Forums

LGBT celebrate High Court ruling- to be appealed

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

LGBT celebrate High Court ruling- to be appealed

Postby redmanjp » April 9th, 2018, 7:41 am

The local Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Transgender (LGBT) community will have to wait a little over two months for the outcome of a novel constitutional lawsuit challenging this country’s homophobic laws.

Jones’ lawsuit is one of several landmark cases filed by Caribbean LGBT activists challenging regional homophobic laws.

In 2016, Jamaican lawyer Maurice Tomlinson challenged T&T and Belize’s immigration laws which allow for refusal of entry to regional homosexuals visitors.

While the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) dismissed his case, both Governments admitted that the laws were not enforced by their immigration officials.

Later that year, Belize’s Supreme Court struck down that country’s sodomy laws, after a case similar to Jones’ was filed by a local activist.

However, unlike T&T, Belize did not have a saving clause protecting its legislation from review.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-01-31/judge-sets-april-12-for-decision-in-lgbt-lawsuit
Last edited by redmanjp on April 16th, 2018, 7:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: LGBT march today- High Court to rule on Buggery Law April 12th

Postby sMASH » April 9th, 2018, 7:50 am

as someone else said, what u do with ur battam is none of my business.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 9th, 2018, 8:28 am

sMASH wrote:as someone else said, what u do with ur battam is none of my business.

I agree, except when they get rid of the law it won't stop there at all.
When they start teaching dat to your chile in school, start accepting that there are over 100 genders and that if you refuse to use Ze or Zur or whatever pronouns they invent on a daily basis to refer to persons with gender disphoria you are heavily fined like in New York, or make all bathrooms gender neutral (not just single stalls but changing areas where everyone changes in front of each other) encouraging wanton sexual immorality, forcing you to have your child adopted by same sex couples (in cases where you no longer have custody or die) restrict free speech and freedom by calling anyone who disagrees with any of it homo/transphobic u might rethink that. Google cultural Marxism.
Last edited by redmanjp on April 10th, 2018, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 9th, 2018, 8:46 am

school schooling isn't the only schooling there is.

plus, in those respects, trinidad isnt as liberal to let it get sooo far. yes, it have some university posers talking that bs, but they are waaay outnumbered by normal people.

so, let them get thier legal right to insert what where ever. but that is as far as it goes. anything else, the answer is no. and the louder u get, the louder the no will have to be.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » April 9th, 2018, 9:12 am

sMASH wrote:school schooling isn't the only schooling there is.

plus, in those respects, trinidad isnt as liberal to let it get sooo far. yes, it have some university posers talking that bs, but they are waaay outnumbered by normal people.

so, let them get thier legal right to insert what where ever. but that is as far as it goes. anything else, the answer is no. and the louder u get, the louder the no will have to be.

We getting there inno. We getting there.

UWI SJW's are few in number but they will force their views on us all. It really is a slippery slope.

Yeah that law is outdated, but im not sure if changing it will be the start of the decline.
(and yes America is declining socially, I can link sources if anyone else is curious)

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » April 9th, 2018, 9:20 am

Kill all of them

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 9th, 2018, 9:24 am

Ironic that the religious leaders are protesting this.
You'd think given their propensity for child molestation....

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » April 9th, 2018, 9:25 am

redmanjp wrote:
sMASH wrote:as someone else said, what u do with ur battam is none of my business.

When they start teaching dat to your chile in school, start accepting that there are over 100 genders and that if you refuse to use Ze or Zur or whatever pronouns they invent on a daily basis to refer to persons with gender disphoria you are heavily fined like in New York, or make all bathrooms gender neutral encouraging wanton sexual immorality, forcing you to have your child adopted by same sex couples restrict free speech and freedom by calling anyone who disagrees with any of it homo/transphobic u might rethink that. Google cultural Marxism.

Yep. And the next step iz the protect and serve/armed forces.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 9th, 2018, 9:27 am

Without taking sides in this homosexual saga I just find the arguments laid forth by straight Trinis against Homosexuality range from ludicrous to cringe worthy. That pastor outside Waterfront last week who tried linking decriminalization of homosexuality with economic reasons.................mind blown!!!!

