Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby Rovin » July 27th, 2022, 11:45 am

yall ever see how half ass they does patch potholes here

a tray truck pulls up & 2 vennie jump out, they a drop couple shovels of asphalt in d hole , hit it a few shovels to flatten & if u lucky u see they bring out d mini compacter for 2 mins ... whole job completed in 5- 10 mins & patch last 2 wks if u lucky ... doh blame d vennie for this cause is trini kantrators who have them under their command

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 27th, 2022, 11:47 am

Rovin wrote:yall ever see how half ass they does patch potholes here

a tray truck pulls up & 2 vennie jump out, they a drop couple shovels of asphalt in d hole , hit it a few shovels to flatten & if u lucky u see they bring out d mini compacter for 2 mins ... whole job completed in 5- 10 mins & patch last 2 wks if u lucky ... doh blame d vennie for this cause is trini kantrators who have them under their command
Asphalt? You're lucky, all we usually get is yellow boulders and backfill. Not even good enough for a soakaway.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 27th, 2022, 11:53 am

wing wrote:
Rovin wrote:yall ever see how half ass they does patch potholes here

Asphalt? You're lucky, all we usually get is yellow boulders and backfill. Not even good enough for a soakaway.

Same thing I was gonna say.
Even the methodology Rovin described there would be taken over what I see now.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 27th, 2022, 12:01 pm

yea sometimes is not even ashalt but jes blue stone aka locally known as crush-run & nothing on top\under of it too ... throw a few shovel of it in d hole, level it with shovel , no compaction & they gone their merry way in under 10 mins ....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 27th, 2022, 12:03 pm

more often it is just large pieces of gravel type stones

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 27th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Rovin wrote:yea sometimes is not even ashalt but jes blue stone aka locally known as crush-run & nothing on top\under of it too ... throw a few shovel of it in d hole, level it with shovel , no compaction & they gone their merry way in under 10 mins ....
Yeah, not even crush run.... and the contractor getting paid fully

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Trinidad: Pothole capital of the world

Postby j.o.e » July 27th, 2022, 2:22 pm

A day I gone in chaguanas…. Wtmc going on with that road by Medford gas station ??!! Geezas crice

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 27th, 2022, 2:29 pm

Passed in Chaguanas someday a while back and a road was blocked off with police and such i didn't take notice.
Yesterday went down by Brentwood and come out the main road by Subway. They paved and patched the road the proper way. I don't know if they hired a contractor but this work was really good. Not the typical Borough Corporation patching at all. They did a good amount of repair in the back there in Edinburgh 500, most of which was previously destroyed by WASA. Entire sections got graded and asphalt.

Let's see how long it lasts.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 27th, 2022, 2:37 pm

You would never believe we were once an oil rich nation with our very own pitch lake....more pothole than road

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 27th, 2022, 2:50 pm

i havent had cause to go 500 side since late last yr so good if they fixed it up

j.o.e wrote:A day I gone in chaguanas…. Wtmc going on with that road by Medford gas station ??!! Geezas crice

d road in front chanramlal hardware ? , by coincidence on fb this morning d chag mayor was there doing some assessment to fix it

i cud be wrong but i figure as to what has d road in that condition is who d road is named after ...

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 27th, 2022, 3:11 pm

j.o.e wrote:A day I gone in chaguanas…. Wtmc going on with that road by Medford gas station ??!! Geezas crice
PNM went on

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 27th, 2022, 3:17 pm

maj. tom wrote:Passed in Chaguanas someday a while back and a road was blocked off with police and such i didn't take notice.
Yesterday went down by Brentwood and come out the main road by Subway. They paved and patched the road the proper way. I don't know if they hired a contractor but this work was really good. Not the typical Borough Corporation patching at all. They did a good amount of repair in the back there in Edinburgh 500, most of which was previously destroyed by WASA. Entire sections got graded and asphalt.

