UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby hover11 » August 17th, 2022, 10:36 am

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:You know what I dont get ppl bashing the UNC, but look around, allya could really handle another EIGHT years of PNM? Think long and hard before you answer....
Nobody in their right mind wants any more PNM. It says a lot about the UNC that people still considering voting PNM, and I am not referring to the die hard supporters, hence the bashing. If you fail to see why the UNC isn't considered not even the lesser evil, then u need to think long and hard...
No...

When you doing something it have to make sense.UNC not important at this time let's deal with the burden at hand.You voting for PNM then complaining, you seeing the country falling apart under their governance yet still voting for them, you seeing they going to implement property tax while impsbert who now building his fancy condos in town put in place that he will be exempted. While poor ppl have to pay. Public servants have no increase to get yet we want services such as electricity 24/7 while workers on the same pay for a decade. Yet we still going to vote PNM. Make it make sense. Well whatever we get from 2025 onwards, we deserve.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 17th, 2022, 10:48 am

hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:You know what I dont get ppl bashing the UNC, but look around, allya could really handle another EIGHT years of PNM? Think long and hard before you answer....
Nobody in their right mind wants any more PNM. It says a lot about the UNC that people still considering voting PNM, and I am not referring to the die hard supporters, hence the bashing. If you fail to see why the UNC isn't considered not even the lesser evil, then u need to think long and hard...
No...

When you doing something it have to make sense.UNC not important at this time let's deal with the burden at hand.You voting for PNM then complaining, you seeing the country falling apart under their governance yet still voting for them, you seeing they going to implement property tax while impsbert who now building his fancy condos in town put in place that he will be exempted. While poor ppl have to pay. Public servants have no increase to get yet we want services such as electricity 24/7 while workers on the same pay for a decade. Yet we still going to vote PNM. Make it make sense. Well whatever we get from 2025 onwards, we deserve.
Anyone with an iota of sense knows what the solution is to get rid of the PNM. You say UNC not important, but they are our best hope right now, except for a few rotten eggs who don't want to let go of power, privilege and both a prime minister pension and opposition leader salary.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 17th, 2022, 12:51 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
No...

Anyone with an iota of sense knows what the solution is to get rid of the PNM. You say UNC not important, but they are our best hope right now, except for a few rotten eggs who don't want to let go of power, privilege and both a prime minister pension and opposition leader salary.
First thing I have seen you say that I can agree with.The old fogeys could stay in the party as consultants, advisors ,etc.But oh gosh man give up.
You have to know when to hold em,fold em,walk away or run.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 28th, 2022, 10:52 am

Trinidad and Tobago Newsday
News Latest Sports

NEWS
Law Association reports 'Skippy' to police
DARREN BAHAW 7 HRS AGO
The Law Association has asked the police to look into the academic qualifications when Thomas submitted to be admitted to practise as a lawyer.
The Law Association has asked the police to look into the academic qualifications when Thomas submitted to be admitted to practise as a lawyer.
The Law Association of TT (LATT) has filed a criminal complaint against Opposition activist and radio talk-show host Junior Barrington "Skippy" Thomas. It is calling on the police to investigate what it says are bogus academic qualifications which Thomas submitted to be admitted to practise as a lawyer.

The complaint, dated August 19, a copy of which has been obtained by Sunday Newsday, was delivered to acting Commissioner of Police McDonald Jacob and sets out a series of events between April 13 and May 19, detailing LATT's attempts to verify a diploma Thomas submitted from a purported UK university.

On April 13, Thomas, 47, applied for a certificate of fitness from LATT, which is needed for admission to the roll of attorneys "duly qualified to practise law" in TT.

As part of that process, for people who obtain law degrees in the UK, LATT must get proof that the applicant has passed the legal practice course at an institution validated by the Law Society of England and Wales.

According to the complaint, Thomas submitted a postgraduate diploma in professional legal practice from Colston University dated June 16, 2016.

Questions were raised during the verification process and LATT sought a legal opinion on the matter.

Then, on May 13, LATT was notified by e-mail by an assistant registrar of the Supreme Court that Thomas was seeking to be admitted to practise law in TT via a petition to the High Court without a certificate of fitness, and the matter had been listed to be heard that same day before Justice Joseph Tam and Sharon Gibson.

