone has a symbiotic relationship with their environment. The problem is those that can change the environment (government and policy makers) blame the people and the people blame the environment, but hardly anyone wants to change what is under their control.

The government can inly slightly change the people but they can change the environment. The people can only slighty change their environment but they can change themselves.

Just google the relationship between parental affluency and childhood success. Look at how "successful" Donald Trump and his children are.

Anyway, like I said, you not wrong, so I cannot change your mind. This is just my opinion.
Last edited by Slartibartfast on December 12th, 2019, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 12th, 2019, 10:00 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
De Dragon wrote:I agree with you on point # 1 Slarty, BUT if these people so dotish not to realize the sheit they are living in, and have been living in for decades, and continue to support Two Plate, gangsters, and the PNM, well FACK 'EM!!!

The truth is, your logic makes perfect sense, so I can't argue against that.

But I'm looking at the bigger picture. I wonder if I would have been just as "dotish" if I grew up in a similar environment. I've seen qualified people with good jobs that can reason their way out of a wet paper bag and I've met labourers with zero qualifications but a driver's license that keep me on my toes.

Everyone has a symbiotic relationship with their environment. The problem is those that can change the environment (government and policy makers) blame the people and the people blame the environment, but hardly anyone wants to change what is under their control.

The government can inly slightly change the people but they can change the environment. The people can only slighty change their environment but they can change themselves.

Just google the relationship between parental affluency and childhood success. Look at how "successful" Donald Trump and his children are.

Anyway, like I said, you not wrong, so I cannot change your mind. This is just my opinion.
Dragon on the ball

Our school system does not teach critical thinking and learning to think for yourself. Every school is cram and cram to pass exams without a reason.

It's the same how PNM and their media houses programs these people minds. They are told X is X and they believe it full e.g. Kamala theef, is she facing the courts or in Jail? They will believe she theef.

Primative thinking ppl with primative minds, they still living on the plantations and being fed garbage by Slave owners .

I said many a times these ppl are stupid and cannot think on their own.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 12th, 2019, 10:07 am

I think they are kept in whatever state they are in on purpose so that they are easier to control. Give them handouts and patronise them enough so they think you care about them but don't give them any real opportunity or education to make them think for themselves or (god forbid) go off and take advantage of better opportunities on their own. That destroying your vote.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 12th, 2019, 10:16 am

Slartibartfast wrote:I think they are kept in whatever state they are in on purpose so that they are easier to control. Give them handouts and patronise them enough so they think you care about them but don't give them any real opportunity or education to make them think for themselves or (god forbid) go off and take advantage of better opportunities on their own. That destroying your vote.
Nice you getting the point and it all roots to our backward education system. They are taught not to question things and take it as it is.

What you read in the PNM media houses has to be true.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 12th, 2019, 11:08 am

zoom rader wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:I think they are kept in whatever state they are in on purpose so that they are easier to control. Give them handouts and patronise them enough so they think you care about them but don't give them any real opportunity or education to make them think for themselves or (god forbid) go off and take advantage of better opportunities on their own. That destroying your vote.
Nice you getting the point and it all roots to our backward education system. They are taught not to question things and take it as it is.

What you read in the PNM media houses has to be true.
The UNC does nothing to help them either. They need PNM to be the only other option. Third parties are the real opposition. Consider PNM/UNC as one party and everything they do makes perfect sense.

I.e. They always stay in power together.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 3rd, 2020, 6:59 am

now saw a vid from gg that as one of the 'gates' that he closed was of calabar foundation. cant remember that being a topic that made news. that calabar was sorted, that is.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 15th, 2021, 12:29 pm

Who else love this black queen

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”