Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

agent007
punchin NOS

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby agent007 » October 20th, 2021, 9:57 pm

Australia is not a bad choice. They accept IELTS as well but black widow spiders, venomous snakes, crocs, rays and great whites aren't my thing lol

They do have my favorite mazda vehicle on sale there but it ain't enough for me to migrate there and I may never get to physically see most of my family and relatives because of the cost to fly there and the length of time it takes. Also, the older folks won't be too thrilled so it definitely will be a bit lonely down under.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 20th, 2021, 10:20 pm

agent007 wrote:Australia is not a bad choice. They accept IELTS as well but black widow spiders, venomous snakes, crocs, rays and great whites aren't my thing lol

They do have my favorite mazda vehicle on sale there but it ain't enough for me to migrate there and I may never get to physically see most of my family and relatives because of the cost to fly there and the length of time it takes. Also, the older folks won't be too thrilled so it definitely will be a bit lonely down under.

5 years ago I decided to stay for those reasons and a few others. While I did not regret it, I can't think about how much further I would have been had I left at that time. Grateful for the opportunities that came up while here but its time I move on. I can't spend all my years just being around family just cus its family. Many many more things to see and do and everyday the time gets cut a little shorter.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 30th, 2021, 12:44 am

Well said! I’m trying to be optimistic about T&T though. I still believe better days are ahead of us. We are a tropical twin island nation, sitting just outside of the hurricane belt. We have great weather and some nice beaches too. We also have a nice long list of public holidays plus carnival etc. These things are not to be ignored. With the right leadership, we could be paradise and I would hate to pack up shop only to miss great opportunities of progress that is yet to come. Or just maybe I’m being naive?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 30th, 2021, 7:28 am

agent007 wrote:Well said! I’m trying to be optimistic about T&T though. I still believe better days are ahead of us. We are a tropical twin island nation, sitting just outside of the hurricane belt. We have great weather and some nice beaches too. We also have a nice long list of public holidays plus carnival etc. These things are not to be ignored. With the right leadership, we could be paradise and I would hate to pack up shop only to miss great opportunities of progress that is yet to come. Or just maybe I’m being naive?
Dude

Trinidad days are long gone, unless if you well off then you can live good here minus the red government ppl crime

FuadAdnan
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FuadAdnan » October 30th, 2021, 1:44 pm

agent007 wrote:Well said! I’m trying to be optimistic about T&T though. I still believe better days are ahead of us. We are a tropical twin island nation, sitting just outside of the hurricane belt. We have great weather and some nice beaches too. We also have a nice long list of public holidays plus carnival etc. These things are not to be ignored. With the right leadership, we could be paradise and I would hate to pack up shop only to miss great opportunities of progress that is yet to come. Or just maybe I’m being naive?

What great opportunities you expecting?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 30th, 2021, 3:10 pm

It all depends on your expectations and what you want out of life.

Things could get better off course, but in all likelihood, it won't.... And that's because the majority of the population don't want things to change.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 30th, 2021, 3:20 pm

We also have alot of corrupt politicians, abysmal economy, shaky investments and let's not forget a huge brain drain, there are graduates at the moment working in groceries and kfc. What are these opportunities that you speak of , enlighten us.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 30th, 2021, 5:15 pm

My family gone and everyday I find it a lil bit harder to wait out my time, especially if I compare their new standard to mine.

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 7th, 2021, 7:14 pm

All of the supposed plusses that youve mentioned arent as enjoyable as they once were;
The best parts of the "paradise" you refer to has already passed,- theres no progress coming any time soon;
With the right leadership.....This, we' ll probably not eperience in our lifetime in Trinidad.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » November 8th, 2021, 9:52 am

Everyone who has not already left and doesn't have their navel string tied to the idea of Trinidad should consider seeking their fortune elsewhere. I say idea becuase in most people's minds the Trinidad of yesteryear is still a nostalgic repast that keeps many tethered to a sinking ship. The future is not rosy and sadly it has taken me 31 years of my life to realize this. At some point the scales will fall from the eyes of those left here collectively, and I pray that it's not a major crisis that causes it. Go while the going is good. Especially before any sort of currency devaluation hits.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 8th, 2021, 10:57 am

triniterribletim wrote:Everyone who has not already left and doesn't have their navel string tied to the idea of Trinidad should consider seeking their fortune elsewhere. I say idea becuase in most people's minds the Trinidad of yesteryear is still a nostalgic repast that keeps many tethered to a sinking ship. The future is not rosy and sadly it has taken me 31 years of my life to realize this. At some point the scales will fall from the eyes of those left here collectively, and I pray that it's not a major crisis that causes it. Go while the going is good. Especially before any sort of currency devaluation hits.

