Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby paid_influencer » June 7th, 2022, 8:23 pm

no new content from Fuad Khan so far. I think he away tho.

Last video:

see, watch that video, and don't tell me he isn't the best man for the job. I think he reach a point where he so greasy and charismatic, nothing the PNM can throw at him will stick. He is the country's best hope right now.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 7th, 2022, 8:29 pm

When is Fuad first rally? He should have it in the savannah and rent some buses to accommodate his thousands and thousands of supporters :lol:

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 7th, 2022, 9:03 pm

Vasant was a decent candidate, but she dragged him last rounds.
Fuad as a PM candidate? Not seeing it nah.

Unfortunately, she not moving, and by extension neither is the PNM.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 7th, 2022, 9:21 pm

If KPB wins this internal elections then so does PNM win the general elections in 2025. Like I've said before KPB never won an election it was novelty of having a coalition party for the first time ever in T&T that swayed people to vote for her and the People's Partnership in hopes of something "new and different".

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 7th, 2022, 9:50 pm

MaxPower wrote:Kamla must go.

Give me a reason to change my PNM 2025 vote.
Rowley being replaced by short man?

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » June 7th, 2022, 10:05 pm

timelapse wrote:

The front of the PNM has to 'look correct' to remind people that massa day done. Hard luck ferris al wheelie, shortman and goebells.

Could be Brian Manning but he need to wait until 2030 for it to make sense from a tenure standpoint.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 8th, 2022, 2:43 am

ProtonPowder wrote:
timelapse wrote:

The front of the PNM has to 'look correct' to remind people that massa day done. Hard luck ferris al wheelie, shortman and goebells.

Could be Brian Manning but he need to wait until 2030 for it to make sense from a tenure standpoint.

He marrid ah Indo, so he lorse points dey.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » June 8th, 2022, 7:13 am

Maybe opposition politics is the place to be, less stress, less scrutiny, lesser pay but still could pay bills and same parliamentary perks.

The current situation only brings me to that conclusion

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » June 8th, 2022, 11:19 am

greggle71 wrote:Maybe opposition politics is the place to be, less stress, less scrutiny, lesser pay but still could pay bills and same parliamentary perks.

The current situation only brings me to that conclusion

Eat ah food at higher levels. They are just lazy public servants dressed nice with big perks

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 19th, 2022, 10:42 pm

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 20th, 2022, 12:01 am

Fuad cah even pack a standard one classroom with supporters

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 22nd, 2022, 5:29 pm

INCUMBENT UNC political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her Star Team will sweep the party's internal elections on June 26.

Interest in the election is low.

Despite growing and widespread disenchanment with the PNM, Persad-Bissessar and her slate do not help the electorate view the UNC as an alternative government to the PNM.

These were some of the findings of a North American Caribbean Teachers Association (NACTA) opinion survey on the UNC's internal elections that was released on Wednesday.

Only three positions – political leader, elections officer and party organiser – are being contested on June 26.

Persad-Bissessar is being challenged by former UNC MP Dr Fuad Khan for the party's leadership, which she won on January 24, 2010. She retained that post in two subsequent elections in 2015 and 2020.

Former MPs Ramona Ramdial and Dr Glenn Ramdharsingh are challenging Don Sylvester and Couva North MP Ravi Ratiram (both on the Star Team) for the respective posts of elections officer and party organiser.

Khan, Ramdial and Ramadharsingh are contesting their posts as independents. None of them have a slate as Persad-Bissessar does. Khan is campaiging for a dual leadership system with him as political leader while Persad-Bissessar would remain opposition leader.

NACTA said, "Kamla remains very popular among loyalist members and will win re-election by a landslide; she has long coattails that will take her team to victory."

There are 17 other posts up for grabs on June 26, including deputy political leader and chairman. All of these posts are being contested unopposed by members of Persad-Bissessar's slate. Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal is contesting one of three deputy political leader posts. Oropouche West MP Dave Tancoo is standing for re-election as UNC chairman.

Against this background, NACTA said, "(UNC) members and supporters of the UNC and the public at large say it is a virtual no-contest."

While Khan, Ramdial and Ramdharsingh have been publicly praised for their courage in standing up against the status quo in the UNC, NACTA predicted, "They are expected to fall way short of even coming close to defeating the incumbents."

But some UNC members and supporters believed that if Persad-Bissessar was not standing for re-election as party leader, several of the candidates on the Star Team would have faced challengers and faced certain defeat.

NACTA said, "There is public rebuke of several members of the Star Team who are most unpopular among voters."

The survey, NACTA continued, indicates that many UNC members, supporters and swing voters are displeased with the composition of Persad-Bissessar's slate, which does not present the UNC "as a viable alternative government in the waiting to replace the ruling PNM."

Concerns have also been raised by UNC members and supporters about the fairness of the elections. Khan and Ramdial have publicly complained about their inability to access the party membership list.

