Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby thelem-again » October 14th, 2021, 1:40 pm

I've been in the process of hoping to migrate a few years now. More and more every day/year, that urge and desire grows.

Probably it has been mentioned before but what is the best way of migrating without a family "claiming" for you, a job sponsorship (which is very rare btw) or through the Diversity Programme? Be it US or Canada.

And yes with qualifications, stability and a family of 2 here.

aidan wrote:A very close friend of mine migrated to the USA in 2019, he has a Bachelor's from uwi, and some other courses and about 8 years work experience in the oil and gas industry.

It took him about a year to land a decent job, but during that time he was able to hustle (gig jobs mostly) and save up a decent amount to get himself setup in a nice apartment and have a pretty new car. However he did have a place to stay practically rent free while he was getting himself set up (family friends).

He now has an excellent job with a lot of benefits and is in a better position had he stayed in Trinidad. He says he prefers it over there, however he misses his family who are in Trinidad. He says the job market is hot right now and it's easy to land a good job once you have some education and experience.

I'm also in the process of making a move.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2021, 1:47 pm

I I were to migrate would be to Oregon on land with a South facing slope

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 14th, 2021, 2:18 pm

timelapse wrote:I I were to migrate would be to Oregon on land with a South facing slope

Why?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 14th, 2021, 2:39 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:I I were to migrate would be to Oregon on land with a South facing slope

Why?
Herbs

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 14th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Do you guys know that there are 116 countries you visit with a trini passport?
Why does everyone want to go Canada and the US or UK?
Surely there are better alternatives.
I think one tuner is going Brazil..

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 14th, 2021, 3:15 pm

wtf wrote:Do you guys know that there are 116 countries you visit with a trini passport?

Because different people prefer different things. US and Canada is better in certain things and the others are probably better in others.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 14th, 2021, 3:56 pm

wtf wrote:Do you guys know that there are 116 countries you visit with a trini passport?

visiting a country and moving are 2 completely different things. Ppl going where they can get accepted. Id love to go Australia, buh that aint happening jusso.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » October 14th, 2021, 5:26 pm

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 14th, 2021, 5:30 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Image
Where you heading?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » October 14th, 2021, 5:52 pm

Nowhere right now, I stuck here until December 31st for the earliest.
Was just putting that out there for allor.
Since May they had announced that route.

Germany I usually go but if Condor air doesnt return by the time I ready to gtfo, this KLM would have to do.
I used to pay around €400 one way (bago->ger), so this £474(trini->ams) not too bad considering the Covit.
I was expecting it to be like almost twice that price due to Covit.

Trinispougla
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Trinispougla » October 14th, 2021, 9:18 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:

visiting a country and moving are 2 completely different things. Ppl going where they can get accepted. Id love to go Australia, buh that aint happening jusso.

My parents and my brother went to Brazil recently. My brother went to Belem in Para state and is on the banks of the Amazon river. Parents went to Sao Paulo. They said it was really nice.

I have never gone but i want to go to Brazil and Argentina soon. Some of ny favorite musicians are from Brazil and one of my favorite writers is from Argentina, Julio Cortazar
. A Patna of went twice and he said the wonen in Argentina were really skinny though. Dais a problem. Another problem is COPA virtually has a monopoly on flights there from the Caribbean and they charge what they want.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 14th, 2021, 10:53 pm

Trinispougla wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

My parents and my brother went to Brazil recently. My brother went to Belem in Para state and is on the banks of the Amazon river. Parents went to Sao Paulo. They said it was really nice.

I have never gone but i want to go to Brazil and Argentina soon. Some of ny favorite musicians are from Brazil and one of my favorite writers is from Argentina, Julio Cortazar
. A Patna of went twice and he said the wonen in Argentina were really skinny though. Dais a problem. Another problem is COPA virtually has a monopoly on flights there from the Caribbean and they charge what they want.

I personally love the Scandinavian countries and really enjoyed my time there especially Sweden. I would move there tomorrow if I could but that's not how it works sadly.

In most places either you hada have a family sponsor, a job sponsor, have enough money to startup a business to employ locals or be someone of 'extraordinary ability'..and I guess some provisions for asylum seekers. Other than that its try for whatever educational/skilled worker based lottery system the desired country offers and hope for the best.

One other way is to apply for a student visa and start studying somewhere. Many countries have provisions to absorb students into the workforce/country and eventually offer permanent residency but requirements vary widely, and you hada pay for school which isn't exactly cheap for international students.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » October 15th, 2021, 10:31 am

TheBoostLord wrote:
Trinispougla wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

I personally love the Scandinavian countries and really enjoyed my time there especially Sweden. I would move there tomorrow if I could but that's not how it works sadly.

