RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: watch your contents! - Protein in milk

Postby RedVEVO » July 30th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
rspann wrote:How you make flan and ice cream without milk?

Soy, Rubber Slipper man :)

Sending you the recipes in a few minutes .

I promise 8-)

Enjoy that high estrogen levels with all the soy you having pally wally.

I am a real man fcuk that soy.

Real men eat Soy.

Who is pally wally ?
Lol. Never saw a soyboi in the wild before!

Why do you hate milk so much? What did milk ever do to you?

Soy Milk is healthier .

Why should I "hate" milk ?

It's like Pepsi and Coke .

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 30th, 2018, 8:16 pm

^^
Did you know ?

If a person has a LOT of acne or pimples etc., drinking FULL CREAM MILK (Diary) will increase the condition .

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 30th, 2018, 9:42 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^
Did you know ?

If a person has a LOT of acne or pimples etc., drinking FULL CREAM MILK (Diary) will increase the condition .
Full cream or nothing for me tho. Fats good for you once done properly.

The pimple thing doesnt apply to me. Do you think that you will start back drinking milk after puberty?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 30th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:^^
Did you know ?

Full cream or nothing for me tho. Fats good for you once done properly.

The pimple thing doesnt apply to me. Do you think that you will start back drinking milk after puberty?

Yes ..

But Soy.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 31st, 2018, 8:35 am

Whole milk is less expensive than powdered milk in dairy producing areas around the world. 2% milk is cheaper and skim milk is cheaper still.

Cows are usually milked, the milk delivered to the dairy and then shipped to the grocery store within 3 days.

Powdered milk has longer shelf life and is easier to transport - that's why it's cheaper in Trinidad.

There are additives like vitamins and licithin.

Some powdered milk and powdered eggs are produced from excess dairy in the United States. That is often given away in nutrition assistance programs around the world. There is a stigma because of it. Using powdered milk is like using food stamps in the States.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » July 31st, 2018, 10:07 am

Get so here here too, powdered milk is for poor ppl now.

But nothing can beat a thick ass glass of cold creamy powdered milk with your favorite cereal.. Especially under the munchies, allyuh missing out

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » July 31st, 2018, 10:14 am

so 6.5g of protein per 250ml milk is ok?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » July 31st, 2018, 1:24 pm

adnj wrote:Whole milk is less expensive than powdered milk in dairy producing areas around the world. 2% milk is cheaper and skim milk is cheaper still.

Cows are usually milked, the milk delivered to the dairy and then shipped to the grocery store within 3 days.

Powdered milk has longer shelf life and is easier to transport - that's why it's cheaper in Trinidad.

There are additives like vitamins and licithin.

Some powdered milk and powdered eggs are produced from excess dairy in the United States. That is often given away in nutrition assistance programs around the world. There is a stigma because of it. Using powdered milk is like using food stamps in the States.

This guys gets it. Milk is one of the cheapest products to produce globally. A litre of whole milk retails for as little as .40 euros. Milk prices have been in steady decline for decades. Milk production is also heavily subsidised to ensure profitability.

Milk is supposed to be sold fresh and consumed within days. Powdered milk isn't "real" milk. "Fresh" milk has one ingredient in it...milk. Milk is supposed to be pasteurised or ultra pasteurised only and sold.

Powdered Milk and UHT milk are considered long life milk meaning they are suppose to stay on the shelves for months on end. These types of milk are hardly consumed in developed nations as fresh milk is already cheap and easily available. Our powdered milk is also imported from Ireland etc. We consume UHT milk as our "fresh" milk but that's not how it's suppose to be consumed. UHT milk is suppose to be a process for things such as flavoured milk and not for daily consumption. Daily consumption suppose to be fresh milk....Trinis being robbed as usual.

The only "fresh" milk on the market is the University Farms milk I believe. I suppose that is just pasteurised and sold. UHT changes the molecular cells of the milk. UHT sterilization leads to a 20-30% loss of vitamin activity and sterilization leads to 50% loss of vitamin activity. So what are you really drinking UHT milk for? ALL milk produced in Trinidad is supposed to be sold as "fresh" milk that is pasteurised only. UHT milk like powdered milk can be easily imported and sold for the same price that milk being produced here is sold for. So why is the majority of our milk that is being produced here UHT? ROBBERY

The problem is that big multi national corporation in Valsayn that monopolised our milk market.
They are not a milk producing company in developed nations. Yet somehow they have been allowed to monopolised OUR market and become our milk producer. Have a look....Do you see any milk on sale here? https://www.nestle.co.uk/brands/dairyproducts
https://www.nestle.com/brands/dairy

