Forums

Certificate of good character

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Certificate of good character

Postby redmanjp » April 23rd, 2018, 4:23 pm

How long does it usually take to get one? My sister applied to Sangre Grande Station and they told her a month, but she needs it in 1-2 weeks.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Certificate of good character

Postby rmrunner » April 23rd, 2018, 4:29 pm

Well if they said a month, chances are it will be a month. Chaguanas takes two weeks. Once you provide a copy of the receipt to the employer they will give you the grace period until you get the certificate.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 23rd, 2018, 4:29 pm

Use the receipt

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 23rd, 2018, 4:40 pm

Curtms wrote:Use the receipt

I should of said it's not for employment.

It's to apply for a student visa to the Belgian embassy in Jamaica for a Masters degree she's going to do in Belgium

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 23rd, 2018, 4:46 pm

It takes longer if rolled on paper. If done at a station with a machine it is ready in a matter of days.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » April 23rd, 2018, 7:15 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:It takes longer if rolled on paper. If done at a station with a machine it is ready in a matter of days.

Which ones do this?
The Harris Promenade one in Sando took me about 6 weeks this time last year

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 23rd, 2018, 7:16 pm

You can call around and ask, Tunapuna machine is working these days

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 29th, 2021, 2:54 am

Police can't issue certificates of character

For a month and a half, Rishi Ramcharan has been trying to get a police certificate of character for a job application. He has been to police stations in Arouca, Tunapuna and St Joseph and was told either the system was down or the stations were not doing the certificates.

Ramcharan is afraid he will miss his job opportunity if he does not get the certificate. He is applying for a pilot's job outside Trinidad and does not want to tell his potential employer he cannot complete the application because his country cannot provide a certificate of good character in time.

"It's beyond ridiculous...If they say, 'Come,' I would lose my place."

Before the pandemic, he worked in the Maldives as a pilot, but lost his job when flights weree grounded. Every year he got his certificate of character there by applying for it online.

He already has a digital copy of his certificate of good character from the Maldives. He signed up for it online by submitting a photo, the front page of his passport and a letter from his employer.

"I did everything online. No fingerprint requirement."

He does not understand why there is no centralised database in Trinidad and Tobago where he can enter his name and personal identification number on his birth certificate and get the necessary documents from the government.

"I don't understand why I can't sign up for it online. Why do I have to dip my finger in ink – the same nasty ink criminals and gunmen touch – every time to get a new certificate of character?"

He said he is not the only person who would be struggling to get a job because certificates of character are unavailable.

"How many people need these to get jobs right now? If you are a taxi driver, you need a certificate. If you have to apply as a security guard, you need a certificate. This is keeping back everyone's job applications," Ramcharan said.

Manager of police corporate communications Francis Joseph confirmed that for more than a month the certificate of character system has been out of action. He said he could not say what was wrong with the system or when it would be functional again.

"It will be fixed and be back up shortly," he told Newsday by phone.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2021/04/20/police ... character/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 29th, 2021, 6:06 am

Why they call this thing a certificate of good character? All it really is is just a report on whether or not you have a criminal record. It has nothing to do with a person's character.
Once never caught and convicted, the biggest old thief and rapist and murderer could get one saying that they a good boy. Them kinda people character real good eh?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 29th, 2021, 7:03 am

88sins wrote:Why they call this thing a certificate of good character? All it really is is just a report on whether or not you have a criminal record. It has nothing to do with a person's character.
Once never caught and convicted, the biggest old thief and rapist and murderer could get one saying that they a good boy. Them kinda people character real good eh?
Revenue stream for the ttps

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 5th, 2021, 6:42 pm

Certificate of character system to be fixed by Friday

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) says its Automatic Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) which is used to generate certificates of character will be functioning once again by Friday. AFIS is used to match fingerprints on a national database.

The system has been down for the past two months with several people being inconvenienced due to the inability to receive a certificate of character. The TTPS said it was waiting on a piece of hardware that is not available locally in order for the server to operate.

The server Guardian Media was told acts as the interlink between the actual fingerprint and the database. Guardian Media said a Latin American based company owns full rights to the server and it shipped the new piece of hardware from France.

However, on reaching Puerto Rico there were delays due to COVID-19. The TTPS will be testing out the system today and tomorrow with the intention of full functionality this Friday.

Reporter: Akash Samaroo

Source: https://www.cnc3.co.tt/certificate-of-c ... by-friday/

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 6th, 2021, 1:41 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
redmanjp wrote:How long does it usually take to get one? My sister applied to Sangre Grande Station and they told her a month, but she needs it in 1-2 weeks.

Tell her to go CID POS - it takes 1 week .

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » May 7th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Service restored.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 7th, 2021, 6:34 pm

abbow wrote:Service restored.
As of Monday. Appointment still necessary

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 9th, 2021, 12:18 pm

May 9th, 2021
MEDIA RELEASE

TTPS defers resumption of CoC Service due to Covid concerns

In light of the increasing number of Covid-19 infections within the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) and nationwide, the TTPS has decided to defer the resumption of the Certificate of Character (COC) service until May 23rd.

The CoC service was expected to be back up on Monday 10th May 2021 after a disruption of two months.

Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith, says a large number of police officers contracted the Covid-19 in recent times. The CoP notes that as a result of the infections, a larger number of police officers have been sent on quarantine. He says in an attempt to protect the health of police officers and the civilian staff, he has decided to defer the resumption of the CoC service until May 23rd, in line with the restrictions in the updated Public Health Regulations.

Commissioner Griffith has asked members of the public who applied for a COC, to be patient as the deferral can protect the health of police officers and the public who they serve. In cases of emergency, where a CoC is needed before May 23rd, applications can be sent directly to the Commissioner of Police.

He says the public will be kept updated through the various TTPS social media platforms.

