Forums

Giant African Snail?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Giant African Snail?

Postby MaxPower » October 29th, 2021, 9:39 pm

MG Man wrote:nah I poisoned their cat instead....itshits in my yaad and rips up my garbage

Jeezus crice why would you do that?

That’s animal cruelty.

Secure your garbage.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 29th, 2021, 10:20 pm

dogg wrote:There's always more.

Killing individual ones does nothing.

You'll need to treat the entire area with a metaldehyde based bait.

*KRONIK* wrote:
88sins wrote:Gee hee fyaahz bai
Fuh real, bun dat. Bleach and salt may not kill all the eggs
Boi
I say if i find more
I go have to do that
But i monitoring to see if more around
I hoping this was an isolated incident
Yea
I doing some recon round the house to see if i have more
Not able with this night searching tho

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 30th, 2021, 8:20 am

take your vegetable scraps and put them in one or two different spots in a bucket turned sideways with some bait

they will come

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 30th, 2021, 8:30 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:take your vegetable scraps and put them in one or two different spots in a bucket turned sideways with some bait

they will come
Noted
Will try this

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 30th, 2021, 8:40 am

they say a saucer with beer attracts them too

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » October 30th, 2021, 8:40 am

The only real soliton is snail bait the blue pellets. I drop this is specific locations where they breed and congregate.

The bait dries them out similar to what salt does but the snails don't excrete the slime as with the salt or if you crush them. The shell after a 36 hours is empty.

As for stray animals an garbage, use a mixture of eucalyptus, red lavender, white lavender, citronella, mint oils and some good pepper sauce with a bit of water. Spray this on the garbage and specific sport around the outer perimeter of the yard. They would not venture close it also works for frogs. Some people use black disinfectant for frogs, that smell is bleh

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 30th, 2021, 1:00 pm

I not too sure that bait dries them up
I have heard otherwise esp from farmers, stinks up the place with the dead snails

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 30th, 2021, 1:41 pm

the bait doesnt dry them up, it kills them and eventually ants will eat them if there are ants or they otherwise decay and smell terrible

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 30th, 2021, 4:22 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:the bait doesnt dry them up, it kills them and eventually ants will eat them if there are ants or they otherwise decay and smell terrible
Well yes
I take the one i salt day before and throw it in the drain, drain was dry and the shell hit the concrte and the contents spatted
Thing smell rell stink

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2021, 9:44 pm

how much them snail bait does cost ?
looking to get some

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 31st, 2021, 10:09 pm

pugboy wrote:how much them snail bait does cost ?
looking to get some
I had buy a pack a while back...for some slugs by my parents place

Paid 65

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2021, 10:14 pm

a pound?

*KRONIK* wrote:
looking to get some

Paid 65

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 31st, 2021, 10:40 pm

see pic of d pack i buy few wks ago on page 3, for some odd reason it dont want to quote to here

$65 for it last time i buy

pack is 900g = almost 2lbs ...

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 1st, 2021, 7:10 am

pugboy wrote:a pound?

*KRONIK* wrote:
looking to get some

Paid 65
Dont remember TBH
But it was around 1-2lbs iirc

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 1st, 2021, 9:24 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
MG Man wrote:nah I poisoned their cat instead....itshits in my yaad and rips up my garbage

You getting old............I expected you would have shat in their yard and rip up their rubbish in retaliation

sigh
you're right

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 1st, 2021, 6:27 pm

MG Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

You getting old............I expected you would have shat in their yard and rip up their rubbish in retaliation

sigh
you're right
Still hope for you yet .The night is young

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 1st, 2021, 8:09 pm

FB_IMG_1635811707694.jpg

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 1st, 2021, 9:06 pm

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 3rd, 2021, 12:25 pm

20211103_113640.jpg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 3rd, 2021, 5:04 pm

They might make for some good target practice.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 3rd, 2021, 6:06 pm

88sins wrote:They might make for some good target practice.

Yeah, you go ahead and do that, you'll just end up dispersing eggs over a wider area.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 4th, 2021, 8:33 am

dogg wrote:
88sins wrote:They might make for some good target practice.

Yeah, you go ahead and do that, you'll just end up dispersing eggs over a wider area.
This

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 4th, 2021, 8:52 am

Egg dispersal might really be a problem.
But that means more targets :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 1st, 2022, 1:41 pm

Well the snails reach infestation stage in my land, salt and burning with gas reaching nowhere. They're just multiplying exponentially and everyday I'm seeing some huge ones all over the place. I found one the size of my hand a few weeks ago.

So I reach the last resort and went to buy the recommended Ministry of Agriculture poison thiodicarb (Thiovin) to spray. $110 for 500ml. Extremely toxic. The bottle even has the antidote printed on it to tell the doctor and it says to keep locked away when not using. Had to wear mask and gloves because of it's toxicity, extremely noxious deadly smell. Stripped down and bathe and washed my clothes after.