Powdered milk is a by product of milk. It's basically an industrial product. It's used to create ready made meals and as milk substitute for calves etc. The milk of the cow is considered to valuable to give to calf so they are given powdered milk instead. The same powdered milk that trinis buy regardless of price and believe holds some status.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » July 31st, 2018, 2:05 pm

They refer UHT milk as dead milk in other countries as after that process it pretty much kills everything or renders it useless
and after that process they then add minerals and vits to say the milk has some sort of nutrition

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 2nd, 2018, 10:22 am

So the protein content in the reconstituted milk in the lead post is now 6g per 250ml.
I checked yesterday.

The fat content is also lower than other milks.

So those who buy it is actually paying for watered down milk.

I guess we like it so.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 2nd, 2018, 11:56 am

Goat milk has less lactose and more protein .

Goat is the way to go in our modern high paced society .

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 2nd, 2018, 12:30 pm

I grew up drinking Nestle Milk like water, until I developed a nasal allergy to it in my teens. I honestly believe the Nestle on the shelf now doesn't taste anywhere close to what I used to have, it now has a watery powder milk taste. The allergy is one thing but the taste is the other. I used to rel drink supligen, chocnut and eggnog too but I couldn't even finish the last pack of Supligen I bought because of the taste. Idk if my allergy had anything to do with their formula change. I still looking around for something, experimenting with Moo these days because of their claims, but the alternatives in this thread would be next.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 2nd, 2018, 3:42 pm

^^

Drink Goat milk .

You can buy the foreign packed one @ Peppercorns .

But the Goats are from England .

Or any Massy Store in the Milk Section which is next to the Cheese Section.

Goats from T&T .

RedVEVO Approved .

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 5th, 2018, 10:34 am

So i've noticed that the brand's non-reconstituted milk is ALSO at 6g per 250ml!!!

Is it legal to water down milk in this way??

Other brands milk is at 8-9g.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 5th, 2018, 8:39 pm

since we on the milk conspiracy. ..what if the protein content is spiked with the cheaper amino but still count towards a total protein content....none has a protein profile listed

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » November 6th, 2018, 12:12 am

RedVEVO wrote:Goat milk has less lactose and more protein .

Goat is the way to go in our modern high paced society .

Those yellow men friend Anand gone goat long time.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 6th, 2018, 1:26 am

Geed, goat. I tried some brand of goat milk n spit it out right after. Izza acquired taste. Best to buy pasteurized cow milk from a reputable old farmer and yuh on. University field station milk does lash ...what abt the genuineness wrt nutri info?

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 6th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Milk money drying up
by

Fri May 06 2016
The col­lapse of milk pro­duc­tion in T&T over the last 15 years should be blamed on the low prices that Nestle pays for milk from lo­cal farm­ers, says Chris Med­ford, pres­i­dent of the Cat­tle Farm­ers' As­so­ci­a­tion of T&T.

"Be­tween 2001 and De­cem­ber of 2015, T&T's milk pro­duc­tion dropped from 13 mil­lion kg per year to un­der three mil­lion last year. The main prob­lem for this is the cheap price of milk that farm­ers sell. Farm­ers can­not con­tin­ue pro­duc­ing milk at a loss. It means farm­ers are work­ing for free," Med­ford told the Busi­ness Guardian by phone last Fri­day.

He said, in 1982, farm­ers re­ceived 95 cents from Nestle for a litre of milk and 90 cents from the State, a to­tal of $1.85.

To­day, in 2016, Nestle pays farm­ers $2.35 and the State pays $1.50, a base price of $3.85 per litre of milk.

He not­ed that one litre of milk weighs one kilo­gramme.

"The year 1982 was the last time farm­ers sold their milk at a prof­it. Now, in 2016, the base price is $3.85. The State on­ly gives a sub­sidy if a farmer sells to Nestle and no one else. If you sell your milk to Ram­saran Dairy Prod­ucts, who is a proces­sor, you will not get a sub­sidy. So, in 34 years, the to­tal in­crease that farm­ers got from Nestle for the milk they sell is $2 per litre," he said.

He said the cost of pro­duc­ing a litre of milk far ex­ceeds what they are sell­ing the milk for.

"Every­thing else is go­ing up. In 1982, you got a work­er to work for $50 a day. To­day, no one wants to work on the dairy farms, and if a farmer is lucky to find some­one, the least the scamps are ask­ing for is $250 dai­ly. But farm­ing can­not pay that," he said.

