WhiteAnalyst
Street 2NR

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby WhiteAnalyst » June 20th, 2021, 5:16 pm

De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:You know normally when people create alternate usernames and gang up, it's to take advantage of someone else, but this crew of Pissy, White Analist, and the rest so dotish, better they had stayed as the original user, or create about 100 more, because they failing epically.

But in all seriousness, you really went crying to the mods?

No I didn't Love White Anal I simply pointed out to Celia that he's free to say whatever he wants about me, but family was off limits. I never went to any mod, in fact a "mod" had actually joined him in the attack. At the end of the day, everyone realized that it was the decent thing to do, and we all left it there.

Ways, so sensitive?

What you really do to your kids boi. So you really are a failure with family then?

Nah pretty sure the only failure here is you. You failure is magnified by the fact that there are multiple "yous" :lol: :lol:

I mean I'm not the one crying to mods for being a bad father. That is ultimate level failure then.

Are you sure you're not the user "sissy"?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » June 20th, 2021, 5:19 pm

MaxPower wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Max you have kids?

Yeh mate, on the way.

Looking at early next year.

U?

And no, it’s not a Vene lol

Max , was the conception
1. Immaculate
2. Surrogate ( father) IVF.
3. Surrogate (father) personal.
4.Max propagated.
5. Any other including adoption.

If you don’t mind answering.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » June 20th, 2021, 5:35 pm

sam1978 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Max you have kids?

Yeh mate, on the way.

Looking at early next year.

U?

And no, it’s not a Vene lol

Max , was the conception
1. Immaculate
2. Surrogate ( father) IVF.
3. Surrogate (father) personal.
4.Max propagated.
5. Any other including adoption.

If you don’t mind answering.
Big mouth Max hiding boy. All the talk he does talk about trini bad and vene is God watch what he end up with.. A receding hairline powdered neck darkie.

Don't feel shame boy Max. That's your choice.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 20th, 2021, 5:48 pm

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Max you could have kids?

*Fixed*

Careful,

You go crying to the Mods when i started on your family and the failure of a father that you are, after which i publicly apologized, and you still coming back with the kids thing?

Soldier…..warning you for the second time eh. You won’t like what i could tell you….but i wouldnt. I know when to stop and draw the line, clearly you don’t.

Try and at least enjoy the Father’s Day na.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
I can speak on what to expect for the average immigrant who has little to no financial means looking to build success or wealth. And I can speak from the perspective of living on the East Coast of the United States.

Expect to be viewed and treated no differently than someone with a secondary school education even if you have a university degree. While UWI is more widely recognized than say, COSTAATT or SBCS, employers here treat it more or less the same - as a "third world" inferior education. There may be exceptions in places like Amazon that hire many immigrants and sponsor H1-B visas, but those type of immigrants are usually coming with an MBA or similar degree from their country with some solid experience locally. But overall, expect to accept less pay to just get into a door to build that resume and experience.

For those without that type of education, expect to start from the bottom up. Many TT nationals go into the health field for this very reason - certified nurse assistants, home health aides, phlebotomy/EKG assistants, medical assistants, etc., and still some type of licensure is required that can take anywhere from a few months to a 2-year associate degrees. If I was trying to get a job and fast, the medical field is the easiest and most in demand here. Some start out this way, and once enough monies is saved they branch out to their profession of choice, usually working their job part time, while going to school full-time or part-time. That said, expect to pay out of pocket for schooling - federal-aid (student loans) isn't always immediately offered to those with a work visa and tend to go to those with permanent residency cards or citizenship.

Other options including construction, taxi driver services and warehouse associate jobs (Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc.). Most pay minimum wage (anywhere from $12- $20USD/hour with room for overtime (anything over 40 hours) but expect sweatshop type of environment.

Some have also become self-employed offering trade services (plumbing, masonry, home improvement contractor, etc.), but again, all of this requires licensure. Once a license is obtained its about advertising services and fighting with other foreign nationals (ie Guyanese) to get a contract. The Guyanese community tend to stick together and amongst each other especially in Queens. Trinidadians - not so much.

