The Official Tropical Weather Thread 2022

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: The Official Tropical Weather Thread 2022

Postby nervewrecker » August 17th, 2022, 5:24 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Dem fan with battery back up good or not? Thinking of buying one.

depending on the type of battery... most of them use trash li-on batteries... not designed for battery to be replaced.... designed to throw away when battery stop taking charge (planned obsolescence)..
Open it and wire it up to a car battery. Dry cell fairly affordable and cell tower battery literally everywhere.

You can buy a battery charger to keep it charged.

How come nobody ever try to build a set of tubes with low pressure refrigerant at vapor pressure like what these PC coolers have and just stack them for passive cooling?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 17th, 2022, 6:56 pm

today must have been on of the hottest days on record. Thermometer in the shade registered 36.9 °C

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 17th, 2022, 7:19 pm

Brooo..i was in the sun today most of the time. And it still hot...i think i have a fever. I trying to cool down in ac now day.
Gonna uptake more water.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 17th, 2022, 7:29 pm

Started a roof today, no breeze at all for the entire day. Not looking forward to when sheeting off start, I’m used to working in the sun but the kinda heat we getting now, real close to unbearable.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 17th, 2022, 9:00 pm

recorded temp: 34
felt like : frying plantain.

did the pile work yesterday, midday was like broiling. reallllll humid.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 17th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Temp monitor was still saying 31C about half hour ago in my bedroom. 30C now. Sorry for the ppl who were without power.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 17th, 2022, 11:17 pm

Damn

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 18th, 2022, 10:04 am

Really hoping the phone's scattered thunderstorm weather advisory for today at least provides some rain. The indoor thermometer hit 32.4 before the humidity went through the roof yesterday.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 18th, 2022, 2:20 pm

Another scorcher

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 18th, 2022, 2:40 pm

Bro....these days i aint sweating..idk why. But my temp is hot.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 18th, 2022, 2:42 pm

aaron17 wrote:Bro....these days i aint sweating..idk why. But my temp is hot.
Solar flares this week.You may be experiencing radiation heat.I felt it since Tuesday afternoon.Its a dry kind of heat

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 18th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Ohhh

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 18th, 2022, 3:15 pm

timelapse wrote:
Solar flares this week.You may be experiencing radiation heat.I felt it since Tuesday afternoon.Its a dry kind of heat

I don't think that is radiation we can feel or can reach us here through the earth's atmosphere.

It's summer in the northern hemisphere. The greenhouse effect traps heat and with the added humidity it feels worse.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 18th, 2022, 3:24 pm

Heat exhaustion and Heat stroke. The latter is when you stop sweating. Very serious sign that needs medical intervention. Symptoms include the shutdown of the body's thermoregulation by sweating and feeling excessively hot. You're getting brain damage. Take cold baths, run cold water from the shower at the back of your neck and base of brain for a long time, and use bay rum to cool down. Drink a lot more water with a bit of salt in it. Please see about this before it gets worse. Go to a doctor or clinic if you not feeling better. You may need drips. This is a very serious thing, do not ignore or you will die.https://healthyhorns.utexas.edu/HT/HT_heatstroke.html

As for the solar flare explanation..... ummm.... :?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 18th, 2022, 3:32 pm

when you say your temp is hot, do you mean that ur body temperature is hot, or you are feeling hot, or the environment is hot?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 18th, 2022, 4:55 pm

I believe the majority of time im in ac..thats why i eh feel like i was sweating. I was getting skin chills in the night when its cold....i guess that is not a symptom?

Yea i was attacking the fever with showering...and bay rum and keep monitoring my temp. If its a normal fever...this heat making me feel more heated.

My forehead is normal temp. But neck is a little high.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 18th, 2022, 5:21 pm

I drank some coconut water.... gatorade has too much sugar.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 18th, 2022, 6:23 pm

aaron17 wrote:I believe the majority of time im in ac..thats why i eh feel like i was sweating. I was getting skin chills in the night when its cold....i guess that is not a symptom?

Yea i was attacking the fever with showering...and bay rum and keep monitoring my temp. If its a normal fever...this heat making me feel more heated.

This is why I tell people aquaint yourself with the heat and stay hydrated. Staying in ac gets you too accustomed to the cold.

If you could, time your work. Lick down as much as you could before sun come out blazing. Plan so you in the shade for later hours.