LATT president Sophia Chote, SC, and Kavita Roop Boodoo, a legal officer of the association, attended that hearing and the matter was adjourned to allow the association to complete its investigation into Thomas's qualifications.

During the investigatory process to verify the authenticity of the diploma from Colston University, the association made enquiries of the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the UK, which provides a listing of all institutions authorised to provide legal practice certificates.

According to the complaint, "The LATT caused an examination of its own records to determine if any previous applicant had submitted a legal practicing certificate issued by Colston University but found none. Further enquiries were then made to the Department of Education in the United Kingdom, the Office of Students and a degree verification website service "Prospect Hedd" but the LATT was still unable to verify that Colston University was a duly registered institution or that it was authorised to issue the legal practice certificate."

According to the complaint, on May 19, the association contacted the president of the Law Society of England and Wales and received a response on May 27 from Richard Jones, the engagement manager (Wales) of the Law Society which supported its position.

LATT said the Colston University Twitter page @ColstonUniversity1 "appears on the face of it to be a made-up institution and photographs used on the Twitter page are stock photographs. The Twitter account refers to coronavirus information issued by the Welsh government while Colston University purports to be based in London.

Jones said in his opinion "having been a qualified document examiner with the UK Home Office, that the certificates that was provided by the LATT, (albeit a low resolution black and white scan) does appear to be a counterfeit."

A google search for Colston University is directed to a Twitter account, opened in February 2021, with an image of two buildings and a coat of arms dated 1998. It states "Welcome to Colston University official Twitter profile. Follow to keep up-to-date with what's new with us."

Law Association of TT president Sophia Chote, SC, attended a hearing at the High Court on Junior Barrington Thomas's petition to be admitted to practise in TT without a certificate of fitness. File photo/Jeff K Mayers
A Google search on the London address on the Twitter account – 182-184 High Street, London, – appears to be a service address and not a university campus. Colston University joined in February 2021 with just 221 followers. The last tweet was dated April 13, 2021.

On its Facebook page, Colston University on May 7, 2021 says:

"Do you want to obtain University Degree from UK? By clicking on the url, a message says the domain "may be for sale."

A post pinned to the link states Buy University Degree with an accompanying website buybritishdegree.com but after clicking the link a message states "This page doesn't seem to exist."

The social media site describes Colston University – https://colstonuniversity.co.uk – as "a world leader in modern distance learning edu."

In a March 6, 2021 post, the university makes reference to spring semester unlike term as other UK universities use. There are no earlier posts than March 6, 2021.

Sunday Newsday learned that in light of the findings, LATT submitted an affidavit detailing its efforts to verify the authenticity of Thomas's diploma in response
to the petition he filed seeking admission to practise in TT. The court subsequently dismissed the application, even though Thomas's lawyer tried to withdraw the matter.

LATT, through its secretary Bijili Lalla, called on the acting CoP to investigate to determine whether any criminal charges arose and submitted all the supporting documents it had gathered during its own probe.

Contacted for comment via his mobile phone on August 25, Thomas said: "This is the first time I am hearing about those issues, and until I am properly advised on those issues, I have no deficit of lawyers, and we will respond appropriately and if anything is written that is not substantiated properly or is libellous of course the courthouse is there to deal with those issues."

Asked if he had applied for a certificate of fitness, Thomas said he had already given his comments on the matter and repeated his previous comment. He said when he is informed about it officially, not by a journalist, he will treat with it at that time.

He later said the allegations were "baseless" and the questions posed to him "were laced with misinformation."

Thomas said LATT was "inviting me back into the arena after taking a conscious decision to stay away and remain quiet.

"After I speak to the police, if they come to me, the police will be a very busy organisation concerning the Law Association."

He claimed the association "never told me what the issues were. This is the first time I am hearing it from a reporter. He who alleges must prove and I am not worried the least about that.

"And the battle will only last until the last man is standing,"

Thomas said he had filed a complaint on June 8, as a civic-minded citizen and not on behalf of the UNC or its political leader, seeking an investigation into Attorney General Reginald Armour, SC, over his role in a US multi-million-dollar civil-forfeiture lawsuit against people charged in the Piarco Airport corruption case.

