Forums

The Official Tropical Weather Thread 2022

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Official Tropical Weather Thread 2022

Postby redmanjp » June 24th, 2022, 9:03 pm

surely, WASA need to remove the water restrictions by now?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 24th, 2022, 9:11 pm

What water restrictions?
I don't think anybody give a fcuk about that

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 24th, 2022, 9:25 pm

S_2NR wrote:What water restrictions?

i remember they said it would be in place till the end of June or something- but given the amount of rain that fall already it should have been removed already. i notice they stop publishing the reservoir levels- maybe because it too high to justify the ban :lol:

d ting is it have a female officer living next to us who doh like us- this ban could give her justification to put a charge on us for just using our hose to wet plants.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » June 25th, 2022, 3:01 am

Hopefully it more rains north

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » June 25th, 2022, 3:10 am

redmanjp wrote:
S_2NR wrote:What water restrictions?

i remember they said it would be in place till the end of June or something- but given the amount of rain that fall already it should have been removed already. i notice they stop publishing the reservoir levels- maybe because it too high to justify the ban :lol:

d ting is it have a female officer living next to us who doh like us- this ban could give her justification to put a charge on us for just using our hose to wet plants.

You studying that? Sprinklers jamming normal in my area

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 25th, 2022, 11:35 am

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Jun 25 2022

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. Tropical Atlantic:
Cloudiness and showers have become a little more concentrated near a tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic Ocean.
Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this system over the next few days, and a tropical depression could form during the early to middle part of next week. This system is
forecast to move westward at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic, approach the Windward Islands on Tuesday, and move into the southeastern Caribbean Sea by Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 25th, 2022, 11:39 am

Met services in Barbados and st.Vincent have already put their citizens on notice. Meanwhile our authorities waiting for the morning of said activities or even during said activities to advise the public.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 25th, 2022, 11:55 am

Don't put the cart before the donkey, we have this coming in by tmrw evening first. Then worry about the Hurricane formation 3 days later.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 25th, 2022, 12:15 pm

Operational models show the strongest winds remaining north of T&T, affecting Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, and St. Lucia.

Sustained winds up to 40 KM/H are possible across Trinidad and gusts up to 55 KM/H, while in Tobago, sustained winds up to 50 KM/H are possible with gusts to 60 KM/H.

While gusty winds are possible, the main hazard, based on model data, is forecast to be heavy rainfall. Over the next seven days, through Thursday, June 30th, 2022, between 35 and 65 millimeters of rainfall is forecast across T&T, with isolated totals in excess of 125 millimeters. Higher rainfall totals are forecast across Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, and St. Lucia.

https://ttweathercenter.com/2022/06/23/ ... d-to-know/

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 25th, 2022, 12:17 pm

what's the likelihood of current going in south fellas.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 25th, 2022, 12:19 pm

All this talk in here and this thing will most likely miss us with barely any rain to talk about.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 25th, 2022, 12:28 pm

DMan7 wrote:All this talk in here and this thing will most likely miss us with barely any rain to talk about.

Why u say so? Even NHC forecasting plenty rain even if it doesn't develop into a storm.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 25th, 2022, 2:02 pm

Nice. Good rain coming.
Attachments
two_atl_5d0.png

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 25th, 2022, 2:12 pm

matr1x wrote:Nice. Good rain coming.

You're the only one I know who looks forward to flooding, but then calling for sexual violence I shouldn't expect better. Mods sleeping we

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 25th, 2022, 2:16 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Met services in Barbados and st.Vincent have already put their citizens on notice. Meanwhile our authorities waiting for the morning of said activities or even during said activities to advise the public.
The wet season occurs every year, the hurricane season occurs every year. Are we still waiting for some government agency to tell us to prepare? The majority of us have access to the internet to get up to date information without having to wait on our met office. If by now we can't get our act together, then sorry to say, but it good for them.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 25th, 2022, 2:50 pm

if they make an announcement and it blow north, trinis would ignore all future warnings and keep saying

"dah blowing north"

i rather met office delay any announcement until it very clear it won't blow north

that blowing north tho

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 25th, 2022, 5:41 pm

ADVERSE WEATHER ALERT:
Adverse Weather Alert #1 - Yellow Level in effect!

