Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby Rovin » September 8th, 2022, 11:43 am

well if she did say that : then thats wrong & she shud apologize about it ...

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 8th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Rovin wrote:well if she did say that : then thats wrong & she shud apologize about it ...

Fully agree. But it tells you the depths we have reached.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » September 8th, 2022, 8:59 pm

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Rowley ever said allyuh C**lie MC?
I have never actually heard the word c**lie being used except by Guyanese.

Small islands use the word.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 8th, 2022, 9:28 pm

Didn't that word "c**lie" originated from the white man calling chinese slaves? Apparently Indians were the ones who adopted that discriminatory word as they were probably lumped in with all asians.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 8th, 2022, 9:59 pm

DMan7 wrote:Didn't that word "c**lie" originated from the white man calling chinese slaves? Apparently Indians were the ones who adopted that discriminatory word as they were probably lumped in with all asians.

from what I gather, the 'c' word isn't seen as offensive in India. It just refers to a line of work (somebody who carries bags for a living).

There is indeed a famous bollywood movie that got a remake recently called "C--lie #1" (actually a very good movie, the original more so). It is about a bag carrier that gets insulted by a rich man and then schemes to appear rich to marry the rich man's daughter. The bag carrier's occupation, the "c-word" is not treated as a slur or on its face offensive, and there are no white people in the movie.

It became a slur over here because of the way indians and indentured labourers were viewed and treated.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 8th, 2022, 10:15 pm

matix wrote:
timelapse wrote:

i get called a c**lie about 3 times a year by random people across sando

if you've never been called the c-word, you not interacting with much ground level people and/or in a predominantly indo area

people don't even use it as an insult. they just call indian people that.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 8th, 2022, 10:35 pm

paid_coolinfluencer

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 8th, 2022, 10:46 pm

I have never been called a c**lie.

I have chinese and indo in me so i get “yuh chinee mc” from time to time.

Calling ppl names is a thing of the past. We have so much others things to focus us.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 8th, 2022, 11:21 pm

name given by Europeans to hired native laborers employed in menial work in India and China, c. 1600, according to OED from Hindi quli "hired servant," probably from kuli, name of an aboriginal tribe or caste in Gujarat. The name was picked up by the Portuguese, who used it in southern India (where by coincidence kuli in Tamil meant "hire") and in China.

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=Indo Trini

trinituner has a censor so the url changed

The C**lie slave trade was just as bad as the African Atlantic link. In the East Indies it was unchecked and rampant for a long time, tales you have never read in the west which were just like the sufferings of the African Slave Trade. A lot of descendants of one race like to believe that their ancestors alone suffered the most brutal kidnappings and treatment by Colonial powers, but there is so much more if you actively look in history for it.

The exodus of Indians, voluntary or otherwise, to labour on British plantations under the indenture system, some heading East to Malaya and further to Fiji, others West through the Suez Canal (opened 1869) to the distant Caribbean, was a newer form of slavery, but it has not drawn the attention of researchers nor
inspired writers as much as the 'trade' in Africans has done

Sarvan, Charles, Indian Plantation ('C**lie') Experiences Overseas., Kunapipi, 22(2), 2000.
Available at:https://ro.uow.edu.au/kunapipi/vol22/iss2/

https://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2700&context=kunapipi

There are records of East Indians being kidnapped and sold into slavery in USA as early as 1622. By 1710 it was recorded that East Indian slaves outnumbered Native American Indians on Western Shore counties in America.

"In 18th century Chesapeake, South Asians stood out from sub-Saharan slaves both in culture and appearance. Since South Asians were a minority among the slave population, the community’s perception of their distinctiveness persisted for a longer period of time." And most surprisingly, Brown adds: "… there was a significant contingent of ‘East Indian’ slaves in the colonial Chesapeake."

The Virginia Gazette of Aug. 4, 1768, describes one young "East Indian" as "a well made fellow, about 5 feet 4 inches high" who had "a thin visage, a very sly look, and a remarkable set of fine white teeth." Another is identified as "an East India negro man" who speaks French and English.