On June 6, Tancoo rejected Khan's claims that the party's internal elections on December 6, 2020 were rigged.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 22nd, 2022, 7:00 pm

lol, three UNC elections and nobody except Kamla have the membership list

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 22nd, 2022, 7:17 pm

paid_influencer wrote:lol, three UNC elections and nobody except Kamla have the membership list

Why anyone need the membership list. If people want to vote for you, they will vote for you. You don't a list for people to vote for you

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » June 22nd, 2022, 7:34 pm

Will the ones who didn't vote for the winner eventually get low key victimized by the said winner?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 23rd, 2022, 9:14 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:lol, three UNC elections and nobody except Kamla have the membership list

Why anyone need the membership list. If people want to vote for you, they will vote for you. You don't a list for people to vote for you

Votes apparently are certified by this list. :lol:
Iz like dem family members who does fight over a death certificate :lol: :lol:

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 24th, 2022, 8:51 am

Keith Mitchell’s decision to call early election backfires
NDC takes over power in Grenada
by

21 hours ago
Thu Jun 23 2022

National Democratic Congress leader Dickon Mitchell during the recent campaign for the Grenada elections. Mitchell unseated Dr Keith Mitchell’s New National Party 9-6, according to preliminary results.

DICKON MITCHELL/ FACEBOOK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Powered by
ST GEORGE’S, Grenada - National Democratic Congress leader Dickon Mitchell yesterday unseated Dr Keith Mitchell’s New National Party (NNP) to become Grenada’s Prime Minister-designate.

According to preliminary results, Mitchell’s NDC won yesterday’s general elections by taking nine of the 15 seats.

Mitchell, a 44-year-old attorney who only took over the opposition party in October last year, defeated Foreign Affairs Minister Oliver Joseph by 4,414 to 2,742 votes in the St David constituency and is expected to be sworn in as the new prime minister of Grenada today.

In a message posted on its website, the NDC said congratulated the voting public for placing confidence in them to take the country forward.

“We are overwhelmed with gratitude and stand humbled before the Lord our God and you, the people of Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique,” the NDC, which had lost the last two elections 15-0, said.

“Thank you from the bottom of each and every one of our hearts. This victory is not ours, but yours. Now, the hard work begins, but, first, join us at La Sagesse Playing Field for a special victory celebration. Together, we are moving Grenada FORWARD,” the NDC added.

Dr Mitchell, who called the election ahead of the constitutional March 2023 deadline, polled 2,211 votes to easily defeat the NDC’s Jonathan LaCrette (773) in comfortably retaking his St George North West seat.

Several government ministers, including Finance Minister Gregory Bowen, Minister of Legal Affairs Kindra Mathurin-Stewart, Minister with responsibility for Forestry and Fisheries Alvin Da Breo, Minister for Infrastructure Development Nolan Cox and Minister for Information and Communications Technology Pamela Moses, all lost their seats. (CMC)

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 24th, 2022, 8:53 am

New leadership working

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 24th, 2022, 11:20 am

nacta eh telling we anything new that we already didnt know

why post grenada binis here in a unc thread though , what happens in others places doesnt influence what will happen here ... :|

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 24th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Rovin wrote:nacta eh telling we anything new that we already didnt know

why post grenada binis here in a unc thread though , what happens in others places doesnt influence what will happen here ... :|
Information sharing in order to form an informed opinion. It may be unpalatable to your political sensitivities, but new, younger leadership in both Tobago and Grenada has been able to eject well set incumbents. Isn't that what is needed in Trinidad? Name calling on trinituner surely not going to get it done.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 24th, 2022, 12:18 pm

You mean that the founders of the UNC did not put in any safeguard clauses in its constitution to stop this sort of nonsense, to ensure such a party leader like Kamla couldn't not retain power for more than 2 terms, that after X number of defeats must resign, etc.

No they didn't because Trini politicians exist just to be fat cats and nothing else.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 24th, 2022, 12:43 pm

wing wrote:
Rovin wrote:nacta eh telling we anything new that we already didnt know

Information sharing in order to form an informed opinion. It may be unpalatable to your political sensitivities, but new, younger leadership in both Tobago and Grenada has been able to eject well set incumbents. Isn't that what is needed in Trinidad? Name calling on trinituner surely not going to get it done.

dont read me wrong , i want to see T&T change\improve no matter which party in charge but in trinidad we heads rel hard , even when we see\know of betterment from our neighbors & internationally : we basically still have on d same ol buss up jockey shorts that occasionally gets flipped inside out every few yrs hoping things will get better ... :|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 24th, 2022, 1:38 pm

What about moving T&T forward?

Is that up for a discussion?

“Bout Grenada”

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2022, 5:22 am

Hypocrites here posting about young leadership, but when parties do it, they're all " dem do dat to stifle dissent!" or" dem too inexperienced!"
Make up ollour facking mind!
A younger version of, say a JUHN Scarfy is still a horrible leader and human being.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 25th, 2022, 6:09 am

De Dragon wrote:Hypocrites here posting about young leadership, but when parties do it, they're all " dem do dat to stifle dissent!" or" dem too inexperienced!"
A younger version of, say a JUHN Scarfy is still a horrible leader and human being.
Please give an example of any major party in the history of Trinidad ever giving a chance to different or younger leadership. The token young appointments are just that, yes men to the old ways. I think you will find that it probably has never happened, I for one am willing to give it a chance, because we really can't get any worse....I hope.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2022, 6:25 am

wing wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Hypocrites here posting about young leadership, but when parties do it, they're all " dem do dat to stifle dissent!" or" dem too inexperienced!"
Please give an example of any major party in the history of Trinidad ever giving a chance to different or younger leadership. The token young appointments are just that, yes men to the old ways. I think you will find that it probably has never happened, I for one am willing to give it a chance, because we really can't get any worse....I hope.

