TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 191

K74T
TunerGod

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby K74T » April 10th, 2022, 9:21 am

alfa wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/man-dies-of-electrocution-in-barrackpore-6.2.1477774.6b4dfc0f1c
Venezuelans stealing TSTT cables now, whats going on here Max?

Via Ian Alleyne FB:

ELECTROCUTED CABLE THIEF IDENTIFIED: HE'S A 23-YEAR-OLD MAN FROM ORCHID GARDENS IN PLEASANTVILLE, SAN FERNANDO.

23-YEAR-OLD CASEY DE SILVA OF AERIDES DRIVE, ORCHID GARDENS, PLEASANTVILLE, HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AS THE MAN WHO WAS ELECTROUCTED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO STEAL TSTT CABLES ON OVERHEAD LINES IN BARRACKPORE EARLY ON SATURDAY 9TH APRIL.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 18th, 2022, 1:05 pm

https://vimeo.com/700499451

This was over the Easter weekend, another glimpse of my Trini/Vene family making the best of Venezuela in that real Trini spirit, and not fleeing to Trinidad as they are entitled to ,but they have too much invested in Vene and have decided to stay and work hard and make life work for them as they see the hard times through with a smile on their faces

The hype man behind the camera is my half brother, he can talk rel shyte I tell yah lol, that's his land by a big river, his nick name is Makibo, and he's saying welcome to Makibo 'beach' (no playa? ). Him and all the older darker folk you see there are born Trinis and can come here anytime they choose with thier kids and grand kids, but have decided instead to stay and grind it out with dignity so their their kids and grandkids could have a future in the only land that they know.
Last edited by VII on April 18th, 2022, 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 18th, 2022, 1:42 pm

Very good, this is what all Venezuelans should be doing. Stay and work at improving the situation and rebuilding your country. If you have to leave, leave to get the needed resources to go back and rebuild your homeland.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 18th, 2022, 4:29 pm

Yep, boy dey does make me feel to go Vene when I see vids of dem lime, haven't been for some years but I know them well, whole roast pig, lamb etc and alcohol chasing with wholesale fresh juice and coconut water whole day is the norm..

And strange enough they mostly only order specific things from us, mostly Trini taste stuff like salt fish, kerrygold butter and cheddar cheese , target corn beef etc., they handle their own basics right there, and they have crops and livestock.

88sins wrote:Very good, this is what all Venezuelans should be doing. Stay and work at improving the situation and rebuilding your country. If you have to leave, leave to get the needed resources to go back and rebuild your homeland.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 18th, 2022, 4:58 pm

VII wrote:https://vimeo.com/700499451

This was over the Easter weekend, another glimpse of my Trini/Vene family making the best of Venezuela in that real Trini spirit, and not fleeing to Trinidad as they are entitled to ,but they have too much invested in Vene and have decided to stay and work hard and make life work for them as they see the hard times through with a smile on thier faces

The hype man behind the camera is my half brother, he can talk rel shyte I tell yah lol, that's his land by a big river, his nick name is Makibo, and he's saying welcome to Makibo 'beach' (no playa? ). All the older darker folk you see there are born Trinis and can come here anytime they choose with thier kids and grand kids, but have decided instead to stay and grind it out with dignity so their their kids and grandkids could have a future in the only land that they know.
Much respect for these kinds of Venes.Make Venezuela great again by not fleeing like rats from a sinking ship.Your relatives are true patriots VII.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 18th, 2022, 5:54 pm

Respect brother..

timelapse wrote:

This was over the Easter weekend, another glimpse of my Trini/Vene family making the best of Venezuela in that real Trini spirit, and not fleeing to Trinidad as they are entitled to ,but they have too much invested in Vene and have decided to stay and work hard and make life work for them as they see the hard times through with a smile on thier faces

The hype man behind the camera is my half brother, he can talk rel shyte I tell yah lol, that's his land by a big river, his nick name is Makibo, and he's saying welcome to Makibo 'beach' (no playa? ). All the older darker folk you see there are born Trinis and can come here anytime they choose with thier kids and grand kids, but have decided instead to stay and grind it out with dignity so their their kids and grandkids could have a future in the only land that they know.
Much respect for these kinds of Venes.Make Venezuela great again by not fleeing like rats from a sinking ship.Your relatives are true patriots VII.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 18th, 2022, 9:17 pm

