Forums

WTK/WTB: High End Coffee Maker

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

WTK/WTB: High End Coffee Maker

Postby slickrick777 » August 17th, 2018, 10:25 pm

well as the topic states, anyone can point me in the right direction as to where locally may have some good top notch coffee brewers?...trying not to have to ship in one because of taxes etc, thats last resort, also for warranty purposes!

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WTK/WTB: High End Coffee Maker

Postby eliteauto » August 17th, 2018, 10:47 pm

What exactly are you looking for? Domestic or commercial? What features? Press, grind, foam, espresso etc? Need to know what you want before recommending

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 17th, 2018, 10:53 pm

eliteauto wrote:What exactly are you looking for? Domestic or commercial? What features? Press, grind, foam, espresso etc? Need to know what you want before recommending

hong wing and hot water. anything else is image. LOL

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 17th, 2018, 11:47 pm

I tend to agree with you to a point, I keep it simple, a good French press and a stovetop espresso brewer is all I use and that's what I use to make from the basic cup to cold brew to Vietnamese egg coffee. The money saved could buy you different roasts/grounds/flavors to have fun with. Even my flavored creamers are homemade

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » August 18th, 2018, 4:26 am

you might scoff at this...but check out XtraFoods....i saw them stocking some Keurig brewers...about $550TTD a pop...not sure of the warranty tho. We picked up a K150 Brewer recently for our office (out of foreign)...and the K cups/pods can be had at Coffee Express.

Alternatively..check out:
http://www.trinidadsales.com/index.php/brands/keurig

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 18th, 2018, 5:33 am

^^$550 is a good price.

I own an espresso machine and fancy grinder.
but now use a cuisinart kcup(keurig) machine
there are many manufacturers of keurig type pod machines.

I use the refillable pods, I buy whole beans and grind and fill the pods.
cheaper than buying the kcup pods and better for the envinronment.

these machines all have a weakpoint in that the solenoid valve sticks eventually
it is energized even when machine is switched off, so better to have it on an outlet with a physical switch.

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » August 18th, 2018, 9:02 pm

already got a keurig, vue, nespresso & dolce gusto...lol...so just looking for a top end drip coffee maker, i currently am using a oster, which to me is a fail...thanks!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 18th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Don't rule out brands like Braun, Cuisinart, Bonavita, Hamilton Beach and Mr. Coffee for excellent quality drip machines.

Do your online research and then start your local search. You might get lucky at Advance Commercial Equipment. They have a solid selection of appliances.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 18th, 2018, 11:21 pm

If you are buying whole beans, then the more important investment is a good burr grinder
Poorly ground beans will make any good coffee machine make bad coffee....

slickrick777 wrote:already got a keurig, vue, nespresso & dolce gusto...lol...so just looking for a top end drip coffee maker, i currently am using a oster, which to me is a fail...thanks!

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » August 19th, 2018, 7:53 pm

the bonavista and moccamaster came out on top on my research as well as the chemex ottomatic, but pricey!

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » August 20th, 2018, 12:58 pm

excellent stores may have hamilton beach or other brands.

Picked up a Bonavita Porcelain dripper recently. Easy to use for single cup. Like the idea you can cover it and let the grounds steep for a while before you open the lever and let it drip tru.

https://www.amazon.com/Bonavita-Wide-Po ... ita+brewer

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 20th, 2018, 6:13 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 20th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Don't forget a good burr grinder
The whirly propeller grinders are the worst, you get particles of varying sizes so the smaller particles will be overdrawn and bitter

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 20th, 2018, 7:41 pm

burr grinders are the bomb
I rather a goose neck pour over or the stove top brewer

where u guys get ur beans from?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 20th, 2018, 9:34 pm

What size grind you use with this?
Lot of review complaints about it clogging
I suspect they using bad grinder which producing lot of fines

SR wrote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DSDWTYA/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01DSDWTYA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=a54d13fc-b8a1-4ce8-b285-d77489a09cf6&pf_rd_r=1D3KN87TK96X3T6XMK0H&pd_rd_wg=6Ndcp&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=IkcPw&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=0241d9c0-a4c6-11e8-a008-17cbddca9dad

I find this works good

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 20th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Normal ground coffee off the shelf not home ground. Too fine a grind will clog the mesh and pass thru. If you want a better filter in it just use a disposable paper filter. Personally i have had no issues with it and cleans up easy.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 20th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Cool, I am gonna buy one to try

I have a good burr grinder

Nova coffee which is starlites locally roasted imported beans is decent.