When you're hiring for senior management positions, you don't hire OJT's
You can have an experienced leader who has bright, young, less experienced advisors, but they have to be willing to listen to them. The majority of countries that have very young leaders like NZ, Finland are much more mature and progressive democracies than ours. As long as we have effectively one man rule, we will never be like them.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 25th, 2022, 6:31 am

De Dragon wrote:
wing wrote:

You can have an experienced leader who has bright, young, less experienced advisors, but they have to be willing to listen to them. The majority of countries that have very young leaders like NZ, Finland are much more mature and progressive democracies than ours. As long as we have effectively one man rule, we will never be like them.
Agreed. Right now we can only look and wonder what might have been. However, the time is ripe for new leadership especially within the opposition ranks. The PNM is set to fall, we just need the right person to oust them, I'm not holding my breath with the options available.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 25th, 2022, 6:51 am

wing wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
wing wrote:

Agreed. Right now we can only look and wonder what might have been. However, the time is ripe for new leadership especially within the opposition ranks. The PNM is set to fall, we just need the right person to oust them, I'm not holding my breath with the options available.

Both parties have mini me leaders in waiting that are already proven failures at leadership. UNC could go the Saddam route, or with some serious image consulting, Vandana. LFD RFD PNM? Dunno. It really is amazing that you can't think of one young, or even youngish person that could be an heir apparent. Remember this is the party that put almost 60 year pld Fake Rasta an Youth Development Minister :roll:

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 25th, 2022, 10:51 am

wing wrote:INCUMBENT UNC political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her Star Team will sweep the party's internal elections on June 26.

Interest in the election is low.

Despite growing and widespread disenchanment with the PNM, Persad-Bissessar and her slate do not help the electorate view the UNC as an alternative government to the PNM.

These were some of the findings of a North American Caribbean Teachers Association (NACTA) opinion survey on the UNC's internal elections that was released on Wednesday.

Only three positions – political leader, elections officer and party organiser – are being contested on June 26.

Persad-Bissessar is being challenged by former UNC MP Dr Fuad Khan for the party's leadership, which she won on January 24, 2010. She retained that post in two subsequent elections in 2015 and 2020.

Former MPs Ramona Ramdial and Dr Glenn Ramdharsingh are challenging Don Sylvester and Couva North MP Ravi Ratiram (both on the Star Team) for the respective posts of elections officer and party organiser.

Khan, Ramdial and Ramadharsingh are contesting their posts as independents. None of them have a slate as Persad-Bissessar does. Khan is campaiging for a dual leadership system with him as political leader while Persad-Bissessar would remain opposition leader.

NACTA said, "Kamla remains very popular among loyalist members and will win re-election by a landslide; she has long coattails that will take her team to victory."

There are 17 other posts up for grabs on June 26, including deputy political leader and chairman. All of these posts are being contested unopposed by members of Persad-Bissessar's slate. Oropouche East MP Dr Roodal Moonilal is contesting one of three deputy political leader posts. Oropouche West MP Dave Tancoo is standing for re-election as UNC chairman.

Against this background, NACTA said, "(UNC) members and supporters of the UNC and the public at large say it is a virtual no-contest."

While Khan, Ramdial and Ramdharsingh have been publicly praised for their courage in standing up against the status quo in the UNC, NACTA predicted, "They are expected to fall way short of even coming close to defeating the incumbents."

But some UNC members and supporters believed that if Persad-Bissessar was not standing for re-election as party leader, several of the candidates on the Star Team would have faced challengers and faced certain defeat.

NACTA said, "There is public rebuke of several members of the Star Team who are most unpopular among voters."

The survey, NACTA continued, indicates that many UNC members, supporters and swing voters are displeased with the composition of Persad-Bissessar's slate, which does not present the UNC "as a viable alternative government in the waiting to replace the ruling PNM."

Concerns have also been raised by UNC members and supporters about the fairness of the elections. Khan and Ramdial have publicly complained about their inability to access the party membership list.

On June 6, Tancoo rejected Khan's claims that the party's internal elections on December 6, 2020 were rigged.

Didn't need a nacta pool to know the outcome of this election. If kamla stays there, great is the pnm until 2030

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 25th, 2022, 11:51 am

so why unc wasting $$$ to make\run dat silly "come dong from dey rowdy" song all over fb since yesterday

now is not local\general election time & they def not winning 1shit with kamla as leader & dem other setta stale deadbeats in their party

dem diehard kamla supporters posting on fb all kinda reasons why not fuad & how their queen will win back gen elections - dem eh realise only election kamla cud win is party election ... :roll:
Last edited by Rovin on June 25th, 2022, 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”