UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby paid_influencer » May 22nd, 2022, 9:38 am

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:If was an indo child, allyuh would say she being racist.Cant please dotish people nah...

Clearly the child, was, as children are wont to do, was attracted by a shiny, colourful object. KPB gave it to the child. WTF is racist in that? Was she handing them out to all the Afros present? When King Kant JUHN Scarfy said eat one fig instead of two, was that racist? Cyah be right?, cuz he black ent?
LFD RFD PNM too dotish for words yes!

learn nothing from the last GE,

lose again,

but I dotish for pointing out this "mother of the nation" gimmick is seen as patronizing and even racist to half the population.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 22nd, 2022, 9:59 am

paid_influencer wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:If was an indo child, allyuh would say she being racist.Cant please dotish people nah...

Clearly the child, was, as children are wont to do, was attracted by a shiny, colourful object. KPB gave it to the child. WTF is racist in that? Was she handing them out to all the Afros present? When King Kant JUHN Scarfy said eat one fig instead of two, was that racist? Cyah be right?, cuz he black ent?
LFD RFD PNM too dotish for words yes!

learn nothing from the last GE,

lose again,

but I dotish for pointing out this "mother of the nation" gimmick is seen as patronizing and even racist to half the population.

No you're dotish for trying to portray it a racist :roll: .

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 22nd, 2022, 11:06 am

Stop the arguing. This is what the pnm media want. They manage to indoctrinate people to make them believe hating kamla is sophisticated and intelligent.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 22nd, 2022, 11:22 am

Time for the UNC to prosper under new leadership.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 22nd, 2022, 12:47 pm

allyuh really feel famous ppl does actually be posting their fb page , most likely somebody who runs her fb page put that up but i agree its in poor taste, even if was a innocent child attracted to a shiny object it have ppl who will say dise cheap PR to get certain ppl votes

anyway : i have a feeling they gonna put back kamla but time for her to retire & let somebody else lead otherwise pnm winning again come 2025 ...

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 22nd, 2022, 12:52 pm

Rovin wrote:allyuh really feel famous ppl does actually be posting their fb page , most likely somebody who runs her fb page put that up but i agree its in poor taste, even if was a innocent child attracted to a shiny object it have ppl who will say dise cheap PR to get certain ppl votes

anyway : i have a feeling they gonna put back kamla but time for her to retire & let somebody else lead otherwise pnm winning again come 2025 ...

Only race baiting, tribal LFD RFD PNM dummies think that way. Kissing babies has literally been a stereotype in politics since forever. A seemingly innocent gesture being maligned for cheap political points. Before the aforementioned dummies run een. yes, she should have bowed out a while aback, as I have stated many times before.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 22nd, 2022, 1:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:I want something explained. If bas was such a great leader, how Ralph, Ramesh and Trevor mash up the his govt and cause an election to call which pnm went on to win?
Ralph cause all of that. Red government paid him well

Ralph was always PNM. Always. He came like a PNM spy in the UNC camp.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 22nd, 2022, 1:55 pm

bluefete wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:I want something explained. If bas was such a great leader, how Ralph, Ramesh and Trevor mash up the his govt and cause an election to call which pnm went on to win?
Ralph cause all of that. Red government paid him well

Ralph was always PNM. Always. He came like a PNM spy in the UNC camp.

But since that dictatorial move Patos make against his sister, he does real pong JUHN Scarfy, Goebbels and Impsy in particular

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 23rd, 2022, 11:40 pm

Political scientist: UNC elections not free and fair

With the leadership of the United National Congress (UNC) up for grabs, political scientist Dr Shane Mohammed says anyone seeking to dethrone political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has to beat her at her own game.

Speaking on CNC3’s The Morning Brew on Monday, Mohammed said there were no free and fair internal elections in the Opposition party for the last decade.

Persad-Bissessar announced that the party would hold its internal elections on June 26 during a meeting on Saturday.

“I make no apologies for saying this, and I am speaking from a position of experience, that the UNC internal elections under Kamla Persad-Bissessar have never been free and fair from interference,” Mohammed said.

Breaking down the UNC in the past decade, he said Persad-Bissessar had violated the party constitution throughout her tenure as the political leader. He said she had failed to follow protocols and believed that because she is an attorney, she and only those attorneys in the party had the moral authority to interpret the party’s constitution.

However, Mohammed said the constitution, authored by former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj and former prime minister Basdeo Panday, is easy to understand.

He recalled that between 1991 and 1994, Panday conveyed that one did not need a formal education to represent the people and appointed cane cutter Dora Bridgemohan to the Senate. Bridgemohan, he noted, was instrumental in wage negotiations and labour laws.