In most places either you hada have a family sponsor, a job sponsor, have enough money to startup a business to employ locals or be someone of 'extraordinary ability'..and I guess some provisions for asylum seekers. Other than that its try for whatever educational/skilled worker based lottery system the desired country offers and hope for the best.

One other way is to apply for a student visa and start studying somewhere. Many countries have provisions to absorb students into the workforce/country and eventually offer permanent residency but requirements vary widely, and you hada pay for school which isn't exactly cheap for international students.

I've always loved the USA. Not the usual new York, Miami where all Trini sufferers migrate to while living in someone's basement. But if I could have afforded it I would have moved to Montana or Colorado with a huge estate overlooking the forested mountains. Ideal place for getting off grid, hunting hiking and fishing everyday. Living in a small town with very few people around and threw ones that you do meet are good old fashioned conservatives. None of that California liberal stuff. But that's just me, I'm not the typical Trini lol. Still hoping to spend a Christmas vacation like that one day though

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 15th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Anyone ever moved to any middle eastern countries?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 15th, 2021, 2:55 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Anyone ever moved to any middle eastern countries?
Yes a couple of oil workers that I know live and work there , not sure if they took up citizenship. Plus there are Trinidad nurses that work there.

Even in Japan there are Trinis living there.

https://youtu.be/AqrFM9sVAy0

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 15th, 2021, 2:59 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Yes a couple of oil workers that I know live and work there , not sure if they took up citizenship. Plus there are Trinidad nurses that work there.

Which countries? I heard it's hard to get citizenship there?

Wondering about the racism in Japan though. Heard they xenophobic.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 15th, 2021, 3:38 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I have been to Japan they are not racists. What they don't like is rude and impolite ppl.

https://youtu.be/R309zLgdJpE

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 15th, 2021, 3:45 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Superiorman,

If Trinis can be xenophobic to others coming to their country, then they should not make it an issue when the same is done to them when they visit other countries.

They say Gawd is a Trini, and Trinis always getting away.

But yuh see Karma? Boi Trinis does have a hard time everywhere they go if they don’t organize theirselves properly.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 15th, 2021, 3:48 pm

zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I have been to Japan they are not racists. What they don't like is rude and impolite ppl.

Zoom what you did in Japan? Business?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 15th, 2021, 4:06 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Zoom what you did in Japan? Business?
Only for a vacation and was impressed.

After visiting Japan you realise how nasty trinis are.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 15th, 2021, 4:42 pm

the first goal shouldn't be citizenship but permanent residency. then after you settle and decide its a good fit you can work towards citizenship should you desire that.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 15th, 2021, 4:44 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:the first goal shouldn't be citizenship but permanent residency. then after you settle and decide its a good fit you can work towards citizenship should you desire that.

Not sure who you referring to....but some middle eastern countries don't give citizenship no matter what.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 15th, 2021, 4:47 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:the first goal shouldn't be citizenship but permanent residency. then after you settle and decide its a good fit you can work towards citizenship should you desire that.

Not sure who you referring to....but some middle eastern countries don't give citizenship no matter what.

just in general. I saw some comments on it, I mean if you getting to live and work in another country legally das the goal right there.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 15th, 2021, 4:50 pm

zoom rader wrote:After visiting Japan you realise how nasty trinis are.

After visiting alot of places actually.

Even before you reach you supposed to expect to realize that.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 15th, 2021, 4:51 pm

What about setting up base in one country and traveling the world.
Obviously Trinidad is the worst base of all.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » October 15th, 2021, 6:41 pm

I was bored today so I drove up into Canada . Took in the fall colors Visited Montreal did a bit of sight seeing might drive home tomorrow

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » October 15th, 2021, 6:47 pm

The Bamboo Online wrote:I was bored today so I drove up into Canada . Took in the fall colors Visited Montreal did a bit of sight seeing might drive home tomorrow
The colours of those fallen maple leaves and and even the trees at Don Valley is really breathtaking

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 15th, 2021, 7:16 pm

That's how it's normally done.

First residency then after a some years depending on country you apply for then citizenship.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 15th, 2021, 8:33 pm

You guys need to stop playing games just pack up and seek your future

13 easy countries to migrate to

https://wowtravel.me/easiest-countries-to-immigrate-to/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 20th, 2021, 9:47 am

I stated before one of the easy ways for migration to the UK is to join the British Army as a commonwealth citizen.

I think after 4 years service you can leave and then gain residency to Citizenship. Army gives you a solid foundation and after leaving the army employers perfer to hire ex army personnel as first choice in the UK. Offshore employers give ex-army training to join them as mostly deck crew , medics and techs.

https://youtu.be/7RVnzVD_aBk

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”