And the biggest lol of all is the use of the Bible to justify the hate against the Homos. The same Bible that gives us nice little treasures like this -

Deuternomy 25.:11
In Israel his name shall be called, 'The house of him whose sandal is removed.' 11"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, 12then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.…

or this

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 9th, 2018, 9:45 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
sMASH wrote:school schooling isn't the only schooling there is.

We getting there inno. We getting there.

UWI SJW's are few in number but they will force their views on us all. It really is a slippery slope.

Yeah that law is outdated, but im not sure if changing it will be the start of the decline.
(and yes America is declining socially, I can link sources if anyone else is curious)

It reminds me of the 80-20 rule... 20% of the people dictating 80% of the conversation.

We can take note on what happened in several states in America to see what's coming. If this buggery law gets shot down, i'm pretty sure gay marriage will be next on the agenda. Then there will be a clash with LGBT groups and religious schools on what to teach children. The gender pronouns will be forced, accusations of hate speech will be prevalent, and "straight" people will be ridiculed for being straight.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » April 9th, 2018, 9:53 am

I not in ur bedroom ...oops wrong thread .....

ChristianRD
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ChristianRD » April 9th, 2018, 10:02 am

Religious folk really do care about arseholes.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 9th, 2018, 10:04 am

https://www.livescience.com/52146-homop ... raits.html

The findings position homophobia as a trait more often seen in dysfunctional personalities, but personality isn't the whole story. Homophobia is a "culture-induced disease," Jannini said, so personality traits probably interplay with factors like religion and conservative values. The researchers are currently expanding the study to students in Albania, Jannini said. They're also studying how the fear of not being "man enough" might influence homophobic attitudes.

I didn't want to put the headline "Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues" because then that isolates people who have valid concerns about homosexuality, and seek to find like minded people who end up hating other people for reasons they are not sure about. It's like racism. It's like segregation. Not logical at all, but it's really a deep psychological issue that was never explored properly in that person's psyche.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontlin ... freud.html
Although the causes of homophobia are unclear, several psychoanalytic explanations have emerged from the idea of homophobia as an anxiety-based phenomenon. One psychoanalytic explanation is that anxiety about the possibility of being or becoming a homosexual may be a major factor in homophobia.

And secondly, it's too bad that some of the high powered politicians that we have in our own country do not want to be brave and step forward and defend people from what they know is a completely wrong idea today. There are many high profile persons in the law fraternity who know who they are and what they are hiding, and should have the courage to stand behind what is right and set examples for the future generation. Bigotry only stops when you teach the next generation that it is wrong!

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 9th, 2018, 10:09 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Ironic that the religious leaders are protesting this.
You'd think given their propensity for child molestation....

As a Catholic this irony is clear....but( :D ) given how the Church dealt with the young people entering into the seminary...it is to some extent cause and effect.

As to the LBGT community.....
Give them full rights- its their body.
Let them self define themselves

Let them suffer through Marriage like the rest of us :|

In all seriousness ....I dont depend on the state, or any one else to instill a moral compass into my son....thats my responsibility-regardless of what environment he is in.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 9th, 2018, 10:34 am

We're living in a democracy, not a theocracy. It's up to the people. The existing law doesn't seem to have had any effect in preventing the spread of that counterculture.

Dizzy28 wrote:The same Bible that gives us nice little treasures like this -

Deuternomy 25.:11
In Israel his name shall be called, 'The house of him whose sandal is removed.' 11"If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, 12then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.…

That's the great thing about laws imposed by a sovereign power that ensures order is kept. People are well persuaded to refrain from what is forbidden. I mean if you're attacked by someone and you're winning and his wife grabs and crushes your jewels, I think you might want some justice. It's probably why there's no record of the actual event ever occurring.

We'll do well to follow the concept in terms of severity of punishments and prevalence of enforcement in all aspects of our society from littering to murder.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » April 9th, 2018, 10:50 am

redmanjp wrote:

When they start teaching dat to your chile in school, start accepting that there are over 100 genders and that if you refuse to use Ze or Zur or whatever pronouns they invent on a daily basis to refer to persons with gender disphoria you are heavily fined like in New York, or make all bathrooms gender neutral encouraging wanton sexual immorality, forcing you to have your child adopted by same sex couples restrict free speech and freedom by calling anyone who disagrees with any of it homo/transphobic u might rethink that. Google cultural Marxism.

