TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Dragon gas deal with Venezuela

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Should Venezuelan refugees be allowed to live in T&T?

Postby SuperiorMan » January 26th, 2023, 8:16 pm

T&T and Venezuela a 'perfect relationship' :)

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 26th, 2023, 8:17 pm

So when is this "relationship" going to trickle down to the small man on the ground buying gas at the pump?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 26th, 2023, 8:24 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:T&T and Venezuela a 'perfect relationship' :)

Let us stand together as 1.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 26th, 2023, 8:25 pm

DMan7 wrote:So when is this "relationship" going to trickle down to the small man on the ground buying gas at the pump?

Once Goebbels, JUHN Scarfy and the LFD RFD PNM get their cut, which means essentially never

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 27th, 2023, 5:07 am

DMan7 wrote:So when is this "relationship" going to trickle down to the small man on the ground buying gas at the pump?

February 32nd, in the year 7099, at half past never.

wing
Riding on 18's

Re: Dragon Gas Deal With Venezuela

Postby wing » January 28th, 2023, 8:02 am

Ramdeen: UNC not a viable alternative to the PNM
Ex-Senator also lauds Govt for Dragon Gas deal

by

Gail Alexander
9 hours ago
Fri Jan 27 2023

Gerald Ramdeen

ROBERTO CODALLO

ADVERTISEMENT

Powered by
Gail Alexander

The United National Congress, as is presently constituted, is the greatest asset to the Dr Keith Rowley-led People’s National Movement Government remaining in power, says inactive UNC member Gerald Ramdeen.

The former UNC senator says the UNC in its present form isn’t an attractive option or viable alternative to the Government.

And he has also said Government has delivered on the Dragon Gas Field matter.

Ramdeen has been a UNC member since the 2000 period, but is currently inactive. He was appointed to the Senate in 2016 as a senator. He resigned as a Senator in 2019, following an alleged corruption charge in relation to an alleged kickback scandal linked to former Attorney general Anand Ramlogan, who was his co-accused in that matter. However, the charges against both men were discontinued by the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) last year after the state’s main witness, Vincent Nelson, refused to testify until another matter he had against the state was completed.

Speaking to the T&T Guardian yesterday, Ramdeen said he supported the idea of the Dragon Gas Field getting off the ground.

Ramdeen said, “It’s progressive for T&T and a very good step. Understand me well—I’m not talking about the PNM but as I said, the Government has been able to be successful in the first stage of the Dragon Field matter and it’s very progressive for T&T.

“I think at the end of the day, anyone who has the best interests of all T&T at heart would be pleased Government is going in this direction. Whether it’s UNC or PNM, the fact is Dr Rowley has delivered this and there is great potential for T&T to benefit significantly from this.”

He added, “This matter has been worked on by various governments and this administration has delivered on it. My position is not a matter of supporting the Rowley Government, but it’s a fact that Government has delivered on this issue and if things fall into place, the potential for T&T to benefit significantly is there.”

On Tuesday, PM Rowley revealed that the US government had given T&T a two-year license to develop the reserves in Venezuela’s Dragon Gas Field.

Ramdeen also said he’s not playing an active role with the UNC currently.

However, he said the way the UNC is “presently constituted,” he feels that as a person, he can make a better contribution to the country than as a UNC member.

“The Opposition has not conducted itself in a manner that makes it a viable alternative to the Government; a classic example is there was an Energy conference held in Port-of-Spain recently with multinationals present and while the Opposition is at the front in criticising the Government, where there’s a significant development in the energy sector, the Opposition is silent.”

But he said joining the PNM isn’t an option on the table at the moment and he hadn’t been approached by the PNM.

“There are a lot of people in T&T who are willing to contribute to T&T’s development and not a lot of them are aligned to the PNM. But one is sure that in the present structure and form of the Opposition, it’s not an attractive option or viable alternative to the Government,” he said.

Coming out of the wood work

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 28th, 2023, 10:10 am

I don't think anyone can disagree with what Ramdeen said about the UNC.

However, since when he became a gas expert?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2023, 10:39 am

Mmoney607 wrote:I don't think anyone can disagree with what Ramdeen said about the UNC.

You don't need to be a gas expert to know and recognize that the US waiving sanctions on the dragon gas deal is a good for T&T.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 28th, 2023, 11:23 am

The_Honourable wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:I don't think anyone can disagree with what Ramdeen said about the UNC.

You don't need to be a gas expert to know and recognize that the US waiving sanctions on the dragon gas deal is a good for T&T.