SR wrote:Normal ground coffee off the shelf not home ground. Too fine a grind will clog the mesh and pass thru. If you want a better filter in it just use a disposable paper filter. Personally i have had no issues with it and cleans up easy.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 20th, 2018, 9:50 pm

pugboy wrote:Cool, I am gonna buy one to try

SR wrote:Normal ground coffee off the shelf not home ground. Too fine a grind will clog the mesh and pass thru. If you want a better filter in it just use a disposable paper filter. Personally i have had no issues with it and cleans up easy.
I stop drink coffee about 2 years now....but all these descriptions making me for a cup....

Still love to smell it tho...

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 20th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Another Cup? More Coffee Could Be Linked to Longer Life Span

https://www.livescience.com/62970-coffee-risk-of-death.html

Coffee lovers may not have to feel that familiar pang of guilt when pouring themselves yet another cup of joe for the day.

A new study found that drinking coffee, even more than 8 cups a day, was linked with a lower risk of death within a 10-year follow-up period. However, the researchers stressed that the study only found an association with coffee and longevity and didn't prove that coffee leads to a longer life.

"Although these findings may reassure coffee drinkers, these results are from an observational study and should be interpreted cautiously," said lead study author Erikka Loftfield, a research fellow at the National Cancer Institute (NCI).

In the study, published today (July 2) in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, Loftfield and her team at the NCI analyzed data from nearly 500,000 people who took part in the U.K. Biobank study. That project gathered health information from more than 9 million people. [10 Things You Need to Know About Coffee]

As a part of the Biobank study, people were asked how many cups of coffee they drank daily, including decaf. The participants also answered questions about their general health, education, and smoking and drinking habits. Researchers additionally sampled the subjects' DNA.

In a 10-year follow-up period, around 14,000 people in the study died (the leading causes of death were cancer, cardiovascular disease and respiratory diseases). The researchers found that the more cups of coffee people drank, the less likely they were to die during the study period. Though there were slight differences among the types of coffee people drank, the results generally held true for instant, ground and decaf coffee.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » August 21st, 2018, 9:08 am

This is my first brewer so its packaged grounds for now. Need to try that nova coffee too.

When I was checking out the french press makers, according to some sites, it does give the best tasting brew since the coffee oils are present as opposed to using paper filters etc, the coffee oils is what raises your bad cholesterol levels. The paper filters filter that out however. Anyone else came across this?

slickrick777, i see the Ninja brand has some cool features
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/store/2/coffee-makers/

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » August 21st, 2018, 10:53 am

originalbling wrote:

This is my first brewer so its packaged grounds for now. Need to try that nova coffee too.

When I was checking out the french press makers, according to some sites, it does give the best tasting brew since the coffee oils are present as opposed to using paper filters etc, the coffee oils is what raises your bad cholesterol levels. The paper filters filter that out however. Anyone else came across this?

slickrick777, i see the Ninja brand has some cool features
https://www.ninjakitchen.com/store/2/coffee-makers/

Massy by Gulf City has the Ninja in stock last time i was there, but it has alot of features but not up there with the better ones example Bonavita, Moccamaster etc!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 21st, 2018, 12:08 pm

Buy a Mocamaster drip and a Bodum French press. Grind. Brew. Enjoy.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 21st, 2018, 12:12 pm

Btw coffee that had been ground loses its potency right after

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » August 24th, 2018, 10:34 am

anyone ever roasted their own beans without using the air popcorn machine and get a fairly even roast?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 25th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Got it today, well made. Will try it tomorrow prob grind beans like brown sugar size or little bigger.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » August 25th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Nice

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » August 25th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Passed Starlite today. They have 4 roasts of the Nova coffee beans. No pre ground tho. Prices range from $65-85 a bag

Also had a Delonghi expresso and cappuccino machine for $1,025 and a Bodum 4pc set with kettle, pour over brewer, grinder and mug for $485 plus some other stuff

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » August 25th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Kettle pot, I live on an old coffee plantation, ..life is good

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » August 28th, 2018, 3:29 pm

nice...keep an eye out and leave feedback here...lol

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 28th, 2018, 4:13 pm

the starlite coffee is great, fresh and not going stale like most imported whole beans.
tastes the same in my kcup refillable pod as well as the pour over device SR alluded to.

Whole freshly roasted beans is a completely different taste than old beans that are going stale or preground.

If you research any coffee machine, the number thing they say is you need a quality burr grinder
to grind the bean into consistent particles.

Coffee that is ground too fine ends up over drawn and bitter.
the downside is a good grinder is not cheap.

I recently got some authentic blue mountain coffee from jamaica too
not the airport tourist stale crap you see selling everywhere.

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”