Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

st7
punchin NOS

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby st7 » August 6th, 2022, 3:25 pm

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:Hoover loves to fight.
Hoover is shaking a fist in the air with one hand and beating off under the computer desk with the other.
Hoover gets creamy when he gets negative attention.
You claim to be this intellectual so I guess you would have heard this saying,

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. You and your cohort can't seem to keep my name out of your mouths on a daily basis. Glad to know that I live in your head rent free. :S

Hoover just got creamy! LOL
lol, he and Max creamy

maj. tom have the right imagery for them both LOLLL

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 7th, 2022, 3:05 am

adnj wrote:Hoover loves to fight.
Hoover is shaking a fist in the air with one hand and beating off under the computer desk with the other.
Hoover gets creamy when he gets negative attention.

What is wrong with getting beat off under the computer table by your latina GF from the Bronx ? :D

And a vanilla chocolate yellow mango creamy ?

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » August 14th, 2022, 4:03 pm

THE WORSENING CRIME EPIDEMIC

A female cousin – a single mother and sole trader – had a gun placed at her throat by three gangsters a few days ago.
The teenage criminals told her she would be shot if she screamed.
Terrified, she screamed, anyway, alerting a man who rushed to enquire.
The brazen bandits turned the gun to the man’s head, snatched nearby valuables, and hustled off on foot.
The crime took place in a rural community, better known for warmth than weapons.
Telephones at the town’s police station were not working, and when officers finally turned up, in their typical staid manner they posed questions, dusted for fingerprints, and anxiously poked around.
The odds are that this would become another unsolved crime.
A measly seven percent of crimes in Trinidad and Tobago lead to arrests, and even those cases do not necessarily result in legal convictions.
Crime is a prosperous domestic industry.
The judiciary is practically dysfunctional.
The woeful police chief is so dazed that he is pleading for help from the same besieged nation, while CCTV cameras are down, scientific measures are limited, and other vital resources are in critically short supply.
The Police Service Commission, now a political plaything, is an idle bystander.
Valued stakeholders – faith-based organisations, business, labour, the legal profession, academia etc. – are grumbling only within their fold.
My cousin remains terror-stricken and is not sure when she would return to earning money to put food on the table.
But as macabre as it sounds, she is one of the lucky ones.
People of all ages are being murdered or assaulted and robbed at every conceivable place any hour of day or night every single day of the year.
Crime statistics are so appalling that they have lost impact on an overwhelmed nation.
A New York newspaper recently emblazoned a page one headline about four weekend murders; that weekend, T&T reported nine gruesome killings.
Months ago, with a lower murder toll, T&T was identified by a reputable organisation as the seventh most violent non-war country on earth.
Only a tiny fraction of the day’s crimes make it to the news.
The police service manipulates the media with pictures of gun “hauls” while more and more high-powered weapons mow down law-abiding citizens.
The traditional media is becoming increasingly distant from the people.
Guardian Media has just reported another financial loss, the result of continued decline in legacy media as much as growing irrelevance from the burning issues of the day.
Seven years ago, Dr. Keith Rowley’s PNM promised to zap the scourge of crime with an “all-of-government” approach.
There were manifesto promises aplenty and heaps of criticisms of the incumbent regime.
“Crime is out of control,” the PNM spiel read, adding that T&T “has been determined by the United Nations to be the tenth most homicidal and violent country in the world”.
A shopping list of problems was identified, and prescriptions were outlined.
The Attorney General and National Security Minister routinely assured Parliament of “a menu of measures”.
These days, government officials scarcely talk about the plague of our times, and when they do, they blandly term it “a social phenomenon”.
Prime Minister Rowley discusses crime in a detached, academic manner, and recently termed it “a national health crisis”.
A blindsided nation does not know what to make of that esoteric term, except that crime is an epidemic.
Most disturbingly, gun-toting bandits have not gotten the memo.
Videos of thugs spewing lead are as commonplace as hit pieces against their leader from UNC dissidents.
Rowley has promised another investigation, even as the frightful findings 10 years ago of the Professor Selwyn Ryan Committee are all coming to pass.
Businesses are fleeing Port of Spain, now one of the most murderous capital cities in this part of the world.
While blood-thirsty criminals roam the land, there is no new action plan from the authorities, commentators remain indifferent and a lot of opposition fury is directed at itself.
The current internecine UNC conflict on local government is typical of the skewed national discourse.
Inequity in funding of the local government sector is a primary cause of floods, wrecked roads and other woes for residents of rural, opposition-held communities.
UNC outliers, meanwhile, are indulging in corrosive character attacks on colleagues instead of pressing the authorities on the social and economic issues.
For its part, the government’s local government meeting last week provided no assurance of equitable development of rural areas.
In 2015, the PNM intoned that “crime remains the most serious problem affecting our citizens today”.
Now, on our 60th independence anniversary, there is an endemic national disease of assaults, attacks and abuse.
Ask my scared cousin.
:roll:

