Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Giant African Snail?

Postby nick639v2 » July 2nd, 2022, 4:19 pm

j.o.e wrote:
IMG_5194.JPG

This is the one i use. Insides turn to a pile of dust

Same thing I use, only problem is that this attracts them as well, so I put it in the empty lot next door or at a far edge of the property.

I lost my dog because of these snails, she didn’t eat it but the vet noticed in my area a lot of dogs came in with lungworm symptoms. So any water they are in consider it contaminated

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 2nd, 2022, 4:43 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
IMG_5194.JPG

This is the one i use. Insides turn to a pile of dust

Same thing I use, only problem is that this attracts them as well, so I put it in the empty lot next door or at a far edge of the property.

I lost my dog because of these snails, she didn’t eat it but the vet noticed in my area a lot of dogs came in with lungworm symptoms. So any water they are in consider it contaminated

Good info

shaha87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shaha87 » July 2nd, 2022, 5:11 pm

Couple weeks ago someone gave me half bottle of something called nimbecidine to mix and spray for the GAS. It worked quite well as I haven’t seen any since spraying it in and around the yard in awhile. Not too sure where to find it, probably in the agro shops. Central has a really bad infestation as far as I can see.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 2nd, 2022, 5:18 pm

That doesn't kill them. Just stops them from eating whatever you spray it on

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:36 pm

Seems acetone efficient in licking up snails, followed by ethanol and methanol..

Methanol is non toxic to the environment but should not be used in places with open flames or risk of ignition.

And then you wonder why they keeping me far from the methanol.
Screenshot_20220702_194455_com.android.chrome.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 2nd, 2022, 7:38 pm

Some of them guns with rubber bullets should mess up the shells and allow for easy penetration while having fun..

Level pew pew, heck invite a few friends over and have a lime. Shoot snails for points.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 2nd, 2022, 7:55 pm

That is a very bad idea.

https://tt.loopnews.com/content/trying-get-rid-giant-african-snail-dont-crush-them

Entomologist at the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries, Rishi Mohansingh said when crushed, the snails go into a distress response where they emit their eggs. Weeks later, these eggs hatch into more snails, creating another infestation.

‘When the snail goes under stress it sends out eggs, that is why you don’t just crush the snail; when you crush the snail it sends out the eggs into the soil and the cycle continues.’

Also, while the acetone kills them instantly and it's fun to watch, it will add up as a costly half-way solution and does nothing to the two-week turn around exponential reproduction rate.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 2nd, 2022, 8:05 pm

dem things shell hard u know so mashing them up will make more mess\work for u to clean up

like i said b4 if u want instant gratification ghee dem some lacquer thinner u will actually hear dem howl a sound of quick instant death or d same very effective pellets i posted a while back or what joe posted in d previous page ... when they dead just take them up with a ole broom in a scoop , put in d garbage or if u have time bun dem

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 8:43 pm

the shells if collected and could be ground into fine powder could be used as soil calcium fertilizer
somebody need to invent a bait trap which automatically takes them into a collection bin

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 2nd, 2022, 9:38 pm

pugboy wrote:the shells if collected and could be ground into fine powder could be used as soil calcium fertilizer
somebody need to invent a bait trap which automatically takes them into a collection bin
With the dead wet snail?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 2nd, 2022, 9:38 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Seems acetone efficient in licking up snails, followed by ethanol and methanol..

Methanol is non toxic to the environment but should not be used in places with open flames or risk of ignition.

And then you wonder why they keeping me far from the methanol.
Screenshot_20220702_194455_com.android.chrome.jpg
Buh I saying that all de time!!