Someone can force you to put your child up for adoption?

Wow, learn new things every day.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » April 9th, 2018, 10:51 am

I'm not gay and i really don't see what the big deal is. This thing all over...if anyone hasn't started teaching their kids about the real world that's just bad parenting. Cos i explain that to my kids long time n they haven't burst into flames yet.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 9th, 2018, 11:34 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 9th, 2018, 11:53 am

Me eh see the problem. Man wah bool man...go ahead. Woman wah bool woman...go ahead. Man or woman wah bool sheep...go ahead. Man or woman wah bool monkey...go ahead.

Wha' allyuh wah do in allyuh private life is allyuh bizness.

Buh yuh damn fas' and outta place if yuh feel yuh goin' tuh tell me what I supposed tuh think about that...:|

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » April 9th, 2018, 12:46 pm

The batty men & dem wa impose acceptance of their lifestyle upon the masses.

The fundametal question iz not whether thiz iz a religious or legal restriction or not. It iz. And for good reason.

The modern question iz...iz this good for society? Should a minority be able to impose their lifestyle choice upon a majority?

Many of the arguments of religious leaders dont resonate with everyone. They arent able to articulate the societal damage caused by a relativistic restructuring of gender...identity...& sexual preference.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm

but the LBGT crew are asking for legitimization....fair enough....

isnt denying them legitimization imposing our lifestyle on them....???

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 9th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Miktay wrote:The batty men & dem wa impose acceptance of their lifestyle upon the masses.

The fundametal question iz not whether thiz iz a religious or legal restriction or not. It iz. And for good reason.

The modern question iz...iz this good for society? Should a minority be able to impose their lifestyle choice upon a majority?

Many of the arguments of religious leaders dont resonate with everyone. They arent able to articulate the societal damage caused by a relativistic restructuring of gender...identity...& sexual preference.

How is the lifestyle being imposed on you?
Two men bumping in bed imposes on you in some way?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 9th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Miktay wrote:The modern question iz...iz this good for society? Should a minority be able to impose their lifestyle choice upon a majority?

they not imposing their lifestyle, they just want the right to enjoy their lifestyle

not too long ago society didnt want to get blacks any rights either.....

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 9th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Miktay wrote:The modern question iz...iz this good for society? Should a minority be able to impose their lifestyle choice upon a majority?

they not imposing their lifestyle, they just want the right to enjoy their lifestyle

And now they imposing their lifestyle on everybody else ... :P

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » April 9th, 2018, 1:44 pm

When last someone get locked up for being a stool pusher? It’s a law that can’t be enforced. Whether it’s on or off the books is a non issue. However it will be a start or other LGBT rights battles, Marriage, equal opportunity etc.
I personally don’t care what people do to get off.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 9th, 2018, 1:48 pm

timelapse wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

And now they imposing their lifestyle on everybody else ... :P

How?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 9th, 2018, 2:03 pm

what goes on in your privacy is your business, but please don't ever allow it to be taught to children in schools that its OK and normal, its NOT, and we do not want our sons being taught in school that homosexuality is acceptable and normal.

burkmenistan
Street 2NR

Postby burkmenistan » April 9th, 2018, 2:17 pm

dunno. i believe in democracy and rights for all.

burkmenistan
Street 2NR

Postby burkmenistan » April 9th, 2018, 2:23 pm

lot of hypocrisy lol. they will balk if de man cuss them up or deny them rights cuz dey black or non-white lol. democracy is rights for all. nutten to do wit God or some holy book that the catholic hurch (Emperor Constantine I) doctored.....

i ent no SJW, just common sense.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 9th, 2018, 2:33 pm

burkmenistan wrote:lot of hypocrisy lol. they will balk if de man cuss them up or deny them rights cuz dey black or non-white lol. democracy is rights for all. nutten to do wit God or some holy book that the catholic hurch (Emperor Constantine I) doctored.....

i ent no SJW, just common sense.

Jesus..............If Rowley was bothered by Padarath's lack of grammar he will get a heart attack with this post!!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”