I haven't even touched on cost of living here (upward of paying $3K USD a month on a small apartment in NYC) or, if you're okay with it - living like cockroaches in a smaller space with shared bathroom/kitchen facilities. It helps to have family that can take you in, but do prepare for those same family members to start demanding monies after a few months (or weeks) of no work.

I can't forget taxes - at least in NYC you pay a tax to live there, state tax (ie New York state -separate from NYC tax), and separate from taxes to the government, social security taxes (ie old-age pension benefits), and Medicare (old-age medical benefits). So that $700USD a week salary whittles down to $450 or so, and that does not take into consideration savings for health insurance, retirement savings, food, clothes, cell phone, personal expenses, etc..

Which leads me to the killer of them all: medical coverage. You cannot afford to get sick in this country unless you have a decent stash AND excellent health coverage. Many jobs still do not offer medical insurance coverage to employees, and this is most certainly an issue for immigrant populations. You ARE required to have some type of medical coverage in this country, so expect to pay a monthly fee. Some medical insurance require you pay upfront (deductible) before they cover any remaining balance. That deductible can be anywhere from $0 to several thousand of dollars. And medical insurance is separate from prescription costs, medical facility costs if you ever need to go to a hospital/emergency room and surgery costs. Many large insurance companies have literally killed people in this country because they refuse to approve paying for services. Michael Moore's documentary "Sicko" provides more insight on the horrendous state of medical coverage in one of the richest countries in the world.

Credit. Americans live off of credit. They don't hardly own what they profess to own. Mortgage, car loans, credit card debt, student loans. Expect to take out hundreds of thousands of dollars and live the remainder of your years trying to pay it off. That's the American dream.

And lastly - racism. It exists, especially against Black men and women. There is protocol on what to do if stopped or frisked by the police for the simple reason of driving while Black. Dashboard cameras are important in the event you end up killed because they thought your phone was a deadly weapon. They also kill you in the comfort of your home, and can get away with it.

Expect to be treated differently at work or deal with their racist and insensitive comments while taking it with a smile for the simple fact that you need to keep that job. Expect other persons that look like you to not be for you. You must always be four steps ahead in everything you do, especially your work environment. Never ever reveal and tell everyone your plans for the future or share your brilliant ideas, which can be used against you. Save all email communications as others can flip and say they never told you this or that to try and get you fired. Expect jealousy. Expect gerrymandering, where you look great on paper for a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood but you're not quite the right shade to be approved. Words cannot explain the layers of how deep those goes. You have to experience it.

In summary, its NOT the land of milk and honey. TT may have its horrendous ways and crime and political buffoonery, but goodness gracious I would take that any day of the week over the explicit racism, implicit bias and daily hustle that drains you mentally, physically and emotionally.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Good review AP, an eye opener that just moving to another country and feel that things are automatically better is not always so.

Redress10 wrote:^^^^

And that folks is why the 1% and those of the lighter hue always threaten to "pack it up and leave" but never quite do. The reality is the vast majority of them wouldn't survive in those countries because they themselves will also face racism and discrimination. Instead they push the narrative that life in TT is hell to keep the people hopeless and despondent. The more that migrate the less competition their children have for resources etc.

Have me pondering on that for a while, well said.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 20th, 2021, 6:06 pm

WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:You know normally when people create alternate usernames and gang up, it's to take advantage of someone else, but this crew of Pissy, White Analist, and the rest so dotish, better they had stayed as the original user, or create about 100 more, because they failing epically.

No I didn't Love White Anal I simply pointed out to Celia that he's free to say whatever he wants about me, but family was off limits. I never went to any mod, in fact a "mod" had actually joined him in the attack. At the end of the day, everyone realized that it was the decent thing to do, and we all left it there.

Ways, so sensitive?

What you really do to your kids boi. So you really are a failure with family then?

Nah pretty sure the only failure here is you. You failure is magnified by the fact that there are multiple "yous" :lol: :lol:

I mean I'm not the one crying to mods for being a bad father. That is ultimate level failure then.

Neither did I :roll:
Looks like all the white boy analizing you get affecting your reading and comprehension

WhiteAnalyst
Street 2NR

Postby WhiteAnalyst » June 20th, 2021, 6:12 pm

De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Ways, so sensitive?

Looks like all the white boy analizing you get affecting your reading and comprehension

Seems like you obsessed with the terms "white boy anal".