So when the people going to see the benefits?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 28th, 2023, 11:47 am

The_Honourable wrote:

Careful you are labelled as a PNM paid blogger. Ask kickstart, money or dragon.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2023, 12:24 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

So when the people going to see the benefits?

Well any layman will know is not tomorrow morning obviously...

Former energy minister Ramnarine predicts: Dragon gas in Trinidad and Tobago by 2027

FORMER People's Partnership energy minister Kevin Ramnarine has congratulated the Prime Minister in staying the course on the Dragon gas deal between TT and Venezuela and estimates that the first gas will be pumped within three to four years.

Ramnarine spoke with Newsday on Wednesday, one day after Dr Rowley announced that the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) granted TT a waiver on sanctions imposed on Venezuela, allowing TT to extract gas from the South American country.

Ramnarine said the real victory is that the two-year license is just the beginning of possibly a longer agreement where TT can have years of a proven and reliable source of natural gas.

“The question that everybody wants to know is when is this gas going to arrive in Trinidad Tobago? I have said, all things being equal, three to four years. I would say three and a half years. A lot of things have to happen between now and then.

"One is the commercial arrangement between Shell, the National Gas Company (NGC) and the Venezuelan government and that in itself will take time to negotiate.”

Ramnarine added that getting a project to a final investment decision is also another time-consuming aspect that could take close to four years.

His three-to-four year estimation is based on everything falling into place as this deal has been some 20 years in the making, with deceased prime minister Patrick Manning beginning talks with deceased Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. He pointed out that Venezuela is yet to comment on the deal.

“It's a step in the right direction for TT. It means that it is taking us into a new phase of our energy sector where we go from an energy sector based on natural gas that was produced within our geographic borders, to one where we import natural gas via pipelines from from Venezuela. We have to consider how we derive the maximum benefits from that arrangement," Ramnarine said.

He added that over the past 12 years, the country has seen depleting gas reserves creating an “existential crisis” for companies in the energy sector such as Point Lisas resulting in the closure of Train One at Atlantic LNG.

On Rowley's revelation on Tuesday that TT had asked for a ten-year license but was only given two years, Ramnarine suspects this was the USA being cautious in lifting sanctions against Venezuela.

The two-year license, Ramnarine suspects, may persuade Venezuela to move in the direction that the US wants regarding dialogue between the Nicolas Maduro government and the Opposition and possibly fresh elections.

https://newsday.co.tt/2023/01/25/former ... o-by-2027/

wing wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

Careful you are labelled as a PNM paid blogger. Ask kickstart, money or dragon.

lol i'm good. Don't like pnm at all but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 28th, 2023, 12:41 pm

And absolutely nothing stopping this happen right? Lol. Its a guarantee, a sure thing. Lol

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 28th, 2023, 12:48 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:And absolutely nothing stopping this happen right? Lol. Its a guarantee, a sure thing. Lol

Not a guarantee, geopolitical wild cards at play but it is positive news whether you like it or not. If you want to hope for it to fall thru because it will make Rowley look bad, you go right ahead.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2023, 12:57 pm

Not saying it is a bad deal however too little too late. They had seven years to come up with something and we would not see the effects of this deal until some years down the road so can't use this as an election gimmick. I see the calls for diversification of the economy again falls on deaf ears with this deal.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 28th, 2023, 1:16 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:And absolutely nothing stopping this happen right? Lol. Its a guarantee, a sure thing. Lol

Not a guarantee, geopolitical wild cards at play but it is positive news whether you like it or not. If you want to hope for it to fall thru because it will make Rowley look bad, you go right ahead.

I know you are an intelligent guy but right now you sounding like you believe emailgate was real

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 28th, 2023, 1:16 pm

well at least the pot get stir a little and ppl smelling it now

the problem is stirring a pot of poo still leaves the poo in the pot

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 28th, 2023, 2:18 pm

what will really be accomplished by kamla talking with d usa ambassador

ting is d way rowdy does present d gas deal gives d impression is like by next mth or so rel us$ coming in & milk n honey for all & everybody in d kingdom will live nice .... like how all of us living nice under d poo nm for d past 7yrs

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 28th, 2023, 2:19 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

I know you are an intelligent guy but right now you sounding like you believe emailgate was real
Right on cue

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » January 28th, 2023, 8:36 pm

hover11 wrote:Not saying it is a bad deal however too little too late. They had seven years to come up with something and we would not see the effects of this deal until some years down the road so can't use this as an election gimmick. I see the calls for diversification of the economy again falls on deaf ears with this deal.
Diversification is a catchphrase used by the government whilst secretly praying to the Oil Gods. This is T&T's last chance to get it right. If we do benefit from the gas deal and don't focus on diversification and food security then the Devil takes the hindmost