This was over the Easter weekend, another glimpse of my Trini/Vene family making the best of Venezuela in that real Trini spirit, and not fleeing to Trinidad as they are entitled to ,but they have too much invested in Vene and have decided to stay and work hard and make life work for them as they see the hard times through with a smile on their faces

The hype man behind the camera is my half brother, he can talk rel shyte I tell yah lol, that's his land by a big river, his nick name is Makibo, and he's saying welcome to Makibo 'beach' (no playa? ). Him and all the older darker folk you see there are born Trinis and can come here anytime they choose with thier kids and grand kids, but have decided instead to stay and grind it out with dignity so their their kids and grandkids could have a future in the only land that they know.
These are the kind of stories that are truly inspiring and should be given more attention. Props to your family bro. I wish them all the best and God's Blessings through these trying times.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 12:41 pm

VII....in that situation , they have family and friends who willing to help them, they have land and a source of income (live stock, animals, fishing etc)
they have their trini family who can easily send essentials for them if need be

thats not the case with most venezuelans

some of them come here with not a cent to even buy food when they land, they pay the boatman everything they could have scraped up.

many of the more able bodied persons come to get faster easier money so they can send back home to take care of their relatives.

they hustle hard locally and quickly get work and improve themselves

i have some spanish workers who will happily work from 7am to 11pm if they know the job needs to be finished
rather than they have to come back a next day
(yes they are properly paid)

even at 11pm they still washing down tools and packing away back everything where it suppose to be before they organise to go home.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 19th, 2022, 1:02 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:VII....in that situation , they have family and friends who willing to help them, they have land and a source of income (live stock, animals, fishing etc)

some of them come here with not a cent to even buy food when they land, they pay the boatman everything they could have scraped up.

many of the more able bodied persons come to get faster easier money so they can send back home to take care of their relatives.

i have some spanish workers who will happily work from 7am to 11pm if they know the job needs to be finished

even at 11pm they still washing down tools and packing away back everything where it suppose to be before they organise to go home.

Just be careful with the doubling back to interfere with your stuff weeks or months later . We still have no proper criminal history on no one from Venezuela but the short term gains are great for us in Trinidad for their labour

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 19th, 2022, 1:44 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Venes or any other nationality . Venes are actually one of my favorite, maybe because I've been really lucky with some nice senoritas over the years, and have been dealing with Vene relatives since I know myself, have been to Venezuela more times than I can remember at the moment . Also have a couple Vene employees and they are all that you say and I like them for that, but they also slack like everyone else if given the chance or have something else on the agenda at a given time.

I have a very responsible respectable mature hard working Vene fabricator that runs an operation for me at times, sure he goes the distance and I like the man and his work ethic etc . The biggest mistake I ever made was telling him to lock up and leave when it's time, you know he started leaving half hr early every time ? Lol..

For some perspective I've posted vids and pics of some of my relatives' previous limes here before , my point was that I would prefer plant and rare animals in my homeland during hard times than go to another land as a 'refugee' .

I also touched on how Trinis can be very resourceful and upbeat in the face of insurmountable challenges citing my own relatives and hinted that Venezuelans would be well advised to take a page out of their Trini book and by extension slowly rebuild their country instead of fleeing in droves to strwnge lands .

I also mentioned in the post above that they only request special items for special occasions and seasons etc especially 2 big sisters who like the occassional Trini tastes , they haven't requested anything since mid last year, the point I was trying to make is that basic items are available .

We know people move, we know there are people who's lives are all about moving around till they find that place to settle, so movement is expected especially with the eco-socio-political issues, but still not at the levels we have been witnessing . But my point is Venezuela has a lot to offer its people if they are willing to work hard for it unconditionally .

As much as I like Venes I know them and I can tell you they don't like to do anything for nothing, so much so you may be able able get them to do anything for something. I'm not saying things aren't hard, but for such people it is easier to turn their backs on home and find the next paying port rather than grind it out at home and still manage to have days like in the vids I posted above and previously.

Venezuela can sustain its people if they want it to and my relatives are a prime example, one thing Venezuela has in abundance is good land, water courses and the ocean all bursting with abundance. Coca-Cola on tap, KFC and good internet may be a problem at this time though .