Start date (local time) Sun, Jun 26, 2022 8:00 AM
End date (local time) Mon, Jun 27, 2022 10:00 AM

Issuance time (local time) Sat, Jun 25, 2022 4:17 PM

Description: An intense area of instability and moisture is ahead the axis of an approaching tropical wave. This will affect the islands with cloudy skies, prolonged periods of rainfall and occasional thunderstorms which can result in rainfall accumulation in excess of 25mm and gusty winds in excess of 55 km/h.

Possible impacts include:
Street flooding, which can cause minor traffic disruptions.
Ponding is possible in low lying areas.
Loose items can become displaced by strong winds.
Electrical discharges are possible during thunderstorms.
Low-lying coastal areas may have slower runoff during high tide due to the occurrence of Spring Tides.

Instructions:
Secure loose outdoor items and livestock. Avoid wading or driving through residual flood water.
Exercise caution in near low-lying and coastal areas especially during high tide.
Continue to monitor official sources for information on weather and sea conditions via www.metoffice.gov.tt and odpm.gov.tt.

Area description: Trinidad and Tobago

To view Alert, visit: https://www.metoffice.gov.tt/early_warning

FB_IMG_1656193289283.jpg
FB_IMG_1656193291416.jpg

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 25th, 2022, 7:11 pm

wing wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Met services in Barbados and st.Vincent have already put their citizens on notice. Meanwhile our authorities waiting for the morning of said activities or even during said activities to advise the public.
The wet season occurs every year, the hurricane season occurs every year. Are we still waiting for some government agency to tell us to prepare? The majority of us have access to the internet to get up to date information without having to wait on our met office. If by now we can't get our act together, then sorry to say, but it good for them.

Not everyone has access to internet or social media to be updated....

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 25th, 2022, 7:18 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
wing wrote:

Let's be real, the speed at which rumours, voice notes, fake news etc spread, you don't need 100% coverage. You think people still tune in to their AM radio for news? Let's not continue to make excuses for people's laziness and complacency. Whether you think the government should do it for you, it's personal responsibility to seek the interest of your loved ones and property.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 25th, 2022, 8:03 pm

last AM station got decommissioned a while ago, afaik

fm radio is very much still a primary news source for large portions of the population. especially elderly and the most vulnerable poor

matr1x

Postby matr1x » June 25th, 2022, 8:16 pm

alfa wrote:

You're the only one I know who looks forward to flooding, but then calling for sexual violence I shouldn't expect better. Mods sleeping we

I said that based on if the accusations were true. Also, it's off topic for this thread.

We need rain, the reservoirs are quite low.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 25th, 2022, 8:28 pm

wing wrote:
wing wrote:

Let's be real, the speed at which rumours, voice notes, fake news etc spread, you don't need 100% coverage. You think people still tune in to their AM radio for news? Let's not continue to make excuses for people's laziness and complacency. Whether you think the government should do it for you, it's personal responsibility to seek the interest of your loved ones and property.

You need to crawl outa that sheltered life you living bro....visit countryside locations and see how life is.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 25th, 2022, 8:31 pm

plants also need rain

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 25th, 2022, 9:17 pm

wing wrote:
wing wrote:

You need to crawl outa that sheltered life you living bro....visit countryside locations and see how life is.
I live in the countryside bro. You cannot tell me there is a significant portion of the population living in the dark ages. Electricity and cellular coverage is very widespread. People need to prioritize what's important to protect life and property from something that is expected every single year. Making excuses just creates a dependency syndrome that you guys love to hate on. Anyway, I am as prepared as I can within my means. I wish the stubborn, complacent and lazy ones all the luck if and when the worst comes to pass.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 25th, 2022, 9:39 pm

alfa wrote:

Exactly.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 25th, 2022, 11:07 pm

You mean when the rain start to fall to send out the yellow alert....

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » June 26th, 2022, 1:32 am

matr1x wrote:
We need rain, the reservoirs are quite low.

source? cuz d amt of rain dat fall for the first month of d wet season i say it full up already. it wasn't that low even in dry season.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 26th, 2022, 5:00 am

Tropical depression by Tuesday folks

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 26th, 2022, 5:20 am

General consensus is good possibility of next few days being wet / semi wet.

This is as of now, conditions may change as time goes by.
Screenshot_20220626_052939_com.VirtualMaze.gpsutils.jpg
Screenshot_20220626_053027_com.VirtualMaze.gpsutils.jpg

Rahtid
Shifting into 6th

Postby Rahtid » June 26th, 2022, 7:12 am

Some really dark grey clouds heading to the central area atm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”