In May, a US judge in a Miami court disqualified Armour and the US law firm hired to represent TT in the case because of Armour's previous role as a defence lawyer for former government minister Brian Kuei Tung, one of those accused in the Miami case.

Jacob on August 26 said he had received the complaint from LATT and that it had been forwarded to acting deputy commissioner Wendell Williams for action.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 28th, 2022, 11:47 am

what skippy have to do with the unc tho

i eh listen talk radio since they kill out gladiator

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 28th, 2022, 12:09 pm

paid_influencer wrote:what skippy have to do with the unc tho

The article indicates that he is an opposition activist.
"The Law Association of TT (LATT) has filed a criminal complaint against Opposition activist and radio talk-show host Junior Barrington "Skippy" Thomas."

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 28th, 2022, 12:42 pm

am i also an opposition activist

i support pea

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 28th, 2022, 12:46 pm

So you don't know that unc in power right now? Kamla is Prime Minister and Skippy is AG

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 28th, 2022, 12:49 pm

paid_influencer wrote:am i also an opposition activist

i support pea

Opposition in terms of who is in opposition in Parliament.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 28th, 2022, 2:30 pm

wing wrote:

"The Law Association of TT (LATT) has filed a criminal complaint against Opposition activist and radio talk-show host Junior Barrington "Skippy" Thomas."
That still don't say what Skippy have to do unc. Skippy is not minster of Nat security nor is he PM. We have a serious crime and forex problem and you post this crap

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 28th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

That still don't say what Skippy have to do unc. Skippy is not minster of Nat security nor is he PM. We have a serious crime and forex problem and you post this crap
Your concerns should be aired in the PNM thread.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 28th, 2022, 3:07 pm

Good afternoon zoom rader/kickstart

Jah bless.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 28th, 2022, 3:40 pm

wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

What's ur point in posting Skippy much to do to about nothing stories?

Best u post about douglar politics latest hoe stories

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 28th, 2022, 4:40 pm

Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

You seem to be very triggered by reading the article. Politicians across both major parties are rotten to the core and just because an opposition affiliated individual got caught in corruption is no reason for the beat up. It's all part of politics in this country. As you said, let's focus on the issues and let this one fade away just like all the others....

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 28th, 2022, 4:53 pm

wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

You seem to be very triggered by reading the article. Politicians across both major parties are rotten to the core and just because an opposition affiliated individual got caught in corruption is no reason for the beat up. It's all part of politics in this country. As you said, let's focus on the issues and let this one fade away just like all the others....
Your post are pro PNM , no way u are neutral and you are very much a PNM

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 29th, 2022, 6:54 am

Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

Calm down zoom. If he is pro PNM what is wrong with that ? You are anti PNM and that’s ok. Take a deep breath

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 29th, 2022, 7:51 am

Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

Yawn... another asinine statement from a simpleton.

mero

Postby mero » August 29th, 2022, 9:36 am

Odd how tuners like and respect the name zoom raider more than zoom himself.

Why no one like or respect Kickstart? This must hurt alot

May the legend of zoom live on yes

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » August 29th, 2022, 12:09 pm

wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
wing wrote:

Yawn... another asinine statement from a simpleton.
Why post Skippy details here?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 29th, 2022, 3:55 pm

mero wrote:Odd how tuners like and respect the name zoom raider more than zoom himself.

Why no one like or respect Kickstart? This must hurt alot

May the legend of zoom live on yes

Kickstarter is Zoom with a muzzle.

if allyuh PNM so brave, take off the muzzle. I want to see the black power logo again. show it to we

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » August 29th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Vasant join the pnm the pnm General council or he in a party group?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 7th, 2022, 8:19 am

UNC alderman under fire for racist rant at meeting
Uproar over N-word
by

Otto Carrington
20 hours ago
Tue Sep 06 2022

UNC alderman Susan Holder.

A screen grab of Valencia West councillor Simone Gill and Toco/Valencia East councillor Terry Rondon speaking during an interview with CNC3 on the issue involving alderman Susan Holder.

Otto Carrington

The Sangre Grande Regional Corporation is now embroiled in controversy over racially charged remarks made by United National Congress Alderman Susan Holder during a statutory meeting last week.

The statement Holder made during her presentation was recorded, a copy of which was obtained by Guardian Media.