Let's see how long it lasts.

la clave get pave?! shiiiit about time.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 27th, 2022, 3:18 pm

Rovin wrote:i havent had cause to go 500 side since late last yr so good if they fixed it up

d road in front chanramlal hardware ? , by coincidence on fb this morning d chag mayor was there doing some assessment to fix it

i cud be wrong but i figure as to what has d road in that condition is who d road is named after ...

medford road real bad... even the road running in front fair and square.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 27th, 2022, 4:19 pm

So the only way to have a voice is to burn tires? What is the better option that would work?
I eh talking about when somebody ded....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 27th, 2022, 4:23 pm

see a vid where a guy complaining rohani paved inside grand bazaar

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » July 27th, 2022, 4:31 pm

Rovin wrote:i havent had cause to go 500 side since late last yr so good if they fixed it up

Yea the one by Chan Ramlal self. But have no fear central tuners I have purchased property in central so you will begin to see improvements. Stay strong

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » July 27th, 2022, 4:35 pm

We do not have a track record of maintenance in any public good. I am happy for the protests but not the method of protests. It is simply not good enough for the Minister of Works to state that the Ministry has no money, this is not just a present situation.

One key causation continuously outlined is the work of WASA, Where are the utility corridors or information sharing platform that would alleviate this issue at least on paper?

Tunapuna road was only partially paved and there are many trenches, same with the eastern main road in the area of Eddie Hart westward to Tunapuna WASA created sever speed trenches and no repairs in sight

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 27th, 2022, 4:38 pm

aaron17 wrote:So the only way to have a voice is to burn tires? What is the better option that would work?
I eh talking about when somebody ded....
Not much ppl can do otherwise tbh, I'm sure constituents would have acknowledged the situation to the respective MPs on more than one occasion and I guess they realized nobody took their plight serious. Similar to anything in this country sometimes you does hadda get on like a wajang to get service you require.Imagine, back in kams day all we had to do was send a text wherever there was a pothole or bad road.......now is salt

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » July 27th, 2022, 5:00 pm

oh ok.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 27th, 2022, 5:42 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Yea the one by Chan Ramlal self. But have no fear central tuners I have purchased property in central so you will begin to see improvements. Stay strong
Voter padding

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 27th, 2022, 5:45 pm

I literally talk about it this morning and this evening I pass and lo and behold all the potholes patched...

POORLY but patched, strange coincidence

The Aranguez Main Road

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » July 27th, 2022, 5:49 pm

death365 wrote:I literally talk about it this morning and this evening I pass and lo and behold all the potholes patched...

POORLY but patched, strange coincidence

The Aranguez Main Road

Waat!!? We rel get through there boi! Can't wait to drive on it.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 27th, 2022, 9:06 pm

Well this is awkward
FB_IMG_1658970356191.jpg

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 27th, 2022, 9:10 pm

hover11 wrote:Well this is awkward
FB_IMG_1658970356191.jpg
They don't have money to fix all the roads in the country. However they have all the money to fix all the roads in the east west corridor. Anything south of grand bazaar will have to burn some tyres to get relief. Even sando being neglected.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 27th, 2022, 9:15 pm

wait, they take a loan of such a huge amount and saying it have no money? So how they get the loan approved in the first place without laying out an infrastructure plan to address the entire nation's roads to the lenders? They just give away any amount of money asked for to fill politicians' pockets? Damn, this is a notable piece of corruption that will soon be dusted under the "blame Kamla" mat.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 27th, 2022, 9:19 pm

plenty of that money have to go back as paybacks to contractor financiers
check 72 and dem

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 27th, 2022, 9:25 pm

This is what citizens need to protest over... asking where the money gone that is a VALID reason to protest but alas that day will never come and the seven day memory will reset like clockwork

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » July 27th, 2022, 9:41 pm

we waiting on you to start it

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 27th, 2022, 9:50 pm

Where are the equitable returns from this expenditure?
FB_IMG_1658973014100.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 27th, 2022, 10:05 pm

What real fishy is that the roads in Diego Martin and Chaguaramas pristine.Everybody else could haul

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”