In 2006, the Min­istry of Agri­cul­ture did a sur­vey and the av­er­age price then to pro­duce a litre of milk was about $4.60.

In 2006, farm­ers were get­ting $3 per litre and he said it shows how far farm­ers were and are still be­hind.

Med­ford said he no longer sells milk to Nestl� as he would have gone "bank­rupt" by now.

He last sold milk to Nestle in 2008. He now sells to oth­er busi­ness­es which, he said, pays "con­sid­er­ably more" for his milk.

"I have found a new, niche mar­ket for my milk. My farm is in Carlsen Field and I have been say­ing for years that milk pro­duc­tion is de­clin­ing and be­ing re­placed by im­port­ed milk. Re­cent­ly, we had Moo Milk from Ger­many. I now sell to the for­eign em­bassies, restau­rants from In­dia, the Hilton Ho­tel and oth­ers in the pri­vate sec­tor," he said.

No gov­ern­ment help

Apart from the col­lapse of milk pro­duc­tion, Med­ford al­so said that two thirds of the di­ary farms are now out of busi­ness.

He said the con­cen­tra­tion of farms are in Carlsen field, Waller­field and Va­len­cia.

"We have lost the dairy pro­duc­ing farms, even though the lands are there. We have al­so lost two thirds of the dairy cat­tle. We have al­so lost farm­ers."

He blames pre­vi­ous gov­ern­ments for al­low­ing the cri­sis that ex­ists in the di­ary farm­ing sec­tor to­day.

"The gov­ern­ment says if a farmer plants grass, he gets a sub­sidy. If he fences, he gets a sub­sidy. If he re­pairs his pen, he gets a sub­sidy. Since the 1990s, the State has not re­newed leas­es for farm­ers and you need the leas­es to qual­i­fy for the sub­si­dies. Some peo­ple from the Min­istry of Agri­cul­ture were on my farm two weeks ago and I point­ed it out to them. I buy ve­hi­cles, I fence, I plough and I have nev­er got one cent in in­cen­tives from the Gov­ern­ment. I now own 70 cows but, back in the day, I owned al­most 300," he said.

He al­so said Nestle has not been help­ful to farm­ers.

"Nestle took the po­si­tion, if farm­ers are not hap­py with their price, we can go oth­er places."

Re­act­ing to the news that the Gov­ern­ment wants to help farm­ers pro­duce their own milk, he scoffed and laughed it off call­ing it a "big joke."

He said the so­lu­tion for farm­ers is for the Gov­ern­ment to en­sure the sell­ing price is more than the price of pro­duc­tion.

"Nestle is mak­ing a hor­ren­dous prof­it off farm­ers. They are pay­ing farm­ers lit­tle and are mak­ing a pound and a crown. This has to change."

Min­is­ter of Agri­cul­ture

In an email to the Busi­ness Guardian on Mon­day, Clarence Ramb­harat, Min­is­ter of Agri­cul­ture, said the coun­try has had a long re­la­tion­ship with Nestl� and has ben­e­fit­ted from its tech­ni­cal as­sis­tance.

How­ev­er, he said farm­ers are un­hap­py with the price while Nestle has said the price it pays to lo­cal farm­ers is among the high­est it pays any­where in the world.

He re­peat­ed the re­marks he made at an eco­nom­ic fo­rum at the Uni­ver­si­ty of the West In­dies (UWI), St Au­gus­tine in April.

"The dairy farm­ers have to make a de­ci­sion whether they will con­tin­ue to sell to Nestle or whether they will look for their own mar­kets, in­clud­ing val­ue added op­por­tu­ni­ties. It is a de­ci­sion that has to be made."

He added: "At the same time I made the point that the last ad­min­is­tra­tion im­port­ed two pas­teuri­sa­tion plants, one of which is al­ready in­stalled in Long­denville and the oth­er is ear­marked for Waller­field. These, if com­mis­sioned, may pro­vide farm­ers with op­tions, but the de­ci­sion on how these plants are to be used is a de­ci­sion the min­istry still has to make, af­ter dis­cus­sions with the dairy farm­ers."

Ide­al price

Dr Norell Lon­don, a dairy farmer and a re­tired pro­fes­sor of so­ci­ol­o­gy at the Uni­ver­si­ty of West­ern On­tario, be­lieves it is nec­es­sary to raise the price of milk famers sell to Nestle.