In the audio, Holder is heard saying, “And I observed the PNM members of council, when they don’t have their way, they decide to get on like some idiots in here, Mr Chairman, I heard the CEO say today about all yuh behaviour, why when the PNM members of the council conducting themselves in a disgraceful, distasteful and old ni$%a, gutter rat type of way, they don’t come out and tell them these things. We are only standing up for what is right chairman.”

Corporation chairman Anil Juteram is then heard cautioning Holder.

Other councillors are then heard in the background cheering on the alderman, then PNM councillor Simone Gill is heard asking Holder to repeat or clarify her statement so that it would be on the record.

Holder continued, “I ain’t call nobody name, they can say what they want and I can say what I want to if the lawsuit come, I am taking that too and I know how to do that too, I good at that, me ain’t afraid of none of them. “I noticed the conduct of PNM members of council and I ain’t go tolerate none of that from none of them, they go be surprise in here the next day they mash meh corn, they would be in for surprises so prepare for it. Kamla Persad-Bissessar came here as a Prime Minister and the performance of that woman and in five years what that woman do what the PNM did for 15 years.”

Chairman Juteram yesterday confirmed the racially charged language was used by Holder, noting he did not condone it.

“Those types of comments made from what side of the political divide, as an individual, I am not in support of those types of comments,” he said.

“I am a proud Trinbagonian and I stand with every creed and race find an equal place and those types of comments are inhumane, very insensitive and callous in terms of when we live in a polarised society and we should not try to describe individuals with any derogatory names attached to them and it leaves a lot to be desired for the younger ones to come into the political arena and it leaves a lot to what type of culture we are trying to showcase and those comments are unbecoming and it is worse than third world behaviour.”

In a telephone interview yesterday, Holder confirmed she made the statement and even used it again during the interview.

“We had a misunderstanding with a proposal that I brought to the council table and the PNM members of council carry on themselves in a distasteful manner, so during my contribution to the statutory meeting, I spoke about the behaviour of PNM members of council, that their conduct is very classless, very distasteful and they conduct themselves in an old ni@%$ manner, that is what I said. I did not call anyone of them an old ni@%$, I said that they conduct themselves in an old ni@%$ manner,” she said.

Asked whether the word she used was inappropriate for the council, she said, “Some people may think that, but that is a term being used when you conduct yourself in a classless manner.”

On whether she would retract her statements, Holder said, “I will have to think about it because anytime I would have to retract my statement, there are statements that the PNM councillors use during the finance meeting that they would have to retract.”

PNM wants her removed by Kamla

Toco/Valencia East councillor Terry Rondon yesterday called on the United National Congress leadership to remove Holder from the council.

“I am touched in a bad way by the remarks made by Alderman Susan Holder at that meeting and I am calling for her immediate removal, Rondon told Guardian Media.

“I cannot sit down in a council and watch someone who is talking down to people making people uncomfortable and her comments offended persons of colour at the meeting and to make matters worse, there were other UNC councillors clapping and laughing when the statement was made. That is not nice and I am calling that Mrs Kamla Bissessar and the UNC do something now about Susan Holder.”

The PNM councillors also said chairman Juteram did not do enough at the meeting.

Valencia West councillor Simone Gill said, “We are also asking for something to be done about the fact that the chairman of the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation, Anil Juteram, executed an inept and inadequate attempt to caution the alderman when at his disposal, he could have asked her to withdraw or to leave the chamber, or to cease and desist from her statement, or to have her seat or even to call the contribution to an end and he refused blatantly when it was brought to his attention that members were questioning the statement that was said. We ask the chairman to hold her to account for what she said and his response was I cautioned her and that is not a valid answer or response to that racially charged and disgraceful statement that was made and it is not something that we accept at the Sangre Grande Regional Corporation.”

The PNM councillors are carded to raise a motion to remove Holder from committees at the next statutory meeting.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 7th, 2022, 8:27 am

She used the inside voice on the outside. Despite your racial identity Ms. Holder, you're in the wrong party to say those words.