Persad-Bissessar became the UNC leader after defeating party founder Basdeo Panday in 2010. She then led a coalition of parties to a general election victory against the People’s National Movement (PNM) months later. Even after losing successive general elections, the party has retained her as the leader.

However, Mohammed said that Persad-Bissessar did not show the capacity, resilience, viability and confidence to carry on as a strong opposition leader and political leader in the last few years.

He cited that during her Monday Night Forum speech last week, there were certain words she could not pronounce because of an apparent speech impediment.

He believes Persad-Bissessar’s chances of retaining party leadership depend on the realpolitik system, in which members choose practical principles rather than moral considerations.

Oropouche East MP Roodal Moonilal fought for the party leadership in 2015. After losing then, he said there were many election irregularities, he noted.

Mohammed believes Moonilal has a chance if he contests the upcoming elections, as he has the capacity and charisma. He said Moonilal was attempting to rebrand himself and his image, which anyone aspiring to leadership would do.

However, Mohammed’s concern was that if Moonilal beats Persad-Bissessar at her game, he could become a direct target of the People’s National Movement.

He may suffer the same fate as Panday with the accusations of corruption against his name, which would tarnish his reputation and diminish his viability as a potential prime ministerial candidate, he said.

Mohammed believes former minister of health Dr Fuad Khan as a political leader and former national security minister Jack Warner as chairman could, in fact, help the UNC rebuild.

He said their humility and ability to relate to people were ideal for the task. He added that they were realistic people who would not fabricate lies and innuendos for political survival and would give capable and experienced young people opportunities.

Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/politic ... f01f156581

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 24th, 2022, 12:23 am

Unc election does add on an hour because of "rain"?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 24th, 2022, 8:40 pm

Shane Mohammed is a kant with an axe to grind. Suddenly Vasant and Devant talking this same sheit, but when they were inside, everything was good to go.
Fuad Khan and Warner? ROFFL!. A loose cannon and an international pariah? Again, ROFFL!

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 24th, 2022, 9:19 pm

De Dragon wrote:Shane Mohammed is a kant with an axe to grind. Suddenly Vasant and Devant talking this same sheit, but when they were inside, everything was good to go.
Fuad Khan and Warner? ROFFL!. A loose cannon and an international pariah? Again, ROFFL!

Them men claim to fame is popping up every few months to say they don't like kamla.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 25th, 2022, 12:21 pm

happy birthday today to D BORSE : BASDEO PANDAY born 1933 , 89yrs old today .... :bday:

matix
Shifting into 6th

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby matix » May 25th, 2022, 9:42 pm

De Dragon wrote:Shane Mohammed is a kant with an axe to grind. Suddenly Vasant and Devant talking this same sheit, but when they were inside, everything was good to go.

The Shane dude went to secondary school with me, one year above. He definitely has an axe to grind. He’s the same type as padarath if you get what I’m saying.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 25th, 2022, 10:25 pm

282654258_338559871740919_1087774404007408738_n.jpg

not listed: June 27th, when ballots will be found dumped in a river somewhere, as per tradition

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 31st, 2022, 9:15 am

Fuad Khan seeks to be unifying force against ‘cult of Kamla’

YVONNE WEBB 6 HRS AGO[https://newsday]Former San Juan/Barataria MP Dr Fuad Khan. -

FORMER health minister Dr Fuad Khan says he believes any challenger to Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s leadership of the United National Congress (UNC) in the party’s upcoming internal election is bound to fail.

But this belief is not deterring him from possibly taking up the challenge.

Persad-Bissessar, who is also the Opposition Leader, announced the internal election will be held on June 26. Nomination Day is on Sunday. An election management committee, chaired by Ramesh Persad, along with Dr Karleen Bynoe-Sookoo and Marilyn Martin, has been appointed to supervise the process.

As at last Friday, Khan told the Newsday he was still undecided about his participation, but is continuing to talk with former ministers and senators such as Ramona Ramdial, Vasant Bharath, Dr Bhoendradatt Tewarie, Fazal Karim and Larry Lalla, among others, to take the party forward.

Bharath, former St Augustine MP and minister of food production, land and marine affairs, who was unsuccessful in his last bid, made it clear to Newsday he is not challenging the leadership.

“I have absolutely no plans to engage in a fraudulent, undemocratic process.”

Former transport minister Devant Maharaj, who migrated to Canada, has adopted the same stance.

“Not at this point, given the corruption within the UNC. I will support anyone else but Kamla.”

Khan said, “We don’t like what we are seeing at the moment. A lot of members are totally disillusioned by the way the party is being run, but they don’t believe they have a fair and free chance at the elections to effect change. The way it is managed...the way it is set up, it is a foregone conclusion there will be a continuation of the cult of Kamla.”