Phone Surgeon wrote:VII....in that situation , they have family and friends who willing to help them, they have land and a source of income (live stock, animals, fishing etc)

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 19th, 2022, 1:57 pm

Yeah man thanks, they shall prevail with their dignity intact .

agent007 wrote:

These are the kind of stories that are truly inspiring and should be given more attention. Props to your family bro. I wish them all the best and God's Blessings through these trying times.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 19th, 2022, 2:11 pm

Kenjo wrote:

Just be careful with the doubling back to interfere with your stuff weeks or months later . We still have no proper criminal history on no one from Venezuela but the short term gains are great for us in Trinidad for their labour
I actually using the same 3 main workers for several years now. Anyone extra i need...they have to recommend or bring them.

Have one fella who's a electrician by profession in vene. He does paint. Do ceiling work. Camera systems. Flooring. Mason work. Welding.
Gypsum designs/entertainment center etc.

He actually was working in red house and that hotel refurbish by the savannah the other day with a contractor for ceiling work

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 21st, 2022, 12:04 pm

Hover what's going on here?
Slims?

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/04/21/16-vzuelan-women-team-up-to-promote-their-businesses

A group of 16 Venezuelan women in TT have come together to strengthen their small businesses by sharing ideas and supporting each others' ventures.

Venezuelan Business Woman is the name of the social media platform they use to attract Latino and TT customers. The 16 include hair stylists, decorators, kids party entertainment, artists and pastry chefs.

Deilyn Bracho, a decorator and balloon artist from San Fernando, came up with the idea.

"I had contact with some entrepreneurs and from there came the proposal to join forces to highlight the talent of Venezuelan women here in an honest way and generate more work for each of our businesses," she told Business Day.

Yamilethsis Fernández – who bakes cakes in Fyzabad; balloon artists Jennifer Martínez and Beatriz Antequera (Sangre Grande), Joelyn Guzmán (San Fernando), Ivonne Rojas (Penal); stylists Luisa Marín, Jesulexis Vegas, María Indriago and Carolina Urdaneta (San Fernando); manicurists Silvana Gutiérrez, (Curepe), Veronica Fernandez and Ana Corvo (San Fernando); Deirilyn Bastidas – who does kids' party entertainment in Arima; Nathairys Jaimez, a creative stationery artist in San Fernando; and Maholyth Muñoz, who supplies piñatas in Fyzabad, complete the group.

“We started a WhatsApp group and from there more girls joined until we formed a group of 15 that spread throughout various parts of Trinidad,” said Bracho.

They held the first team and strategy meeting at the beginning of March and from that moment they began to expand to different areas.

“Each entrepreneur has her own social network, but we decided to open Venezuelan Business Woman so that those interested in each business can locate the person of their choice there,” said Bracho.

They share customer contacts and organise promotions, sharing ideas, materials and labour.

Most were professionals in their homeland.

“We seek to grow little by little, with talent. Many already did these things in Venezuela and others started here because of the lack of opportunities in honest jobs, language and security,” said Fernández. "In my case, I would like to teach local people, not only to have Trinidadian clients but also for anyone to see the differences, the styles we use and what they like here."

They plan to register their small businesses.

"We want to help this country. We can pay our taxes, create jobs, rent spaces and at the same time promote local talent," said Antequera.

That is the case of Indriago and Urdaneta, who opened beauty salons.

"It's a way to generate more clients, workers, and we also pay for services by giving back a little to this country that has opened its doors to us," said Indriago, who owns Ávila Magics Studio.

They are all mothers, and for some going out to work was not a good option, so they work from home.

They buy and share materials to help keep costs down and offer affordable prices.

“Many of us buy our materials between San Fernando and Port of Spain, but we have to walk and go to various stores looking for a variety of prices, styles and colours. That is why the support that each one provides is essential, such as information on places, stores and options,” Rojas said.

Another alternative is shopping online.

“Some of us have shared the websites where we buy our raw materials, some through Amazon and others even through the mercadolibre.com page from Venezuela,” said Bracho.

Experience and certification is also essential to what they do.

Marín said because she has official certificates as a hair stylist, she has been able to establish contact with the suppliers of brands such as Tec Italy, GoCare and Rush.

One additional expense they have is transport. Bracho said most of the entrepreneurs do not have their own car. Being Venezuelan and not being able to apply for a driver's licence or car loans, they have to pay a lot for taxis.