Toxicity
In acute toxicity testing, thiodicarb places in Toxicity Category I (the highest toxicity category out of four) via the oral route and Toxicity Category II via the inhalation route.
This thing is so toxic that you need a license to buy it as a farmer in USA and "there are no homeowner uses." Probable human carcinogen B2 classification.

I had to do this because it's obvious that the eggs and reproduction rates could not be controlled. Slug bait/iron phosphate, etc. would only just kill the snail but not the eggs and 15 days later same problem. Thiodicarb is primarily a pesticide. Anyway, the instructions were 2 tablespoons per gallon of water, but I only had a 1L sprayer thing so I used 1 tablespoon. Spray and snail death within minutes. They just falling down from the wall and dying. I tried to get most places in my yard, anywhere with moisture, around plant roots, near and around the water tanks, inside the banana and sugar-cane patch.... and hope that it does its job with the eggs and see the results within 2 weeks.

Again, this chemical is so toxic that there is a warning in the literature that 48 hours must pass before entering sprayed area without protective clothing and gear. It kills insects, fish and mammals. I would not recommend anyone touching this poison unless it's the last resort.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 1st, 2022, 1:48 pm

they're all over my village and I found a dozen or so in the yard over the last week. Bleach on those that I found, but that expensive to do each time :/

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 1st, 2022, 2:15 pm

bleach doh work nah , i tried dat aready , will stun dem for a 1-2hrs & u will see them creeping like normel

lacquer thinner kill dem instantly

snail bait pellets work really good

this kind of rainy few days is d ideal conditions for them to move in d drains & come in ur place so keep a lookout ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 1st, 2022, 2:28 pm

you mixed twice as strong, a gallon is 3.8 liters approx 4, so you only needed 1/2tbsp
your next problem might be the smell of rotting snails.

what type of land is your infestation ? open or very bushy for them to hide undergrowth ?

some farmers i speak to say you put pellets every few days to let them die off,
a waste to just keep putting pellets everyday as same snail might be eating all the pellets in one night.

maj. tom wrote:Well the snails reach infestation stage in my land, salt and burning with gas reaching nowhere. They're just multiplying exponentially and everyday I'm seeing some huge ones all over the place. I found one the size of my hand a few weeks ago.

So I reach the last resort and went to buy the recommended Ministry of Agriculture poison thiodicarb (Thiovin) to spray. $110 for 500ml. Extremely toxic. The bottle even has the antidote printed on it to tell the doctor and it says to keep locked away when not using. Had to wear mask and gloves because of it's toxicity, extremely noxious deadly smell. Stripped down and bathe and washed my clothes after.

Toxicity
In acute toxicity testing, thiodicarb places in Toxicity Category I (the highest toxicity category out of four) via the oral route and Toxicity Category II via the inhalation route.
This thing is so toxic that you need a license to buy it as a farmer in USA and "there are no homeowner uses." Probable human carcinogen B2 classification.

I had to do this because it's obvious that the eggs and reproduction rates could not be controlled. Slug bait/iron phosphate, etc. would only just kill the snail but not the eggs and 15 days later same problem. Thiodicarb is primarily a pesticide. Anyway, the instructions were 2 tablespoons per gallon of water, but I only had a 1L sprayer thing so I used 1 tablespoon. Spray and snail death within minutes. They just falling down from the wall and dying. I tried to get most places in my yard, anywhere with moisture, around plant roots, near and around the water tanks, inside the banana and sugar-cane patch.... and hope that it does its job with the eggs and see the results within 2 weeks.

Again, this chemical is so toxic that there is a warning in the literature that 48 hours must pass before entering sprayed area without protective clothing and gear. It kills insects, fish and mammals. I would not recommend anyone touching this poison unless it's the last resort.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 1st, 2022, 3:08 pm

pugboy wrote:you mixed twice as strong, a gallon is 3.8 liters approx 4, so you only needed 1/2tbsp
your next problem might be the smell of rotting snails.

what type of land is your infestation ? open or very bushy for them to hide undergrowth ?

some farmers i speak to say you put pellets every few days to let them die off,
a waste to just keep putting pellets everyday as same snail might be eating all the pellets in one night.

maj. tom wrote:Well the snails reach infestation stage in my land, salt and burning with gas reaching nowhere. They're just multiplying exponentially and everyday I'm seeing some huge ones all over the place. I found one the size of my hand a few weeks ago.

Toxicity

Nah....within 2 or 3 seconds of a snail touching or eating the pellet...they die...

And then more snails come to eat that dead snail and die.....

Put the bait in something like a 5 gallon bucket or a 1foot piece of 4 inch pvc pipe to protect it from the rain and also make it easier to pick up the dead snails and throw the bodies in a hole and burn them. Cuz the rotting snails really smell bad.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 1st, 2022, 3:09 pm

Lol I never read the warning label on that thiovin na. Know how long I planning to mistblow the whole place with thiovin

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 1st, 2022, 3:14 pm

Car pain thinner in a spray bottle works the fastest.Just a tiny bit makes them sizzle

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”