On July 13, 1776, the Virginia Gazette reported the escape of a "Servant Man named John Newton, about 20 Years of Age, 5 feet 5 or 6 Inches high, slender made, is an Asiatic Indian by Birth, has been about twelve Months in Virginia, but lived ten Years (as he says) in England, in the Service of Sir Charles Whitworth.

https://indiacurrents.com/indian-slaves-in-colonial-america/

America had to pass the Anti-C**lie Trade Act in 1862 to prohibit the Confederate States from acquiring a new source of slave labour during the Civil War, which gave the US Navy power to stop the C**lie slave trade ships to America in the far East.

Much more research has to be done, and to change the impression that most people have about the "indentured" form of the slave trade in the 19th century, which is shown to have existed almost a century before the African Atlantic Slave Trade became the dominant profit scheme to the West for labour.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2022, 1:33 pm

Totally unacceptable, BUT you have to show me where those manufactured outrage councillors were similarly upset at Calcutta Ship, and murky lagoon to not feel that it's just LFD RFD PNM politics at play.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 9th, 2022, 2:13 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
matix wrote:
timelapse wrote:

i get called a c**lie about 3 times a year by random people across sando

if you've never been called the c-word, you not interacting with much ground level people and/or in a predominantly indo area

people don't even use it as an insult. they just call indian people that.
Quite a weird situation in my case I am around a lot of non-indos or mixed folks.I get called an ole dutty n***a regularly.Something about how I only buy one coke for myself when I go to the shop, and things like that.I have grown to accept the title.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2022, 2:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:Totally unacceptable, BUT you have to show me where those manufactured outrage councillors were similarly upset at Calcutta Ship, and murky lagoon to not feel that it's just LFD RFD PNM politics at play.

Doh beat up, a woman who was arguing with my buddy btw :roll: told me "yuh feel because yuh have ah lil bit ah colour, yuh cyah dead?" when I laughed at something he said :lol: :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 9th, 2022, 8:30 pm

It was abhorrently wrong, and so much worse that a politician said that.
But remember I said that it merely depends on the party whether it becomes "acceptable." In other cases there was not much fuss to do about it.

See examples below:

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/duke-sorry-for-nword-not-stepping-down-month-end-6.2.984705.1d6d5a28ed

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/pm-n-word-use-unfortunate-analysts-6.2.671604.b11f1abe34

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 16th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Chead moved

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 16th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Blessed evening Zoom

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 21st, 2022, 8:25 am

Licensed firearms dealer joins UNC MP on fraud charges

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/09/21/licens ... E.whatsapp

mero

Postby mero » September 21st, 2022, 8:48 am

Too many Urkles on this team, that why their Winslow.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 21st, 2022, 9:12 am

mero wrote:Too many Urkles on this team, that why their Winslow.
Too many Cosbies on the other team, thats why ... nevermind

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 21st, 2022, 9:58 am

timelapse wrote:
More like Catholic priest

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 21st, 2022, 12:03 pm

Kickstart wrote:
timelapse wrote:
More like Catholic priest
From putting hope in your soul to putting soap in your hole.Them priests squeaky clean

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 5th, 2022, 6:25 am

Angostura: It was our party at Mille Fleurs, not PM's

JENSEN LA VENDE 13 HRS AGO[https://newsday]Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and wife, Sharon, with specially-invited guests at the closing ceremony of PatriARTism. Photo by Roger Jacob

THE "lavish" party which the Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar accused the Prime Minister of throwing on Saturday was actually the closing-off of a month-long celebration by Angostura.

The company, in a media release, clarified that the event was not state-sponsored but a private celebration where Dr Rowley was an invited guest.

On Saturday, Rowley was the feature speaker at the closing ceremony for the five-week Patriartism exhibition at Mille Fleurs. The exhibition, which began on August 25 and ended on September 30, featured the private art collections of First Citizens Bank, Central Bank and Angostura, which were on show at Castle Killarney (Stollmeyer’s Castle), Whitehall and Mille Fleurs.

Angostura’s participation was to celebrate the country’s diamond jubilee Independence celebration.

In a media release on Monday, Persad-Bissessar accused the Prime Minister of “disrespecting” citizens by throwing a party “for himself and his wealthy friends, paid for by taxpayers.”