So immature. Hopefully your kids had a more mature father than this.

You know what I mean? right? You agree?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2021, 6:53 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
nismotrinidappa wrote:Max you could have kids?

*Fixed*

Careful,

You go crying to the Mods when i started on your family and the failure of a father that you are, after which i publicly apologized, and you still coming back with the kids thing?

Soldier…..warning you for the second time eh. You won’t like what i could tell you….but i wouldnt. I know when to stop and draw the line, clearly you don’t.

Try and at least enjoy the Father’s Day na.

Enjoy your Father's Day Max :D with your family .

When time permits you're invited to my casa for Hawaiian Barbecue :P

Aye thanks bro.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2021, 6:56 pm

wtf wrote:Max pick up one ah dem powdered neck receding hairline darkie thing and hiding it from the tuners..
I support you bro. What is for you is for you.

Oh gawdogawdogawd no.

She mix up, more on the red side.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 20th, 2021, 7:08 pm

De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Ways, so sensitive?

Looks like one of those white boys who analized you has syphillis, hence your vastly diminished brain function and capacity

WhiteAnalyst
Street 2NR

Postby WhiteAnalyst » June 20th, 2021, 7:19 pm

De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Ways, so sensitive?

Looks like one of those white boys who analized you has syphillis, hence your vastly diminished brain function and capacity

Deadbeat failure of a dad....what your kids do for you for father's day? I find you posting real plenty today.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » June 20th, 2021, 7:21 pm

Fellas take it down nah or take it elsewhere. Ppl trying to make informed life decisions with the help of individuals here. This ain’t the time or place. Carry on

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 20th, 2021, 7:23 pm

Yea everyone looking to bounce out T&T but no sound solutions to do so as yet in here.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 20th, 2021, 7:34 pm

Joining the military could be a viable option to overcome some of these difficulties. You get free room, food, medical and training for the duration of your service while getting paid. You learn a trade for free and have a shot at getting citizenship I believe and everyone loves to hire 'veterans' in the states. Racism while an issue is less so at the lower ranks in the military as in training you're all equally worthless lol. If you choose a non combat job you should also be relatively safe
The_Honourable wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:
I can speak on what to expect for the average immigrant who has little to no financial means looking to build success or wealth. And I can speak from the perspective of living on the East Coast of the United States.

Expect to be viewed and treated no differently than someone with a secondary school education even if you have a university degree. While UWI is more widely recognized than say, COSTAATT or SBCS, employers here treat it more or less the same - as a "third world" inferior education. There may be exceptions in places like Amazon that hire many immigrants and sponsor H1-B visas, but those type of immigrants are usually coming with an MBA or similar degree from their country with some solid experience locally. But overall, expect to accept less pay to just get into a door to build that resume and experience.

For those without that type of education, expect to start from the bottom up. Many TT nationals go into the health field for this very reason - certified nurse assistants, home health aides, phlebotomy/EKG assistants, medical assistants, etc., and still some type of licensure is required that can take anywhere from a few months to a 2-year associate degrees. If I was trying to get a job and fast, the medical field is the easiest and most in demand here. Some start out this way, and once enough monies is saved they branch out to their profession of choice, usually working their job part time, while going to school full-time or part-time. That said, expect to pay out of pocket for schooling - federal-aid (student loans) isn't always immediately offered to those with a work visa and tend to go to those with permanent residency cards or citizenship.

Other options including construction, taxi driver services and warehouse associate jobs (Amazon, FedEx, UPS, etc.). Most pay minimum wage (anywhere from $12- $20USD/hour with room for overtime (anything over 40 hours) but expect sweatshop type of environment.

Some have also become self-employed offering trade services (plumbing, masonry, home improvement contractor, etc.), but again, all of this requires licensure. Once a license is obtained its about advertising services and fighting with other foreign nationals (ie Guyanese) to get a contract. The Guyanese community tend to stick together and amongst each other especially in Queens. Trinidadians - not so much.

I haven't even touched on cost of living here (upward of paying $3K USD a month on a small apartment in NYC) or, if you're okay with it - living like cockroaches in a smaller space with shared bathroom/kitchen facilities. It helps to have family that can take you in, but do prepare for those same family members to start demanding monies after a few months (or weeks) of no work.