You will be amazed at how much work you can get done before sun come out blazing vs when it out.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 18th, 2022, 6:40 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I believe the majority of time im in ac..thats why i eh feel like i was sweating. I was getting skin chills in the night when its cold....i guess that is not a symptom?

This is why I tell people aquaint yourself with the heat and stay hydrated. Staying in ac gets you too accustomed to the cold.

If you could, time your work. Lick down as much as you could before sun come out blazing. Plan so you in the shade for later hours.

You will be amazed at how much work you can get done before sun come out blazing vs when it out.

neighbours a few houses down are building a roof on an extension and I really dunno how those workmen dealing with this heat on that metal roof

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 18th, 2022, 6:42 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

neighbours a few houses down are building a roof on an extension and I really dunno how those workmen dealing with this heat on that metal roof
If yuh accustom to working in the sun....the heat and sweat and breeze against yuh sweaty skin does feel good.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 18th, 2022, 6:43 pm

I find the Atlantic real quiet at this time of the hurricane season

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 18th, 2022, 6:46 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I find the Atlantic real quiet at this time of the hurricane season

Maybe the BIG ONE is coming?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 18th, 2022, 6:56 pm

This?
716896585.jpeg
716896585.jpeg (34.76 KiB) Viewed 947 times

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 18th, 2022, 7:00 pm

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 18th, 2022, 7:07 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Work is work, ban yuh belly and get it done.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 18th, 2022, 7:27 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I find the Atlantic real quiet at this time of the hurricane season

They predict next week things will start to get hurricane favourable. Maybe the storm forming period will extend further into October than usual.

A vast area of dry air and stiff breezes, known as wind shear has persisted much of this summer from the central Caribbean to the central and eastern Atlantic. These conditions have created an environment too hostile for tropical development of the disturbances, known as tropical waves, that routinely move west off the coast of Africa.

Earlier in August, Kottlowski noted that conditions less hostile for tropical waves were developing over Africa and that these "friendly" conditions for tropical development would drift over part of the western Atlantic next week. Once this occurs, tropical waves that have been suppressed thus far may begin to show more vigor due to less dry air and lower wind shear.

August typically marks a rapid increase in the number of tropical storms and hurricanes and that trend usually persists well into September, with the climatological peak of the season occurring on Sept. 10.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/accuweather-issues-update-to-2022-atlantic-hurricane-season-forecast/1234187

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 18th, 2022, 9:13 pm

matix wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Just today I was having this convo with some roof men. On top you get more breeze, thats why I always opted for climbing jobs. Except in the thermal zone, palo seco fields where you up the hill and roasting on top a pole repairing fallen transmission lines. Never drank so much water at once. On a normal day outside its not uncommon to see me drink out a whole bottle water in one shot.

I feel the hottest place in Trinidad is Bernstein Tank Farm in Forest Reserve.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 18th, 2022, 9:36 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timelapse wrote:

I don't think that is radiation we can feel or can reach us here through the earth's atmosphere.

It's summer in the northern hemisphere. The greenhouse effect traps heat and with the added humidity it feels worse.
Saw this online, but I am in no way a medical expert.
A variety of health issues may be caused by changes in the solar and geomagnetic environment, according to a 2018 study in Scientific Reports. "Disturbed geomagnetic activity can also exacerbate existing diseases and is correlated with significant increases in cardiac arrhythmia, cardiovascular disease, incidence of myocardial infarction related death, alterations in blood flow, increased blood pressure, and epileptic seizures."

Additionally, an April 2014 study published in the journal Stroke found a link between geothermal storms and stroke risk among people in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, France, and Sweden. The study compared 11,453 hospital reports with daily geomagnetic activity over a 23-year period and found that geomagnetic storms were associated with a 19% increased risk of stroke overall and a 27% increased risk among adults under 65.
- health.com

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 18th, 2022, 9:44 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
matix wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

Just today I was having this convo with some roof men. On top you get more breeze, thats why I always opted for climbing jobs. Except in the thermal zone, palo seco fields where you up the hill and roasting on top a pole repairing fallen transmission lines. Never drank so much water at once. On a normal day outside its not uncommon to see me drink out a whole bottle water in one shot.

I feel the hottest place in Trinidad is Bernstein Tank Farm in Forest Reserve.

high up with shade, like some shed or pipe rack.. yes. high up in the sun, nah

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 19th, 2022, 12:18 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”