The Opposition Leader said the event ignored the suffering of the poor and working class, and chastised not just Rowley but three ministers – Marvin Gonzales, Shamfa Cudjoe and Brian Manning – and MP Keith Scotland. She claimed they were out of touch with reality, judging from their comments in response to criticisms of the budget.

She said: “It was a most evil act of incitement against citizens, reminiscent of the behaviour of detached tyrants and dictators. This latest provocation comes on the heels of statements from PNM ministers scolding the population.”

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 5th, 2022, 6:41 am

wing wrote:Angostura: It was our party at Mille Fleurs, not PM's

JENSEN LA VENDE 13 HRS AGO[https://newsday]Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley and wife, Sharon, with specially-invited guests at the closing ceremony of PatriARTism. Photo by Roger Jacob

THE "lavish" party which the Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar accused the Prime Minister of throwing on Saturday was actually the closing-off of a month-long celebration by Angostura.

The company, in a media release, clarified that the event was not state-sponsored but a private celebration where Dr Rowley was an invited guest.

On Saturday, Rowley was the feature speaker at the closing ceremony for the five-week Patriartism exhibition at Mille Fleurs. The exhibition, which began on August 25 and ended on September 30, featured the private art collections of First Citizens Bank, Central Bank and Angostura, which were on show at Castle Killarney (Stollmeyer’s Castle), Whitehall and Mille Fleurs.

Angostura’s participation was to celebrate the country’s diamond jubilee Independence celebration.

In a media release on Monday, Persad-Bissessar accused the Prime Minister of “disrespecting” citizens by throwing a party “for himself and his wealthy friends, paid for by taxpayers.”

The Opposition Leader said the event ignored the suffering of the poor and working class, and chastised not just Rowley but three ministers – Marvin Gonzales, Shamfa Cudjoe and Brian Manning – and MP Keith Scotland. She claimed they were out of touch with reality, judging from their comments in response to criticisms of the budget.

She said: “It was a most evil act of incitement against citizens, reminiscent of the behaviour of detached tyrants and dictators. This latest provocation comes on the heels of statements from PNM ministers scolding the population.”
Still poor taste not every invitation should be accepted, he wining and dining while the majority of the country feeling the pinch and he sees no problem with that. Animal farm live and direct.The pigs were overthrown when the time came. Even the longest rope had an end

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 5th, 2022, 6:49 am

So who de France owns Angostura at this time?

Not the government?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 5th, 2022, 6:56 am

bluefete wrote:So who de France owns Angostura at this time?

Not the government?
Since clico is no more then yes
Screenshot_20221005_065239.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 5th, 2022, 1:33 pm

SADDAM CALLS ON GOVERNMENT TO GIVE YOUNG PEOPLE A CHANCE!

MP Hosein lamented issues such as youth with degrees and no jobs, affordable housing for young persons and the effects of increasing retirement age on qualified young people.

#BaratariaSanJuan
#SaddamForTheYOUTH
#SaddamForThePeople

https://fb.watch/fZuj6D0NOb/

Put SADDAM as leader of the UNC

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 5th, 2022, 1:39 pm

Naaaah

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 5th, 2022, 1:43 pm

hover11 wrote:SADDAM CALLS ON GOVERNMENT TO GIVE YOUNG PEOPLE A CHANCE!

MP Hosein lamented issues such as youth with degrees and no jobs, affordable housing for young persons and the effects of increasing retirement age on qualified young people.

#BaratariaSanJuan
#SaddamForTheYOUTH
#SaddamForThePeople

https://fb.watch/fZuj6D0NOb/

Put SADDAM as leader of the UNC
Correct

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 5th, 2022, 1:47 pm

If he is leader PNM don't stand a ghost of a chance, he is young , has vision and thinks about the people.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 5th, 2022, 3:55 pm

put anybody as leader\s besides kamla & d setta ole ass fossils who around for d past 20+ yrs ...

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 5th, 2022, 4:06 pm

Doesn't matter who is leader of the UNC, it's still going to be PNM 2025. Hard luck they fellas.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”