Khan says he sees his role as a unifier to bring back members who, he says, were ostracised from the party, as well as some of the emerging external political forces with an agenda not only to get rid of the PNM, but “the cult of Kamla.”

He feels the UNC is at its weakest at the moment, and with the National Transformation Alliance (NTA), led by former police commissioner Gary Griffith, and Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) led by Watson Duke gaining traction, the UNC will be a spent force if there are no changes at the top.

“The PDP already has the two Tobago seats (in the next general election) – one more in Trinidad, and they gone clear. It is a numbers game. The new parties are going after the marginals, and if they win a few they would be in a position to broker with either the PNM or UNC to hold the reins of power.

“The People’s National Movement (PNM) is an institution. If anybody feels it would be easy to move it from the seat of power, they would have a problem – a real challenge.”

Ramdial, one of the advocates for leadership change, has collected her nomination form to contest one of the posts of deputy political leader. Like Khan, Ramdial is also doubtful of Persad-Bissessar’s ability to lead the party to victory in either the local government or general elections.

“She has tried twice, in 2015 and 2020, and I am not convinced she can in the future. Over the past two years, the party has shrunk further. There have been no attempts to grow the membership. The party’s arms have been dormant, there has been no national assembly. The UNC is stuck in virtual mode while other parties are on the ground having physical meetings. Members, constituency executives are complaining they cannot engage the leadership of the party.

“She is also hiding from the media. I can’t recall the last time the media had an opportunity to engage Mrs Persad-Bissessar as a political leader of a party in a one-on-one conversation.”

For these and other reasons, Ramdial said, “Large portions of our membership have moved away to support other third forces – NTA, PDP and PEP (Progressive Empowerment Party, led by Phillip Edward Alexander).”

Responding to Khan’s overtures to the other parties, Griffith said as the interim leader of a new, dynamic and vibrant political party providing an alternative to voters, the activities of another political party are not his business or concern.

UNC founder Basdeo Panday could not be contacted about Khan’s attempts to bring him back into the fold.

“I am not using Panday,” Khan clarified. “I just don’t like the way he has been treated.”

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 31st, 2022, 9:30 am

Ramdial is the last one that should be talking.When UNC was in power, she was busy galavanting with Kamla and Khadeeja Ameen all over the globe instead of seeing about her constituency.She trying to be relevant.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 31st, 2022, 12:50 pm

Bhoe FTW

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 31st, 2022, 1:15 pm

bhoe is a good choice , 2nd fuad & even prakash cud work , anything but dead horse\spent force kamla

they do have a solid point about elections being 1sided\rigged in favor of kamla & those who prop her up ... they doh wanna change nothing but living in a wonderland feeling they go have a chance to win anything against d pee nm in any elections :roll:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 31st, 2022, 1:17 pm

Will never endorse Bhoe. Fuad is a bad ass and should be given a chance but not sure if he still wants that life.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 31st, 2022, 2:39 pm

X3000 for Fuad

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 31st, 2022, 3:02 pm

Prakash still have the "knife and fork" feel so he would not entice the base. He would actually be a good AG if given the chance.

Vasant ran twice and is seen as a looser. Bhoe to old to be on the campaign trail. On the other hand, both of them would make very good technocrats.

I can see Fuad being a better leader and strengthening the UNC. His age is going to be against him because he is approaching his 70's plus he has been outside the party for a while.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 31st, 2022, 6:05 pm

Fuad Khan: A new hope

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 31st, 2022, 6:20 pm

Fuad Khan, the man who does joke about Chinese people eating dog, claims to be a lesbian and does wear a rasta hat and talk in a Jamaican accent. Yes, let's put him up to challenge for prime minister of a diverse country

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 31st, 2022, 6:40 pm

Fuad Khan, as a urologist, knows a thing or two about balls. And that is the the UNC needs right now. Balls.

Ripe Chenette
Sweet on this forum

Postby Ripe Chenette » May 31st, 2022, 6:41 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:Fuad Khan, the man who does joke about Chinese people eating dog, claims to be a lesbian and does wear a rasta hat and talk in a Jamaican accent. Yes, let's put him up to challenge for prime minister of a diverse country
Might actually work as long as he get everybody, a multicultural societly only works with constant pussyfooting or a dgaf attitude

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 31st, 2022, 6:46 pm

so if none of d above eh good who allyuh suggest they put up for leader ? ...

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » May 31st, 2022, 6:55 pm

If not KPB who ? UNC have no options ? That’s side

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 31st, 2022, 6:57 pm

j.o.e wrote:If not KPB who ? UNC have no options ? That’s side

and sad too

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 31st, 2022, 7:22 pm

Rovin wrote:so if none of d above eh good who allyuh suggest they put up for leader ? ...

Kamla, Kevin ramnarine, fazal Karim

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”