“In my case I use TT RideShare for security. I spend more money, but it is faster, more comfortable and safer to get around,” she said.

Some still do not have bank accounts.

“We all depend on cash. Only some of them can use the bank accounts of their husbands, who, through their jobs in companies, have been able to obtain an account, But it is a risk for us to handle cash,” said Urdaneta.

“We have many adversities. It is not easy to look for clients, to look for the cheapest stores to buy raw materials, pay for taxis, place orders and then handle cash, which is insecure.

"But we are women who are happy to be proactive. In addition to working in what we like, we provide happiness to our clients and we still have the necessary time to take care of our homes,” said Martínez.

“The idea is to continue expanding the team. We want to include seamstresses, cooks, jewellery creators, among others, who want to expand their ideas and businesses throughout TT,” said Bracho.

I could already see and hear the steam coming out from Slims ears.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » April 21st, 2022, 12:09 pm

Wait nah, Slim missing.

Like mods fighting d dawg again .

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 21st, 2022, 12:30 pm

Basically put Venezuelan women in already saturated markets.They need to start farming, or supplement their income with it.That is one of the few things that will make sense.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 21st, 2022, 12:54 pm

Nah boi pa, I think the moral of the story was they helping each other out instead of rob rape kidnap kill etc, or crying bout guavamunt.
Notice they have a solution to most of their obstacles?

I know with the case of trinis, if Sunita see channa selling $100/bag in Massy and the same channa $75/bag by Balmatie lil grocery, she will tell Radha and Reshma Massy have it cheaper. And she will end up making the biggest profit on the doubles.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 21st, 2022, 12:57 pm

if they are legal down here then they can get bank accounts and license to drive

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 21st, 2022, 1:00 pm

timelapse wrote:Basically put Venezuelan women in already saturated markets.They need to start farming, or supplement their income with it.That is one of the few things that will make sense.

Venezuelans would support their own before they hire services from a Trini.
and i sure the venezuelan price cheaper than the trini price and you would get more service for your $$$

most of them always send back most of their earnings to their families in Venezuela though.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 21st, 2022, 1:15 pm

Gosh,

I really admire our Venezuelans.

Trinis take note.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 21st, 2022, 1:17 pm

MaxPower wrote:Gosh,

I really admire our Venezuelans.

Trinis take note.

x 4,000

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 22nd, 2022, 1:22 pm

I remember a few years ago, a Vene guy used to come around asking if we had broken jewellery to sell - especially anything with gold in it.

He used to have cell phones and shoes for sale in the back of his car.

He was super cautious though always asking which part of the community to stay away from.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 22nd, 2022, 1:45 pm

Where is Slim?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 22nd, 2022, 5:35 pm

MaxPower wrote:Where is Slim?
Like he pick up Juan

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 22nd, 2022, 6:18 pm

MaxPower wrote:Where is Slim?
Poor lad, banned yet again
Screenshot_20220422-181808.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 22nd, 2022, 7:24 pm

I missed this ban.Anti Muslim comment again?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 22nd, 2022, 8:57 pm

Coupla tings
Kudos to them for forming an association.
The name makes no sense
They know that they can't pay taxes right?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 23rd, 2022, 9:26 pm

Ahh boi.
How the line looking in the bank to line up for USD these days?

Today is the 23rd and Rosita studying how she short on next month rent, so she give me the remainder in USD to hold until month end when she get some more toilet paper (TTD)

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 23rd, 2022, 9:54 pm

timelapse wrote:I missed this ban.Anti Muslim comment again?

Yeh boi times,

All how i try to caution the youngman but he never listen.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 24th, 2022, 9:56 am

MaxPower wrote:
timelapse wrote:I missed this ban.Anti Muslim comment again?

Yeh boi times,

All how i try to caution the youngman but he never listen.

Max,

Tuners need to counsel Slim . Is there anyone here that can assist with fundamentals ?

Care and love and maybe invite him over for a candle lit dinner . He seems to be a Vegan . Is he ?

Explain to him that his views are not within international codes in society's familiarization of concepts in reality .

Introduce him to a nice girl and video tape the session to see any aggression or adverse affects .

Then at 5 pm you leave the Zoo.

Or the girl leaves @ 4:45 pm while you (Max) medicates him with a rubber hose.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 24th, 2022, 12:13 pm

^ lol what a fantastic idea Vev.

We must help him.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”