Lon­don has been in dairy farm­ing for over 40 years and sup­ports the views of the pres­i­dent of the Cat­tle Farm­ers' As­so­ci­a­tion that the price of milk needs to be raised.

"The in­puts are cost­ly. The feed, the chem­i­cals, labour and posts for fenc­ing are all ex­pen­sive. The Gov­ern­ment owns the posts and we have to pay them an ex­or­bi­tant price for the posts. One post costs $50 for a poor farmer," he told the Busi­ness Guardian last Fri­day by phone.

Lon­don, who owns 44 cows, has his farm in Waller­field. He said labour is al­so ex­pen­sive.

"I pay my three work­ers $5,000 month­ly for each. They have been with me for over 10 years."

He thinks that the "rea­son­able" price farm­ers should be sell­ing a kilo­gramme of milk for is $6.50.

"Many farm­ers are un­hap­py and are on­ly in the busi­ness be­cause they can­not do bet­ter. "

He said dairy farm­ing can be prof­itable but the Gov­ern­ment must con­sid­er the economies of scale and oth­er fac­tors.

"To sur­vive and make a de­cent liv­ing, a farmer needs to pro­duce about 300 kg dai­ly. That means a milk­ing herd of about 30. Then there is the spin off cost of feed right now," he said.

Hap­py cus­tomer

Lucy Tor­res, dairy farm own­er in Turere, San­gre Grande, spoke to the Busi­ness Guardian last Thurs­day.

She has 49 cows and sells milk dai­ly to Nestle and has been do­ing busi­ness with the com­pa­ny for 42 years.

She sells 120 kg of milk to Nestle dai­ly and she es­ti­mates it costs her about $2,500 month­ly to run her farm.

"I on­ly buy about 10 bags of feed from Nestle for the week," she said.

Un­like some oth­er farm­ers, she is hap­py with her re­la­tion­ship with Nestle.

"Some farm­ers might not want to say it but we are in a very good re­la­tion­ship. Nestle is a sure mar­ket and every day they take your milk. Every day the trucks come here."

She spoke about Nestle's ar­ti­fi­cial in­sem­i­na­tion (AI) pro­gramme.

"If you have a cow in heat, the per­son who works with Nestle will come and in­sem­i­nate the cow. They used to charge $100 for those who were not in the pro­gramme but for those in the pro­gramme, they cost would be $50. Be­cause of the change in the econ­o­my, Nestle gives you that free. To im­port the bull se­men from for­eign coun­tries is not cheap."

She con­sid­ers Nestle to be an im­por­tant part­ner of the dairy farm­ing com­mu­ni­ty.

"Nestle is not an en­e­my. You can tie a cow in the field to eat grass, but you can­not make it eat. Some of the farm­ers, all they want is more mon­ey. I do not have a prob­lem with Nestle," she said.

About Nestle

Nestle had pro­vid­ed in­for­ma­tion to the Busi­ness Guardian news­pa­per in March and, ac­cord­ing to that in­for­ma­tion, it be­gan milk pro­duc­tion in T&T in 1962.

Nestle al­so in­di­cat­ed they pro­vide sup­port to the coun­try's dairy farm­ers in the ar­eas of farmer train­ing and sem­i­nars.

There is a dairy de­vel­op­ment pro­gramme which aims to help dairy farm­ers de­vel­op sus­tain­able and prof­itable milk pro­duc­tion in a shared-val­ue re­la­tion­ship. This pro­gramme was ini­ti­at­ed on 22 farms with an av­er­age farm size of 22 cows in 2009 and con­tin­ues to­day.

There is al­so the for­age and feed project.

"The Mu­la­to Grass Project, ini­ti­at­ed in 2006, helped farm­ers es­tab­lish new pas­tures with this im­proved grass. A par­al­lel sup­ple­men­tal feed project–un­der­tak­en in part­ner­ship with Na­tion­al Feed Mills–es­tab­lished a 16 per cent dairy ra­tion specif­i­cal­ly for sup­pli­ers to Nestle's fac­to­ry. To­geth­er, these two projects have in­creased cow pro­duc­tiv­i­ty from 7.5kg/cow per day in 2010 to 10.3kg/cow per day in 2012, while sig­nif­i­cant­ly re­duc­ing the amount of feed used to pro­duce 100 kg of milk from 66 kg to 44 kg. The re­sult is di­rect on-farm sav­ings which have in­creased farm­ers' pro­duc­tiv­i­ty and prof­itabil­i­ty."