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » August 16th, 2022, 1:45 am

Sorry about what happened to your cousin. I'm scared to take my kids even to the beach.
You are right about all you wrote there. Alot happens that don't get reported on so its actually worst. People do get robbed daily and don't bother to report it as they are sure nothing will come of it. They just glad to get away with their lives.

Where and who do we turn to???

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 16th, 2022, 4:06 am

abbow wrote:

There isn’t anyone

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 16th, 2022, 4:21 am

abbow wrote:Sorry about what happened to your cousin. I'm scared to take my kids even to the beach.
You are right about all you wrote there. Alot happens that don't get reported on so its actually worst. People do get robbed daily and don't bother to report it as they are sure nothing will come of it. They just glad to get away with their lives.

How about the people we vote for every five years, whose duty it is to mitigate crime, that's the reason we placed them there to begin with. Not to sit on their hands while more and more bloodshed occurs.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » August 20th, 2022, 12:22 pm

triniterribletim wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
st7 wrote:food is the number thing for me lol

I did miss the food, but I cooked most of it myself up there so it was never a huge problem. Just couldn't get shadow beni in Tesco, had to substitute with coriander.

Also, another thing to consider is that you have a support structure (family and friends) in T&T. Without that safety net you are quite vulnerable.

Definitely do miss the food. Sometimes I wake up feeling to eat a hot doubles on a Sunday morning, or a chicken roti and then I remember that the nearest ones are two flights away in Suriname. That puts a stop to the cravings pretty quick. Apart from that, most ingredients are available here and I can cook the other things I miss. May try a YouTube doubles recipe one day.

Do you have any life insurance policies in Trinidad or did you give all of it up when you left for Brazil?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » August 20th, 2022, 1:32 pm

AlphaMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
st7 wrote:food is the number thing for me lol

I did miss the food, but I cooked most of it myself up there so it was never a huge problem. Just couldn't get shadow beni in Tesco, had to substitute with coriander.

Also, another thing to consider is that you have a support structure (family and friends) in T&T. Without that safety net you are quite vulnerable.

Definitely do miss the food. Sometimes I wake up feeling to eat a hot doubles on a Sunday morning, or a chicken roti and then I remember that the nearest ones are two flights away in Suriname. That puts a stop to the cravings pretty quick. Apart from that, most ingredients are available here and I can cook the other things I miss. May try a YouTube doubles recipe one day.

Do you have any life insurance policies in Trinidad or did you give all of it up when you left for Brazil?

Everything I have along those lines is either US or Brazil based. Don't trust Trinidad brokers as far as I can throw them.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 21st, 2022, 9:51 am

Anybody left and invested in commercial property?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 23rd, 2022, 10:13 am

Fellas who migrated,

hope all you good.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 23rd, 2022, 12:33 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Fellas who migrated,

hope all you good.

When u making the move ?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 23rd, 2022, 1:24 pm

Kickstart wrote:

hope all you good.

When u making the move ?

hey zoom where you now? tobago?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 23rd, 2022, 8:02 pm

How do you travel to Brazil?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » September 23rd, 2022, 10:00 pm

timelapse wrote:How do you travel to Brazil?

Three main options when it comes to air travel

1 - Copa via Panama City to São Paulo
2 - Gol / Azul via Miami / Orlando to São Paulo
3 - Gol via Paramaribo to Belém do Pará.

Options 1 & 2 are same day flights. Option 3 gives you a 2 day layover in Paramaribo, but is a few thousand dollars cheaper.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » September 23rd, 2022, 10:05 pm

hope all you good.

Pretty good. Handling the winter well enough, not many single digit temp nights so far. Hopefully the election year doesn't cause too much chaos.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 23rd, 2022, 11:52 pm

triniterribletim wrote:

hope all you good.

Pretty good. Handling the winter well enough, not many single digit temp nights so far. Hopefully the election year doesn't cause too much chaos.

good to hear dude, keep it up.

You think bolsonaro gonna win?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » September 24th, 2022, 7:15 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

hope all you good.