X2

Do it while you are young,

Trinidad is loss and there is no coming back for young folk

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » November 8th, 2021, 1:40 pm

I expect things to get a lot worse with the cop25 conference last week where many major countries and financial institutions in oil & gas are agreeing to stop foreign exploration and development. The day that goes into effect would be the beginning of the end for a good while in T&T. It's too late to avoid the short term fallout, better to put things in place and diversify for long term gains.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 8th, 2021, 1:42 pm

Firstly, thanks for the replies guys. It is sobering I will admit but I wouldn’t be here if the thought did not cross my mind. T&T has a very special place in my heart, similar to how we would have similar emotional sentiments towards our alma mater.

The reality is, we are sinking and we don’t need to be red, yellow, orange, green or white to realize that sooner or later critical decisions will have to be made immigration wise. The key question is, which country seems most feasible? It appears the countries that we typically want to flock to is the US, Canada, UK and Australia.

The Canadian system has something called Express Entry and there’s a tool someone forwarded to me that you can use to calculate your points. Sadly, I’m in the high 300’s and therefore unable to secure an invitation to apply unless I have a job offer or show that I’m proficient in French.

So if there are people in this thread in the twenties and you have your degree/s etc. and migration is in your mind, start the process ASAP because you lose 5 points every year on your birthday.

I was told that this lady Robin Seligman (Canadian immigration attorney) used to frequent our shores and meet clients at the Crown Plaze/Radisson for consultation sessions. For those who not able with the run around, I understand she can make it happen for you but it ain’t going to be cheap!

God speed to all of us!

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » November 8th, 2021, 2:19 pm

agent007 wrote:Firstly, thanks for the replies guys. It is sobering I will admit but I wouldn’t be here if the thought did not cross my mind. T&T has a very special place in my heart, similar to how we would have similar emotional sentiments towards our alma mater.

The reality is, we are sinking and we don’t need to be red, yellow, orange, green or white to realize that sooner or later critical decisions will have to be made immigration wise. The key question is, which country seems most feasible? It appears the countries that we typically want to flock to is the US, Canada, UK and Australia.

The Canadian system has something called Express Entry and there’s a tool someone forwarded to me that you can use to calculate your points. Sadly, I’m in the high 300’s and therefore unable to secure an invitation to apply unless I have a job offer or show that I’m proficient in French.

So if there are people in this thread in the twenties and you have your degree/s etc. and migration is in your mind, start the process ASAP because you lose 5 points every year on your birthday.

I was told that this lady Robin Seligman (Canadian immigration attorney) used to frequent our shores and meet clients at the Crown Plaze/Radisson for consultation sessions. For those who not able with the run around, I understand she can make it happen for you but it ain’t going to be cheap!

God speed to all of us!

just to add, you lose points beginning from age 30 and a bit more every year.
Robin's team is good, but as you stated they are expensive. I know ppl that went with them and got through.
Even I got accepted via express entry with them but my son was due at the time and that complicated things so we declined it and did something else. Our score at the time was around 430, based off of my wife's education alone.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 2nd, 2022, 4:57 pm

Wanna read up on migrating to Canada. Can anyone advise on website? Tried searching thru this ched, but it littered with political posts so making it difficult.
I'm an engineer with almost 10 years experience. My family is 6 persons.

Any advice to point me in the right direction to do the research would be greatly appreciated..

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 2nd, 2022, 7:31 pm

goalpost wrote:Wanna read up on migrating to Canada. Can anyone advise on website? Tried searching thru this ched, but it littered with political posts so making it difficult.
I'm an engineer with almost 10 years experience. My family is 6 persons.

Any advice to point me in the right direction to do the research would be greatly appreciated..
Why not do a Google search like

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... anada.html

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 2nd, 2022, 10:05 pm

Why do Trinis and Guyanese have Brooklyn Queens so nasty?

Like omg.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » January 2nd, 2022, 10:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:Why do Trinis and Guyanese have Brooklyn Queens so nasty?

Like omg.
Have you ever been? Mostly Jamaicans and afro Americans in queens kid

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 2nd, 2022, 11:11 pm

nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

Ummmm we talking about the same place?

Have u ever been to Liberty Avenue?

Infested with mostly annoying Trinis and Guyanese.

They live like sardines in apartments and basements and have their surroundings nasty. They drive reckless and have no respect for themselves or their neighbors. They park on both sides of the road and play loud music.