If Rowley was your leader instead you would be widely applauded on facebook, since he himself speaks candidly like that at his cult red banner meetings.

https://guardian.co.tt/news/unc-alderman-under-fire-for-racist-rant-at-meeting-6.2.1542469.fe3041e035

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 7th, 2022, 10:25 am

UNC yet again.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 7th, 2022, 10:27 am

Isn't Hinds blatantly racist as well? Two wrongs don't make a right however , the PNM is in no form or fashion pure and untainted.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 7th, 2022, 10:39 am

wing wrote: “And I observed the PNM members of council, when they don’t have their way, they decide to get on like some idiots in here, Mr Chairman, I heard the CEO say today about all yuh behaviour, why when the PNM members of the council conducting themselves in a disgraceful, distasteful and old ni$%a, gutter rat type of way, they don’t come out and tell them these things. We are only standing up for what is right chairman.”

“I ain’t call nobody name, they can say what they want and I can say what I want to if the lawsuit come, I am taking that too and I know how to do that too, I good at that, me ain’t afraid of none of them. “I noticed the conduct of PNM members of council and I ain’t go tolerate none of that from none of them, they go be surprise in here the next day they mash meh corn, they would be in for surprises so prepare for it. Kamla Persad-Bissessar came here as a Prime Minister and the performance of that woman and in five years what that woman do what the PNM did for 15 years.”

Holder should not have made that statement. That being said, she was truthful because we all know that pnm behavior she speaks about.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 7th, 2022, 11:55 am

The_Honourable wrote:
wing wrote: “And I observed the PNM members of council, when they don’t have their way, they decide to get on like some idiots in here, Mr Chairman, I heard the CEO say today about all yuh behaviour, why when the PNM members of the council conducting themselves in a disgraceful, distasteful and old ni$%a, gutter rat type of way, they don’t come out and tell them these things. We are only standing up for what is right chairman.”

“I ain’t call nobody name, they can say what they want and I can say what I want to if the lawsuit come, I am taking that too and I know how to do that too, I good at that, me ain’t afraid of none of them. “I noticed the conduct of PNM members of council and I ain’t go tolerate none of that from none of them, they go be surprise in here the next day they mash meh corn, they would be in for surprises so prepare for it. Kamla Persad-Bissessar came here as a Prime Minister and the performance of that woman and in five years what that woman do what the PNM did for 15 years.”

Holder should not have made that statement. That being said, she was truthful because we all know that pnm behavior she speaks about.
The truth makes difficult listening sometimes.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 7th, 2022, 10:22 pm

wing wrote: UNC alderman under fire for racist rant at meeting
Uproar over N-word

In the audio, Holder is heard saying, “And I observed the PNM members of council, when they don’t have their way, they decide to get on like some idiots in here, Mr Chairman, I heard the CEO say today about all yuh behaviour, why when the PNM members of the council conducting themselves in a disgraceful, distasteful and old ni$%a, gutter rat type of way, they don’t come out and tell them these things. We are only standing up for what is right chairman.”

In a telephone interview yesterday, Holder confirmed she made the statement and even used it again during the interview.

“We had a misunderstanding with a proposal that I brought to the council table and the PNM members of council carry on themselves in a distasteful manner, so during my contribution to the statutory meeting, I spoke about the behaviour of PNM members of council, that their conduct is very classless, very distasteful and they conduct themselves in an old ni@%$ manner, that is what I said. I did not call anyone of them an old ni@%$, I said that they conduct themselves in an old ni@%$ manner,” she said.

Asked whether the word she used was inappropriate for the council, she said, “Some people may think that, but that is a term being used when you conduct yourself in a classless manner.”

so I late on this, but this is unacceptable. If persons are conducting themselves in a classless manner -- use those words. Say classless, rude, uncooperative, whatever you think is descriptive. Break out a dictionary. There are plenty of appropriate words in there that are not associated with a racial stereotype.

Same with describing black and brown people akin to animals, like "gutter rat," hoggish, stink, dutty, etc. Black and brown skin has historically been maligned as "dirty" and "unclean," and black and brown people described as less than human and more animal.

When we islanders use those terms, we are perpetuating the hatred of our own people. We islanders have lovingly accepted those terms into our island lexicon without care to the effect of those terms or the history behind them.

Island people, Wake up.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 8th, 2022, 1:50 am

Rowley ever said allyuh C**lie MC?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 8th, 2022, 7:13 am

MaxPower wrote:Rowley ever said allyuh C**lie MC?
I have never actually heard the word c**lie being used except by Guyanese.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”