Corporate Communications Unit
May 9th, 2021
END

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 9th, 2021, 1:39 pm

88sins wrote:Why they call this thing a certificate of good character? All it really is is just a report on whether or not you have a criminal record. It has nothing to do with a person's character.

Like yuh liming with P*rnHabit7 dese days or wha'? :lol: :lol:

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 15th, 2021, 11:13 am

November 15th, 2021
MEDIA RELEASE

Full Resumption of Certificate of Character Service

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) is pleased to advise that the Certificate of Character Service will fully resume today, Monday 15th November, 2021, at all police stations.

This shifts from the previous two stations per Division arrangement. However, the online application process remains the same.

To apply for the Certificate of Character Service, visit the TTPS’ website at https://www.ttps.gov.tt/ select the Services tab, then the Certificates tab, followed by the Certificate of Character Request tab to access the application page.

Once the request is completed, the applicant will be required to check his/her email address for a confirmation PDF document, which must be printed on legal size paper to be presented to the police officer at the selection police station on the day of your appointment.

Walk-in applicants will not be entertained at this time.

Corporate Communications Unit
November 15th, 2021
END

FB_IMG_1636989057760.jpg
FB_IMG_1636989057760.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 3520 times

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 15th, 2021, 1:19 pm

^^^^ so people need to get a printer .

Why not download on phone as with other modem countries or submit all documents on-line as the UK does.

We really living in a backward banana Republic.

0rb1tz
Street 2NR

Postby 0rb1tz » November 15th, 2021, 1:58 pm

ROFL those instructions are complete garbage. I did all that, made an appointment via email and then phone confirmation at the station, printed it out in colour at a print shop on legal 14-inch paper. Arrived well on time for the appointment. Nothing had changed. Still line up, first come, first serve. I told the officer that i had an appointment, she said ok line up there with everyone else. Nobody else has a printed form except me, and it never mattered because they took the $50 from everyone the same way and did the same procedure on the fp machine and filled out a form on the desk. Some people just walked in the place past the line and "know ah police" and get put ahead of the line without even waiting 5 minutes.

It's Trinidad Police. Don't be fooled, it will never change.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 15th, 2021, 4:29 pm

0rb1tz wrote:ROFL those instructions are complete garbage. I did all that, made an appointment via email and then phone confirmation at the station, printed it out in colour at a print shop on legal 14-inch paper. Arrived well on time for the appointment. Nothing had changed. Still line up, first come, first serve. I told the officer that i had an appointment, she said ok line up there with everyone else. Nobody else has a printed form except me, and it never mattered because they took the $50 from everyone the same way and did the same procedure on the fp machine and filled out a form on the desk. Some people just walked in the place past the line and "know ah police" and get put ahead of the line without even waiting 5 minutes.

It's Trinidad Police. Don't be fooled, it will never change.
Backward banana Republic.

I remember some years ago I applied for one in the UK and everything is done online. You never meet a police officer, you pay your fee online and in a few days your certificate is posted to you .

Even in little Cayman Islands its all done online

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » November 15th, 2021, 6:17 pm

Trinidad, 3rd world forever

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » November 15th, 2021, 7:16 pm

My friend in Canada is in the process for her PR , one of the requirements is to get her cc from Trinidad, took her electronic FP at the approved location in Mississauga ,sent all the documents via fedex , all that took 2 days , her sister received the documents logged it at central police station , in pos .

Its 2 months now ,they saying it got lost with the alot of other people documents , she needs to resend it . sweet T&T

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 15th, 2021, 7:43 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:My friend in Canada is in the process for her PR , one of the requirements is to get her cc from Trinidad, took her electronic FP at the approved location in Mississauga ,sent all the documents via fedex , all that took 2 days , her sister received the documents logged it at central police station , in pos .

Its 2 months now ,they saying it got lost with the alot of other people documents , she needs to resend it . sweet T&T
This is the typical situation will nearly all government businesses.

No one takes accountability but they quickly to put house tax on you

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » November 17th, 2021, 5:41 am

ek4ever wrote:Trinidad, 3rd world forever

The nation should be downgraded to a fail state.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 17th, 2021, 7:00 am

The part i doesnt understand
Why they need to take your finger prints EVERYTIME?

I mean, the fackin scanner always broken
So is black ink they wanna use.
And why they can file it or store it?
Where they does put it?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 17th, 2021, 7:04 am

zoom rader wrote:
ruffrider27 wrote:My friend in Canada is in the process for her PR , one of the requirements is to get her cc from Trinidad, took her electronic FP at the approved location in Mississauga ,sent all the documents via fedex , all that took 2 days , her sister received the documents logged it at central police station , in pos .

This is the typical situation will nearly all government businesses.

No one takes accountability but they quickly to put house tax on you
Yup
Had a similar incident with WASA yesterday
They called for a document, when i gone to drop it off, they cant find the file.

I tell them i aint leaving till i sure it (the file) here
And them asking me if i sure is that branch i drop it off to

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 17th, 2021, 7:47 am

*KRONIK* wrote:The part i doesnt understand

Where they does put it?

Trinidad public advice need an entire IT overhaul. Fingerprints should be taken at ID card application and shared across platforms. That way you request everything online and don’t even deal with the station.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 17th, 2021, 8:26 am

j.o.e wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:The part i doesnt understand

Where they does put it?

Trinidad public advice need an entire IT overhaul. Fingerprints should be taken at ID card application and shared across platforms. That way you request everything online and don’t even deal with the station.
Exactly

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 15th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Bumping this thread because the machine is down again....

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/ttpscer ... ae2a354c6d

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 15th, 2022, 5:27 pm

I'm hearing it's outstanding funds owed to the IT service company. Maybe to the tune of 4-5 million.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”