Thank god i never overnighted or hung around too long.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » January 2nd, 2022, 11:49 pm

In that Liberty Ave area within the last couple of years alot of Indians bought up property there.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 3rd, 2022, 4:07 am

zoom rader wrote:Cayman islands is always looking for banking, accounting and lawyers. Only industry for techs are in the power companies. They always looking for large engine mech techs and linesmen.

It's a tax free income islands but very expensive to live. A normal Tech in electrical or mechanical will probably make avg 4600US tax free. By the time you pay for living ect you could save 3000us if you bann yuh belly.

Middle east use to be an easy place to work live. But over the years alot of Indians flooded the labour market and brought the salary down. An electrical or mechanical tech would probably get less that 3000us per month.

The indians (India) are extremely educated, family oriented and love real estate deals in any neighborhood :P

For the engineer guy going to Canada - Try USA with a "PE" status - Your signature is worth about $12K USD per month on any public document you seal .

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 3rd, 2022, 7:13 am

RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Cayman islands is always looking for banking, accounting and lawyers. Only industry for techs are in the power companies. They always looking for large engine mech techs and linesmen.

It's a tax free income islands but very expensive to live. A normal Tech in electrical or mechanical will probably make avg 4600US tax free. By the time you pay for living ect you could save 3000us if you bann yuh belly.

Middle east use to be an easy place to work live. But over the years alot of Indians flooded the labour market and brought the salary down. An electrical or mechanical tech would probably get less that 3000us per month.

The indians (India) are extremely educated, family oriented and love real estate deals in any neighborhood :P

For the engineer guy going to Canada - Try USA with a "PE" status - Your signature is worth about $12K USD per month on any public document you seal .

Stop selling dreams, average salary for a PE is 100k. That's 8.3k USD per month before tax, or 6.5k after tax.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 3rd, 2022, 9:22 am

MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

They live like sardines in apartments and basements and have their surroundings nasty. They drive reckless and have no respect for themselves or their neighbors. They park on both sides of the road and play loud music.

It's good that you visited your Guyanese roots in NY

Injuns own the entire Liberty Ave and running businesses.

At the same what has the red government trini Afro abroad achieved?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 6th, 2022, 6:23 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

Stop selling dreams, average salary for a PE is 100k. That's 8.3k USD per month before tax, or 6.5k after tax.

PE signatures are worth more than $100K USD a year for a "status" engineering firms . Example : PBS&J Inc.

Take your experience to the Middle East and you good as platinum. Or locally the builder of Grand B collected $100 M(TT) on a project . The list goes on and on .

It's possible you may be an insomniac and do not have those beautiful dreams :lol:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 6th, 2022, 6:37 am

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

Hmm ... Not so fast skippy .. lots of Trini Afro have secured many high paying professional jobs - doctors, lawyers, teachers etc., The Scholarship de La Marlene peeps :wink: :wink: never return to T&T :wink:

Then there are many Afro Trini with Trini parlors, bakery mini marts , laundry marts - and they are many talented musicians who keep silent .

The enigma however is what they do with the money $$$ since you can really have a fantastic life in New York etc., when you are young and free and have a bag of Trini quick oats to share :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 6th, 2022, 7:18 am

RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

Hmm ... Not so fast skippy .. lots of Trini Afro have secured many high paying professional jobs - doctors, lawyers, teachers etc., The Scholarship de La Marlene peeps :wink: :wink: never return to T&T :wink:

Then there are many Afro Trini with Trini parlors, bakery mini marts , laundry marts - and they are many talented musicians who keep silent .

The enigma however is what they do with the money $$$ since you can really have a fantastic life in New York etc., when you are young and free and have a bag of Trini quick oats to share :lol:

Afros and their money are soon parted

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » January 6th, 2022, 8:12 am

zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

Indian does kill each other when to much money and land accumulate

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 6th, 2022, 9:01 am

xtech wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

The enigma however is what they do with the money $$$ since you can really have a fantastic life in New York etc., when you are young and free and have a bag of Trini quick oats to share

That's does not only apply to injuns.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 6th, 2022, 9:07 am

xtech wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

The enigma however is what they do with the money $$$ since you can really have a fantastic life in New York etc., when you are young and free and have a bag of Trini quick oats to share

We all have to die someday right...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 6th, 2022, 4:09 pm

zoom rader wrote:
xtech wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Like omg.

That's does not only apply to injuns.

TRINI Afro and Indians spend money different .
And use time differently .

Same with other groups - Syrians, Chinese, even Venezuelans.

While is may not be true in ALL circumstance Indians tend to focus on education and then family .

Money follows as a result . Hence they basically have a plan .

On the other hand " Party Boat " explains many other scenarios.

Live your life !

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”