I can't forget taxes - at least in NYC you pay a tax to live there, state tax (ie New York state -separate from NYC tax), and separate from taxes to the government, social security taxes (ie old-age pension benefits), and Medicare (old-age medical benefits). So that $700USD a week salary whittles down to $450 or so, and that does not take into consideration savings for health insurance, retirement savings, food, clothes, cell phone, personal expenses, etc..

Which leads me to the killer of them all: medical coverage. You cannot afford to get sick in this country unless you have a decent stash AND excellent health coverage. Many jobs still do not offer medical insurance coverage to employees, and this is most certainly an issue for immigrant populations. You ARE required to have some type of medical coverage in this country, so expect to pay a monthly fee. Some medical insurance require you pay upfront (deductible) before they cover any remaining balance. That deductible can be anywhere from $0 to several thousand of dollars. And medical insurance is separate from prescription costs, medical facility costs if you ever need to go to a hospital/emergency room and surgery costs. Many large insurance companies have literally killed people in this country because they refuse to approve paying for services. Michael Moore's documentary "Sicko" provides more insight on the horrendous state of medical coverage in one of the richest countries in the world.

Credit. Americans live off of credit. They don't hardly own what they profess to own. Mortgage, car loans, credit card debt, student loans. Expect to take out hundreds of thousands of dollars and live the remainder of your years trying to pay it off. That's the American dream.

And lastly - racism. It exists, especially against Black men and women. There is protocol on what to do if stopped or frisked by the police for the simple reason of driving while Black. Dashboard cameras are important in the event you end up killed because they thought your phone was a deadly weapon. They also kill you in the comfort of your home, and can get away with it.

Expect to be treated differently at work or deal with their racist and insensitive comments while taking it with a smile for the simple fact that you need to keep that job. Expect other persons that look like you to not be for you. You must always be four steps ahead in everything you do, especially your work environment. Never ever reveal and tell everyone your plans for the future or share your brilliant ideas, which can be used against you. Save all email communications as others can flip and say they never told you this or that to try and get you fired. Expect jealousy. Expect gerrymandering, where you look great on paper for a beautiful home in an upscale neighborhood but you're not quite the right shade to be approved. Words cannot explain the layers of how deep those goes. You have to experience it.

In summary, its NOT the land of milk and honey. TT may have its horrendous ways and crime and political buffoonery, but goodness gracious I would take that any day of the week over the explicit racism, implicit bias and daily hustle that drains you mentally, physically and emotionally.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Good review AP, an eye opener that just moving to another country and feel that things are automatically better is not always so.

Redress10 wrote:^^^^

And that folks is why the 1% and those of the lighter hue always threaten to "pack it up and leave" but never quite do. The reality is the vast majority of them wouldn't survive in those countries because they themselves will also face racism and discrimination. Instead they push the narrative that life in TT is hell to keep the people hopeless and despondent. The more that migrate the less competition their children have for resources etc.

Have me pondering on that for a while, well said.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 20th, 2021, 7:40 pm

WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Ways, so sensitive?

Deadbeat failure of a dad....what your kids do for you for father's day? I find you posting real plenty today.

Ease up on the kids talk.

Don’t be like me and cross the line.

Asking nicely.

WhiteAnalyst
Street 2NR

Postby WhiteAnalyst » June 20th, 2021, 8:45 pm

DMan7 wrote:Yea everyone looking to bounce out T&T but no sound solutions to do so as yet in here.

You know plenty people that trying to get out?

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » June 20th, 2021, 8:47 pm

As trinis, what options do we have? Anyone have a list of countries where we can work legally?

Where are work visas easy to get as well?

Fadakartel
Street 2NR

Postby Fadakartel » June 20th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Penguin wrote:As trinis, what options do we have? Anyone have a list of countries where we can work legally?

Try Cayman islands or Bremuda in terms of getting work permits it`s easy depending on your field.

As for places without a work permit, CSME countries and the UK for 6 months the UK option you need to be offering services to a company.

Other places you can try is the UAE, Isreal and Germany (Try Hays Germany)

Canada would be hard unless you get in via PR then you can apply for jobs easily.

