TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

for those who worked hard labor jobs, how did you passed csec exams part time?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

for those who worked hard labor jobs, how did you passed csec exams part time?

Postby philliprock » March 21st, 2019, 8:23 pm

ive posted twice here for very useful information about studying, with the aid of the tuners... ive found success, partially.
ive re did my exams, got that subject, failed that one... kinda like a seesaw :cry: and there are others who seemlessly aced it :shock:
its really hard working 10hr jobs, that doesnt really 'pay' that well and working for abunch of religious snobs whose real god is ching ka ching :?
my little journey finding what i call success (nice AC office wuk with less hours and days) 8-) just seems further and further...

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: for those who worked hard labor jobs, how did you passed csec exams part time?

Postby gastly369 » March 21st, 2019, 8:42 pm

Religious snob checking een

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: for those who worked hard labor jobs, how did you passed csec exams part time?

Postby vaiostation » March 21st, 2019, 8:46 pm

Soldier me ain't wanna discourage yuh, but it have probably close to 200000 vene in Trinidad already. I just a see a video on tv6 when some vene just get of a boat and start looking for wuk already. This country gone through. Just today San Fernando cancel all their surgeries cause it overcrowded(mainly due to immigrants). My advice is time to look outside for work. Even if it's right here in the Caribbean. Our downfall has begun.

But if I can offer you some advice on your situation, the best I can say is try to summarise most of your notes, and put them in a file, and whenever you get free time just read it through. It will save you a lot of time. And do plenty past papers, because the questions usually follow the same format.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » March 21st, 2019, 9:25 pm

I wont be able to offer from the perspective of part time study, but I can tell you what you need to pass the CSEC subjects.

Get your hands on the syllabus.
And the most important part is this: get the past papers and do them religiously, especially the multiple choice questions.
About 60-80% of the multiple choice questions repeat every single year for a given subject. Find them, do them.

I cant stress this enough, it is literally the 'prestige school' secret. Do the past papers and MCQs, learn them.

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » March 21st, 2019, 10:04 pm

the man who talk about d vennies make me start to worry bout trinidad

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 22nd, 2019, 4:40 am

philliprock wrote:ive posted twice here for very useful information about studying, with the aid of the tuners... ive found success, partially.
ive re did my exams, got that subject, failed that one... kinda like a seesaw :cry: and there are others who seemlessly aced it :shock:
its really hard working 10hr jobs, that doesnt really 'pay' that well and working for abunch of religious snobs whose real god is ching ka ching :?
my little journey finding what i call success (nice AC office wuk with less hours and days) 8-) just seems further and further...

thinking like a old indian from the 70's, success in a job as you say is working from home owning your own business and keeping 100% of the profits. even a mechanic can be successful. look at d auto electrician in aranguez. ah hear he buy the land next door.

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » March 22nd, 2019, 10:11 am

kinda in a hole going round and round and donno how to get out???

business has success. buying and selling. nothing becomes successful without taking risks.

when i was going to school, my side hustle was the market selling produce. pos market and retailing on weekends.

for eg. i would buy 10 bags of peppers for 300 from a small farmer and he would go home happy. half i would sell for 350 a bag and the other half i would separate into 100s. by the end half day u coming home with >100% profit. tax free.

produce can be tricky but you need to find your calling. skills have money also. a welder making 1200 a day easy but might work for 2-3 days per week. small jobs @ 300 each, you could more than do at least 4 per day.

doh study office work in ac environment. broaden your mind into accepting other means of financial stability. hustle, work hard and you can be anything

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » March 22nd, 2019, 10:45 am

philliprock wrote:the man who talk about d vennies make me start to worry bout trinidad

That's just a distraction to demotivate you.Continue working hard and try to pass your subjects.Once you are qualified no one can buss style on you. 8-)

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 22nd, 2019, 10:55 am

Would help if you had the syllabus as well as help of a friend who's knowledgeable about the subject to impart knowledge like a lessons man.

It basically boils down to having a motivating fire. If you don't like where you at and qualifications are your escape ticket, you will have the motivation to stick to a study/practice schedule no matter what going on.

And work is work, but office work really isn't what it cracked up to be. If you have entrepreneurial knack, take some business classes to strengthen your existing knowledge so you won't be solely reliant on that office grind. It only looks nice from your current position.

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » March 22nd, 2019, 11:04 am

i dont know about CSEC but i know about CXC and GCCE A'level.
in fact any exam just drill through all the pass papers you can get your hands on.

does not matter if you are cxc to masters degree ...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 22nd, 2019, 1:03 pm

OP, take notes

A-Nothing in life worth having comes easy, you have to put in the effort to reap the rewards bruh. and taking shortcuts isn't an option. Focus, buckle down, & put in the work & u will gt. Don't matter if your classes are s part time, full time, Saturdays only or self study. If you don't put in the effort required for you to retain the required knowledge, you don't reap the rewards. If you find is too much work, is only because yuh not working on it hard enough. Identify your weak areas in whatever subjects you doing, and focus on them and remedy them, & occasionally revisit the areas you strong in.
B-The only time you truly fail at anything is when you give up.
C-Those passes you want that you expect to net you a nice office wuk so you working in better conditions, for more money and less days/hours, ain't as valuable as you think it is. It might as well be hand written in dog kaka on a pissy cloth diaper formerly worn by a vagrant if you don't understand two very basic things:
C-i) that it's just the initial phase of education. You won't be the only one with those passes, you'll be one of literally tens of thousands of people (many more experienced than you, and many willing to work for less than you) with those same subjects and grades. & as mentioned with the massive influx of immigrants these days, the job market today already tighter than a crapaud's anus.
C ii) that you have to use them to make yourself into a marketable product that either someone would want to hire, or use those passes to make yourself into someone that could make his own money.

read HSA post, & take his advice. You seem relatively young, so now is the time for you to get serious and hustle, grind, and suck some salt today to improve your position tomorrow. Get your passes, by all means. But get yuh grind started asap bruh.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”