I hope so. The other dude is a literal jailbird.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 24th, 2022, 1:28 pm

But MSM told us Bolsnaro is Tropical Trump!
triniterribletim wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
triniterribletim wrote:

hope all you good.

I hope so. The other dude is a literal jailbird.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 24th, 2022, 1:52 pm

maybe both candidates are bad choices?
Also anything that the media reports is automatically wrong and part of the new world order conspiracy?

But make sure not to trust the Wikipedia locked article which cannot be edited by the open public, with 304+ cited sources, over a new immigrant to Brazil who only living there a few weeks.

Too bad we also cannot make better choices for our leaders here in Trinidad.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 24th, 2022, 8:12 pm

Kickstart wrote:

hope all you good.

When u making the move ?

Yup. been 9 months for me. Moved into a 2 bedroom house(rental) this month but its such a relief to have my own place. Job has nice perks, I meet new people and see new places daily. My old Toyota paid off for. Credit score growing. Can pay all my bills and things are working out okay.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 25th, 2022, 1:42 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
Kickstart wrote:

hope all you good.

When u making the move ?

Yup. been 9 months for me. Moved into a 2 bedroom house(rental) this month but its such a relief to have my own place. Job has nice perks, I meet new people and see new places daily. My old Toyota paid off for. Credit score growing. Can pay all my bills and things are working out okay.

Glad to hear. Credit score is such a big thing here. Tried opening up several credit cards to boost mine.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 30th, 2022, 8:57 pm

Anyone invested in business in middle eastern countries? like qatar?

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » November 5th, 2022, 7:26 pm

Wish I had left a long time ago....Everyday getting worse and no one seems to care..

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 23rd, 2022, 7:56 pm

What are generally the pros and cons of leaving trinidad for somewhere like the US/Canada?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 24th, 2022, 4:58 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:What are generally the pros and cons of leaving trinidad for somewhere like the US/Canada?

More freedom, better quality of life, and the reduced likelihood of encountering the jackass that will murder you for the contents of your wallet so he can buy weed or puncheon or weave for a guntress.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 24th, 2022, 6:10 pm

88sins wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:What are generally the pros and cons of leaving trinidad for somewhere like the US/Canada?

More freedom, better quality of life, and the reduced likelihood of encountering the jackass that will murder you for the contents of your wallet so he can buy weed or puncheon or weave for a guntress.

X3000

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » November 24th, 2022, 6:29 pm

Only con for ever leabit is that you would be away from your family. There is litertni other con.
I left and can't emphasize how amazing it is, granted I'm based in euro now

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » November 24th, 2022, 9:04 pm

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:

X3000

In NYC crime going back to the 80s and 90s
Using Subway is risky biz
Stealing Amazon trucks
DoorDash men on e-bikes getting killed for the bike
Men on scooters snatching purses and necklaces from people on sidewalks
Crazy junkies walking up stabbing u for no reason

If planning on immigrating to USA-NYC plan not to stay long

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2022, 10:49 am

Yes but tbh any major metropolitan city you go to will have issues with crime, traffic, cost and availability of housing and healtcare, etc.

Better to live on the outskirts of the city limits. That way your only real headache is the commute to work if you work in the city.

I seriously giving heavy consideration to getting out. If I go, is everyone in the family coming with including the dog.
I hate to admit it, but if I decide to leave, I will not be coming back. Because to speak bluntly we have too many issues for such a small country, and they ALL getting way out of hand. Everything outta hand, from the lack of infrastructure to healthcare in a mess to housing shortages and ridiculous pricing to unemployment to corruption runaway inflation, and many other issues.
For me, it's just starting to look like the few good things we have here are outweighed by the issues and are no longer worth the risks and efforts it costs to put up with those issues.

But daz jes me

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 25th, 2022, 10:58 am

88sins wrote:Yes but tbh any major metropolitan city you go to will have issues with crime, traffic, cost and availability of housing and healtcare, etc.

Better to live on the outskirts of the city limits. That way your only real headache is the commute to work if you work in the city.

I seriously giving heavy consideration to getting out. If I go, is everyone in the family coming with including the dog.
I hate to admit it, but if I decide to leave, I will not be coming back. Because to speak bluntly we have too many issues for such a small country, and they ALL getting way out of hand. Everything outta hand, from the lack of infrastructure to healthcare in a mess to housing shortages and ridiculous pricing to unemployment to corruption runaway inflation, and many other issues.
For me, it's just starting to look like the few good things we have here are outweighed by the issues and are no longer worth the risks and efforts it costs to put up with those issues.

But daz jes me

Where you thinking of going?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”