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2023, 8:59 pm

eliteauto wrote:
hover11 wrote:Not saying it is a bad deal however too little too late. They had seven years to come up with something and we would not see the effects of this deal until some years down the road so can't use this as an election gimmick. I see the calls for diversification of the economy again falls on deaf ears with this deal.
Diversification is a catchphrase used by the government whilst secretly praying to the Oil Gods. This is T&T's last chance to get it right. If we do benefit from the gas deal and don't focus on diversification and food security then the Devil takes the hindmost
This report was from July last year yet it portrays our Current position even with this deal. People will call the economists UNC ppl but I can't take the words of imbert the engineer. We just earning enough to pay our debts, be it IDB loans, Chinese loans, World bank loan etc. While our economy suffers because the government can't pay their debts, struggling to pay their bills and barely managing to stimulate the economy in some form.Our economy is pegged to whether wars erupt and continue to drive the demand of oil and gas.
FB_IMG_1674953694154.jpg

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » January 28th, 2023, 9:38 pm

hover11 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
This report was from July last year yet it portrays our Current position even with this deal. People will call the economists UNC ppl but I can't take the words of imbert the engineer. We just earning enough to pay our debts, be it IDB loans, Chinese loans, World bank loan etc. While our economy suffers because the government can't pay their debts, struggling to pay their bills and barely managing to stimulate the economy in some form.Our economy is pegged to whether wars erupt and continue to drive the demand of oil and gas.
FB_IMG_1674953694154.jpg
Based on the economist's comments, are we able to afford a multi billion salary increase for a largely non productive workforce?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 28th, 2023, 9:57 pm

wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
FB_IMG_1674953694154.jpg
Based on the economist's comments, are we able to afford a multi billion salary increase for a largely non productive workforce?
Matters not , that will stimulate the economy in some form rather than doing what they do best which is nothing at the moment

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » January 28th, 2023, 11:20 pm

eliteauto wrote:
PNM never have a last chance.

They can do the most dirty as before and come right back in to power.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 29th, 2023, 1:37 am

The lack of self awareness is astounding
hover11 wrote:
wing wrote:
hover11 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
FB_IMG_1674953694154.jpg
Matters not , that will stimulate the economy in some form rather than doing what they do best which is nothing at the moment

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Dragon gas deal with Venezuela

Postby paid_influencer » September 21st, 2023, 7:42 am

PNM - The People's National Movement

BREAKING: Venezuela and T&T sign agreement for the development of the Dragon Gas Field!

President Nicolas Maduro: "Trinidad and Tobago, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela as good neighbors and brothers, we have taken a gigantic step! With the signing of the agreement to work the Dragon field in Venezuelan waters that will lead us to produce together, a project that is lost from sight. It is a message of Peace, of complementarity, solidarity, exercised and shared sovereignty."

#wedoingthistogether #ForABetterSaferFutureTogether #wearethePeoplesNationalMovement

380162695_699524482203924_1417559559504395390_n.jpg
380920505_699523672204005_3692081059873740467_n.jpg

hope

International coverage:
https://news.yahoo.com/maduro-says-vene ... 01647.html

(Bloomberg) -- President Nicolás Maduro said Venezuela and Trinidad and Tobago have signed a profit-sharing agreement to export gas from the PDVSA-owned Dragon offshore project.

“Our laws offer great advantages to investors, and we’re ready to move forward with any country or company that wants to invest,” Maduro said alongside Trinidad and Tobago Energy Minister Stuart Young.

The deal, which could see the countries exporting gas by 2025, involves transporting supply to Trinidad’s Atlantic LNG plant via a Shell-owned offshore platform. Young has estimated the field could start with output of 175 million cubic feet per day and ramp up to 350 million cubic feet per day.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 21st, 2023, 9:42 am

So sanctions in we ass just now?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 21st, 2023, 9:50 am

Les Bain wrote:So sanctions in we ass just now?
The US signed a two year authorization.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 21st, 2023, 10:48 am

The pageant girl was dey at the signing ?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 21st, 2023, 11:26 am

adnj wrote:
Les Bain wrote:So sanctions in we ass just now?
The US signed a two year authorization.

this is big, because we're now the approved petrobridge to Venezuela despite the global sanctions.

should bring in some $$

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » September 21st, 2023, 2:11 pm

Venezuelan cant earn any cash from this so how exactly are they to benefit..
US is looking on closely..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”