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » July 2nd, 2022, 9:49 pm

In the initial stage the ministry had a surveillance, bait, remove, educate plan in place. Soil was not to be removed from the area where they were detected but Trinis harden. They also hitched rides on tyres and vehicles out of the area causing spread.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2022, 10:10 pm

no
let them rot and fry out or burn them

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:the shells if collected and could be ground into fine powder could be used as soil calcium fertilizer
With the dead wet snail?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 2nd, 2022, 10:55 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:In the initial stage the ministry had a surveillance, bait, remove, educate plan in place. Soil was not to be removed from the area where they were detected but Trinis harden. They also hitched rides on tyres and vehicles out of the area causing spread.
You see them often on garbage bags and garbage trucks

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 9:15 am

I have reason to believe my neighbourhoodcunt across the street throws snails form his yard in front my fence. Zero snails from the junction to my gate, but they magically show up in the exact same spot every few weeks
Setting up a camera to keep an eye on him
It's very suspicious how they always show up fully grown overnight. These are the kinds of people we live with in this coutry

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 4th, 2022, 9:20 am

MG Man wrote:I have reason to believe my neighbourhoodcunt across the street throws snails form his yard in front my fence. Zero snails from the junction to my gate, but they magically show up in the exact same spot every few weeks
It's very suspicious how they always show up fully grown overnight. These are the kinds of people we live with in this coutry

Hope you catch him in the act because that is just not right.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2022, 9:26 am

yeah send to ian alleyne

MG Man wrote:I have reason to believe my neighbourhoodcunt across the street throws snails form his yard in front my fence. Zero snails from the junction to my gate, but they magically show up in the exact same spot every few weeks

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 9:38 am

really hope to catch them in the act
These ppl mentally sick. They spend all their days washing out heir garage and sweeping the drain in front their house
I've decided to keep my curb untidy and overgrown just to annoy them

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 4th, 2022, 10:07 am

MG Man wrote:really hope to catch them in the act
These ppl mentally sick. They spend all their days washing out heir garage and sweeping the drain in front their house
Religious folks nah?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 10:21 am

timelapse wrote:
MG Man wrote:really hope to catch them in the act
Religious folks nah?

they don't seem overly religious, just cuntish
One day he start quarreling about 10 pieces of grass that blow across into his garage after I cut grass
I told him I'll keep the grass on my side if he can keep the smoke on his side when he burning rubbish I closed the gate before he could figure out a reply :lol:
he feel he is some kinda village badman
Some years ago he hang his gate on the old lady fence post next door
When she ask him why he didn't ask first, he level cuss on her, and then let his welder level cuss on her too

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 4th, 2022, 11:25 am

You never know. They might be innocent. Those snails really strange creatures. No neighbours to do such things and they seem to appear from thin air by me too. They are very hardy pests (the snails ….. but maybe your neighbors too)

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 11:36 am

j.o.e wrote:

You never know. They might be innocent. Those snails really strange creatures. No neighbours to do such things and they seem to appear from thin air by me too. They are very hardy pests (the snails ….. but maybe your neighbors too)

nah I monitor my surroundings VERY carefully and know all the paths those critters take....dem ppl just evil for no good reason

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 4th, 2022, 12:18 pm

mg....them thing does be in your wheel well or inside your car bumper n thing eh

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 12:22 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:mg....them thing does be in your wheel well or inside your car bumper n thing eh

lol it's like you haven't been reading this discussion

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2022, 12:28 pm

love thy neighbour

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 4th, 2022, 12:38 pm

pugboy wrote:love thy neighbour

I love them so much that one day I'm gonna trap their dotish cat and spray paint it green and then release it

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2022, 1:18 pm

it have ways to rig a burglar alarm motion sensor to do that on youtube

MG Man wrote:
pugboy wrote:love thy neighbour

I love them so much that one day I'm gonna trap their dotish cat and spray paint it green and then release it

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 4th, 2022, 1:23 pm

Alot of people aren't taking on the advice to kill the snails. They really just lobbing them over the fence lol.

By me it real sickening right now.

I've taken plastic and wrapped it around the fruit trees and smeared the plastic with thick grease.
Those fawkers climbing up the grass next to the fruit trees and climbing onto the trees . Didnt get to control grass in a while because of the rain

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 4th, 2022, 1:27 pm

they eat fruits ?
i thought is more greens they eating
if they climbing the trees just run a pair of wires about inch apart around the trunk and put 110v on it
will zap them when they short it out

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 4th, 2022, 1:30 pm

pugboy wrote:they eat fruits ?
i thought is more greens they eating
if they climbing the trees just run a pair of wires about inch apart around the trunk and put 110v on it
will zap them when they short it out
Yes they eat everything
Pumpkin,baigan,cherry, orange, cucumbers,hot pepper, lime, lemon even caraille

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”