Lastly be careful if you take Chinese vaccines as that may prevent you from getting a job outside of the region due to a lot of places discriminating against it.

Check you Hays, CML cayman, stepping stones, Adecco Group, Michael Page and Bayt

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 20th, 2021, 9:21 pm

WhiteAnalyst wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Yea everyone looking to bounce out T&T but no sound solutions to do so as yet in here.

Bounce out not get out.

WhiteAnalyst
Street 2NR

Postby WhiteAnalyst » June 20th, 2021, 10:22 pm

DMan7 wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Bounce out not get out.

Difference?

Sissy
Street 2NR

Postby Sissy » June 21st, 2021, 3:09 pm

Penguin wrote:As trinis, what options do we have? Anyone have a list of countries where we can work legally?

Why you want to leave? Just curious.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 21st, 2021, 3:37 pm

WhiteAnalyst wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:

Bounce out not get out.

Difference?

Bounce out without ever coming back, unlike get out with the small chance of returning even for holidays.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » June 21st, 2021, 4:02 pm

Sissy wrote:

See his username? Migration is in his nature he can’t help it.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2021, 4:09 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:Fellas take it down nah or take it elsewhere. Ppl trying to make informed life decisions with the help of individuals here. This ain’t the time or place. Carry on

Yes, life changing decisions are always best made on an anonymous forum. :roll:

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » June 21st, 2021, 5:23 pm

Sissy wrote:

Because I want to build my experience and have a better quality of life. I'm a software engineer with a UoL Comp Sci degree.

A guy from my class is working in Montreal for a videogame company, some others are doing fairly well with remote work too. Another guy in the year above me is working at Amazon as a Software Dev too and living in a wonderful home in Scotland.

I find myself wasting away at my job just doing rudimentary work. Trini companies underpay you and don't understand the potential good software engineering can bring to their organization.

After almost 10 years, I still make less than $10k per month. How can I afford a home on that salary?

I want to live abroad, meet new people, get some international experience and work hard and move up.

I'm open to anywhere, US, Canada, Europe, England, UAE, Asia, even Australia or NZ.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 21st, 2021, 5:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
WhiteAnalyst wrote:
De Dragon wrote:No I didn't Love White Anal I simply pointed out to Celia that he's free to say whatever he wants about me, but family was off limits. I never went to any mod, in fact a "mod" had actually joined him in the attack. At the end of the day, everyone realized that it was the decent thing to do, and we all left it there.

Ways, so sensitive?

Ease up on the kids talk.

Don’t be like me and cross the line.

Asking nicely.

Thanks Max.

i_code_and_stuff
Street 2NR

Postby i_code_and_stuff » June 21st, 2021, 5:55 pm

Penguin wrote:
Because I want to build my experience and have a better quality of life. I'm a software engineer with a UoL Comp Sci degree.

A guy from my class is working in Montreal for a videogame company, some others are doing fairly well with remote work too. Another guy in the year above me is working at Amazon as a Software Dev too and living in a wonderful home in Scotland.

I find myself wasting away at my job just doing rudimentary work. Trini companies underpay you and don't understand the potential good software engineering can bring to their organization.

After almost 10 years, I still make less than $10k per month. How can I afford a home on that salary?

I want to live abroad, meet new people, get some international experience and work hard and move up.

I'm open to anywhere, US, Canada, Europe, England, UAE, Asia, even Australia or NZ.

Why not just work remotely (from here) and travel when you get bored? Crime and annoying culture aside, of course.

Sissy
Street 2NR

Postby Sissy » June 21st, 2021, 6:03 pm

Penguin wrote:
Sissy wrote:

Yikes. Is that all software engineers here make?

I got into CS at a Uni in the States. I was thinking of coming back here after finishing and a few years experience. Is the quality of life really that bad in Trini for software engineers? Wondering about it now.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » June 21st, 2021, 6:54 pm

Penguin wrote:
Sissy wrote:

Bro why you still in this waste of time Country?
Organize and buss out. Its my dream as well. Just dont do like some trinis and look back when you leave or ever return.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 21st, 2021, 7:16 pm

Trinidad is a great and lovely country.

A significant number of its citizens, not so.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”