Nes­tle al­so re­ferred to the farm man­age­ment project.

"Nes­tle's agri­cul­tur­al ser­vices de­part­ment works close­ly with farm­ers to im­ple­ment im­proved farm man­age­ment tools and tech­niques. We help farm­ers with da­ta col­lec­tion, analy­sis and feed­back for short-and medi­um-term plan­ning. Farm­ers re­ceive a de­tailed month­ly re­port high­light­ing key per­for­mance in­di­ca­tors over a four-month pe­ri­od, which shows them the true prof­itabil­i­ty of their op­er­a­tions and high­lights high costs and in­ef­fi­cien­cies."

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 98d224a10b

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 6th, 2018, 3:44 pm

That company has no business taking our fresh milk and turning it into long shelf milk. This is absolutely ridiculous and they need to be stopped. Long shelf milk(UHT) and powdered milk can be easily imported cheaply for domestic consumption. Just look at Moo and Dairy Dairy. Both of these brands are imported and are price competitive when compared to Nestle's even after paying import expenses and taxes. This is beyond ridiculous.

Our milk should be sold fresh to end consumers and fresh milk should be readily available. They take a cheap commodity, dilute it and then try to sell it as a premium product. In the developed world, nestle doesn't sell "fresh" milk. They focus on chocolates, sweets and cereals etc. Why are they allowed to do this here. This is advantageous to our citizens.

The minister of agriculture seems clueless as to the true nature of that company in less developed nations. What sort of ignorant people do we have running our country?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 6th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Moo Milk FTW

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 6th, 2018, 4:41 pm

You guys must drink a daily glass of milk
The notion of “milk is good for you”
Has long been deemed unnecessary a long time ago
Yet generations insist on it making companies and 1% billionaires

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » November 6th, 2018, 4:55 pm

zorced wrote:I grew up drinking Nestle Milk like water, until I developed a nasal allergy to it in my teens. I honestly believe the Nestle on the shelf now doesn't taste anywhere close to what I used to have, it now has a watery powder milk taste. The allergy is one thing but the taste is the other. I used to rel drink supligen, chocnut and eggnog too but I couldn't even finish the last pack of Supligen I bought because of the taste. Idk if my allergy had anything to do with their formula change. I still looking around for something, experimenting with Moo these days because of their claims, but the alternatives in this thread would be next.
The change in taste has nothing to do with your allergies.
Less sugar altered the taste

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » November 6th, 2018, 5:01 pm

pugboy wrote:You guys must drink a daily glass of milk
The notion of “milk is good for you”
Has long been deemed unnecessary a long time ago
Yet generations insist on it making companies and 1% billionaires
Some people are just set in their ways. They have no idea how much sugar and fat milk contains. They even force it on their children thinking it would somehow make 'healthy teeth', yet still confused as why half their children teeth are rotten.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 6th, 2018, 5:15 pm

The nutritional benefits of milk is not the point of this discussion. The point of this discussion is whether a multinational is destroying our dairy industry and taking advantage of consumers.

Who send for alluh?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 6th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Exactly
If consumers spend blindly they must expect to get robbed

However I noticed nestle cheaper than moo now
Nestle used to be $14/lt
Until moo and others give them competition
And prices dropped to around $10-11

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 6th, 2018, 5:26 pm

pugboy wrote:Exactly
If consumers spend blindly they must expect to get robbed

However I noticed nestle cheaper than moo now
Nestle used to be $14/lt
Until moo and others give them competition
And prices dropped to around $10-11

Still too expensive. Remember Moo is imported so have to pay duties, shipping etc and still have to make a profit yet still competitive with Nestle that is made in country.

Nobody calling out Nestle.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 6th, 2018, 5:39 pm

I just did
They been charging $14 for donkey years

tardissubie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tardissubie » November 6th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Wake up people... It's a global trend with the dairy industry, farmers usually work at a loss. Considering how much moo can sell for even with importation, think of how little they buy from their farmers... Somebody has to get the shaft for the consumer to win in this age of disconnect. It sad that daily there are many things we consume that we have no idea how much it cost to produce. So it at the end of the day hard to feel like you buying something and everybody in the supply end happy.
Last edited by tardissubie on November 6th, 2018, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » November 6th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Anyone have any phone numbers for dairy farmers who sell in large quantities etc?
Last edited by Redress10 on November 6th, 2018, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 6th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Nestle have a "fresh" cows milk now....but still processed iirc....tastes same as others.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”